Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Worlds Collide [ OP Dominion of Eriadu ]

Kronk

NPCs by Daalen
{THE KRONK PROJECT PRESENTS: ORDINARY HEROES}

Most people called Eric Tyrro by his nickname, "Kronk". That was because he reminded them of a character from a holo-film they all enjoyed as a child: "The Senator's Newest Groove". Yes, just like one of the main characters, "Gronk", he was strong, loyal, and perhaps not the brightest. And oh boy could he cook! Today the citizens of Eriadu's capitol were relearning the origins of his title. As chaos surrounded the city he was running around, helping everyone he could. Building were threatening to collapse. All the while he ignored that, lifting rubble, letting those trapped have a better chance of escaping. But he knew it wouldn't last long. These... these things were attacking. There was no way that everyone would make it out alive. He was reminded of that when he watched a beam fall, crushing a childhood friend...

Eric kept moving. He had to keep moving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of ace pilots were called Ace. Not Jargon Lite. Nope. People called him Kronk. No one was really sure why they did that. It was just a nickname he had gotten when he was a kid. Everyone decided that it would stay for some reason. That was okay with him. Even if it sounded funny. What mattered wasn't his name, especially not right now. What was important was the fact that he could fly pretty damn well. The man was going to get as many people as he could off of Eriadu. His vessel was fast, but couldn't hold to many people at once. If he could just get them past the Reavers... just get them to one of the larger transports out in space... Maybe he could save some lives. Not everyone would make it out though. He was reminded of that when another pilot was blown into smithereens next to him. He cringed.

But Jargon kept moving. He had to keep moving.

"Thank you." Coryth said with a nod taking a pear from the tray of food.

"Of course." She said, as she turned and followed the nurse.

"No, they are no sports team dear. They are a vicious creature a type of demon spawn that many people believe only exists in children's tales. But alas that is not so. They are a nightmare awake." A sigh came as she followed after the nurse. "I was heading to the bridge, why don't you come with me Felicity." She said kindly. "I'm certain I could use a hand or two. Along the way ... that is if you don't mind."

[member="Anika Od'Manteiv"]

Rolling in like the namesake said, The Mandalorian Wrecking Ball was getting paid to kill and he wouldn't disappoint. The Mandalorian would use his skills to kill these beings known as the Bando Gora. They were said to be a fairy tales to scare children in the Southern sectors of the Galaxy.

Dropping out of hyperspace, Nolan punched his borrowed ship for the surface. The Bando fleet opened fire on him as soon as he got close, but he ignored them. He punched the engines to their maximum and shot towards the surface. The ship was damaged in the death run, the systems began to fail and the sweat rolled down the mandos head as he struggled to keep the ship on course.

At the last second, the ship gained enough control to slam into the side of a building and embed itself there. Nolan was thrown through the viewport because he forgot his seatbelt. As he bounced through the halls, some thoughts bounced through his head about the last few days since the Great Disappearance. After bouncing a few moments he popped out the other side of the building windows, he was able to level out with the aid of his repulsor pack. He floated there a moment and retreated to the building to recover from that textbook Wreckingball landing. As he sat for the moment, the ship behind him settled into its new home.

"That... might come out of my pay."

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
And then there it was, the first ship swinging into an attack position. Nine hissed the warning to her as she flipped her ship around and went on the offensive. "Yeah, yeah I see em."

"Did not." The R9 whistled in reply.

"Really Nine! Now is not the time to argue with me." Now she took aim, firing at the first ship in her path, watching as it soon exploded in front of her. Feeling the lives, even the lives of reavers destroyed in agony, hurt a fair bit. For she was still untrained in the ways of the force and could not block everything out.

@Uriel @Sarge Potteiger

EA7210976C08E82146A85FFB35969559.gif

Rhen's small ship would burst out of the tunnel of hyperspace into Eriadu -- and would be faced with a monstrous scene. There the huge and morbid ships of the Bando Gora reavers would be attacking the Eriadu shipyards, several already were attacking the FleetCom on as protectorate forces would defend the planet.

Rhen would fly his ship to and fro, attempting to avoid getting caught in the middle of any fight.

He would toggle a switch, sending a message. "This is Corellian Green Knight Rhen Qel-Droma... I am here to assist in any way I can -- whoa!"

He suddenly banked to the left, avoiding a sudden volley of fire from a bando gora ship.

Uriel

I Shall Know No Fear
A single Inquisitor was a walking tank; mobile, powerful, ensconced in battle-clad plate. Blades whirled with all the dexterity of a man, with the precision of a droid and the strength of a rancor. Force swords cleaved in twain each and every foe that threatened to engage them; Uriel with bolt pistol and force sword, backed by his fellow brothers with bolters to clear him a path into blessed melee.

Hastings' cry was held to the heavens. "Bring forth the charges!" To breach doors, something bigger was needed-- but so was answering sudden communications. As his squad handled the door, preparing to blast a hole into space, Uriel was already switching channels.

"This is Brother-Sergeant Uriel of the Inquisition, Jedi," he said quickly. "Make your way aboard FleetCom. We would appreciate your assistance."

Even if Uriel loathed the Force, its users were occasionally helpful; those willing to pledge to the cause were welcome. And a lightsaber was a handy tool for murdering reavers.

Blinking. That was her only response to her explanation. Nightmares. Monsters. Stories, but real? Demons spawn. Sounded like her little sister. No. That was mean.

"Oh." She blinked some more, walking along beside her, still carrying the tray, "Um. Yeah. I'll come with you."

She glanced down at the tray, more confused than ever. Her job moments ago had been to carry food to people, clean the halls, scrub floors, and do any other miscellaneous chore she could find. Now she was helping Master Elaris on the bridge... fight nightmare demon childrens stories.

"So... I take it you aren't hungry anymore?"

Kronk

NPCs by Daalen
Being called Kronk was weird when you were a girl. Especially a feminine little lass like Miss Lydia Cryenster. But she wasn't exactly like she seemed on the outside. Nope. While she looked like a frail woman... she was the daughter of a FleetCom commander. He had taught her how to shoot, how to fight, and how to keep herself safe in general. Now she worked hard to keep others out of harm's way. They were holed up in a smaller section of the center, stationed at the end of a long, long hallway. For who knows how long they had been trying to survive the Bando Gora's attacks. So far they had managed pretty damn well. Partially because of 'Kronk' herself. The lassy was a sharp shot who people shouldn't mess with. There was just one issue now... She was almost out of ammo. So were the soldiers behind her.

Lydia kept firing anyway. She had to.

Hastings battered the Reavers back with disruptor and blade, but as the doors closed and sealed the Inquisition inside the hangar, the Reavers did something unexpected. They vented atmosphere. Good thing they all had on their helmets. Fires burned out in a near-instant, and as the last of the charges were set on the doors Hastings took a long step back. Watching as Bolters were brought up and the men aimed them towards their exit...

Hastings counted under his breath.

A split second later the charges went off, the decompression pulling several Reavers out kicking and screaming to their inevitably frigid deaths. "FORWARD." He says into his helmet, maglocking onto the decking and charging forward as best he could. They were into the station. "Find a way to the generator."

Behind her and the small group of HRDs she had taken with her, lots of dead Reavers and Chaos knights. Ah, the wonders of modern Galaxy. Before her, the arsenal of the Eriaduan garrison. The sudden appearance of the Bando Gora had created large-scale social disruption, chaos and pandaemonium on Eriadu. What was left of the Eriaduan defence forces and militia was engaged in vicious combat with the cannibals.

Rumour had it that one of Tarkin's sons was even trying to stage a comeback. Moira was not certain whether these rumours were true, but she was here to exploit the chaos. Perhaps the Protectorate would take Eriadu, perhaps the Fringe Confederation. She had no intention of hindering either takeover, merely of profiting. And so countless bolters, blasters and other weapons were grabbed, loaded onto repulsorcrates and carted off to where their shuttle was waiting. Their stealth ship was far away from the mayhem in space, invisible to detection. By the time the Protectorate arrived the Archangels woul be gone.

Tilda Sai

T
[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

OMEGA DEFENSE FORCE

tumblr_static_speaking.gif

Anika would stand on the bridge, the various holoscreens in front of her. A new boop came in. [member="Nolan Detta"] would show in their scans.

"This is the Ciel Azul, Identify yourself." word had been sent out to all Protectorate allies that if they would aid the cause then they would get paid for their trouble.

Meanwhile...

"No... definitely not a sports team." The Twi'lek nurse would say, guiding the Jedi onwward down the hall and towards the bridge.

"Please do be careful, we want to make sure you are still healthy." she would tell Coryth. A smile would be cast to the younger blonde woman.

They would reach the bridge soon.

Eriadu, city centre

"Blood for the blood. Glory to THE Kerrigan!" A Bando Gora Priest exclaimed dramatically, raising his hands to unleash bolts of electric judgement upon the HRD who had so rudely crashed his human sacrifice to a gore-covered, moderately perverse statue of the Kerrigan, who apparently was a Chaos Goddess these days. Unfortunately for the Priest, the Force was terribly wonky these days and so the attack backfired, his bolts of lightning frying himself until he died.

Caerys looked, utterly impassive. "Unimpressive," she said blandly. A horde of Reavers surrounded, eyes full of malice and hunger. Then her shattercannon roared and they died by the scores. Nothing better than having a minigun/shattergun combo for maximum firepower and ridiculously brutal slaughter.

"Excellent, my dear." There was genuine excitement in her tone.

"It's a complicated affair. They were creatures of the force. I faced off with them on Gehenna and it was a mess. A nightmare." Coryth shuddered visibly. "I faced my worst enemy there in my life. A sith monster." She shrugged but winced for the effort. "Once you understand them, you can fight them."

Coryth nodded, "I'm fine I swear." Nope, she certainly was not as she kept on limping.

"And no my dear, I appreciate it, but however food will have to wait for now. Plus I'd rather you see what goes on, on the bridge during events like these." It was an opportunity to teach, even if officially Felicity was not her padawan. At least not yet.

@Uriel @Sarge Potteiger

"This is Brother-Sergeant Uriel of the Inquisition, Jedi," he said quickly. "Make your way aboard FleetCom. We would appreciate your assistance."

The voice would crackle within Rhen's comm. The Corellian knight would give a small smile of gratitude along with a reply.

"Roger that Brother-Sergeant Uriel, I am making my way enroute to FleetCom." he would relay; but not before banking left to avoid another volley of fire. There was no rhyme nor reason to the Bando Gora Reavers. They would simply attack and attack until they could get what they want.

They were savages; men lost out in the black and corrupted by the Bando Gora, turning into something twisted and dark.

Far darker than anything the Dark side of the Force had ever corrupted.

Flames were rising from Eriadu City and a battle was raging across it when the shuttle bearing the Archangels took off. Behind them there was chaos as the fury of the Bando Gora descended upon the planet with a vengeance. One almost had the impression that they hoped that if they drowned the world in enough blood, their Chaos Gods would return.

No matter, Moira was indifferent to the question as the small, nimble shuttle sped away, dodging flak fire and the mayhem raging across space before it finally reached the Lightbringer. The stealth ship opened its belly and the shuttle slipped inside. There was a flash and then the ship made the jump to hyperspace, leaving Eriadu and the war behind it. Under other circumstances Moira would have tried to capture some Reavers and acquire Bando Gora drugs, but she had plenty of those by now.

[member="Kronk"]

Lydia's savior came in the form of a massive Mandalorian in beskar, Mandalorian assault rifle firing a blitz of bolts into the flank of the attacking Reavers. Behind him came a band of mercenaries, buying her and the soldiers the respite they would need to reload and carry on their mission. "Protectorate are here, so are the Fringe. Just hold out." The man shouts, pushing forward with barrel aglow from firing.

He'd been on the planet for commerce, more than anything. Part of the mercenary life, really. But the Reavers didn't care why you were where you were or what you were doing there. They only cared that you bled and could scream.

He was going to do neither for them.

Kronk

NPCs by Daalen
Things were getting increasingly difficult to handle. Eric found himself stuck in an alleyway with six soldiers, their path having been blocked on either side by fallen rubble. People were screaming left and right, barking out orders that fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until the seven-foot-tall Null started lifting a stone that they fell into line. All but one of the warriors dropped their guns and went to help him. They were going to get out of there if it was the last thing they did. Together they heaved. They pushed, moving the large obstacle slowly but surely. No one even realized the last man yelling until it was too late. A Reaver had lept into the space between the buildings while they were distracted. By the time they noticed it... three of them were bleeding out on the ground.

"Kronk" didn't scream. He just grabbed the nearest weapon and shot at the beast. He kept firing as it got closer. Didn't even flinch when a knife- or claw, he didn't really know- sank into his stomach. The man kept going until the monster fell, unable to keep moving with that many holes in it. Then, satisfied with his work, Eric slid down the wall. He was going to die.

But at least he had saved a few dozen lives first.

Felicity was definitely the least informed sentient being on this ship. Probably in this entire sector, actually. She felt like she was always asking stupid questions. It Owain was around to hear this, he'd probably be embarrassed for her. She was blushing as she followed onto the bridge. Why was she here? She was useless! She passed by a astrodroid and set the tray on the flat surface of it's lid as she hurried along with Master Elaris.

"You want me to see?" Yes. Another stupid question, "Why? I don't know what I can do to help, but I'll do my best. Promise."

That was all she could do. Always doing her best. And it was never quite enough. Celeste was better than her best, even when she wasn't even trying. Growing up with her as a baby sister certainly did a number on the girls confidence.

Tilda Sai

T
[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Felicity Mason"]

The twi'lek nurse would let them continue their conversation. Finally, they would turn a corner and come to large double doors that would lead them to the bridge.

The small hiss of a sound would allow them entrance, revealing a wide bridge with several uniformed Protectorate officers at their stations. There in the middle, stood a woman in blue. The rank on her shoulder and breast would label her a Major.

She was the Eye in the Sky; the Watcher of all.

Intelligence to keep all of the Protectorate forces together and informed.

tumblr_mrsk0q7Gr41ry6tr2o1_500.gif
Her head would turn, catching sight of the Jedi Master and the younger blonde woman next to her. A nod would be sent to her.

"Master Jedi," she would nod, extending her hand. "It is a pleasure to see you are safe." and to connect a face with the voice.

Amnell de Portiers

The Girl With An Expiration Date
Nine squealed loudly in her ears as she dove under one of the Reaver ships in the air. "Little too close for comfort, I know!" She half yelled back at him. A grappling hook just barely missed her nose as she came up and headed on to the next ship.

"Watch out!" Came another whistle from Nine.

"I see it. I see it." She said quickly as she lined up for another shot or two. The Reaver ship certainly took damage but it was by no means out of commission. Gotta work harder. She told herself as she came about for another run at it. Coming around again, she launched a series of missiles at the ship, looking to take out it's engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom