Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your ideal rank?

Hey All,

It could be because I'm tired, I never start these discussions, but I'm curious when it comes to characters what people consider to be their ideal rank? Do you strive to be a Master of the Force or are you content if you reach the level of Knight, etc? Is there some perk that comes with rank that interests you? I'm curious because I look at the different powers levels and some people seem to climb towards Master a lot more quickly than their other counterparts.

Me? Most of the characters I play the most are NFU's. I like the draw to them because while they are at a disadvantage, when facing their force using counterparts, I think they are a bit rougher and rawer. An NSFU to me proves that you don't need to be a force user to be hardcore and even though it might be tough you can still take down a Jedi or a Sith.

As for Force Users themselves I'd say my ideal rank would be Knight. Sure they're not as powerful as a Master but that said a Knight can still compete with a Master on a lot of different levels, in my opinion. People might disagree.

Anyways I'm finally going to try to get some sleep. What's your ideal rank?

In previous sites where we had NFU rankings, it was universal amongst my characters to achieve the rank-equivalent of Knight and never be promoted again. This pattern continued for years, so I'd say I probably operate best at a Knight-equivalent level. Which raises the question why Raz and Fabs are not Knight-equivalent and have never acted that way.

I'm not sure I've been RPing long enough to gravitate to any one class, the power levels on all my characters are exceedingly unique and varied.

I've been running around with Darth Voracitos the longest and he's a pretty big guy (both in terms of size and force power :p) a Master sorcerer renowned for his grand area sweeping destructive ability, a schemer, but ultimately too touched by sloth to be bothered to do much else other than to tend to his many vices. Now he's a ghost bent on revenge, but again, too distracted by his vices to complete his goals.

On the flip side I've had a grand old time as an inventive mercenary, whose only been bested or brought low by some of the more renowned Force Masters of our time.

But most of all I think I like playing the aliens, and I always strive to use them! Examples:

First character=Noghri Sith Terrorist
Second character=Custom Race (Resu) Ambassador
Early character=Hutt Jedi
Well-liked character=Tusken Raider Mandalorian
Personally liked character=Resu Vagabond Mercenary
Latest character=Technobeast-Resu Religious Zealot (to Moross)
Random Character=Togruta Senator

Among others. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. So if alien was a rank, I think I'd gravitate towards that. But realistically, I think the NFU's that fight FU's are my calling, so my guess is that I'd be "Knight-level" since they can fight padawans and masters alike and not get pawned instantly. Yup, that's it I guess.

Verdict: Knight level NFU Alien Jedi Hunter :3

I like developing my NFUs from scritchy-scratch, you know? Jedi/Sith/Whatever have an inherent ability to survive something, because canonly force users just tend to be better automatically at most things, if not all. So playing a NFU, is a lot more challenging and rewarding at the same time. Take my character, Preliat Mantis, for example. Literally started off as a grunt in the Mandalorian army. Is now one of the most violent and more feared Mandalorians, just because of his brutality and what he's done.

But for a Force User....I'm a sucker for canon. And most Jedi, were Knights. Rarely did they make Master. I personally like being the Knight, the brave Jedi Knight. Sure, it'd be nice to be Master. But I don't feel I've created a character that's deserved or needs to be a Master. Tracyn, Darin, whatever, I don't feel like they should be Masters. Partly because I don't want to be a Master, but also partly because Master, rp wise, just means how long you've been on a character.

Plus the 25 year old Master thing irks me a bit.

^Likewise.

For me, the ranks are based less on skill and more on maturity, when it comes FUs. A Master is a Knight who trained an apprentice to knight, that takes a significant amount of maturity and wisdom, because they also (canonically) are essentially raising teenagers they haven't known their entire lives. Their skills might vary significantly, but it's their wisdom, knowledge, and responsibility that makes a Master. I'll hazard a guess that's why Anakin was not made Master on admittance to the Council. He still didn't have the maturity for that. Power-wise, he probably did, but it's the character of an individual that matters, not their strength.

As for me, I like knight level. It's like having the Naval rank of Captain on a frigate. Tough enough to survive, but not strong enough to get saddled down with too many responsibilities.

Crimean Chief Prosecutor

42481518_620x.jpg

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
[member="Saki"]

How exactly did you achieve that rank at 16 btw? You do realize that the Jedi are normally far too traditional to award a rank like that to somebody so young, even on a merely honorary basis.

As for the ideal rank for me...there is no ideal. To establish an ideal is to establish an end point to my ascension, a limit to my potential. I shall climb as high as I possibly can, until I, inevitably, even with the assistance of the Force, die.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
[member="Darth Armyss"] through hard work dedication and being one of the few who treated my flaws as strengths. I'm young, I'm ill tempered and was trained in a form of combat that few if any should use as a padawan. A dangerous game my master was playing and I have severe abandonment issues but instead of saying how I was better then I am. I admited to my faults, use them as a strength and have fought in nearly every Republic invasion against the sith (with the exception of Coruscant as my computer was broken)

[member="Maria Natalja"]

That's something thats always interested me. You hear the term High and Low Knight thrown out on occasion but what distinguishes the two? I suppose there is a certain scale of power but I've always thought a Jedi, or Sith, could simply be determined by the rank of Knight. Just like some Masters are inherently more powerful than others some Knights likely are as well.

Ermac Laith said:
[member="Maria Natalja"]

That's something thats always interested me. You hear the term High and Low Knight thrown out on occasion but what distinguishes the two? I suppose there is a certain scale of power but I've always thought a Jedi, or Sith, could simply be determined by the rank of Knight. Just like some Masters are inherently more powerful than others some Knights likely are as well.
I think there is no set time or powers or something which determines what kind of Knight you are, it's basically whether you're a newly promoted Knight or a longtime Knight. May also depend on how your character is seen by others and how they act or something, not sure. But I think it's mostly the matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom