Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like the first event of SWRP 2016 to be?

Oh, and to make sure this isn't another "Forcers are best at solving this problem" or "Light and Dark have to work together"

Let's have it be a more Sciency weapon, rather than something Forcicle so that NFU's can blow it up too.

Alna Merrill said:
Crazy-ass spacial anomaly scrambles up the location of the systems and planets in the Galaxy - maybe Celestial nonsense? Every faction immediately goes to war to re-establish their influence clouds and grab the choiciest planets for themselves. People who aren't in major factions have the option to join up as mercenaries or otherwise influence everything trying to come together again. Sure it'd be a logistical/carebear nightmare, but if nothing else, it shakes up the antfarm like whoa.
This combined with:

Cira said:
S T A R. W A R S. R E B E L I O N
allow minor factions and companies tier 5 and up to rebel within major faction clouds to make the planet neutral.
1. Allows focus on minor, companies, and major factions.
2. Risk cause planet can be -- rebelled to neutrality at 100 posts with all standards dominion rules of a good story.
Plus, a hidden organization that is trying to sabotage the clouds as a faction regains them. Something to really, truly get the factions involved. Think about it, companies start taking planets, that gets a bit of acknowledgement. Combined with entire systems vanishing then appearing in other locations? This will make everyone interest in my honest opinion.

Combined with an actual threat to their stability? We wind up with intrigue, suspence, and even danger!

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Force takes a nap. It's tired.

Not even joking, either. From the new Episode 7 Visual Dictionary:

"...the cosmic Force has lain dormant, seemingly quieted to those able to sense its presence."

Event? Have the Force go dormant again. Force-sensitives get taken down a notch, and it looks permanent. Default mode around here is Prequel-level or Clone Wars-level Force powers. Knock us back to Original Trilogy-level for a while.

Fatty said:
Oh, and to make sure this isn't another "Forcers are best at solving this problem" or "Light and Dark have to work together"

Let's have it be a more Sciency weapon, rather than something Forcicle so that NFU's can blow it up too.
We've actually only had two explicitly Force-centric events so far. Sure, they may have been the most recent two, but that's still only 1/3 of our events being focused on the Force. :p

The Borg! Or, a fresh and new Star Wars equivalent species that can be made on this site! Back when they came to the big screen, the reaction to such an enemy in the audience's favorite sci-fi was very positive. But, we have to make them formidable like the Reapers were. When I say this, I mean that they should still present a problem of life and death even if you happen to be CONVENIENTLY taking a luxury cruise in your strongest battleship in the right place at the right time. (Yes. I've seen that done...)

A two part event.

Part 1: An extremely old and powerful race of organic technology awakens with the one goal of enslaving all life. We fight it, but eventually we realize that they are way too strong. They actually win and get enslaved.

Part 2: As a collective group of force-users and non-force-users, good and bad, we all create a devious plan to rebel. Think of a massive rebel alliance.

Now, there are always going to be those people who like to be evil, which is why the Sith are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, factions on the site. Therefore we allow those types to surrender to the baddies. Then those guys can work with the bad guys. This idea is basically combining the reapers from mass effect (which I personally thought was awesome) with something that will make us work together, and the feel of the movies where there is a greater power oppressing everyone, while the weak guys finally rise up and destroy the giant ball that fires lasers. This idea could pretty easily be fleshed out. Also, in case you're wondering what would happen to the people who want to just rp normally, they can just rp in a time before the invasion.

((So before I throw down this Idea, Keep in mind it’s simply just a suggestion, I’m very new to the site so I’m not sure what has and hasn’t been done. With that in mind, here you guys go.))

The galaxy is currently being fought for by all factions, expanding influence is a constant struggle for every faction. In the midst of it all in an unknown region of the galaxy a new power has risen. While the main factions are oblivious to this new power, the force in all living things seems to become shattered. The presence of the force eventually becomes dormant. Force users can no longer practice their arts of magic and alchemy. Technology like common blaster rifles, and datapads no longer work, as if everything all NFU’s and Fu’s alike have known, vanishes from existence.
Has the force gone dormant? Is this rise of unknown power the reason for the sudden changes in our everyday lifestyle?
These events cause the galaxy to end up in a panic, a panic that can no longer be controlled by the Jedi or Sith. It’s up to the wits of every man and woman alike to find the missing link. Restore the force and the galaxies technology to its former glory.
However with the Jedi and Sith Crippled, there are still those that wouldn’t like the force to be a common threat as it once was. There are those who would rather make new creations that would work during this new era of confusion. Some creators might even find ways around the technology problems building bigger and better weapons.
The galaxy is up for grabs, but will it be the old ways of life that are restored, or is a change coming?
Who’s to say that this new power in the unknown reaches of space aren’t going to come out on top in the end?
With all these questions left unanswered only one thing remains true.

THE ARISEN HAS COME!

Wow these events sound like a crazy bit of fun :lol: . Looks like a lot of people are rooting for a more traditional SW event. I'd tend to agree, though I haven't roleplayed with zombies in Star Wars yet. That sounded like a fun event. Anyway, here's my humble suggestions on how you could appease a lot of people at once.

1. Shake the galaxy up within a limited field. The Star Wars universe is a huge one, and in this timeline it seems like the entire galaxy has been encompassed in disaster multiple times over a short period of time. That seems a little overboard and could be almost immersion breaking for some.

2. Keep it familiar. Star Wars has always been about the galaxies fate repeating itself. I'm not suggesting another Skywalker pop up of anything, (cause that would be corny) but hark back to the universes essential themes as you plan the site event.

3. Nothing gets people moving like a macguffin. And the macguffin is a key part of Star Wars movies. I liked the idea someone gave of the Force going dormant, where usage becomes dampened. Perhaps it must be reawakened and can be directly linked to the past through this baby right here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Jedi_Temple Maybe the side to reach it first is prophesied to realign the balance of the force in their favor. A race to find the first Jedi Temple could directly mirror elements from the Force Awakens in a clever way that wouldn't have to feel too derivative but could be a fun tie in all the same.

4. If the Force is going to be a key player, keep it mystic. Don't try to explain everything away. That is the fun of it.

Kevros Kovani said:
((So before I throw down this Idea, Keep in mind it’s simply just a suggestion, I’m very new to the site so I’m not sure what has and hasn’t been done. With that in mind, here you guys go.))

The galaxy is currently being fought for by all factions, expanding influence is a constant struggle for every faction. In the midst of it all in an unknown region of the galaxy a new power has risen. While the main factions are oblivious to this new power, the force in all living things seems to become shattered. The presence of the force eventually becomes dormant. Force users can no longer practice their arts of magic and alchemy. Technology like common blaster rifles, and datapads no longer work, as if everything all NFU’s and Fu’s alike have known, vanishes from existence.

Has the force gone dormant? Is this rise of unknown power the reason for the sudden changes in our everyday lifestyle?

These events cause the galaxy to end up in a panic, a panic that can no longer be controlled by the Jedi or Sith. It’s up to the wits of every man and woman alike to find the missing link. Restore the force and the galaxies technology to its former glory.

However with the Jedi and Sith Crippled, there are still those that wouldn’t like the force to be a common threat as it once was. There are those who would rather make new creations that would work during this new era of confusion. Some creators might even find ways around the technology problems building bigger and better weapons.

The galaxy is up for grabs, but will it be the old ways of life that are restored, or is a change coming?

Who’s to say that this new power in the unknown reaches of space aren’t going to come out on top in the end?

With all these questions left unanswered only one thing remains true.

THE ARISEN HAS COME!
*nods* I love this idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom