Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What game are you currently playing?

Ok I necro thread

I have a lot of favorites and there are several games in my rotation, but one game I always come back to, no matter what, has been Escape from Tarkov.

Despite some of the controversy that surrounds Nikita (Lead Game Designer of the game), the bugs, the cheaters, and Tarkov just being Tarkov at times, it's genuinely a one-of-a-kind extraction shooter that no other title of its genre comes even close to dethroning this game. The gunplay and overall gameplay mechanics are unlike anything you'll see, and it's genuinely fun to figure it out. The sound design is genuinely top notch and holds extremely well, given it doesn't break like it used to every wipe, way before 1.0 launch. The gunsmith system is out of this world, I genuinely wish other FPS games had this level of detail, but then again, not many games have this level of detail or simulated realism within their scope.

Now, would I recommend it?

Depends on what kind of gamer you are. Tarkov genuinely isn't for everyone I'm afraid, hence why the game and extraction shooters as a genre is a bit of a niche.

If you can handle the time dedication this game expects from you, and if you can handle the blows this game will -without hesitation- throw at you, then you can get your money's worth out of it. I certainly have, I'm at 2k hours and counting. The game is still receiving a ton of content and balancing updates and there are events hosted, both major (story related) and minor. It's damn fun if you can handle the BS this game will throw at you, ESPECIALLY with a friend or a group of friends.
 
VRChat, I am part of a Milsim group that hunts down Neos. Now lets do some math. I am on from 6:30 to 9:30 so about 3 hours a day. I have been part of the group since August 11th of last year. So I have been playing VRChat for about... 1017 hours
 
Third Age: Total War mod DAC (Divide and Conquer) submod spinoff AGO (AI and Gameplay Overhaul) for base game Medieval II: Total War (yes)

Picking up No Mans Sky.

Never really played past a handful of hours.

I’m the kind of NMS player who goes “woah” for every new update, reading through the release log with a big dumb grin and diving right in, then after an hour or two I forget its existence. This game really is all about getting out of it what you give and I just don’t give or get much. Tragic because the concept and updates are right up my space alley but the repetition and ‘mile wide inch deep’ just isn’t for me. Still would fully recommend it to anybody who likes this kind of gameplay loop, power to you if you do.
 

Delila Castillon

#GhostlyRedheadsReign
Tragic because the concept and updates are right up my space alley but the repetition and ‘mile wide inch deep’ just isn’t for me.

Maybe this is it for me. I've picked it up several times and never got past a few hours for probably many of the same reasons.

Bought an old school game guide to assist me on this quest. I figured maybe I need some tips during game play.
 
Maybe this is it for me. I've picked it up several times and never got past a few hours for probably many of the same reasons.

Bought an old school game guide to assist me on this quest. I figured maybe I need some tips during game play.
Yeah it’s a game that clicks or doesn’t click. I’m sure I’ll try it again sometime but I expect the same result lol

Ahhh game guides!! Oh how I loved whipping out my strategy guide just for fun. Or reading manuals in game cases on the way home. Those were the days……………………….
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom