Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Piece of Junk! [Sandrow/Vani]

Emily Vani

E
Several days later in Mos Espa, Tatooine...

640px-Mos_Espa_2.png

After finally having landed, Emily is ready to leave the ship. So is Re.

Who, has eaten through two pillows.

"JAAAAAAK! Let's go!" she yells through the ship.

'Why do men take so long?' The jump through hyperspace to get here had been spent with a tentative romance. Both sure yet unsure of exactly how this was working. Or going to work.

"JAK!" this time her voice is snappier. Re is giving a low guttural growl. He knows the ship has landed.

@[member=Jak Sandrow]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Several clangs and rattles were heard, with possibly a few heartfelt Rodian curses thrown in for good measure.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here. Just locking down the ship."

He cracked his back, and joined them on the ramp. "Arrighty then. Let's get this show on the road," he said, pulling up the collar of his jacket.

At her inquisitive glance, he replied, "I'm a plant. The sun does murder to my skin here."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Laughing at him, she reaches out to grab his hand. Expecting him to flinch away like he used to she asks, "May I?"

Showing some relation between them would keep her safer her. That and she just wanted to hold his hand.

Re ran ahead to experience the new place.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

In the split second before she grabbed him, he considered.

Ah, whatever. Okay. He held her back, squeezing an acknowledgement.

---

It wasn't that long before he had found the shop he was looking for.

"Ay wono wanga?"

Jak couldn't speak Huttese, but he could parse well enough. "Yeah. I'd like to speak to Teeba?" he asked the diminutive Rodian.

"[Teeba's not here. Go some place else.]"

Jak lifted his goggles.

"Tell him it's Jak. He'll know."

The Rodian grumbled and went inside.

"You catch any of that?" he asked her curiously.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Uhhhh...sure!" she smiles at him playfully, squeezing his hand.

In all honesty. Emily knew one language. Nothing else. She never bothered, it seemed like a waste of time. If a man wanted her body, he would have to speak her language. Simple as that.

Well, that was the old way of thinking. Now there was Jak.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Mmhmm," he said, grinning. "And you'd understand him if he gave you an appreciating comment instead of an insulting one?"

Just a test...

"[Jak? Hey, buddy, where are you?]" A blindfolded Toydarian fluttered out of the shop, feeling his way around. "[Gimme a shout, will ya?]"

"Right here," Jak replied.

"[That's Jak, alright. So. You here for the parts, or did something else strike your fancy?]"

"Nope. Just the parts. Unless Emily here wants something?" he turned the question to her.

"[Ahh, I see you brought someone with you. Emily, did you say?]"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily stifled a laugh as the Toydarian moved about blindfolded.

"Yes, this most certainly is Jak." she says with a smile.

"Oh, no thanks, not today." she replies to the question.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

(Keep in mind, anything in [these brackets] is translated Huttese. C: )

"[Well then. Follow me. Oh, and tell Emily that I can find my way around just fine,]" Teeba fired over his shoulder as he turned and made his way into the shop.

Maneuvering around the crates and odds and ends like someone well-accustomed to his condition, Teeba soon came to a stop in front of an irregularly shaped black box, about the height of Jak, and twice that for the length.

"[A CEC 242 hyperdrive. This will get you where you want to go, and how!]" he said, patting the hyperdrive cover. "[And the agreed-on price? You have the money? And I mean, real money.]"

"Yeah. Here," he said, fishing some credit chits out of his pocket.

Teeba held out his hand, and Jak placed the chits in his palm. Feeling over the currency, Teeba nodded. "[That is the correct price.]"

"And the computers?" Jak persisted.

"[Ach... sorry about that,]" Teeba apologized. "[Someone came and stole them. I'm sorry, Jak, I don't have them.]"

Jak nodded. "Fair enough. How long ago?" "[Two weeks.]" Jak whistled. "Then they're long gone. Thanks, Teeba!"

Taking the hyperdrive onto a cargo sled, he helped Emily up beside him. Giving a whistle, he called for Re.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily stood idly by, letting the two conduct about their business.

When they had finally gotten on the cargo sled, Emily leaned into Jak, feeling comfortable closer to him.

"So. No computers? What're we gonna do now? Sorta hard to do computer things without computers."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He sighed, and leaned a little in her direction. "I don't know. Well... till I can make requests around, we could drop this off at the ship and go see the sights - whatever sights there are to see."

He smiled at her. "Shall we?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
See the sights, get comfy with Jak, see some more sights...sounded good to her.

"Yeah...I'd like that." she says, getting closer to Jak.

The grin is ever so visible on her face.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He grinned at her, and roared back to the ship.

Well, roared was a relative term. More like floated. I mean, the ship did a top speed of 15 km/h.
---
Finally dropping off the items, he decided to let her choose where to go.

"So. Where to next?" he asked.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well, I did hear about a pod race going on some time today." Emily had heard about pod races before. Never seen one.

"Maybe if we hurry we can catch it in time!"

The first date. In Emily's head at least.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"That's if this stupid cart goes any faster," he said, slapping the dash.

Well, it wouldn't make a bad first date, Jak surmised.
----
"Geez, there's nowhere to park," he complained. "Hold on, I'll - there!" He quickly - relatively quickly - managed to get to the spot before the other person did.

"Right, I'll hop out and catch you from the other side," he said, leaping down from the cargo sled to the milling crowd on the ground.
He tapped at her side door.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
From the sounds of it, things were almost underway.

Hoping out into Jak's arms, she wiggled free and starts towards the race track.

"Hurry!" she yells back, anxious to catch every minute.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Hold up!" he said, trying to catch up to her.

"Careful," he said. "You could get lost in this."

As they got closer to the entrance bottleneck, the crowd began forcing them to press together. Not an entirely unpleasant experience.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Pfft. I wont get lost!" She says. But just in time to get shoved backwards into Jak.

"Okay, maybe I should stay with you," she says, grabbing onto Jak's sleeve like a lost child.

Even with the amount of people, Em was excited.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He nodded. "Good idea."

After they got in, paid their fee, and managed to find a decent seat - one by a stairway - he managed to snag a vidscreen so they could watch the podracers on the rest of the track.

"So, this one's a..." He explained the different pods to her, based on what he knew on engines and stuff.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
After Jak's explanation of it all, the race was about to start.

Excitedly, Emily pinched Jak trying to grab him in her joy.

"Oh! Sorry!" she says kissing his hand playfully where she did it.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Hey, it's fine, I'm - okay, you can kiss it," he said.

The pods gunned their engines, and a roar began to sweep the crowd. Selecting a racer at random, he watched it in person as it gunned off, then looked down at the screen. It wasn't doing too badly; it had gotten in third place right off the get-go, so it was a skilled pilot.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom