Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll make it through

Corvus smiled weakly. They’d only just met and she’d laid a pretty heavy burden on her sister already. “For now I’m not worried. I’m used to compartmentalising things and you’re the only person that knows about this, so I shouldn’t be worried about anyone coming looking to root around looking for anything.”

She sighed. “Sorry to put a bit of a downer on the day. It’s been something of an emotional roller-coaster for sure. But one thing’s for sure. I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything. I mean, there are aspects I wish were different of course,” she waved her hand and almost knocked over the flowers sitting in the vase on their table, “But if that meant not having this relationship, I think that would be too high a price to pay.”

“What I’m saying is that you being my sister is more important than…the other thing. It reminds me of the words to a song I heard when I came here. I never listened to music you know, never. But this emotional stuff has opened that world up to me. But the song, yes. The words are important to me."

“You’re not alone
Together we stand
I’ll be by your side; you know I’ll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There’s no place to go
You know I won’t give in…”

“That’s exactly how I feel.”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Ah music . . ." Taeli said as Corvus said the lines to a popular song she had heard before. She preferred orchestral music, or just something soft and musical to wash over her whenever she needed it. "I could never imagine living without music, Corvus. It's a way to express oneself, but not through words. Music can elicit any reaction: laughter, sadness, good memories, hope, love, despair, etc. It can get the blood pumping for action, or slow us down to relax."

Taking her sister's hand, she continued, "I would never ever give this up, what we have now. I don't care that we're on different sides of the spectrum of the Force, or are part of different Orders. This, right here, is more important than any of that."

She couldn't help herself by humming the next part to the song, and she was . . . hesitant to admit she was actually a rather good singer.

"Keep holding on, Corvus, just like the song says," she said, smiling at her sister. "I know you might try and get the urge to compartmentalize this all in the future, but don't . . . please. You can be a Jedi and still be a person, I've met too many people, both Jedi and Sith, that are blinded by sole obsession to their beliefs. They've given up what makes us beings . . . what makes long for family or rare sights or knowledge or whatever we find exciting in life."

Corvus had never considered music properly before. It was still something that happened in the background, but as the person that was Corvus was making demands for more of the time that had previously only been given to the Jedi par of her, she found it helpful. It put words to emotions and thoughts she had.

To date it had all been about dealing with sorrow and loss and finding her sisters but perhaps one day it could embrace a wider range of emotions. Perhaps.

And she listened to her sister’s words of advice. She was slowly allowing the woman that was Corvus into her life. It was still a separate entity, but it was progress. And given more time with Taeli, she could only flourish more. It wasn’t as if there was a six-years war about to happen and the very fabric of the Force would be placed into jeopardy.

And the saddest part was that, deep down, she liked being a Jedi and until she’d met Taeli, had no interest in being a person. But then what would Corvus’ life be without conflict?

“What’s next for you? What are your ambitions?”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Me? Well I'll probably focus on growing my company, learn some new things, track down some artifacts. But eventually, I would like to eventually become someone with a bit more power within the Sith, some way I can shape policy away from the Sith are quickly becoming."

She knew she was about to get very . . . philosophical here, but her inner scholar and teacher couldn't resist.

"As I probably stated previously, I really despise the actions some of my colleagues partake in. Take Vornskr for instance. He does whatever he likes, without fear of any repercussions, while he gets away with genocide, slavery, sadistic torture, and numerous other atrocities. I can't stand that because it's against everything I think a Sith should be. A more moderate being is needed in the upper echelons of the Sith, or else you cna count on continued destruction and horrors."

Taking a breath, she sighed and took on a sheepish look.

"Sorry sister, I rambled a bit there and showed some of my ambition," she said, giggling a little. "What are you going to do next?"

Corvus shrugged. With anyone else she would no doubt be coy about her intentions, about what's been discussed. But this was her sister.

"I have Ossus, which is in itself a full-time role. I head up the Academy and I'm responsible for the training of all Jedi. And I'm on the Jedi Council too, which is a responsibility. And...with Kiskla gone, the rest of the Council want me to take over as GrandMaster. I think I'm too young, so they've decided to delay the decision, so until then I'll simply keep myself busy with Jedi business. Oh, and that last part's a secret - but I trust you." She smiled at her sister.

Most of what she heard sounded what she'd expected and knowing at last one other Sith that shared Taeli's views, she wondered if a more moderate One Sith might none day become a reality. But oddly what intrigued her most was her sister's company. "You have your own business? What does it do?" of all of the things mentioned, this seemed the most alien of the concepts to her.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"I own Krayt Industries, well half own," Taeli replied with a smile. She was glad her sister was a teacher mostly, and she would certainly keep the secret that she might be tapped to be the next Grandmaster quiet. It was useful information after all.

"We specialize in shipbuilding, anti-matter, and droids, and originally, we were just solely selling to the Sith," she continued. "But, when myself and my partner Alexandra took over, we expanded to the Imperial Remnant and a few other places. I'm actually going to be in neogitations soon with a few other factions within the galaxy, but that's all hush hush."

Luaghing a little to herself as she thought about how that all came about, she said, "I wasn't originally going to have a company, but I wanted to help out where I could for my faction. So I went to meet with Darth Banshee, with Alex, to see about helping and wo and behold, she was actually a traitor and fled. We just picked up the pieces and ran with it. Sort of funny I guess."

Corvus listened intently to the machinations of running a company. “It all sounds hectic but in a way fun. I suppose I could devote some time to setting up a charity but as a Jedi I have neither need nor the authority to have credits – which is why my share of the estate will be given away. But rather than just hand it over, I might consider the possibility of setting up a charity. Unfortunately, unless they create more hours in the day, I don’t know how I’d be involved in a meaningful way.”

Corvus sighed. The meal was finished, they’d shopped and had a wonderful time and she had a sinking feeling it would all be over soon. And a new emotion hit her. Emptiness. She’d never worried about being alone before – in fact she never thought about it. But suddenly she’d shared a chunk of her life with someone else and knowing they’d soon part gave her an enormous feeling of loss.

“I’ll miss you…” she managed and squeezed her sister’s hand.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"I'll miss you too," Taeli said, feeling a burning in her throat as she knew their time together was almost at an end . . . for now. She could feel the sadness and loneliness trying to take a grip on her heart, but she shook it off as best she could. They would remain in touch, and Taeli would watch over their youngest sibling once she awoke from her coma.

"We have to stay in touch, and we have ways to do that now," she said, squeezing her sister's hand in return. "Maybe have more days like this, but if you . . . ever need me . . . for anything at all . . . don't hesitate to call. You aren't alone anymore Corvus, you've got me to talk to . . . even if I'm a Sith. You're much more important than any duties I would have to drop to come help you or be around you."

Corvus allowed Taeli to settle the bill as agreed and then they walked out together. For as much as she'd like this day to last forever, she had duties to attend to back on Ossus.

So she walked her sister back to the spaceport and hugged her again. "Believe me when I say that today was the best day of my life - ever. And the good news is that we'll always have this place. It's not like it's going anywhere is it?" She disengaged and smiled broadly. "Plus we can communicate in two different ways now. Let's make sure we use them."

And before she could change her mind or do anything stupid, Corvus walked quickly to her ship and rushed to the cockpit to get airborne. Despite the day being perfect, she couldn't shake the nagging feeling that it wouldn't last. 'Until next time,' she thought and hoped her sister got the message.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Until we meet again, sister," Taeli thought back at her sister, enjoying the ghost feeling of that last hug and sighing a little. At least her sister hadn't rejected her for being a Sith, like her adopted parents, even if she was well within her rights to do so as a Jedi. Wishing that this day could have been the norm, instead of the exception, Taeli made her way back to her own ship, thinking.

It had been a day of ups and downs, tears and happiness . . . and Taeli wouldn't trade it for anything. She was glad to have met Corvus, and hoped her other sister would be equally fun to meet, once she awoke from her coma that is. Still, she had sensed Melori's darkness, and how it was festering and growing. It would need to be controlled properly . . . but that was for another day.

Looking around the Coronet spaceport, she had a distinct feeling not everything was going to remain the same the next time she was back on Corellia. Blinking, her mind conjured up an image of fire and death everywhere, forces of light and darkness clashing for control. Blinking again, the image was gone and . . . she hoped that image her mind constructed would not take place. Corellia had to remain whole . . . for both her sake and for the memories it contained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom