Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll make it through

Corvus had spent her entire life being the big sister. Even when she wasn’t connected to her family, she knew she was the eldest. A position of authority in a way. But now Taeli took that role and there was a pang of…jealousy? Corvus was sure Taeli would feel the emotion - but this was no time for secrets.

Corvus felt a warmth through the connection. ‘Do you know I’ve never gone shopping since I was four. No, I went once a few weeks ago - back to the candy store here in Coronet City that I frequented as a child. It was oddly wonderful - buying sweets from my childhood. But no, I’ve never been shopping.’

‘In fact, here’s something else that might surprise you. Other than my robes, I own no clothes. I have a really old outfit I cane to Ossus in that’s what - five year’s old? It’s threadbare and a bit of a tight fit in places - but that’s it. I use it if I have to go undercover. But I only ever wear robes. Could you…I mean, would you help me choose some clothes? I don't even know what colours suit me or what's in fashion or anything. I was going to donate my share of the proceeds of the estate to charity as a matter of course, but a few things for myself isn’t too selfish is it? And a restaurant? That would be so very, very special to me.’ What followed was that sad feeling that only comes from being so happy it hurts. She could help her internal thoughts from leaking across to Taeli, ‘Please don’t let this end. Please…’

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Taeli felt the slight twinge of jealousy over her claiming it as her responsibility to keep the family together, and she immediately sent a comforting feeling and assurances she didn't want to annoy her sister at all about it. Then Corvus explained she had never gone shopping, and she couldn't help but allow a little pity to seep into their meld.

'I don't want this to end either,' she thought, sending comfort to her sister over the sadness. 'And we must rectify your wardrobe then, I personally hate wearing Sith robes when I'm forced to for certain occasions. As you can tell, I prefer really nice dresses since I actually have the money to pay for them and all. Come on, I saw a really nice clothing store in Coronet we can try first. Let's see if we can't find that style of yours, robes are just so boring. I've never understood why the Jedi limit themselves to just them, no offense meant at all.'

Getting up to her feet, but keeping a hold of her sister's hand and squeezing it while smiling at her, Taeli kept the warmth flowing through the meld. She couldn't hide the thought that she really didn't want this to end either, and wishing it could keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoIe_JatFfI

Corvus felt the reassurance flooding through her. Why couldn't other attempts at being a person have gone so well. Why couldn't Melori…

That was then and this was now. And it wouldn’t end, Corvus was determined about that. And as out of character as the notion seemed to her, the prospect of shopping with her sister felt quite simply awesome.

And then came a huge pang of guilt. Of the entire galaxy she was truly only close to one person - [member="Kana Truden"]. And as close as they were, she’d never allowed herself to do anything like this with her. She felt as though she was betraying her friend - but at the same time she wanted this so badly. So she decided to do something special with Kana the first chance she got. It didn’t take the feeling away - but it lessened it. Corvus was having to do a lot of learning about all these emotions and how complicated they felt.

‘I wear clothes because they’re practical. I don’t do anything that isn’t…you know…Jedi. I train Padawans, I go on missions. I study. That’s all I do. So no offence taken, please open my eyes - it’s long overdue.’ The sense of excitement would be permeating their connection now as she kept her sister’s hand. And a small amount of trepidation. She hadn’t worn a dress since she was four. And as much as she was looking forward to it, there was apprehension to. A Rancor she could face, looking stupid in a dress she couldn’t.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Taeli had felt the excitement , then guilt over something, then the return of the excitement as Corvus spoke over their link. Something about her best friend or not going something fun with her, well maybe this experience would open her eyes about having a little frivolous fun.

'With how you look, I don't think you'll be embarrassed by how you'll look in a dress,' Taeli thought with a smile, giving off some confidence and reassurance to her sister. 'Just . . . trust me on that, by the end of the day, you won't even recognize yourself when I'm done.' She meant that in terms of dresses and makeup and all that other stuff, not turning her to darkness or anything. She made that abundantly clear in their connection as she hailed a cab to take them away from the graves of their family.

As they returned to the city, Taeli could feel some of her own excitement rising up in her and it would be rebounding over the connection to Corvus. It was sort of a new experience for her to, to be going into town with a sibling to help them get new clothes and just . . . be normal. There was no Force at play here beyond their connection, just two girls going into town for a day on the town.

'Tell me something Corvus, something about your days at the academy, a story maybe?' she thought as the cab made it's way to the stopping point in front of a large boutique and clothing store in the fashion district of Coronet. Taeli took her sister by the hand and led her into the huge store, hoping Corvus wouldn't be a little overwhelemed by all the selection. Taeli almost giggled to herself as she realized she was going to be making Corvus a little popular here.

Corvus wasn't sure if not recognising herself was a good or a bad thing. A few weeks ago she’s visited the mall nearby and failed to gain any pleasure from her experience. In fact she was more bothered about missing a Youngling’s lesson on the Code and the importance of avoiding overconfidence.

She knew Taeli wasn't planning anything sinister, but when you’ve worn the same robes for fifteen years - it was always going to be an odd experience. But whereas last time she was dreading the experience if she was honest, this time she was hyper-excited. It was like being transported back in time. Going to buy new shoes with her mother. As the memory flooded back, she pushed it to the forefront of her mind - to share it with Taeli.

‘Our mother was so special. So kind. I wish you…I wish we had spent time with her. I have few memories but I will gladly share them with you.' And so fragments of the shopping trip flashed though her mind - ending up with Corvus being the proud owner of bright red patent leather sandals.

‘Probably not in fashion now though, eh?’ She shared with humour.

And then Taeli asked a question of her. ‘I have so many. Every day is wonderful. Learning, teaching, all special. The most memorable? Maybe when Balaya came - but that is for another day.’ She pushed the thought out of her mind. ‘Oh, I know one. As you have guessed, I don’t do emotions - or rather I block them out. So I don’t understand when boys hit on me. They think I’m being cruel when I don’t even know what they're doing. Anyway, I hadn’t long been made a Knight. My first ever group training lesson and it was Telekinesis. And two students turn up. One thinks he’s the second coming of Anakin and the other has this crush on me apparently. The boy that liked me - goodness I haven’t seen him in ages - well he got upset because I wasn’t paying him enough attention and the other Knight threatens to decapitate him. And the boy that liked me he loses control and every piece of furniture in the room is exploded into matchsticks. My first ever lesson. And every word of that is true. Johnny Diamonds his name was. I liked him - but not in that way, you know.’

‘Do you have much…er…success with boys?’ She was oblivious to her surroundings as she retold her story but now she looked around. She thought her choice would be simple. Like choosing new robes. Size, colour and material. The options here were…infinite. And scary.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli was almost reveling in the memories Corvus showed of their mother, even if those red sandals were completely outdated in modern terms of fashion.

'I wish I had known her too, but I've got you and Melori once she's awake and healed up, and once that pesky vendetta against you is removed,' Taeli thought shifting through certain dresses, liking some but disliking others. As her sister explained her first ever lesson, and her boy troubles, Taeli could stop a snort of laughter from escaping her nose, gaining some weird looks from other shoppers.

'Sorry, that's sort of funny. My first lesson with my apprentice didn't go nearly as poorly, although our first meeting wasn't the most pleasant. I was secretly on Ossus, trying to find some history of the time during the Sith-Imperial War era when we encountered each other in some abandoned ruins in the north east I believe. We sorta had a fight, but she saw my point of view once we actually sat down and talked. Sorry for depriving the Jedi of a Padawan, by the way, but she was a bit ambitious to begin with and would have left the Jedi eventually. As for boys . . . well . . .'

She did feel a little bad taking Sophie away from the Jedi, but she had had the choice she gave everyone to just walk away. At least her apprentice was growing into a fine young woman, one that took after Taeli more than her other more destructive colleagues.

Unbidden, but welcome, memories of Ice flashed through her mind. She hadn't seen him in a while, the war and her duties having called her away more than she would have liked. Smiling to herself at the thought, she knew she would be bleeding her happiness over to Corvus. Picking up a light blue dress that was made of a soft material and had a sort of flare at the bottom, she handed it to Corvus. She quickly grabbed another dress, purple this time, and draped it over her own arm.

'Let's see, what else . . . Oh! How about this one?' she thought, holding a shimmering green dress.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus wished they’d been able to spend time together as one big family - but accepted such thoughts were likely to be destructive in the long term. Better to accept what they had now and in the future. She watched Taeli sift through dresses with considered ease.

‘You were on Ossus? Sophie? Yes, it was Sophie wasn't it? I liked Sophie. Her Master left unexpectedly. I had promised the GrandMaster I wouldn’t take any more Padawans and…well that was then.’

Corvus caught flashing images of someone but was too distracted by the choice of dresses to take too much notice. Blue, green, purple. For someone that had worn shared of brown for the past fifteen years, it was all a bit demonstrative.

‘But they’re very…bold. People will look at me.’ She could feel her face growing warmer. ‘Tell me to shut up and stop being so boring. I’ll try them on.’

So one at a time Corvus tried each dress on and paraded for her sister. By the third she was in a giggling fit. “Tell me seriously, how did I look?”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Phoebe+Tonkin+Dresses+Skirts+Cocktail+Dress+m7SlpFGDZrpl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.stylebistro.com/bg/Phoebe+Tonkin+Dresses+Skirts+Cocktail+Dress+m7SlpFGDZrpl.jpg

'Shut up, you're being too boring,' Taeli joked, humor coloring the connection as she handed the dresses for Corvus to try on. She thought they would look amazing on her sister, even if she was uncomfortable getting looked at or drawing attention it seemed. It was time for a fashion show at least, and guiding her sister by the shoulders to the dressing rooms, she asked a clerk to take her in.

As her sister tried on the dresses, starting with the blue and purple ones, it seemed she was loosening up greatly so by the time she asked her question, they were both in a giggling fit.

"You look great Corvus, the green certainly makes your eyes pop a bit," Taeli said with a smile, giggling behind her hand. "Then again, you looked great in all of them."

Taeli was currently holding another purple shade dress, but this one was a light lilac and was more for herself than for Corvus to try on. She had thought it looked nice, and if anything, she sort of considered it would reflect the lighter sides of her personality, the side of her that was curious what it might be like to be a Jedi. It was something she wouldn't bring up though, and she wasn't sure if Corvus could feel it through the connection, but she was curious all the same. She was still loyal to the Sith though, but right now . . . she was just going to go try on her dress.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus laughed and then asked, “What does 'eyes pop a bit' mean?” It was not a phrase she’d ever heard at the Jedi Academy.

“I know you’re not just being kind, and even though they feel..odd, I want to buy them all." She had no idea of their price and it mattered nothing to her. The purchase was as much about Taeli’s approval as it was Corvus’.

“Now it’s your turn, try that one on…please. And. And if you like it, please let me buy it for you.” She looked at the ground. “I’ve never bought anyone anything, not ever in my life. Never had the money and never had anyone to buy for.” And then she smiled. “I should buy something for Kana. She’s blonde and although I couldn’t choose a dress for her, maybe something like an accessory. I mean, what sort of accessories are there? She tends to wear jump-suits.” Corvus had no idea if this information was helpful or not, but she offered it anyway. She was literally giddy with excitement now.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

From within the changing room, Taeli responded to the first question.

"Make your eyes pop is an expression used to say that a certain dress or color makes them more noticeable, more pronounced," she called from behind the door. "I think it works wonders for you, our eyes we inherited from our mother are probably our most unique feature and they should stand out from time to time. Make up does wonders for that too, some carefully applied eye shadow . . . you'll get the idea eventually."

Opening the fitting room door, she walked out in the dress and did a twirl to show off the dress completely.

58c40f2527266a4877b1ae05956897d8.jpg

"So what do you think?" Taeli asked with a large smile as she waited for her sister's reaction while also saying, "And of course, I'll buy the dresses for you," laughing at the eagerness on Corvus's face. "I'm your sister, we're supposed to do stuff like this together. If you want to buy me the dress, sure!" She smiled at Corvus, glad that she was at least enjoying their little time here shopping. "Now, for your friend . . . jumpsuits huh . . . an accessory . . . you wouldn't go wrong with a nice belt or bracelet since it wouldn't impede the wearer at all. Follow me!"

Taking her sister by the hand, Taeli made her way over to where the belts were hanging from racks and the jewelry counter for the store right behind them.

"If you want I can pitch in some money if you want to buy her both things," sh said smiling. "Or would you rather pick them out yourself and pay for them?"

Corvus listened. ‘Eye shadow? Really?’ She’d seen how some Jedi wore regular clothes and make-up and until recently didn't take much notice. But lately she’d started to be aware of the difference between herself and them. She was no longer a girl but a woman and the transition hadn't gone smoothly. But she’d made more progress in the past few hours that the last few months. There was that irony again.

Corvus felt distinctly odd in a dress but her sister looked beautiful. Her broad smile said as much. “On you it looks wonderful. Maybe it ’s a confidence thing? I want to wear them - I just need to find a time to wear them.” And she followed her sister around the store until they got to where the belts and bracelets were. “Uh, could you choose for me. I’m not really sure what to pick. No, no, I’ll do it. I trust you but I need to do something myself. I’d rather get it wrong and it be my choice than right and it was your choice. Does that make any sense?”

So she chose a belt that matched the colour of Kana’s lightsaber beam and a bangle that had a similar design to the hilt. “They’re very…Jedi in inspiration but they feel right to me. And I’ll buy your dress, these and two of my dresses and you can buy me the dress you liked most. Deal?”

Corvus took the clothes to the check-out. Seeing a sign behind the counter, Corvus asked, “Can I have the accessories gift-wrapped please? They’re a gift. And this dress too.” She pointed at the one for Taeli. She turned to face her sister. “I know, I know but it means something to me, OK?”

“So, where to next?” Suddenly all thoughts of the Academy were forgotten, she just wanted to continue the adventure.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"That's okay, I understand," Taeli said, smiling at her sister as they made their way to check out. "You want it to be special for your friend, I guess that shows how much they've been an impact on your life. Through thick and thin huh?" She was a little jealous of her sister for having such a close friend, something a Sith couldn't afford to have unless she wanted to get stabbed in the back by her 'friend.' Still, it would seem like maybe she would have something like that with Corvus, even thought they were sisters.

"But, lunch is on me okay? I don't want you paying for everything sheesh," she said aloud, jokingly at Corvus's excitement and insistance.

Handing the dress over and watching her sister pay for the dresses, Taeli paid for the green dress that Corvus had tried on last as it had worked the best for her. Deciding lunch would be good, and give them a chance to talk about everything they wanted to chat about, Taeli led the way to the most expensive bistro in this section of Coronet and was led to a table by a waiter who was looking over both girls. Not paying attention to his once over of her, Taeli merely asked for menus for them both and if they had any iced black tea.

"It's an addiction," she said coyly to her sister as the tea was delivered. "When I was at the University of Lorrd, I was known for always having a cup of tea with me. Some boys and girls thought I was weird for drinking alcohol or anything else, but I love my tea. Especially black tea, but it can't have any sweeteners in it. That's just blech . . . and I'm rambling aren't I?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus was delighted to have her purchases and carried the shopping bags like some badge of honour. "Kana is like a sister to me. I used to say she was the sister I never had. Funny that. I am without a personal life yet I have the best friend in the world. That makes no sense - but I'm lucky to have two people in my life now. And one day, maybe three."

"And yes, you can sort lunch out, thanks." As Taeli ordered, Corvus asked for the same. She was oblivious of the waiter's attention. "I once had tea on Nar Shaddaa with Romeo Sin. He used to call himself the Shadow King or something. I chased him for some high jinks he'd done and we needed up drinking tea. Funny that, I like tea too. And rhyshcate. You won't know about that, or do you. Before we go, we'll have to get you some. I love it and always have some on my ship. That and Corellian Whiskey. They remind me of this place." She had a wistful look in her eyes.

Looking across the table, she asked, "What did you study at University?"

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"I had the pleasure of fighting Romeo Sin on Coruscant once, he was rather annoying in my opinion," Taeli laughed, glad that she and her sister shared a love for tea. "You'll have to show me whatever rhyshcate is, as for the whiskey, I suppose since I'm now a Corellian I should own a few bottles, even if I won't drink them myself."

When she was asked what she studied at the University of Lorrd, Taeli's smile grew wider and her face took on a more innocent look as she started rambling.

"Oh, I studied everything I could get my hands, mainly history and politics because that's what my father taught. I was always fascinated with the Old Republic era, so much history was there! I think I received an award for having read my way through the school's library, I just have a voreacious appetite for books. And it didn't matter what type it was, I read EVRYTHING. Only thing that could drag me out of the library or a research lab was fencing club though, I loved fencing and was very good at it. Took our team to the Kanz Sector Championship, once or twice, even beat a Mandalorian fencer on the other team before. Sorry I'm gushing, but if there is one thing I love it's knowledge and Lorrd was full of it."

"What was a fun adventure you had?" she asked, taking a breath before doing so.

Corvus smiled at the description of Romeo Sin. “Annoying, yes that’s exactly how I’d sum him up. Almost endearing but not quite. Said the only reason he didn’t ‘bed’ me was that he’d lose me as a friend.” She couldn’t help snorting as the words left her lips and she gave an apologetic look to the people on the next table. “I said he was misguided on both counts.”

“And rhyshcate? There is even a toast that goes with its eating. The first person says, ’We share this ryshcate in the same way we share our celebration of life.’ And everyone else says, ‘To the celebration of life.’” It’s a sweet, brown cake. You can buy it all over but it never tastes the same unless you get it from here. It reminds me of home. My one indulgence is that I have it shipped to Ossus. I use it to mark special occasions and to remember the homeworld. It actually contains the finest quality Corellian whiskey, and vweilu nuts.”

Taeli’s love of history excited Corvus, as she had studied Jedi and Sith Lore since she was four. And she was always teased for it. So it was great to hear someone else with a thirst for knowledge and the fact it was her sister was just awesome.

“Fun?” The question caught Corvus flat-footed. In fact the term poleaxed her. Fun to her was studying or teaching. Missions were a necessity but rarely fun. “I…er…I…” She thought it through again. And try as she might, none of her excursions off Ossus could be considered fun. She’d had the odd moment but that was about it. “The most fun I ever had was onboard Master Alince’s ship. She’s an expert on the Rusaan Wars and we talked and talked. Everyone else on board thought we were mad. They teased me - in a nice way - but it was great to speak to someone that knew what I knew. That could share their view on something I’ve only ever had my perspective of.”

“Do you have fun as a Sith? I can’t shake the stereotype from my head and I only have the history books and invasions to base my opinions on.” She stared into Taeli’s eyes - eager to learn all she could and shake the prejudices loose.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Uh, well I guess it depends on what you mean by 'fun'," Taeli laughed, happy to see that her sister was a fellow history lover. "Fun for me is going on some adventure into some ruin or tomb and exploring it . . . or sitting down with a good book or scroll and reading through it. I'm rather a quiet and hidden Sith, if not helping on the battlefield or doing business for the company I run. I don't like drawing attention to myself as that's how one gets herself made into a target. And while I'm a very outgoing person once you get to know me, I'm not a huge fan of those silly huge parties that dignitaries like to host. Too much alcohol and not enough common sense goes around those things."

"Oh! I know something I found a little fun!" she said excitedly, fishing around inside her satchel and pulling out her lightsaber. "It was designing this, see I was going through old records from the Empire, and I mean really old ones that were buried deep in Coruscant's data system when I stumbled across this design for a lightsaber from the old Inquisitors. Basically it's a one handed saber staff, with that half circle hand guard so it's more like a rapier, but the best part is if you twist the handle a certain way, a second half to the hand guard slides out and the blade emitters can spin around the now circle hand guard. I built that just before I was made into a Knight, took a while but it was very rewarding and fun for me to do something with my own hands."

Putting the lightsaber back in her satchel, she signaled over the waiter and ordered a large glass of Bastion Black Tea along with a couple of slider sandwiches.

"What do you want to eat?" she asked, both Taeli and the waiter looking at Corvus.

Corvus listened. “Visiting a tomb does sound like fun - but I’m usually too busy. Missions take priority and if not, I’m teaching. So I’m on Ossus most of the time. I study when I can and I’m trying to build my own holocron. I used some of Darth Bane’s notes and I have access to the Great Holocron and Tionne’s Holocron, which helps. And the Librarian has agreed to act as the gate-keeper for me. It’s a sort of Padawan field holocron. Basic stuff if they need help.”

“And the last party I attended was to celebrate Strath Brati’s fourth birthday. He was in my pre-school kindergarten class. It was the day before I was invited to join the Jedi. ” She laughed softly. “But I’ve learned to metabolise alcohol. Never get drunk. I only drink the Whiskey to remind me of home.”

She marvelled at the workmanship of the saber and made a note to ask to see it again later. And the subject had reminded her of a fun time - but food came first. Corvus always ordered the same meal - salad and water. It never varied, even on her ship. In fact other than ration bars, she rarely ate anything else. “I’ll have what you’re having,” she gushed, before she could change her mind. “If that’s OK.” She remembered when she was little and the twins would try to copy her and how annoying she found it. As soon as the waiter left, she told her story.

“I have a shoto, long story and it starts with Balaya, but that’s not important. I needed one and decided to use Obi-Wan’s design - the one he gave to Luke and was passed down to the New Jedi Order. It matches my saber. So…” She blushed, as if she were going to reveal some terrible secret. “I went on a kind of homage. I traced the path Obi-Wan travelled when he brought the baby to Anchorhead. Visited the same bar, travelled by eopie to the shop where he saw the map with the mesa named Ben where he took his new name from. Master Rekali was there, she surprised me. She has Obi-Wan's original saber you know. Anyway, she showed me the cave Luke used to craft his first saber, so I created my shoto there. And then I helped some Tuskens and also ran into an old acquaintance and killed a Krayt Dragon. I still have the pearl. Now that was fun!” She was almost breathless at the end of the telling.

"What sort of training will Melori get?" Her voice was more sombre now. It was clear she didn't want to know but rather needed to.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Hearing her sister's stories made Taeli smile, even if just a bit sad because she hadn't been to a party since before she joined the Jedi. While she might not enjoy such social gatherings, she did love getting the chance to dress even more elegantly than she usually did. Still, she mused, she was highly curious where Balaya came into all of this, but Corvus didn't want to say. How interesting, it probably involved the Zeltron being her usual self in this case.

That was when the rather sombre question about Melori came up.

"Since I intend to train her personally, and not let others get their claws into her, I'll try and teach her to temper that hatred and raw emotions. Harness it so to speak, so she controls it but it doesn't control her. Basic techniques that both sides use for now, but I will probably have to start teaching her other things eventually, like Lightning. I promise you though Corvus, I'll make sure she remains our sister and joins my way of thinking in the Sith. I don't want her tearing off to slaughter innocents anymore than you do."

"I'll probably teach her some of my alchemy and magic, if she has the aptitude for it," she continued, sighing a little. "And of course, she will be getting history lessons and theological lessons. If it would set your mind at ease, I could also teach her some other things too, but I don't know many Jedi techniques, as much as I want to learn them."

She mumbled the last part, so quietly that she wasn't sure if her sister would hear, but they were interrupted by the arrival of their sandwiches and tea.

"Dig in," she said, her sombre expression changing to happy again as she grabbed a small sandwich and bit into it.

Corvus stared out of the window at the city she called home but knew hardly at all. But she was distracted by her sister’s description of Melori’s training. She was relieved that - at least initially - Taeli would instruct her.

It was much like Padawans. Corvus was protective of them and would trust their tutelage to few other Knights or Masters. This was in part a weakness she knew, but she wanted them to be the best Jedi they could - and she did whatever she could to help them be just that. And in a funny way, Melori being the best Sith she could be was likely to be the best chance of her staying alive. “We get Padawans full of emotion too and I look to temper them. For a different reason but it’s odd how we’re similar in that regard.”

As the sandwiched arrived, Corvus picked one up absent-mindedly and started to eat.

“But otherwise it sounds oddly familiar and I hope that she can be like you or at least one other Sith I met. He was different to the norm in my experience. We crash landed on a planet together. Avreet his name was. He was different alright. I got him drunk!” She laughed at the memory. “On Corellian Whiskey of all things. It’s a long story but we made it out of the desert and in this city where they put us up until our ships were repaired. He passed out in my hotel room.” She suddenly blushed. “Nothing like that…we just chatted and drank and the next minute…” She mimed falling asleep and smiled again.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Ah yes, I'm well aware of our favorite Mon Cal Sith," Taeli said, smiling at her sister's antics. "I met him myself recently, even exchanged some lessons on different Force abilities we knew that the other didn't. I consider him a friend and ally, very honorable though. Almost to a fault, and I think he has a thing for me."

She giggled at the last as she took a sip of tea.

"I'll be perfectly honest with you, my long long long term goal is to try and change the Sith to be more like Avreet and myself. I don't like barbarism or slavery, torture I view as unnecessary. Hearts and minds are everything, and ruling through fear doesn't exactly get those on your side. I'm determined to teach Melori that, to show her Sith don't have to be monsters to be powerful. I'll train her for as long as I can, and make sure Vitium or Vornskr can't get their claws into her. I won't let them twist her into something like them . . . something utterly broken and sadistic."

"How many Padawans have you trained?" she asked curiously. "I've got so many students right now, I don't know what to do with them all sometimes. I guess I just gravitate towards teaching people, something else we have in common I see."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom