Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll make it through

'You’re not alone
Together we stand
I’ll be by your side, you know I’ll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There’s no place to go
You know I won’t give in.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gcrx2Ab0FM

'No I won’t give in.'

Corvus docked at the hangar bay. The impatience of before had changed – in fact it had done a full 180-degree turn. Now she was walking slowly, doing her best to reconcile what the words told her, what her heart told her and what the Force was insisting she listened to despite her trying to ignore it.

There were, she reasoned, lots of explanations. The Force might not be involved at all. It might have been simple accident. But the blood marks on the wall that she saw as she left the house were now fresh in her mind. Something terrible happened and her sister was involved.

The old Corvus, the one that refused to accept emotions and was only a Jedi would have made up her mind in an instant. The Code was entirely clear on this matter. There was a reason attachments were forbidden. They clouded judgement and emotions were not to be listened to in making decisions.

But could she simply close the door on another sister? Having come so far, would her head or her heart rule the day. The truth was, she didn’t know.

She was aware that the taxi had been stationary a while and looked up to realise she was outside her parent’s house. And the driver was insisting she either exited the cab or gave her a new destination. Timidly she opened the door, wishing to make as little noise as possible. Waiting for the taxi to pull away before walking up the path, she quite literally had to force herself to take one step after another. She closed her mind to her usual Force senses. If there was a signature there, she didn’t want to find it – afraid of what she might see.

Finally she reached the door and pushed it open – it was unlocked. Taking a huge breath she then exhaled and took a few steps into the hallway. “Uh, hello…” Her abilities to start a conversation with her sister hadn't improved any.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli had been fretting for some time while she waited for her sister to arrive. She just . . . she didn't know what to expect and she had come to the realization. Her sister had been inside her family's house, she would have seen the devastation . . . the . . . blood on the wall. She was afraid of what she might think as she was certain it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume she had done something horrible.

She hadn't shut herself down in the Force, she couldn't right now even if she wanted to. Her nervousness at being rejected simply for what she had become was fraying her nerves too much. Even if her sister was a Jedi, she wouldn't reject her.

"Uh hello..." the voice from the phone called, almost timidly, but it startled Taeli and made her dash for the hallway to see her sister. First thing she noticed were the bright purple eyes framed by dark hair, browner than hers by far, but she could see the resemblance. Pale skin, like hers, and she noted the Jedi robes. She was still clad in a simple blue dress, one that didn't reveal she was Sith off the bat, but she knew she would be showing darkness in her aura.

"Uh hi there. . ." she responded just as timidly, taking a step closer almost as if asking permission to hug her sister. "I'm Taeli and you must be Corvus, right?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Deep breaths. Corvus focused on deep breaths.

The funny thing is, you have an idea what someone will look like and when you see them, your mind plays tricks on you. You convince yourself that was what you expected. Except this time there was no trick. If you placed a photo of Corvus, their mother and Taeli together, the likeness was obvious.

The woman stood in front of her in a simple but elegant blue dress, a contrast her own functional robes. But then she had no other clothes to wear even if she’d wanted to. And it seemed he ability to start a conversation was hereditary. However the limited options for responses should have been expected.

Despite what Corvus suspected, this was far more cordial meeting than the last time she’d met a sister she didn’t know existed. And Corvus suddenly felt very ashamed and her face grew hotter and hotter. There were natural feelings welling up in her that she didn’t recognise or understand what to do with. Since she’d left home she’d been hugged precisely three times. And each of those had been in the last few months. Her Master, her best friend and an enthusiastic Padawan (that she suspected was put up to it).

“Corvus…yes…” Tears welled up and she simply didn’t know what to do. In the end she almost literally threw herself at her sister – and it was a wonder she didn’t knock her off her feet. Fifteen years of pent up love and sorrow were unleashed on her unsuspecting siibling. And she clung to her as if she was never going to let her go. “I’m so, so sorry…so sorry…it’s all my fault.”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Taeli watched her sister take in her appearance, and was a little surprised to see her face reddening. Weren't Jedi supposed to be able to keep their emotions . . . she never finished that thought as Corvus almost launched herself at her and hugged her tightly. The outpouring of emotions was mixing with Taeli's and she couldn't stop tears from falling along with her sisters.

Hearing her sister almost sob that something was her fault, she wondered what that could possibly mean. Had something she done led to their family's deaths or was it something else?

"What's your fault?" she asked quietly, clutching to her sister in the hug.

Oddly Corvus felt like the visitor here. This was her childhood home but the fact that it was as much Taeli’s as hers and she hadn’t been here for fifteen years plus she was the one coming through the door – it all conspired to make her feel out of place.

They might have been tears of joy or sobs of despair. Corvus’ understanding of her emotions were a little wobbly and so she simply allowed them to flow until they subsided naturally. She’d probably made a mess of her sister’s dress too.

She couldn’t blame Taeli for asking the question. It was natural – she was the one that raised the subject. But it didn’t make the telling any easier. So she was relieved her sister hadn’t relinquished her hold – as she wouldn’t have to look her in the eye – as she had Melori.

She sucked in a lungful of air and through stuttering words at first, told the story. “I…left…home…when…I was…four, to go to…the Academy here on Corellia. I…” now the silence was deliberate, “I never came back. I just stayed away. I never spoke to them, ever.” There was a lot more to be revealed but she skipped some terrible facts and moved to the recent past. "I planned to come and see them recently. I even told some people at the space-port what I was doing. But I got side-tracked and didn’t make it home. But a bounty hunter heard and with the new One Sith bounties, saw an opportunity to make a lot of money.” Corvus had forgotten this fact until now and wondered that, if her suspicions were true, how Taeli might feel about the circumstances. “But my, I mean our brother Albus tried to disarm him and the bounty hunter killed them all. Well not all, our youngest sister Melori is still alive.”

Now Corvus pushed them apart but kept her hands on her sister’s arms. Looking her in the eye she asked the question she had to – but feared the answer more than anything in the world. “Can you forgive me?”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli blanked as Corvus explained what she meant by being sorry, and she could feel a hollowness growing inside. She had opposed, privately, the bounties being extended towards a Jedi's family or an officer's family. She had thought it completely unnecessary, just like other more violent and sadistic acts her colleagues did.

Looking into her sister's eyes, she couldn't blame her for that. She had been four when she left, she hadn't formed a full connection with their biological family. She might be heartbroken that they had been killed before she could meet the others, but she couldn't blame Corvus for that at all. If anything, the current leadership of the Sith was more to blame and that just made her more determined than ever to reach one of those positions to try and influence policies.

"I forgive you, Corvus," Taeli whispered, a soft smile on her lips as she hugged her again. "I would never hold that against you, you had no way to control or deal with that."

Now, she had to confess and not put it off . . . she just was terrified of Corvus judging her for what she was about to say.

"And can you forgive me for not fighting harder against my superiors to stop those bounties?" she asked, knowing full well what she just said would confirm she was a Sith. "I was just a Knight, I didn't have a loud enough voice to stop anything then . . . I'm so sorry . . ."

More tears fell from her eyes as she waited for Corvus's reply.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus’ entire life had been a paradox. Being a Jedi and a person. Being a good Jedi and upholding the values without being judgemental. And now loving the one thing she was supposed to hate.

She could rationalise it of course – despite those Jedi who would look to shout her down. There was nothing – absolutely nothing – in the Code about the Sith. Or the Dark-side. Only that she was to serve and behave in a certain way. In fact judging others and setting yourself as a moral authority was forbidden by the Code.

So why did she feel so conflicted. “I suspected as much,” she said finally when Taeli confirmed her thoughts. “Your fear that I’d judge you, the situation with your parents on Lorrd. It all added up but I refused to do the maths. I’ve even suppressed my second nature to view your Force aura. Just like…” The words evaporated temporarily.

“And I could apologise for the Republic’s willingness to post bounties too. I suspect many innocents die at the hand of unscrupulous bounty hunters every day in the name of commerce.” She stepped back again and held her sister’s gaze. “I appreciate your forgiveness, more than you’ll ever know. You see, I don’t forgive myself. They didn’t deserve someone like me and I had them killed as sure as I pulled the trigger.” The tears flowed again, it was the time for full disclosure.

“When I was 13 my Master died near here. Killed by a Sith Lord masquerading as a Jedi. I didn’t know how to cope. I ran away. Except…except everyone thought I was dead too. My, our family had a funeral service for me. A year later I turned up on Ossus and they received word somehow. I never even thought of the pain I put them through. They were delighted I was alive but I didn’t even send them a message.”

“And when they died, Melori, she’s the youngest, contacted me. She had a new grave built for me and tried to kill me when I came home. I’m just sad she failed. She doesn’t deserve me, they didn’t deserve me and you don’t deserve me. Whatever you think of yourself, I’m the monster here. I can never be loved because…you see…I don’t love myself.”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"No! Don't you dare think that!" Taeli said, holding her new sister's gaze. "We all make mistakes, we all cause pain in some way or another. You're as much a monster as I am, and I'm an extreme moderate in the Sith."

Taking a shaky breath, she thought maybe telling Corvus what happened, why she joined the Sith and why she lost control with her parents, might help her. She was carrying a ton of guilt, and while a small voice in the back of her head was saying capitalize on that and turn Corvus along a dark path, she was fighting that part of her. There was turning someone through debate, and then there was taking advantage of someone she had just met and found to be family.

"The day I was supposed to leave Lorrd . . . a group of boys attacked me, tried to violate me and possibly kill me after," she explained in a shaky breath. "The anger, the hate, the despair, the fear . . . I just lost control and next thing I knew they were dead . . . That was how Darth Praelior found me, curled up in a ball and afraid of the power within me. I wanted to control that power, to never be the victim again . . ."

"I've never killed innocents, I've never tortured anyone, I've only killed fighting in this war between the Sith and Republic, as many Sith and Jedi have . . . My parents . . . that situation . . . I lost control again. They disowned me, they hated me, and they wouldn't let me explain why I was a Sith or how I was different from the stereotype . . . I tried so hard, and then they lied to me, refused to give me any information on your, I mean, our family. . ."

Pulling her sister close again, the tears falling again, she whispered, "I may have just met you, but I already love you and forgive you for any role in their deaths."

Pulling back a little, she added, "You should know . . . I rescued Melori, I didn't even know who she was but I found a shipwreck on Prakith after the battle and found her. I had her moved to a medical facility to recover. . . she's safe for now."

Corvus wasn’t sure if being compared with a Sith was supposed to make her feel better or worse! But finding humour in the situation meant she was at least leaving the state of despair. She took some more deep breaths. If there was one things she was learning it was that being a Jedi and a person was proving tiring. She wanted to just go back to being a Jedi - but later - not now, not with Taeli here.

So she listened to her sister’s story. Knowing who recruited her to the Sith sent a shiver down Corvus’ spine. This was someone she had history with and none of it was pleasant. And what had happened to her sister was awful. Corvus used to complain because boys tried to hit on her and yet, here she was, listening to her sister’s recollections of such a terrible experience. And hearing it for the first time made it feel so current to her.

Hearing her speak, it was like her time with Avreet, where they’d been shipwrecked together. He’d spoken in similar tones and she found it hard to reconcile the person she saw and the philosophies she heard with the atrocities associated with the Sith.

News of Melori shook her from her stupor. “She’s OK, she’s alive?” I mean, she’ll recover?” Corvus was hit by a wave of contrasting emotions. The thought that she wasn’t dead was positive but that she might be left at the hands of Balaya scared her. Especially if she knew who she really was.

“I…I…I don’t know how to say this without it coming out wrong. I want, no I need you to protect her. Would I have her back here? Yes, in a heartbeat. But I’ve seen her aura. She couldn’t use my saber. I know what she is. I might beat myself up and tell myself I can redeem her but I just don’t know.” She turned away and started to pace the room now.

“I need to know she’ll be OK, that…certain people don’t know who she is. She’s young and angry and what she thinks might help her out, might get her killed. Used as bait. Well, you know. Please, please promise me you’ll watch out for her.” She looked Taeli in the eyes again.

“It feels wrong asking this, given who we both are, but…deep down, we both know why. She’s our sister. Our flesh and blood. She’s more important than anything else.” And there it was. The aspect of the Code she’d lectured more fellow Jedi on than any other. Attachments and the weakness they brought with them. And yet, here she was. Entrusting her younger sister to a Sith for safe-keeping, full in the knowledge that she’d be brought up to use the Dark-side of the Force.

But, despite her misgivings, it was like a weight had been lifted. She smiled again. “You must have questions. Do you want to visit the graves? Just…I’m not so good with their recent history as you know.” She looked shameful again.

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"I'll protect her, Corvus," Taeli promised, smiling at her sister. "I might be a Sith Lady, but I recognize that I . . . we can't let her fall into other hands, such as Kaine or even Balaya. I'll make sure our sister is well-cared for, even train her myself so she's more of a moderate Sith who doesn't discount the light side as an avenue for knowledge. I'll see what I can do about tempering that hatred and anger towards you down as well. If there is one thing I'm learning from this whole experience is that family goes above and beyond some code or rules. I don't want to see us fighting each other, I . . . I don't want to lose anymore family to . . . anything."

A rush of questions filled her mind, but she figured perhaps asking them to Melori when she informed her of their connection would be best, she might get a clearer picture of her biological parents then.

"I . . . I would like to pay my respects to them . . . yes," she whispered as Corvus mentioned taking her to see their graves. A single tear fell from her cheek as she thought about it. She really needed to get these emotions back under her control, but for now she would let them all be felt. She wondered if her sister was tired of them though. She was a Jedi after all, and they preached serenity was best, but . . . kark it, she wanted her sister, not a Jedi sister. She didn't even care if Corvus joined the Sith sometime later or not, she just wanted her sister to be human. Someone she could talk to at any time, to actually bond with. She was afraid that once they parted ways, Corvus might retreat into her Jedi shell to escape from the emotions and attachments knowing her sisters were currently in the Sith.

It would make it easier to deal with, yes true, but then it could . . . do so much more damage and heartache.

"Can you . . . show the way?" she whispered.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus listened and nodded. She didn’t share Taeli’s optimism about moderating Melori’s attitude towards her - especially if she was trained as a Sith, but her wellbeing was more important.

And she was relieved about who Taeli had chosen not to expose her to. And she used the family word again. It felt so…good. Sister. Family. What had she been missing out on for all these years? Maybe, just maybe she could become a Jedi and a person. And how ironic if it were a Sith that taught her this. Except she didn't think of Taeli as a Sith. She was simply her big sister.

And then she asked about the graves. On one hand it would be fine but she’d also see Corvus’ grave. Actually it was more the fact that she’d see her own grave that bothered her. But that was a small price to pay. Corvus nodded and led them upstairs. She pointed at her father’s study. "I drew that painting on the wall when I was four. Take a look around, I need to freshen up."

Corvus washed her face and felt better for it. Her eyes were red and bleary, but as they were going to a cemetery, it wouldn’t look too out of place. Finally she was ready and they hailed a cab to where the graves were. It was busier than last time, there appeared to be two burials. This suited Corvus. Being alone would have felt too much like last time. She felt the tears welling up but pushed them back.

“They’re over here.” She led them to a section of land set aside for the Raaf family. The headstones were simple and elegant. Corvus stood slightly at the side, trying to mask the one with her own name on it - her back to it. There were no more words…

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

During her time waiting for Corvus to arrive, Taeli hadn't been able to stop herself from memorizing every single inch of the house. It seemed . . . so much different than how her parents lived. There had been more . . . love here, but then that should be expected given the mother that raised was a Mandalorian, love and kindness didn't go hand in hand with that culture. Family and loyalty, yes, love was secondary and she had thought she had her mother's and father's love.

While Corvus freshened up, Taeli didn't do the same. She had a feeling more tears would be coming once they reached the graveyard and it would be pointless for her to wash away the evidence of crying just to go do more. Touching the picture her sister had drawn when she was four, she sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. She wanted them to be a family . . . something that could be used to support one another when times got rough, but she would need to lessen Melori's hate apparently. It would be tough, especially since she apparently blamed Corvus for their parents' deaths, but perhaps. . .

The Sith side of her brain, the one that was always plotting and planning, could sense the kernel of an idea forming. It would be one way to get Melori more moderated, more in control of herself and not blaming Corvus, but she would need to develop it further. Once her sister returned from freshening up, they took a cab to a somewhat crowded cemetery and Corvus led the way to their parents' graves.

Kneeling in the dirt in front of them, Taeli could feel more tears. She would never get to know her biological parents, or the rest of their family for that matter. Not to freak Corvus out, Taeli noticed some dying flowers nearby and took a small pin out from her pocket. Pricking her finger, she dropped a few drops of blood on the flowers and began whispering an alchemy spell.

"​Fac istis novus nentesque eos in crystallum, cum ea in re quod non auferetur amore," she whispered, the blood sinking into the flowers and starting to change them as her spell took effect. The petals regrew and seemed to shimmer like crystal now, the green parts catching the light and shining.

Placing the now crystallized flowers on their parents' graves, she allowed the sobs to escape her while her younger sister watched on.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus had taken a lot on in the past few days. Not that Taeli hadn’t - in fact her experience was probably worse. But the thing that hit home the most as she stood there was that, for as much as Taeli saw these people as both family and strangers in equal measure - so did she. Melori hadn’t been born when she’d left and the others, the twins, they were just babies really to a four year old. She had no memories - no stories to share. Nothing. Just vague recollections of their parents.

In fact, in a week’s time, Taeli would know more than Corvus did now and that made her feel…jealousy? This was a new experience for her. An emotion she’d never, ever felt in her life. And she didn’t like it at all. No, she was pleased that Melori had Taeli and vice versa. Corvus was the cold-fish and could cope with being alone, but she wanted her two sisters to be happy. To have each other. Corvus had lived the majority of her life alone.

She had one really close friend and that was it. One. Almost twenty years on this planet and that’s the sum of her relationships. But now she had family - and they were going to be taken away from her. In her heart she know it. In her head, she knew it.

Corvus was fascinated by Taeli’s Sith magic. She’d always been a study of anything to do with the Force. And to witness it close hand was amazing. It was not something she could ever contemplate but it was amazing to watch.

Smiling at her sister, she saw her sobbing now and looked around the graveyard, feeling awkward for a moment. But that was the old Corvus. The new knelt down and held her sister as they shared their sorrow. “I’m so sorry…”

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"This war is pointless," she whispered as her sister held her. "They didn't need to die, neither side needed to post bounties on each other and their families. It's just barbaric, I do my duty yes, but . . . I want to change things. To change things between Sith and Jedi, to change things beyond just endless wars and killing between the Sith and Republic."

Looking into her sister's eyes, she chuckled a little.

"You know, I've always had a fascination with gaining every scrap of knowledge I can, no matter what alignment it is. Dark, Light, Grey, neutral, rainbow, it didn't matter. Knowledge is knowledge. But, I now realize something is more important than knowledge. Family."

Looking back at the graves and crystal flowers, she sighed and touched the headstone gently.

"I don't want you to be disconnected from us," she said, still looking at the headstone. "I don't want the pettiness of our governments and our Orders from keeping our family together. I don't want to rip any further wounds open. I don't . . . want to lose the love . . ."

She was determined, she had a new goal and a new drive. Knowledge was still her vice, and always would be, but she would use that knowledge towards furthering one thing. Keeping her family together, and not killing each other.

"I don't want any of us to be alone," Taeli whispered, so quietly that even Corvus would have trouble hearing it.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus listened. She was a Jedi. She served. It was as simple as this for the Jedi Order, they dd not question the Republic’s leadership, they defended, kept the peace and upheld justice. People died and Corvus felt each one personally. For a Jedi each person killed was a step towards the Dark-side. It needed to be rationalised and understood in order for it to be resolved in a way that allowed her to remain on the side of the Light.

And it was funny they shared a fascination with knowledge. She was about to share her own views when her sister spoke of something greater. Days ago Corvus would have scoffed at such a thought. Right now, she’d trade everything she knew to have Melori here with them right now. Even for just a minute. She nodded. “Family. I wish there was a way where we could keep together but I just don’t know. I mean neither of our groups would approve and if discovered, would be difficult to explain. Unless…”

“I need to you trust me for a moment.” Even as she said the words, Corvus knew how instead of putting Taeli at ease, they would instantly put her on edge, so she quickly continued. “When I was on Prakith, I felt Melori’s presence. And yes, I was there too.” She grimaced, but it was a fact and she couldn’t pretend otherwise.

“And that was after having met for literally a few minutes. I was wondering if we could develop…some sort of Force Bond.” She knew already what her Jedi colleagues would say about allowing a Sith into your head, but she didn’t care. “I know it takes time to fully develop but we’re sisters and I know that makes bonds stronger. So I want to…connect with you telepathically. Gently, but I know it will help to create a stronger connection. I don't know what good it will do in the future but maybe…maybe it’ll help one day.”

Corvus closed her eyes and searched for an emotion. Sadness was the overwhelming one and she followed it back to it’s root - Taeli. For Corvus the experience was like swimming upstream. Following the water against the flow, moving slowly and gently so as not to cause discomfort. Finally she reached the source of the emotion and spoke directly to Taeli using her mind.

‘Is that OK? I didn’t hurt you did I?’

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

As Corvus spoke about trying to forge a Force Bond, and more importantly asked for Taeli's trust, Taeli could feel her sadness taking root still, as much as she didn't want to be sad. The galaxy was trying to keep their family apart, their Orders showing far too much prejudice than they needed to. Taeli had always viewed the Jedi, especially Ession Jedi, as hypocrites because what they preached didn't match their actions, she could at least say the Sith were honest about what they wanted, even if that was evil.

When Corvus mentioned speaking telepathically, and how it might help one day, Taeli allowed her emotions to seep out, to allow ehr sister an easy anchor to latch onto.

'Is that OK? I didn't hurt you did I?'

The words reverberated in her head, gentle and concerned. Corvus might be a Jedi, but . . . she still retained her humanity.

'No, you didn't,' Taeli thought back, being very careful and gentle with her response. 'I . . . I just want us to be a family. I don't care what others think, even if we have to keep communications secret . . . I will do whatever I have to . . . to hold onto my family now. I don't want to be alone anymore.'

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus smiled and the warmth of the emotion would no doubt leak through their connection. This was precisely what her Jedi teacher had warned her against when he taught her the ability. On that day, he’d taught her how to defend against an attack and she’d unleashed emotions on his to defend herself. And that’s when he taught her the golden rule. The one she was now breaking on purpose.

‘And I will do whatever I can to keep us together. Tomorrow when I wake up…I might feel differently. I don’t know, this is all too new to me. I don’t do…emotions normally. But I hope not. I want to feel these feelings forever.’

‘Funny thing is, I’ve spoken to countless Jedi about being a person as well as living by the Code. But it’s taken you to help me. I guess that’s ironic. Because, and I have to be honest, I see myself as a Jedi and a person now. But I see you as my sister and a Sith. I feel…guilty but that’s what my mind is saying.’

‘But don’t get me wrong, I wouldn't change it. I mean if knowing you means accepting what you do, then I’ll gladly be proud to call you my sister. But I’m rambling now. I do that…’

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli was almost basking in the glow of her sister's smile, she could definitely get used to this sort of meld. It wasn't something she could do with her fellow Sith.

'I hope you still feel the same way tomorrow . . . and the day after that . . . and after that,' she thought. 'And it's okay Corvus, but I consider myself a person before a Sith usually. When I was in Imperial Remnant space, I intentionally left behind supplies and building materials behind to help refugees fleeing from the war. I did that because I could, not for any ulterior motive. I just . . . wanted to help . . .'

'And its okay that you're rambling . . . I'll tend to do that too . . . and I'm proud to have you as a sister Corvus . . . thank you for accepting me . . . even for being a Sith. . .'

She hugged her sister tighter, just letting the meld wash over her. For all intents and purposes right now, she seemed to be just a normal almost 23 year old woman with her sister. Right now, beyond the pain it had caused, she wasn't thinking about the war or Jedi or Sith. Just . . . family.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

(ooc - apologies for the delay in posting - blip over)

Corvus continued to smile. After her previous attempt, she would have given up on family, emotions and thoughts of happiness. Being a servant of the Galactic Republic was going to be enough. But this was so different, so satisfying, so wonderful that it gave her the belief that she could make a go of this dual-life had had evaded her to date.

Tomorrow and forever. And I don’t mean to sound so critical of the Sith - it’s just, even though I have an objective mind, I will generalise. Like people think all Jedi are the same. We’re not but I understand.’

‘So to me you’re my sister; first, foremost and only.’ It was a play on the Jedi tenets but she hoped Taeli wouldn't mind. “And if there were three of us here, well…’ she left the thoughts unsaid. Their Bond should fill in the inevitable blanks.

‘This is going to sound odd but…what do we do now? I don’t usually do socialising. Do we chat, or go for something to eat or…I don’t usually do this stuff. Actually I never do this stuff.’

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

'I'll see what I can do about bringing Melori around . . . I guess it's sort of my responsibility to make sure the family doesn't kill itself, being the eldest,' she thought, allowing some humor to color the last part. The fact Corvus didn't know what to do was actually very funny, enough so that Taeli let out a small chuckle at her sister's confusion and awkwardness. The meld would get the point across that she didn't mind at all, that she would be happy to spend time with her.

'How about we do something else your fellow Jedi might frown upon and go out shopping and go to a fancy restaurant, my treat and as a way to make up for all the birthdays I missed being . . . adopted and everything and not having contact with everyone. We can chat all along the way, talk about some of our adventures on both sides, learn more about each other. I would love to share all that stuff and more with you . . . if you want to that is. I understand you might be uncomfortable with it.'

She let her hope fill the meld, really wanting to spend as much time with Corvus as she could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom