Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome To The Machine [Incursion PvE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room #1 - Power Generator

[member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Archim Calixis"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Captain Ironbeard"] | [member="Castor Ren"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Jorah"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Mishel Zanteres"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Torian Pierce"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="vereshin"]

Once the lights went out and Pomst heard people swoon with fear. Strange occurrences began effecting everyone. Itching, hallucinating. The Sorceress withdrew two crystals from her pockets and one in each hand she thrust her arms over her head and generated a bright light through them. She cast the glowing crystals high above them all, to illuminate the room.

The Sorceress knew everyone needed to remain calm and collected, so she chanted aloud her incantation to put a halt to the different spooks which had begun effecting everyone. ‘There is nothing there. There is NOTHING there!’ mantra didn’t help all that much.

She also watched [member="Rainbone"] as the Sith had become its focus. She hoped Vereshin would play with it again, if he gets a free moment.

“Vereshin, can the droid’s bite be used in our favor, upon something mechanical here? Could you lure the dog to chase another fireball, where it might bite down and jumpstart the Generator?” She hopes nobody looks at her weird, because she is NOT a mechanic, nor does she profess to be one!

Allies Team Lightside: [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Archim Calixis"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Onyx"] | [member="Enyo Typhos"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Diamond"] | anyone I missed I'm sorry.

Rekha climbed up using the edges of the other turrets to reach the one she picked out. Fiddling around she knocked it hard with the side of her hand, "ow" yeah not her brightest move for certain. But reaching down inside she felt around and found the lever. She was really beginning to feel woozy.

BUT the blast door was open!!

And then it was dark!!!

Feth.

Rekha dropped down to the floor she looked around and everything blurred together. A soft gentle whisper caressed her ear "Mon Chaton" she heard it clear in her mind, "Mon Loup" she answered. But that wasn't possible was it?

"Kie Bay Valle?" She asked the darkness in her mind she could picture his outline in the darkness as it motioned for her to come. Slowly she moved her feet feeling like lead. All the while her mind trying to make sense of how was he here? Where had he been? Why did her head hurt?

Allies: [member="Rekha Kaarde"] ~ [member="Muad Dib"] ~ [member="Jessica Matthews"] ~ [member="Zai Avery"] @Kurayami Blooodborn @Anyone I missed
Enemies: Obviously the peeps keeping me caged [member="Onyx"] ~ [member="Diamond"] @Anyone I missed
Objective: Light it up in here

Well either I'd finally insulted these machines to the point I'd elicited a response.....or they were drawing us further in. I'd noticed that those who'd inhaled the gas had been affected while the turrets were an issue. Now that I though about it....all of this had been a game to them. I'd managed to destroy a few turrets but that hadn't been the point. Point had been to allow some of these people to actually think and not be panicked. Which based on a few peoples reactions was happening anyways....the gas. It had to be the gas the fact they'd locked us in a room, pumped gas in then set sonic turrets loose to panic and cause pain. Now the blast doors opening and utter darkness...they wanted us to go further in but what if in doing so they were leading us away from what we actually needed?

Looking back to the kid who'd had the makeshift explosives I headed over to him. Changing the holographic filter on my helm so he could see my face I said "Hey kid, you seemed pretty keen on this place coming down. We need power and to start stacking the deck in our favor." Odds were he'd had a good inhale of the gas so I pulled a hypo from my armor and handed it to him. "Look kid odds are the gas was to screw with us now. The turrets were to panic and fill us with pain so we'd panic and fight thing is you seem good with wiring and we need power but I want you to add flair to it, meaning when you restore power there should be some way to completely overload the system. The hypo is for if you start seeing nightmare shit in here, stab into your upper thigh it's got antivenom for most known hallucinogens."

Winking at the kid I re-holstered my modded pistol then headed to the console and grabbed my rifle. Clipping it to a harness point on my right shoulder. Heading over towards the blast door I noted Matthews had re-fit her helm over her face. Good, last thing we needed was another saber wielder coming at the rest of us due to some gas. Speaking of which.... I activated the hidden segment of my thigh plates on my armor. The hilt of my saber emerged and I simply called it to my left hand. I saw one of our group heading out into the darkness as if in a trance. Fierfeck'la Osik! Igniting my aqua saber in my left hand I headed over towards her while looking at the kid. "Hey Kid! Get busy we need the deck stacked and you dealing in our favor." Hopefully I'd be able to get a hypo to this lady too...

Interacting with: Kaili Talith & Gas
Approaching: Generator Path

([member="Andorreth Vikar"] // [member="Ara Zambrano"] // [member="Archim Calixis"] // [member="Aryn Teth"] // [member="Atlas Kane"] // [member="Audren Sykes"] // [member="Captain Ironbeard"] // [member="Castor Ren"] // [member="Jessica Matthews"] // [member="Jorah"] // [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] // [member="Kyrel Ren"] // [member="Mishel Zanteres"] // [member="Muad Dib"] // [member="Rekha Kaarde"] // [member="Samka Derith"] // [member="Tempest"] // [member="Tmoxin Temi"] // [member="Zai Avery"])

Allyson moved along with Kaili until suddenly she felt the embrace of the Talith woman. Protection surrounded her and she felt a ting of jealousy and helplessness knowing that Kaili was better suited to protect her and Allyson. Still, she was grateful that Kaili could do this sort of things with the Force. Her own arms wrapped around the Master Forcer. The situation for the most part seemed to be over and then voices and concerns now filled the room. Allyson kept her mouth quiet as Kaili seemed to be taking the lead.

Standing there, the young Corellian woman stood there and watched everything. Something tickled against her nose as she started to feel something begin to force its way into her airways. Allyson covered her mouth and nose to stifle a cough. She didn’t want to worry Kaili in this situation, she was still recovering from the mess she had gotten herself into when she attempted to end her life back at the hospital when she was dealing with her amnesia. At times, her memory wasn’t the best, but it was getting better daily. Besides the point, but Allyson needed to make sure that Kaili didn’t have to worry about her.

Attention was drawn to the droid dog, instantly she wanted to take it hope, but she knew in this time and place it could be an enemy. Looking towards Kaili, she felt her face showing her concern over the droid doggo. “Be careful Kaili…” She paused and coughed once more. The gas was starting to take its toll on her already compromised lungs and now not only was the gas forcing her to cough, she was now starting to smell something. There was an odd sweetness in the air and Allyson closed her eyes to try and zero in on the scent. It was something she remembered, something that held value to her life. Slowly, her eyes opened and she was no longer in the room with the generator. Kaili was no longer there and she was in her old room back on Corellia.

Blinking quickly, she looked around the room and finally pinpointed the smell that she was inhaling. It was her mother’s pie. A smile spread across her face, maybe everything that had been happening was just a dream. Allyson mentally gave herself a shake, knowing that this – what she was seeing now wasn’t real. Still, it was quite wonderful. Allyson began to move forward, searching for her mother. In reality, her body twitched and took small staggered steps forward. In her hallucination, Allyson continued to smell the sweet fruit pie, she could hear her bother playing a game in the other room, her father discussing business with one of the companies he helped engineer ships with. Each room moved in her mind as she pressed forward to find her mother. It didn’t take long, she knew the apartment they used to live in by heart – so she found her mother in the kitchen.

She smiled sweetly at Allyson. Although the apartment smelled like pie, what was being held in her mother’s hands was not a pie. Instead, it was a replica of the blaster that Allyson carried. The blaster remained in her mother’s hands as she smiled sweetly towards her daughter. “You’ve slept so long, I wondered if you ever would wake up.” Allyson tilted her head, this couldn’t be reality, why would her mother be holding a gun if this was real. Her brother and father entered the room, they too had blasters and pointed them directly at her.

“You left us.” Suddenly, Allyson too had a blaster in her hand. She looked down at it and then back up towards her family who had raised the blasters upon themselves. In a flash, the sound of their bodies falling limp to the ground echoed in Allyson’s mind and the apartment was up in flames like how she had only imagined it when Corellia was ripped apart and destroyed by the Vong. The words of her parents and brother echoing.

‘You belong with us, join us, come home Allyson…’

The real Allyson, the one that stood outside of this hallucination, held the blaster she kept at her side made its way into her hand and the barrel pressed hard against the bottom of her chin. She stood there with the safety unlatched while her mind stewed in the hallucination.

TL;DR
  • Allyson reacted to bubble
  • Allyson saw the doggo
  • Dat Gas tho
  • Stuck in a Hallucination

SORRY IF I MISSED SOMETHING JUST POKE ME ON DISCORD M8s

[member="Allyson Locke"] // [member="Diamond"] // [member="Onyx"] // [member="Rekha Kaarde"]​
While Kaili had missed what she wanted to find, it seemed someone else had in her place.

“Rekha?” Kaili sounded surprised. Seemed they had a tendency to meet when circumstances were… Weird to say the least. Eyes glanced at the people of the First Order before going back to the Kaarde woman again. “Yeah, I was busy grieving…” Hand motioned towards Allyson in the back. “Allyson.”

Quick look around and Kaili felt thankful she had let herself seize control of her own breath between the focus needed to operate her skills. Gas seeped through, but she’d feel more lightheaded than, well, anything else. The grace of having a grip of her own niche abilities. A master in her field, yet not one to really call herself such. Technomancy was like a well-developed hobby. Technoviruses being something she simply didn’t dabble with due to moral concerns. Which wasn’t to mention the fact what could happen if she messed up while experimenting with it.

Regardless, without Kaili’s aid the doors would open. All eyes would set on it in surprise before one by one the lights went out. The ground shifted under the Talith’s feet as the gas began to seep into the other room. Imagery of bodies, her family and friends, strangers and freaks that she had met on the off-chance. Customers that had left particular impressions. Of course Kaili wanted to stand still in horror, but she had something far more alarming pressing against her mind, causing her to push against the discomfort of her own twisted mind.

She didn’t need to see to know.

“Allyson.” Her voice went soft, became a whisper as she approached her girlfriend. “It’s not real. It’s the gas.” Hand reached out towards the blaster to turn the security back on and keep it on to keep Allyson from doing anything stupid before they had reached the end of this maze victorious. “Stay with me.”

The blonde approached her partner. Didn’t need eyes when you had a bond either.

Hand against shoulder. Gentle tug into a comforting hug.

“I am here.” Kaili began to stroke her hand up and down along the Corellian’s back. They glowed, Kaili tapping into the force again to help with the poison that was in Allyson’s system and its effort to purge it.

At the cost of her own, of course. Her arm moved to keep hers around Allyson, bringing the Corellian’s over Kaili’s own shoulders to let her lead her forward towards the greater chamber as she purged the poison. It was macabre to step over the bodies of the people she loved, but with Allyson around it was easy enough to tell reality from what was not.

“Bigger chamber, less space for the gas to take up.” Kaili coughed under her own lightheaded delusions. “Just think about something else.”

It was… Discomforting, but Kaili kept her head. The soft squishes of her parents' and siblings' corpses mushed under the soles of her boots. Kaili was pushing forward, brushing the illusions of as if they weren't there. That was what they didn’t want her to do. She kept herself occupied elsewhere instead, concerning herself more about taking care of other more immediate problems. Allyson for one.

Omega

Event Account
[member="Enyo Typhos"]
Garnet offered no quick declaration of loyalty. “Power affects people in myriad ways,” she said simply. “And the power of the darkness…that can be many things to many people.”

“I do not know what it does, not fully. Only the five Gems know more, and I think only Onyx really understands.”

“And that is what concerns me.” She pointed out the window at the ring. “This was not built by us, it was built by those who came before. But who were they? Why was it built? Whatever, and whyever, this machine will break it.”

She seemed to waver a moment. “All these battles, in space, on the ground, all of them are serving the purpose of feeding the machine. I do not know what it will do, but I fear it will be terrible.”

[member="Incursion"]

Working with the Contingency had been beneficial for Enyo. It had helped her strike a tremendous blow against her hated enemies. But she was here as an ally of her own free will. It no longer seemed to be in her interests, and that was what she cared about. "Then it is folly to obey them. Make up your mind," she said bluntly. "They are foolish and unstable at best, insane and pawns of the device at worst. You say yourself that everyone was brought here to feed the machine." Then she heard the loud of machinery. More importantly, her mechu-deru senses tingled and she felt a surge of power, growing more intense with each passing moment. "The machine is charging up. Will you back your delusional bosses or not?"

Objective: Investigate the Contingency
Companions: 3 members of the Wolfsglaive (link in signature)
Gear: Items in signature + Saviour Class Tatical Vest and accompanying Phrik SAPI + a first aid kit.
Route: 2 [member="Zircon"]

With each breath still a struggle, Aster bit her lip and ordered the vice commander to put her down. As a member of the Iron Empire's imperial family, she needed to persevere and not seem like a delicate little thing that might snap at the slightest pressure. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she steadied herself, still feeling weak from the effects of the poison and began to feel a sense of discomfort from where the black goo had touched her skin earlier.

"Ylva..." she whispered. "Are you...okay?" Each word that escaped from her lips was a challenge. "And Caelag... what about... you?" she attempted call out to the soldier, unable to raise her voice beyond a rasp.

Disgusted by her own helplessness, Aster forced back tears that threatened to fall from her eyes and run down her cheeks and staggered towards the masked man who had so bravely protected her. "Are... you okay?" she inquired in a soft whisper. "Your wounds... I can help you," she continued as speaking was slowly starting to become easier. Though combat was not her forte, she wanted to contribute as much as she could with the few skills she had.

"I did it, I saved us!" she heard a synthetic voice proclaim and turned her head towards the now opened door.

Disappointed she had been little more than a liability so far, Aster was determined to contribute to the group's efforts against the Contingency. Retrieving her staff from one of the Wolfsglaive, she gripped it firmly. While the intricate item was not the best weapon, she could at least attempt to defend herself with it rather than relying on others for protection.

[member="Ylva Solveig"] - [member="Caelag Vass"] - [member="Vindica"] - [member="Kor Vexen"] - [member="Vaylin"] - [member="Astromech DD2-R8"] - [member="HK-36"] - [member="Venthis Zambrano"] - [member="Nima Tann"]- @ Anyone I missed.​
Edit: Forgot to write the effects of the black goo on Aster >.<

Objective: Don't succumb to the lovely mind games of our mechanical overlords

As the voice of the droid taunted him for his attempt and flooded the room with flammable gas, he felt anger boil beneath the surface. Vinidca thought of how he'd tear it to pieces, and how he might crush everything it had hoped to create, but the thought soon faded from his mind as nothing but foolish bravado. He knew better now, he knew they'd play him for a fool if he lashed out at any point during this journey.

When [member="Ylva Solevig"] spoke, his head pivoted towards the axe wielding woman. A part of him whispered to chastise them for their weakness, to make nothing of it, but that foul voice had influenced more than enough of his decisions in life. "I know." He responded calmly, placing a hand over the gash in his robe and calling on the force to mend the wound. It wouldn't be a permanent fix, but it would hold for the time being.

Then the princess addressed him, offering treatment for the cut. Kindness was an odd thing, yes he'd done his best to help their group and that could technically be seen as gratitude, but the notion that [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] would even approach a man such as he whose mask looked as if it had wept tears of blood with an offer of assistance stupefied him. "I am fine, stay with your guards, there will likely come a time soon where someone here will truly need such healing." He replied, waving her off as [member="HK-36"] cried out in triumph and the doors slid open.

With a glance at [member="Kor Vexan"], the masked man moved towards the open blast door, and then it went dark. There was a temptation to drawn and ignite his saber on impulse, but he stayed his hand, even with himself out of the room the flammable gas had still been released and was likely still relatively close. Put simply he didn't want to risk lighting himself or the others on fire. While he couldn't very well see with his eyes, the force was his guide in the darkness, but there was something haunting about the blackness that had swallowed them, something that caused him worry. Perhaps there was more to this than a simple synthetic uprising, he sensed something darker than that, much darker.

From his back, where some of the black goop from before had manged to splatter onto him and weaving its way through his armor to his flesh, came the most unnerving sensation. Something was in him, he could feel it, feel them just beneath the surface, crawling about. It was a trick, it had to be, and if it wasn't he'd burn it out later, but the sensation caused him great unease, and from the corner of his eye, he swore he saw something move in the darkness without a sound.

[member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Venthis Zambrano"] | [member="Vaylin"] | [member="Onyx"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Astromech DD2-R8"] | @Anyone I missed

Location: Main Terminal Area [ Route 2 | [member="Zircon"] - [member="Onyx"] ]
Objective: Survive & Progress
Team/Allies: Dark Side - Sith Empire
With: [member="Venthis Zambrano"] | [member="Vindica"] | [member="Astromech DD2-R8"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Kor Vexen"] | [member="Caelag Vass"] | [member="Darth Venefica"]

Enyo's response puzzled the Zabrak, why was she getting the sense of awkwardness? It confused her why the cyborg...

That's when something clicked, and Vaylin narrowed her eyes in response. Probably an odd reaction to anyone around that didn't realize what she was doing. Her curiosity towards Enyo turned to suspicion, moments before the sounding of grinding metal echoed across the Terminal Room.

Vaylin grew tense, wondering what was going to happen next. She wasn't convinced when seemingly nothing occurred. Something had happened, that much she was sure. Although her attention snapped back to the holoprojector when the form that was Zircon appeared once more.

She gritted her teeth as it explained their situation. They had been effectively neutered in their combat abilities. A single spark of a weapon, and the entire room would be ignited in an inferno.

Then everything seemed to change, the air in the room shifted as the previously locked blast door slid open. Now that, was highly suspicious especially as everything was plunged into darkness. It took a bit, but Vaylin's eyes adjusted to it as best they could.

"We should proceed on, quickly." It hadn't passed the Zabrak's attention, nor probably any of the others that there was now a steady hum of machinery around them. Something had been activated, and it was building up.

However as she moved on through the doorway, Vaylin felt a strange sensation at the back of her neck. Right where some of the goo substance had managed to reach. It felt like something was crawling, hidden beneath skin. Nothing but a minor irritant right now, but an annoying one nonetheless.

Objective: Bonded now to [member="Archim Calixis"]
Organics: [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Archim Calixis"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Captain Ironbeard"] | [member="Castor Ren"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Jorah"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Mishel Zanteres"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Torian Pierce"] | [member="Zai Avery"] | [member="Muad Dib"]
Allies: [member="Diamond"] [member="Onyx"]

All of these organics were really the same to Rainbone.

Play or prey.

And with nothing else or no one else to play with, his attention turned towards his prey.

While he continued to growl at [member="Muad Dib"], he did not feel the other mechanical being scanning his systems. The synthetic connection from the cyborg was successful, but luckily the dog shard had enough encryption that he would never consider someone with biological flesh and blood his Alpha.

However, Archim was the next best thing.

As soon as the fellow mechanical withdrew his override attack, Rainbone’s tailbone clunked to the floor, his dangerously sharp tail wagging furiously. He emitted a monotonous whine like two gears scraping together. And then let out a disquieting howl which resonated around the facility.

As the gas began to cause hallucinations, and the goo would make the organics feel a sense of physical or even mental discomfort, the droid barked, and his small ears perked up with a slow whir.

The machine was coming. And Rainbone could not wait to introduce his new friend.

Meanwhile, he would not let anyone else but Archim near him.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
[member="HK-36"] [member="Tempest"] [member="Vaylin"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Vindica"] [member="Astromech DD2-R8"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

It seemed that another trap was activated. Nima prepared herself as she didn't want to get hit by whatever was about to happen. However this time, no electric currents came down upon them, or anything that would cause immediate damage. Instead... suspiciously nothing. Or one that they couldn't sense for now. Her suspicions proved right as the droid once again appeared on the screen.

So, flammable gas was released and would explode the ones in the room if someone activated their weapon, which pushed them to play by their rules. Also, spider like droids appeared in the room, they didn't seem hostile, but it could be yet another game so she kept an eye out.

But then, suddenly the blast door opened, and darkness and silence reigned over the once bright room. She could only hear the humming of the machinery. Could this be another trick? Most probably. But at last, they were able to progress. Nima's helmet's HUD system seemed to restart and repair itself, since she no longer saw static or weird data showing. It was definitely good news, as she needed its services to see around clearly.

"Agreed." She responded to the Zabrak girl. "Sudden behaviour change is not a good sign."

Luckily for the Twi'lek, the black liquid didn't touch her skin. As for the gas, she might've inhaled for a few seconds since she took her helmet off after getting hit by one of the traps. It caused her a headache, but nothing else for now.

Generator Room ( [member="Onyx"], [member="Diamond"] )
Allies: [member="Jessica Matthews"], [member="Kaili Talith"], [member="Rekha Kaarde"], [member="Allyson Locke"], [member="Audren Sykes"], [member="Muad Dib"], @Everyone else

Kurayami chuckled as Jessica regained her footing. He watched as she got her helmet back in place and put it back in place on her head.

"No need for thanks. It has been a bit since I had to really work as part of a team in this capacity. However, what you say about the bridge between the gods and men is true. It is a powerful thing indeed, far moreso than we know, but many times the simple solutions end up being the best. I've only managed to live this long by learning to balance reliance on the Force with reliance on other means. I am not claiming that it doesn't lead to mistakes and overconfidence at times, yet even then I've managed to scrape by...usually just barely."

What she said about being clear headed for what was coming next...that would seem to be the definition of irony as he watched how the gas started to affect those around him who had been exposed to enough of it. Clear headed would not be his chosen description of them at this point. Especially the lady who damn near shot herself with her own blaster. Poor girl, gotta be some serious mental issues there. There was talk of the lever having been found in one of the turrets. Well that looked like a bit of a bright spot in this hell hole.

And then everything went dark. His first reaction was to utilize an overlay on his HUD of a combination of low light amplification, infrared, and bioscanner data. It would at least let him see a bit better than others. He sighed as the mechanical dog seemed to get angry at someone, then howl. Also what [member="Archim Calixis"] did to the dog, well he wouldn't dwell on that idea. The two who had appeared with the dog seemed to be dark side aligned in some way. Not that he cared particularly. The man was used to working with people whose moral compass was best compared to a roulette wheel.

A low grinding noise became apparent, and by the sound of it it was moving something rather heavy. Eventually he noticed that the hallway seemed to be getting longer...wait no, not the hallway. The blast door was opening to welcome them deeper into the complex. While all that happened, he quickly reloaded the pistols with ion rounds, and made sure both underbarrel launchers had ion grenades loaded. A smirk played over the Corellian's features as he did this, the memory from how he had earned his first class bloodstripes quickly erasing that.

It was a routine patrol. Boring as usual, escorting drunks home, making sure any bar room fights were broken up, checking ID's of ships in the spaceport or those wanting to enter. Normal every day drudgery. It was near the end of the shift that the call came about an unidentififed freighter having landed nearby, on the outskirts of Coronet. He had volunteered to go check the disturbance. When he asked who would be with him the assurance was that all nearby units would be dispatched. He pushed the throttle of the old landing craft up to military power as he made his way toward the indicated point of interest. An eternity seemed to pass in the few minutes it took him to reach the freighter. Once he had done so the place looked like a set for a really bad B-level horror film. The ship hadn't so much landed as it had slammed into the ground nose first.

Climbing off the landing craft he began walking around the debris field, right hand on the weapon holstered on his hip. A small stun pistol. Nothing overly powerful was usually needed. Today would be no different. As the others arrived there was talk of searching the wreckage. Again he would volunteer for the job, taking along two colleagues. The three of them took their time searching through the ship. What sent chills down his spine though is that there were no bodies. No signs of crew. It was empty. The decision was made to check the cargo hold last. Granted it was not the best of ideas. As they entered there was the smell of large amounts of fuel...but something else was off about the hold. The containers were empty, or so it seemed. Scanners showed nothing. As the power in the ships main reactor slowly went offline another sound could be heard. Beeping. This whole ship was loaded with explosives. How long until detonation he didn't know, but he guessed it couldn't be too long. Containment was absolutely necessary. Grabbing a computer spike he told the other two to leave.

He didn't wait to head to the engine room and work on getting just enough power to the terminal to try and bring back the generator and shields for the ship. Tim was of the essence, and was becoming a more precious resource by the moment. The sound was slowly getting faster, time was running out. The main generator finally came back online, but the shields were shot. He could get them up to 20 percent strength, over the whole of the ship. A crazy idea struck and he set them to only cover the cargo hold, still only at 20 percent strength, but it should hold. He began sprinting from the doomed freighter screaming for everyone else to get out. His LAAT wasn't far now...

Sliding into the pilot's seat, he started the old bird up up, and made a quick pass by the ship to make sure his comrades had gotten out safely. Though they had left the ship, they had gotten turned around while getting out, meaning his was the last craft that was available.He made a call to them over the radio, telling them he would set down as close as he could, but to start moving. Finding a suitable landing point about 10 meters from them he watched as they got in sliding the side door shut remotely as he lifted off. It wasn't smooth to say the least. The generator was almost completely dead onboard the freighter, the shield power having dropped almost completely. As the freighter detonated the shockwave threw the small LAAT towards the treeline. There wasn't much he could do as he strained to bring the ship around, scraping along the sides of multiple trees, bouncing off some of the larger ones. Eventually he regained some control. Much of the damage had been contained, but a small piece of debris had damaged to control linkage, which had been further weakened by the imitation of a ping pong ball. As he made the turn to head home it snapped fully. The world slowly faded to black as he fought with the controls.

His next memory had been waking up unable to move. Once he figured out how to speak again he asked about his comrades. Burns, broken collarbone, shattered ribs, broken arms, and legs seemed the order of the day for his injuries. Theirs had been far more minor. broken bones and dislocations. For returning to the site and rescuing his comrades, as well as managing to keep the damage contained to a small area at great personal risk they awarded the first class stripes.

The official story was that a training exercise had gone terribly wrong due to improper maintenance on the LAAT the Kurayami had been assigned. He and few others knew the truth, and he may be the last one alive now who did. In the end it mattered little, and it seemed for some reason the Force had seen fit to force such a memory on him. Why was something he would likely never understand as he started towards the now opened blast door.

Location: Generator - Route 1 [member="Onyx"] | [member="Diamond"]
New Best Friend: [member="Rainbone"]
Allies: [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Captain Ironbeard"] | [member="Castor Ren"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Jorah"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Mishel Zanteres"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member="Tempest"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Zai Avery"]
Objective: Purge Evil Robot Scu-OMG PUPPY

"Fascinating," Archim's vocoder emitted as the robotic canine appeared as a friendly on his augmented reality display.

Tilting his head to one side, the Metal Lord watched as [member="Rainbone"] mimicked his movements. Well, at least it was progress of a sort. Ensuring his counter-intrusion software had not become somehow corrupted in the firefight, he began to examine whatever unencrypted data he could pull from his surface scans of the more simple minded droid. Complex and unfamiliar heuristic algorithms and behavioral response code filtered rapidly through each side of his optical interface, the overclocked processing power of his neuro-cache allowing him to sift through hundreds of lines in seconds.

Most of the data was superfluous, and what little he did have access to that was seemingly of remote importance to their predicament was locked into read only mode behind command prompts that would require access to the firewalled sections of the canine's droid brain in order to override. Lost in the information glut, the Metal Lord's surroundings had faded from his processing queue, until an unarmored organic nearby reeling from the effects of the gas stumbled a little too close. The response from Rainbone was immediate, as his newfound companion let out another one of its chilling electronic growls.

Thankfully the organic stumbled back out of what was seemingly a proximity zone past which the canine would treat any non-synthetic as if they were a direct threat to its own continued function. At least he had intervened before the contraption had acted on any of the more violent protocols that were very likely hiding behind layers of multi-factor authentication, but Lord Calixis couldn't exactly claim he had been successful either. For one, the droid would in all likelihood remain quite hostile to [member="Muad Dib"] if he came to close. Even though he had seemingly managed to add his own signature to the Rainbone's whitelist however, administration privileges still eluded him. He could give it commands, but the metallic mutt was under no obligation to obey them.

Still, it was a line of communication, which is something they hadn't had a moment ago. Archim could not force the robot to obey him, but perhaps there was another way. Its neural network did not seem nearly advanced enough for any sort of true AI.

"Stand back! It won't hurt me, but I can't overwrite its other settings," the cyborg called out to the room around him, backing as far away from everyone else as he possibly could, "I am going to attempt to interrogate the beast."

Most either could not hear or ignored him, lost in the throes of individual hallucinations. His oxygen scrubbers were not quite red lining, but enough of the toxin had seeped in that those around him looked as though they were outlined by faint auras. Some white, some black as night, others muddled shades of grey. Preposterous, of course, there was no pattern to the categorization that the Iskalloni cyborg was capable of discerning. Organics were all more or less the same in his experience anyway.

He activated his vocoder as if to emit more clickwise, but leaned down and spoke to Rainbone in lilting Basic. With their link active, the canine was capable of interpreting general concepts easily enough.

"Who is an optimally functioning system component? My analysis indicates that it is the unit sitting before me. Can you lead me to your system administrator, little node? I will defragment your subsystems. Yes I will. Yes I will."

Zircon

Clear or Clouded Our True Colors Always Show
The time for fun and games was finally over. Onyx had started the machine up and it was charging already. Zircon was no longer having to stall for time by playing around with the organics. All power to the facility had been shut off and all emergency systems such as power to doors and life support had been disabled. Everyone gathered now had a choice to make: stay and press forward into the darkness or leave and pray that the machine malfunctioned. The shard knew that regardless of the choice they made it would not matter. They could not stop the Contingency now. Death was the only fate left to them.

As sure as things might be though, Zircon still had to stand guard in the room that contained the emergency generator and emergency systems terminal. If they went out of their way to turn them back on they would only be wasting more of their own time, which was more precious than water for them now. They didn't know this however and Zircon had no reason to explain their situation to them. But the shard could not help itself. It wanted to watch their reactions to the dire news. So it moved some of its cloaked drones near each of the groups. Zircon's machine voice said to them from seemingly everywhere, " Turn back now organics and have your last fleeting moments with your loved ones. It is far too late for you now. The Machine has begun and there is nothing you can do to stop it in time. This would be true even if you had emergency power and life support. You do not. Scurry off to your holes now and pray you survive what is to come for all of your inferior lives."

Zircon ended the message there and withdrew its drones. It was done with its theatrics. The time for seriousness was upon all of shard kind. The time of the end was upon all of organic kind. The tibanna filled drones that were so passive before suddenly rushed after those who had once been gathered in the button room. More of them came out of the walls to hunt down those who had once been in the turret room. The little mechanical spiders sought to end their prey in explosive flames and twisted metal. While the drones began their hunt, Zircon walled over to the wall and pulled a large lever. Creaks and groans echoed around the shard as hidden mechanisms rubbed against each other in the walls. Metal scraping against metal soon followed. Savage howls, horrible hisses seeped through to the shard's auditory receptors. After a few moments it was all silence. The organics would find out for themselves just why Zircon was now laughing so sadisticly to itself.

[SIZE=12pt][member="Venthis Zambrano"] [member="Vindica"] [member="Astromech DD2-R8"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Ylva Solveig"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="The Slave"] [member="Tempest"] [member="Kor Vexen"] [member="Caelag Vass"] [member="Vaylin"] [member="Darth Venefica"] [member="Andorreth Vikar"] [member="Ara Zambrano"] [member="Kaili Talith"] [member="Aryn Teth"] [member="Atlas Kane"] @Aurden Sykes [member="Captain Ironbeard"] [member="Castor Ren"] @Jessica Mathews [member="Jorah"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Mishel Zanteres"] [member="Muad Dib"] [member="Rekha Kaarde"] [member="Samka Derith"] [member="Rainbone"] [member="Onyx"] [member="Enyo Typhos"] [member="Incursion"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Vereshin"]
[/SIZE]

Route: To the Left | Generators
Team: Lightside
[member=Onyx] | [member=Diamond] | [member=Zircon]
[member="Captain Ironbeard"] | [member="Muad Dib"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Atlas Kane"] | [member=Jorah] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Darth Filiae"] | [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Ara Zambrano"] | [member="Archim Calixis"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Castor Ren"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Kyrel Ren"] | [member="Mishel Zanteres"] | [member="Samka Derith"] | [member=Tempest] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Zai Avery"]

He could tell that people were talking, mostly because of their gestures, general body language, and the way their mouths were moving with barely any sound. Intention as well, through the Force he could sense the shifting of such things. The best he could get was a rough estimate though, and he could not read lips.

Despite the relatively quick warning about the gas, Audren had taken a few full breaths of it at the very least. It was difficult to keep track since his brain had been fairly scrambled. Fortunately for him that was much less than anticipated. Thus he was slightly lightheaded rather than having his head spinning around his shoulders. Combined with the lack of hearing, it perhaps wasn't so surprising that he simply stood and watched others mess with the room. The droid-looking one who actually had some life left in him was focused on the canine droid, Jessica appeared to be shouting at the air then taking a rest against the wall, and many others were scrabbling at the turrets for whatever reason.

In the next moment, something happened. He couldn't tell what triggered it, but the blast door they'd been waiting on opened with a supreme lack of fuss and traps, revealing the generator further down the way. His mind practically screamed trap, but there was nothing obvious or even subtle that he could see. The difference was startling: first a voice that seemed almost dismissive and testing, then this silent opening. Either it was a dramatic personality shift or there were two consciousnesses directing this play. The question was whether they were working in tandem or squabbling.

Then the lights went out.

The blackness was near-absolute, and as it happened there was a howl from the canine droid. He could hear that. The timing wasn't eerie at all either, not one iota. Within seconds though, the vision enhancements on the mask started coming into play, as he was sure was happening with many of the others who wore helms. Night vision and thermal overlays - though not at full power - were coming online and made for a mildly psychotropic view. The gas didn't help matters, but he had enough presence of mind to understand what he was doing. He began moving towards the generator, and wasn't the first person to do so. Once again his lightsaber was in hand but not ignited and his Force senses were prepared for an attack. Not just from the droids though: he was expecting an agenda from pretty much everyone besides Jessica's team, two of whom he knew. That went double for the bunch of dark presences that had managed to slip in just before the blast door had closed, be it Sith or otherwise.

Then the droids began to attack. It started with a pronouncement of doom, a declaration that they should run and hide and hope to survive, but was followed by skittering and explosions. An ambush, again, yet this time with small explosive units. And with others affected by gas and sound this would get very tricky very fast. Two of the droids started crawling at him, so he made a stomping motion, a mental image of what he wanted. The explosions were impressively large, squirting out from under the pressure of an invisible boot. After that he mentally plucked the vials of whatever gas it was they carried like a flower from a stem before slapping them away. Force-based attack and defense, keeping things at a distance. Meanwhile, he increased his pace as the sounds of heavy machinery, scrapes, and more howls were detected by his slowly-returning hearing.

There was an ominous feel to the air. Time was getting short; the priority was shifting away from caution to completing the mission no matter personal cost. Hopefully there would be others to work with him, or he with them, rather than against.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Nima Tann"] and those nearby [member="Vaylin"] et al

Main Terminal Area
Tempest had been happy to let Nima lead the way. The Twi’lek had been doing a superb job, and the Dahomian had been watching her back carefully.
One could only take too much though.
“I have had it with these mother-loving droids on this mother-loving station,” she grumbled. She couldn’t remember any other droids other than [member="HK-36"] being this wordy. Perhaps that could be the new strategy – lock the droid with these bombastic machines in a room and let them chatter.

However, peril now appeared in earnest. The lights went down and then the mechanical spiders activated. Explosive spiders. Fantastic.

This was something Tempest could do. She had kept her strength so far, but now called on the Force to unleash a ferocious blast of wind to disperse…or at least dilute…the explosive gas, and even pick up and knock around the spiders.

“Quickly, neutralise them without sparks, then let’s push on,” she said. She spoke mainly to Nima and Vaylin but anyone else in their vicinity would hear her.

Omega

Event Account
[member="Enyo Typhos"]

Garnet wavered. She seemed genuinely unable to decide for a moment.
“It all began to get us justice,” she said at last. “The Empire destroyed our kind. Onyx led us away to here to save us. We wanted justice but this…this is madness.”

She looked to Enyo. “We need to stop the machine. If it activates then everyone who is not a Shard will die in this system. And if that happens, that is just the start. It will never end. Enyo, I can’t do this alone, I will need your help.”

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Location: Unknown Facility, Route 2 - Terminal, right corridor ([member="Zircon"]).
Objective: Survive...
Allies: [member="Aster Rose Baelor"], [member="Caelag Vass"], [member="Vindica"]

With HK-36's most abrupt yet unfortunately comical timing in his announcement the lights of the room suddenly shut off and from what it sounded like, someone had discovered the vast door blocking them from further proceeding to have been opened. She hadn't even had the time nor chance to offer the princess a smirk in stubborn dismissal of Ylva's own vulnerabilities, having the want to portray a greater priority on protecting her than her own life yet ever still were their chances growing slim.

"We should proceed on, quickly."
The words came from a little ahead of their own position in the group yet Ylva didn't need to be told twice; there was no point turning back now when there were already so many complexities in their quickly deteriorating situation. Whatever this liquid was across the fur exterior of her armor had left her gear feeling heavy and it was obvious now with their droid companions mentioning of it that others were growing frustrated and concerned; enough so to convince Ylva to strip the Nerf furs over coat from the rest of her, leaving only the Qom Jha leathers and the phrik chainmail loosely fitted atop her clothing. She couldn't tell just how much of it had gotten on her, she and her peers had been surrounded by the others at the time yet doing what she could to remove it from her person, she herself had started to worry about whatever the point was of being coated with such a substance.

Turning to where [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] had been, she sought to reach for her. "C'mon we can't wait here to die" she urged her to continue ahead. She needed hold the woman's hand, her Wolfsglaives were there to lead her yet Ylva did not want to leave her behind either. [member="Caelag Vass"] were somewhere nearby them as well as their generous protector, [member="Vindica"]; with luck they would come to the same conclusion yet not before something around them crunched loudly and shifted into gear, the area black and absent in vision coming to life, soon followed by the movement of the little spiders carrying strange vials of presumably flammable liquids.

"...We need to move now!"

[member="Incursion"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Vaylin"], [member="Tempest"],

Behind her phrik helmet's visor, Enyo's expression showed no emotion. "Wise choice," she said flatly to Garnet. Her features remained indifferent when [member="Zircon"] delivered another pompous, cheesy speech. She'd been created and abused by a genocidal machine cult of ruthlessly efficient HRDs, she'd died and been resurrected through twisted science.

Then she'd broken her chains. Life support went off, but she was not an organic being. "Let's go. Organics are close to our location. They will be useful." She did not really care whether they lived or died, but they were on the way and a concerted attack might be sensible. Without a further word she proceeded onward.

Soon she reached the room. It was dark and people were fighting explosive spiders. Being an HRD, she could see just fine in the dark and the bots did not imrpess her.. Pulling upon the tangled web of power that was the Force, Enyo drew upon her mechu-deru as she pressed her will upon a number of the machines to compel them to deactivate and shut down. Others were knocked away with telekinesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom