Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Stormvale [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
The silence that fell between them as they walked was deafening. Fiolette kept her poise as she walked looking over at Taeli, watching as her face shifted. The expression moved to an ever worrying one, whatever she thought it weighed heavily on her mind. The breeze moved through gently nipping with refreshing cool air through her clothes, and then after another moment or two. Taeli spoke, and Fiolette listened. A soft smile shifted onto her features at the sound of more than roadblock but it fell afterward. Sparring. "I believe that is more than reasonable, and will give me time to adjust to the weight of the vibrosword as well." The Rear Admiral had it forged through Taeli's company recently. It was a simple enough blade and certainly meant to toe the line with lightsabers.

More so Fiolette took the Lorrdian's words to heart.

"Overzealous Jedi seem to be in great abudance these days," she said offhandedly her gaze drifted as they exited the hedge maze and the shade of the trees began to cover them both. She brought down her umbrella and hooked it over her arm. "I don't want you to hold anything back, by the way, I can handle my share of hits. After all, no Jedi would hold back either."

The bath house and gazebo were somewhere through here, toward the back of the property although the back was a bit of an understatement. Stormvale's actual property extended further than what had been presented. A small line of where the property ended was known to the owners and staff but no one else. Wooded areas where the natural beauty of Ravelin was allowed to prosper. The buzzing of bees from the apirary could be heard. Mr. Jephcot's had brought in his cousin Mr. Hardwick as the keeper and his soft humming was heard as they passed the apirary. Fiolette didn't greet him, he seemed busy tending to the bees. Instead her attention was drawn on Taeli as they continued their walk, as the canopy of trees provided more shade.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

"As you wish, dear," she responded, a relieved smile on her face that Fiolette had agreed to spar after their meeting. "I'll be just as delicate as I would be in training any new acolyte."

Which certainly meant Taeli would be absolutely brutal. As her younger could attest, if she was still here, or any of her Order of Shadows operatives could say Taeli had been a harsh taskmaster. She demanded perfection and expected those she trained to either pull their weight or roll over and die. Weak acolytes had no use in the Sith. Fiolette might not be an acolyte, hell Taeli was starting to think she more than liked her, she was still going to be put through her paces as only a Sith Lord could do.

Thoughts quite at odds with their beautiful surroundings.

"Lucy seems to be adjusting well to the Sith-Imperial Navy," she said. "Have you thought about having her placed on a ship in our command once it is formed?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette gave Taeli a soft smile, "good."

A comfortable silence fell between them, was she at all prepared of what was to come? No. But she would be all the same, after all she had committed herself to this. She would see it through, she would see it done as best as she could. Old Galidraani phrases sailed their way into her thoughts as the crook of the umbrella rested on one arm while the other was offered to Taeli. A smile when Taeli linked arms with her and their walk beneath the canopy opened up to the lush foilage around Archer's Pond. Where the statue of a small archer and his friend took form, "no, no I haven't."

"As much as I have the ability to, I much rather she make her own decisions."

"You know, I just realized we could set up a small event area over there, there's room enough for a small band stand lights could be strung out over head." She said as the small clearing behind the pond and adjacent to the manor revealed itself. "What do you think?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Of course, of course, we definitely want her to be comfortable with her decisions," Taeli replied. Maybe it was because of what happened with her family, but she would have felt the need to keep a close eye, or at least some tabs, on where her family was at all times. Disappearing sisters would have that effect on a woman, especially when they had vanished without so much as a single trace.

"Hmmm I think, before we make any additions to the property, we get better situated with what we have," she said. She also didn't see the point of a specific event area when they had massive grounds and gardens that could serve the purpose. Maybe it was one of those Galidraani things that was just going over her head at the moment? "Seems a little silly to add something like that to me when we can easily just set up and tear events throughout the grounds as needed."

One day she would figure out how Fiolette's mind worked completely, one day.

"The triumph for Operation: Eclipse is soon," she added, giving the official name for the downfall of the Alliance, even though many even among her own agents called it the Endgame.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Mhmm," Fiolette murmured as they walked the pond now opened to the two. The bridge across delighted in the light and the sound of their shoes against the wood reminded her of the old times on Herevan. Taeli then spoke about additions to the property. "You're right," she said to the first half of the statement, "well, while we could go through the trouble of setting up and tearing down. I do like the idea of an open area in which to observe most of the festivities." Nor did she like the idea of people being spread out throughout their estate, but these were conversations for another day. "But again I agree, we should settle in to what we have now before making any changes."

As they neared the point over the pond, Fiolette paused and gave Taeli her undivided attention. Azure orbs looked into the violet orbs of the Lorrdian, "oh?" She inquired, a small smile, "do go on, I'm curious now what do you have in mind?"

Another smile tugged at her lips, and she realized in the moment that she had been free of not only the mark but of her smoking. She hadn't realized just how long it had been since she had a smoke, though she supposed now that it was all Taeli's fault. She no longer needed to depend on it for a sense of calm, but rather just being around her girlfriend was enough. Another breeze came through whistling through the trees behind the pond with ease. The water rippled slightly but remained largely undisturbed, the manor itself stood to cast but a small shadow over the pond as the sun moved slowly overhead.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Big military parade in Ravelin to show off the might of the Sith Empire, even bigger parties after," Taeli replied airily. "I have to be in attendance with the Emperor, all the high ranking Sith and officers have to be. Something about how the heroes of the Empire must be seen by the people."

She will admit she was glad of the recognition, to finally be rewarded for her hard work. It was one of a few things she suspected the Emperor was planning, alongside the retaliation against the Rebels for their cowardly attacks on Dubrillion and Jaminere. As they walked along the bridge, she had to admire the pond and landscaping work done on the estate since they had purchased the area.

And their estate really was lovely, and quiet. That was something she definitely appreciated right now. Just the sheer quiet of it all when compared to Ravelin. Oh, it was all she could do not to find a spot with Fiolette, break open a book, and just read under a tree and enjoy the day.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette slowly moved the umbrella to block the sunlight, she listened to Taeli's casual tone parties and parades were mentioned. The Sith Empire had plans to celebrate their victory which planted a small idea in the Galidraani's mind but for now this would do. Quietly Fiolette took a step closer to Taeli, she rested a hand along the Lorrdian's waist and moved in for a stolen kiss. Moments like these had been rare and still, they seemed to be so rare and precious stolen moments in the gardens. The waters rippled along at the wind's behest, and as she took a breath she deepened the kiss. "I meant what I said before," it seemed to be from nowhere, but it was a continuation of their conversation from the late morning.

"I want this to work, Taeli," she rested her forehead against her girlfriend's. While she was sure they would be fine, "and forgive my over communications or if I feel a little more than I should." An azure gaze looked into the violet orbs before them. Fiolette took a step back and manuvered the umbrella over their head and walked with her back to the other side of the gardens as she began a small step down the bridge. "It is a lot and has been quite a lot in the recent days, and I feel as if more changes are on the way." She waited for Taeli to step down to her.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli smiled into the kiss when Fiolette moved the umbrella and stepped in closer, deepening it along with Fiolette. The smile didn't leave her face when Fiolette moved away and they started walking again, steps echoing slightly on the bridge.

"I want everything to work out too," she said quietly, tightening her hold on Fiolette's arm. "And change is life. I wouldn't be a very good Sith if I didn't know how to handle changes. You just have to give me time, as this is a rather big change for me. All these rules of decorum, why it could make any Sith not named Zambrano confused."

She gave Fiolette a cheeky grin at the last part of her comment.

"I think we've had Carrington wait long enough, we should go back and get this meeting done hmm?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette stood on the other end of the bridge, arm extended for Taeli to take. The effort now came to make their way back to the manor, "you know." She said with a small pause as the Galidraani readjusted the umbrella. "This is your home too, you needn't be uncomfortable. While I can be rather formidable I would hope that if you needed, you could speak with me. I can ask the servants to relax on the decorum or rather, you can speak with Carrington on the matter as well."

She did laugh at the statement that Taeli made and with such a cheeky grin. "Oh heavens." Balance forbid that Fortan and Zambrano line ever cross, a shiver of the thought ran through her bones. "Heavens no, do not say such things please." A quick look at Taeli with a playful look of her own. "No, I am quite pleased that you are not a Zambrano. You are wonderful in every way Taeli Raaf." Fiolette made a point to say her lover's name in the sentence. Emphasis on the Raaf even, as they continued to walk through the back end of the property going by the bath house and gazebo edges of the stables could be seen. "And yes, I suspect we should head back inside and get on with our meeting. Lucy will no doubt have returned by now and we can see to her living arrangements."

"Followed by our sparring session." She said more as a reminder to herself.

When they had returned, Lucy indeed awaited them both in the sitting room with Mr. Carrington on hand. Fiolette had gone up to change into lighter clothing, a pair of comfortable trousers and a blouse. "I appreciate your patience Mr. Carrington."

"Think nothing of it mi'lady." He remarked in kind with a nod of respect in the Admiral's direction. "Miss Lucinyia was just informing me of her routines and schedules."

Lucy beamed and looked over at her mother and Taeli, "and I wanted to apologize for earlier Taeli. I hadn't realize that... well, I just hadn't realized my insensitivity." She looked over at Carrington who nodded with some approval. It seemed he had been the hand to guide her on the matter. "And to you as well mum, it really did put you out on the spot didn't it?"

"Ah yes," a breath in, exhale, "it did but it has well, we'll discuss it fully when the time comes but for now...."

"Yes for now why don't we get on with the schedules, mhmm?" Carrington was good about moving the conversation along.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Or I could always just lift you into the air until I get my way," Taeli said, playfully nudging Fiolette as they made their way back to the manor. She did catch the emphasis on her last name, and she smiled wider. She was very much happy to not be a Zambrano. Talk about pressure, and Force above having Kaine as a father... there was an internal shudder. She might loyally follow the Emperor, was even a part of his more secretive schemes, but would she ever want him in her family... not at all.

The mention of the sparring lesson did bring two things to mind to Taeli as they entered the estate again and Fiolette ran upstairs to change into something lighter. One, Fiolette was probably going to be sporting some bruises and her daughter was likely going to want to watch. Two, Taeli was going to have make it up to her for the harsh treatment.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Lucy," Taeli responded, waving her hand dismissively when the younger woman gave her apology. "We all have our pasts, I just wasn't expecting that discussion so soon."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Their conversation began as Mr. Carrington took the information as given. Arranging cleanings, meetings in between and around the masters of the home, "and of course Mrs. Hicks would like to know if there are any particular dietary requirements of the house." He continued on, "and Admiral Yvarro you had mentioned holidays, have you not?"

"Yes, yes of course Mr. Carrington her Ladyship and I have a home on Genesia you need not worry about sending any of the help there it is a fairly small residence by comparison." And for the moment it was just the Cerulean Shores Villa, although she was certain that more homes and private getaways would be about soon enough. Her attention was drawn to Taeli for a moment, as Mr. Carrington addressed her Ladyship with regards to time away from Stormvale at her labs or elsewhere. As he understood it her job could quite often have her away which was quite alright with him as he joted down the notes. Lucinyia looked over at her mother and then at Taeli, and waited for her turn to speak.

"Just to be sure then Miss Lucinyia would perhaps be our most predictable schedule then?"

"Yes that is correct, which means while we are away she shall be placed in charge of the estate." Fiolette had the utmost confidence that her one time personal assistant and oldest daughter was more than capable and Lucinyia beamed she knew what the responsibility meant. A soft look of confirmation to Taeli before the final nod of approval. Mr. Carrington then turned to Taeli once more to get another look through her schedules and to make any adjustments to her accomodations in the home. Lucy took the opportunity then while Carrington waited for Taeli to speak with her mother.

A whisper, "will you make use of the nursery?"

"Madame Mand'alor and my goddaughter will be in within the week, so yes, however; I cannot account for how often it will be used."

"I wondered if I might use it as a study then?"

Fiolette had no intentions of having any more children but as she looked over at Taeli. "I'll speak with Taeli on the matter after this."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Indeterminate, Mister Carrington," she replied when he asked her how often she would be away from the estate. She honestly could not say, with any sort of semblance of an idea, what a time frame or schedule would be like for her when it came to running to her various locales, company or otherwise. And don't even get her started on missions or tasks directly for the Sith Empire and its growing borders, because she had no idea about that one either. It was a constant thing after all.

"Always on the move, so I would expect, at present, the majority of my time will likely be spent away from the estate."

She had a fair few experiments going right now, and Aurora was in the middle of a major modernization program. Plus there was making sure everything was running smoothly with Spaarti Creations as they began the expansion plans for that. By the Force was she busy.

"Just no wild parties," Taeli said jokingly at Lucy. Reviewing the accommodations, she did put a stipulation that no one was allowed into her private study or the attic library without her permission. There was too much dangerous information present in those to allow unrestricted access.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Of course madame," Mr. Carrington acknowledged her Ladyship. Quietly the six foot two figure wrote in the schedules and worked out the routines for the help. A small smile at the mention of wild parties, as he had seen it Lucy was far beyond such notions. "If there is nothing further I believe I have all the information that I need."

"Splendid then I call this meeting adjourned." Fiolette gave Mr. Carrington a smile and watched as he left the sitting room. Her attention turned then to Lucy who gave both Fiolette and Taeli a softened look, "well, I believe Taeli and I have a bit of a sparring lesson shortly. Was there anything else you wanted to address Lucy?" The older woman waited for her daughter to speak up for it looked as if she had something to say. The room was quiet, the Bastion sun danced across the carpet reflecting off the lightly colored wallpaper and the photographs framed with luxury wood. Still photography of quiet moments from Galidraan and Lorrd.

It was in the quiet that Lucy took a moment to reflect and think. "No, nothing for the moment but I will be sure to find you if I do."

Fiolette gave Lucy a smile as she rose from the sofa. "Then we have work to do, we'll see you again for dinner then?"

"Yes of course!" The blonde unfolded from her seat just as well.

The afternoon progressed from there with Fiolette taking herself down to their sparring room where Taeli would begin the lessons of fighting a force user. All the while the question of the nursery lingered on Fiolette's mind, a question she was sure to ask of Taeli later in the evening. Until then it was time to prepare for their role for the invasion of Gree, and more importantly the work on Asation. The admiral would confess the desire to eventually become more than just an admiral. The sounds of vibroswords clashing the use of force abilities to prepare Fiolette for what the Jedi would bring.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Hair pulled back in a wild ponytail, a strand having escaped and framing her face now. Her lightsaber angled in a defensive stance, holding Fio's blade at bay for a moment. Her wrist guards shining in the red light. Fiolette had been doing fairly well since that first embarrassing fight. She had apologized profusely after helping her up, but that had been the only time. Since then, their sparring had gone on and on. Taeli had used vibrosword, her lightsaber on training mode. Force powers the Jedi might use, such as pushing and throwing Fiolette around or even abilities of the common heretic Sith or Dark Jedi such as mild applications of Force Lightning. She had not been kind. No, this had been Fiolette's first glimpse into the ruthless task master that she could be when training a young acolyte.

"Better," she said. With a flick of her hand though, she would send Fiolette flying backwards. With that she disengaged the lightsaber, clipping it to her belt. "We're going to have to get you some defenses against the Force, but it should be adequate enough for Asation."

It did remind her that she and Fiolette would need to schedule sparring time in the schedule with Carrington, in case anyone needed to get ahold of them.

"You alright?" she asked.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette's hair had been pulled back into a bun. Taeli had most certainly been a taskmaster but Fiolette didn't complain, Galidraani and Imperial ways nearly forbade such an act. Take your licks and deal with it was the general rule of thumb. At this point there was not a part of her body that hadn't been thrown into something. No doubt Mr. Carrington and the help were rather nervous about it all, she assured them it was fine. Still, the longer the sparring waned the longer her endurance was tested. Her constitution had never been her strongest suit, more of a quick fighter than anything else. It was the Force Lightning that really sent a few hairs on ends. When Taeli flicked her wrist to send Fiolette backward, the redhead adjusted quickly she managed to land on a foot and knee, vibrosword digging into whatever it could.

She remained there knelt down with vibrosword still planted. The Galidraani winced as she slowly rose to her feet, Taeli inquired if she was fine and Fiolette waved her off. "Brilliant, just give me a moment and we can go again." The new wounds would settle into the old, part of the rejuvenation had brought back a number of the old Iron's war scars. A lifetime in servitude to one empire or another, fighting off pirates, hijackers, republic, alliance and omega soldiers. It all added up, some were more faded than others, the ones from Omega or Castameer remained darker, fresher than the others. The only ones that competed were the scars from Anoat, FIS Kuragin's destruction.

The older woman made her way to the bench in their sparring room and sat down. Back against the wall, she seethed in any pain that may have lingered. "Though I suppose this is a good a time as any to speak with you, regarding Lucy's request."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli sat down next to Fiolette on the bench, a hand pressing gently against where she sensed the pain was greatest. Probably a bruised rib or two. She had been sure not to do anything strong enough to break bones or cause lasting injury. She rather liked Fiolette in one piece after all. Calling on her command of the Force and her knowledge of Sith magics, she muttered a small spell. A purple glow surrounded her hand, drawing the pain away from Fiolette's injury and forcing the cells to heal the damage. There was a cost, but transferring the pain to herself was only temporary and she didn't even seem phased by it.

"What request might that be, dear?" she asked, moving onto another of Fiolette's injuries. Electrical burn from her lightsaber in training mode, it would be unpleasant for a moment for the redhead, but the pain would quickly pass and skin would start healing and knitting back together.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Well," Fiolette began she could be seen wincing visibly as Taeli tended to her, "for starters, she wished to make use of the nursery - as a study. I informed her that Yasha Mantis would be by within the week and so for the moment, no." The older woman looked across the room at nothig in particular, perhaps a spot on the wall to allow her focus. She moved to take a towel and dabbed her face and arms, and again her face contorted with motions of brief pain. She turned her attention away from the wall and to Taeli, "but." But, there it was the word to change the course of this conversation. "But, of course, I told her I would discuss the matter with you. As, I, have no intentions on making any use of the nursery as a nursery..."

"However," she took deep breath, exhaled, elbows on the top of her legs, arms crossed as she leaned over and looked up at Taeli. "However, I do not know your feelings on the matter. Rather, your feelings on children and whether or not you want them for your own." While Fiolette may be done with the days of birthing children, she knew that she could not speak for Taeli. The question hung in the air and she did not look away from the violet hues that stared back at her. No. Rather she remained, her eyes softened in their gaze. It was a personal question, and an intimiate one at that. Back on Galidraan, Fiolette had been the subject of such talk before she married Emrys. It only worsened after they married, and the pressure to produce an heir took the idea of children out of her heart for a long time. At least, until she met Josef - still, she waited now for Taeli's reply.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"I see," Taeli said quietly, biting her lip in thought. She didn't see an issue with Lucy using the nursery as a study... for now, but... if she was truly being honest with herself... she had given some thought about children. She had initially dismissed the idea while she had been undercover, deeming whatever relationship she might have during then would be thoroughly fouled up once the truth came out and Endgame occurred. Hell, the Sith in her felt some minor trepidation at having children even after that because they could be a weakness, a potential avenue for an enemy or rival to attack her. An extremely unwise avenue, considering how she felt about family, but an avenue nonetheless.

But now... not yet... but... maybe...

"I... um... I had thought about children... later though, not anytime soon... but... well you know..." Taeli Raaf, the Great Deceiver of the Jedi, Lady of Secrets and confidant to the Emperor and his Shadow Hand, CEO of a powerful galaxy spanning company, a scholar who had pushed the boundaries of Sith magics and alchemy and learned as much as she could about whatever subject she took a fancy to... just could not form words right now.

"Not yet, but... maybe in the future," she said, a blush threatening to rise up her cheeks.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Taeli went quiet, she bit her lip in thought and Fiolette patiently waited.

A soft smile of understanding when the Lorrdian came around to forming her words. Taeli was so many things, an accomplished scholar in her own right, a powerful Sith, owner of a rather powerful company that spanned the galaxy. The Great Deceiver of the Alliance and here she was struggling to form the words she needed to say. Fiolette's lip curled once more and she placed a hand in Taeli's. She leaned over and placed a kiss on the woman's cheek. "Alright," her voice matched the tone of their conversation, soft - understanding. "I realize it is quite the awkward subject to broach so early in our relationship, but ..." Her voice trailed off as she moved to kneel before Taeli.

Her hands moved to wrap around either side of the Lorrdian's waist as she looked up. "I did not want to speak on this matter without your say, for while I might have considered myself done with the birthing and rearing of children. I ... " Fiolette's blue eyes looked up into the violet hues of Taeli's eyes. "I did not want to make an assumption on such a subject. I so very much want to always know what it is you feel before speaking. And for what it's worth..."

She pushed up on her toes, lips meeting with Taeli's as she then whispered. "I want to be part of any future that holds you in it, whether or not we have children. As I told you before, earlier in the day Taeli, you are all that I could have ever asked for or wanted." Fiolette stopped short of the three little words and instead kissed Taeli again. Yes this was enough, it would always be enough - Taeli was enough.

- Fin -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom