Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Stormvale [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette's eyes followed Taeli, the soft look of the azure orbs shifted with emotion.

Relief, tension gone from her body as she knew not how Taeli would react or what she would say in return. The feelings that swirled now could be described as optimistic, she was beyond herself at the moment but her expression remained soft. "I very much want this all to work, and it is a lot, all of this." She gestured to the study as if to say the entire home. They had gone from casual one nights to a brief time together on Genesia and now here they were just starting to make a life together. Which meant sharing more than just a night and a bed, it meant truly putting themselves out for the other. Vulnerabilities that they normally would now show to others, were shown to one another.

"Protocol and etiquette nothing quite like it on Galidraan."

"Though I envy the freedom you had in your childhood, however; I am grateful for it. It has made you who you are today." A woman of whom Fiolette deeply cared for.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

"I'm grateful for my upbringing as well," she laughed, smiling. "Mom and Dad always encouraged me to do whatever I wanted, pursue whatever activities or dreams I wanted. It made it a very free life, but maybe... not as rigid as it could have been. Mandalorian mom sure, but she was retired from the life and only taught me discipline through fencing. Everything else... well... had to experience everything on my own. Although, I'm appreciative of your upbringing too as it also made you who you are. Plus I get to study the Galidraani way of life."

The last was added with an ever so slight tease in her voice, and an ever so slight hint at... something else.

"Do you like the desk dear?" she asked, her eyes dancing. "Handcarved from some Wookiee craftsmen on Kashyyyk, had it imported and custom made. Very... sturdy."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette did admire the desk but what she admired most was the woman sitting beside it. The Galidraani rose from the sofa and quietly collected her necklace and placed it on an end table, "allow me to show you just how much I appreciate you." Her voice was whisper quiet and as the woman crossed the small study, her hand pulled at her girlfriend's hand. She intertwined their fingers and got to her knees so that she could look up into those violet eyes. The room seemed to fade and blur because the only person she could see clearly was Taeli, for all their wealth Fiolette felt in the moment she didn't need any of it. No, no she did not need any of it for what she wanted was right here. Fiolette's voice cracked, the Admiral's emotions began to show, "there will be nothing in this life that I could ever want more than you."

[media]https://youtu.be/BYaG-Fd7gAU[/media]​
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

After Fiolette and Taeli got done showing how much they appreciated each other, and Taeli was definitely now considering getting additional furniture from Kashyyyk and praying to the Force no one heard them, they had retired to the estate's main library. The room, more so than the attic library, was more for their general guests to peruse to their desire. Books on many subjects were on the shelves, along with datapads and electronic data storage devices. Small reading nooks were tucked away near the windows, and two terminals for the electronic sources quietly hummed.

In the center of the room, the portable holo-projector was active, flickering through different classes of ships that the Sith-Imperial navy fielded, along with their own company's ships. With Taeli being a public Sith Lady again, and Fiolette as a Rear Admiral, they needed to create a fleet composition they both would like.

"Definitely not an overabundance of battlecruisers," she said, swiping right on her datapad. "Plenty of firepower, but maneuvers are a nightmare. What do you think, Fio?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
"I wholeheartedly agree," having experienced this first hand over Dubrillion, "but understand if we're placing a large vessel such as the Behemoth or Song of Truth or any super star destroyer, then automatically we're handicapped in maneuverability."

She sat back in her seat, shoulder to the back of the chair as her azure gaze turned from the holoprojector to Taeli, "so what I need to know is what your focus will be with your vessel. What is your overall goal, are we working with a carrier, a long-range vessel, or a vessel that works best in close range. A lot of times these ships pick a bit of a specialty and run with it and then with that knowledge we can build the fleet around that. Or, we can build the fleet first and just have the ship compliment it, which brings me back to, what your purpose with this fleet is."

"We can certainly field for maneuverability and speed but often times, we'll have to sacrifice firepower or defense for it." Creating a fleet composition was a balancing act at best, which was why most Imperial nations had several different fleets that enabled versatility. "Example one of the problems I faced was in fact what we're focused on here, which was this nightmare situation of being cut off from command not knowing if I was going to get reinforcements and dealing with a large force that could not turn nearly as fast as my opponent which often left the Behemoth vulnerable even with all her weapons." Rearguard's valiant service notwithstanding, incredibly the War Fleet continued to swing at the Dominion fleet but lost a lot of good men and women at the end of it all.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"We will certainly not be building something like the Behemoth or Goliath," she said, smiling. "Not exactly my tastes. No, I think we'll focus on long-range for armaments for the main ship, with strong defensive systems because I see it being more of a... science vessel. Something that can hold its own in a fight, but is mainly used for developing new things for the Empire."

Let the Emperor and his Shadow Hand be loud and proud, with big guns. She was quite content with sticking more to the shadows, to working on her various projects... and then crushing any enemies of the Empire they encountered.

"But you're the naval expert, Fio," she said, giving her girlfriend praise. Sure, Taeli had commanded fleets before, but she was definitely not a naval officer nor ever aspired to be one. She knew her limitations, and anyways, she much preferred a personal touch when it came to combat. Easier to observe and study a subject. "What do you think would work best with that? Oh, and very likely to install cloaking capabilities on the ship the Emperor is allowing me to commission."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette blushed at the words, "I appreciate your confidence." She took the praise as given looked at the brunette with a soft smile. "I see, well stealth aside if we're looking at long range science." A small pause as the thought of a long project came to mind. "Presumably the sensors here are going to be phenomenal but what we will need additional vessels in case something or someone were to compromise this one. Next we need to look at screens for missiles and starfighters, twas the doctrine of the Alliance and continues to be the method for many of the rebel cells that we have come across recently." She shifted in her seat and pulled up the information complied from previous encounters namely Dubrillion.

"While long range is great, the problem is enemy vessels scarcely stay at long range..."

She switched the data and brought up ships already within the Sith Empire, Aurora Industries and Primo Victoria. "Are you wanting to work exclusively with Sith Empire ships, or are we throwing our own personal flotillas into the mix?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Oh don't I know it," Taeli said as Fiolette mentioned the Alliance and the rebels loved their fighters and missiles. She would swear on every past great Sith that Coren would have some issues when someone mentioned a new blastboat design or a new starfighter that could be used against the dark. Then again, he had that reaction a lot when fighting the dark forces of the galaxy came up. Regardless, it was the truth of the matter that the rebels and light forces loved the use of fighters and smaller ships.

"As for fielding our own forces... I'm inclined to say we have ships made available, but crewed by Sith-Imperial forces. No need to actually risk the company fleets themselves, or our employees," she added. One had to keep their power base strong, which was just one reason why she had once again dispatched her Order of Shadows across the galaxy. Not so much for infiltration this time, but they all had projects or tasks assigned to them that would only strengthen the Sith position.

"Keep our options open, as it were."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Well, I have been working on something with an answer to those pesky starfighters." Fiolette sat back and brought up the Revanche preliminary stats. "Utilizing your ion, flak, and mass driver cannons. We could field her as part of a larger screen force, and yes I agree we can always build new ships but personnel are not replacable." She tucked her tongue to one side of her mouth and thought for a moment. "May I see what you have in mind for preliminary ratings on your ship, if you have them avaliable." The naval commander was starting to think, "I am considering something along the lines of a flexible screens."

"And perhaps tea?" She offered and rose from her seat with a smile, "Mr. Carrington please send Miss Wheeler with tea."

"Of course," he responded through Stormvale's house communications.

A hand on the button she was about to release when Mr. Carrington replied, "and shall I send Miss Ahern up?"

"Yes, her Ladyship and I shall see her up in the main library."

"Straight away, and your papers have come through. I'll send them up with Miss Wheeler."

"Wonderful." Fiolette released the button and walked back to the main projector. "Tea and new help, such good timing."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Jaxson and I put together some initial benchmarks for the ship, yes," Taeli said, sending the information to Fiolette's datapad. Defenses had to be on the extreme end, for a multitude of reasons. She wasn't adverse for weapons being high, but she definitely wanted a decent size hangar on this thing. Speed and maneuverability on this thing though... it was a Super Star Destroyer, it wasn't gonna be winning any races, to begin with. She did like the design for the Revanche, and of course, she absolutely loved that her company's weapon systems were seeing wider use.

"You Galidraani definitely are... punctual," Taeli chuckled. Everything ran like clockwork, in an almost eerie way. If she didn't know any better, she would say all Galidraani had some latent Force Sensitivity or hive mind. It was just uncanny to her. "I'm still not convinced I need a personal maid, Fio."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"She's more than just a maid darling, you'll see." Fiolette said with a smile just as Miss Wheeler arrived with papers, tea and Miss Ahern in tow. Miss Ahern looked soft, quiet and Fiolette greeted her in kind. "Welcome MIss Ahern, right this way, and thank you Miss Wheeler. You may set the tea there." Fiolette took the paperwork from the tray and read through it, eyes scanned through several documents as she headed back for her seat. She set the paperwork down beside the projector controls, basic registry for name had been complete. Albion Minerals and Resources a subsidary of Primo Victorian Shipwright now registered at Ravelin.

Miss Ahern was force sensitive that much would be evident to Taeli. "Allo mi'lady, I am Rose Ahern me father recommended I apply and after speakin' with Mr. Carrington I hope I can be of great help around here." Rose spoke softly and one could scarcely hear her. Fiolette looked over at Taeli and then back at Rose. Miss Wheeler looked over at Fiolette a moment before seeing the small nod for her to go, and without further ado Miss Wheeler excused herself.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

More than just a maid? Taeli's eyebrow raised, but she said nothing as Miss Wheeler and the younger girl entered behind her. The very first thing she noticed, well besides the bright blue eyes, wavy blonde hair, and face that would anyone would trust, was Miss Ahern's Force Sensitivity. Oh now, that was interesting. If she could guess by the girl's accent, southern Galidraan? She would figure out the accent regions as she got more used to this world, but she was fairly certain of this.

"Tell us about yourself Miss Ahern," Taeli said, crossing her legs. She would talk with the girl, in private, about her gifts. She wondered if she was aware of them. The answer was likely she was at some level, but Taeli had a flash of what the girl could be. Personal maid, and a secret bodyguard. The girl felt ambitious, that was good. An Order of Shadows adept in the making.

"You come highly regarded, but flimsi only tells us so much," she continued saying.

Fiolette Fortan

F
The blonde haired woman looked over at her new employer and gave her a bright smile, "well aside from workin' I like ta read up and study a bit of science, me grandfather was a pharmacist and as there's been such great movements for advancement now that the Empire's taken over. 'Ve got me a few ideas of what I'd like ta do after my time 'ere." She was honest and yes, a touch ambitious which her father had always said was never a bad thing. And honesty would get you everywhere she found, and yet beneath the wonderful unsuspecting exterior linked the notion to do more with her talents.

Fiolette took the time arrange tea, and make notes about the staff. Mr. Jephcots ran their stables and garage, they had Mr. Carrington the butler, and the two footmen Mr. Barbary and Mr. Suthmeer, the cook Mrs. Hicks, and the two maids Miss Wheeler and Miss Ahern. They needed a lady in charge of the maids and groundskeepers she shifted her lips to one side and looked over at Taeli and then over at Miss Ahern. Ah, and help for Mrs. Hicks that would be a good she thought to herself. "You sound like you've got a solid idea about you and your future Miss Ahern, always good to have." Having fixed up tea she took a sip and sighed with contentment. "And that is a proper cup of tea."

"So darling, shall we return to our planning or would you perhaps care for a walk around the gardens? We could continue our discussion and give Miss Ahern time to settle in?"

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Yes, get yourself settled in, Miss Ahern," Taeli said. Still weird to give that kind of order, and she suspected it would be for at least several more months at least. "We will have... much to discuss later." Honing her Force talents would be high on her priority list, as well as laying down a few ground rules for Taeli's ease of mind. Perhaps once the girl was done as a maid, Taeli might employ her in Aurora Industries along with keeping her in the Order of Shadows. Time would tell. The young girl gave a curtsy and left the room.

"A walk in the gardens and talking business would be lovely," Taeli responded, fixing herself her own cup of tea. A small application of the Force cooled it to where she liked it, a little cryokinesis.

Fiolette Fortan

F
When tea had been concluded, Fiolette led Taeli down to the gardens the heat of the day had just past them by and a cool breeze settled around them. Nevertheless, she held an umbrella to keep the sunlight away, her eyes fell to Taeli's form. Small realizations on just how much she wanted to lose herself to the other woman, taking a breath she exhaled and smiled as they passed Raven's End and headed for the hedge maze with the ground parcade at their back. "I thought we could talk and walk a bit, you mentioned perhaps utilizing our own personnel flotillas. Though, I believe that might give us away, not that I'm against showing off our own might..."

"Just, easier, to remain anonymous as it were, utilizing ships from the Empire."

"I say this because while I certainly admire and enjoy the work you put into Aurora Industries, it is that your flotilla does standout against the rather bland wedge shape design of the Empire." She said with a smile knowing full well that everything she's thus far pushed out has been of the same design. "If I recall, defenses set to extreme and weapons at a high rating with a decent hangar and given the sheer size of this beast I imagine that low and very low will be friends when it comes to speed and manuverability."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"True, we have been leaning towards a different design aesthetic," Taeli laughed. While she was an Imperial at heart, and always would be, she had to admit that sometimes one needed to see ships besides the iconic wedge-shape. She also wasn't too concerned about giving away who they were, mostly because... people would already know her. Like it or not, and it did make her giddy, she had left her mark on the galaxy already at the age of thirty-five. And she wasn't even close to being done.

"We'll stick with the Imperial designs then," she said. "If anything, we can overhaul our command portion with our armaments and tech. Make them... a bit more than standard Sith-Imperial fare. And yes, extreme defenses, high firepower, an average sized hangar, and a ship that big is not going to be friendly with speed or maneuverability."

She couldn't mention that the Emperor was already utilizing Aurora weapons in the secret fleet.

"What are your thoughts, my dear?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
A smile on Fiolette's face as Taeli laughed, a soft chuckle in return as they walked through the gardens. "I would hope so," the Galidraani returned, beamed really she was quite proud to be with Taeli and proud of her at the same time. "After all, we're the heads of two very powerful companies armament and technology for this ship should be more than just standard Imperial fare." She gave the Lorrdian a raise brow and a smile that went along with her playful tone. "And no it won't be, however considering that you're looking at long range the job then falls to our armament to eliminate before they come into standard range. Once they are in standard range it then falls to our attack and intercept lines."

"Other than that, I should be very interested in preliminary designs once you've completed them," Fiolette concluded her thoughts on the matter and looked over at the hedge maze. Her blue eyes took in the sight of the gardens, and how much it reminded her of Galidraan. Perhaps too much, for as much as she enjoyed the life there she had not enjoyed what it was. When the Sith Empire took over, it marked a quick start of progression. No more trophy wives, no more needing to produce heirs heaven help them all she thought a moment. Not that the Sith Emipre's arrival would shovel out centuries worth of tradition but it was, as she felt, a good start.

She trusted that whatever Taeli had in mind for their fleet would be right by her and as they walked through the gardens the steady winds of Bastion passed them by. Umbrella in one hand, providing relief from the sun for herself and her girlfriend. Fiolette allowed silence to fall between them before broaching the upcoming invasion of Gree. "Since it is that I am between commands, for the moment, I wondered if I might accompany you on Gree."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Designs are being drawn up even as we speak," she responded, smiling. She was enjoying the walk through the garden, but she felt like they were missing a few things here. A small reading area maybe, tucked away and hidden in the maze. "We've slated construction, once it begins, to be at the Pluthan Asteroids. Aurora has a secret shipyard out there after all. I would feel better knowing my engineers had a say in designing and building the thing. No offense to the Empire's engineers, but I heard about the design flaw with the AXIOS AI on the Behemoth. Not going to happen on mine."

But, as Fiolette brought up, those plans would need to be delayed slightly as the Sith Empire began preparing for retaliation against the rebels. Tracking had placed them in the Gree Enclave, an odd choice for a base she thought. Taeli and Prazutis had been discussing... dredging up something from the past. She had seen a Lotek'k at Atrisia, and ever since, she had wanted to study it and the beings who once tried to summon and control it before. The Dread Masters.

"If that is what you want to do," she said, a slight look of concern on her face. She didn't know how well Fiolette could handle enemies on the ground, especially if she encountered any Jedi or other Force users. "Have you... um... ever fought on the ground before? We're going to Asation, and likely going to be drawing a lot of attention from the Jedi."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Yes that was quite the adventure," she said in regards to Axios. "Thankfully there was a manual override otherwise I hate to think of what the Behemoth would have become." Fiolette walked beside Taeli through the gardens as they spoke. She listened as Taeli mentioned the Pluthan Asteroids, a shipyard - secret of course. "I'm sure the design will be wonderful." Designing the ship would take time and of course time is what they had the luxury of. For now anyway, she looked at their surroundings and felt at ease the comfort brought by the homely front relaxed the admiral greatly. Of course when the Lorrdian beside her spoke about Gree and the upcoming invasion, the woman paused.

There was concern in Taeli's voice.

"Decades ago, when I was fresh out of boot camp was nothing more than a grunt with a rank and number, otherwise no. Nor have I actually faced down a Jedi though I don't expect to exactly best them in combat. If anything, a simple roadblock." She was simply looking to diversify of course it came at the worst time. "Of course I can always sit in orbit and watch from there, but given the last time. I thought it best to let Denko take the reigns this time." Or whoever the Empire decided to cast at the fleet. "I've been speaking with Captain Tarkin of the 52nd, he and I served in the First Order together and I hadn't realized he had transferred here. He's offered to give me a few tips about the armor I had done for them."

"I can sword fight, and am trained in close combat mostly in the event of boardings so I won't exactly be a push over."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli was silent as they continued walking, an ever so slight frown born of worry playing on her lips. She could understand that Fiolette might occasionally get a little stir crazy being on a ship all the time during a battle, but... she hadn't fought on the ground since her training days... and she had never fought a Force user... oh dear. She might be getting some new armor made up, but Taeli couldn't help the worry intensifying. These Rebel Alliance Force users were... extreme to say the least. A step or two away from the line so to speak. Well, she certainly was going to have a say in Fiolette's survival in the coming campaign because she knew these bloody rebels had no qualms when it came to killing.

"Well, I think we can make you more than just a simple roadblock," Taeli finally said. "After our meeting with Carrington, you and I are going to spar. And we're going to spar every day until the operation so you can have some experience in fighting against a Force user. I am not risking some overzealous borderline Jedi harming you..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom