Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Stormvale [Taeli]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Stormvale Manor

Ravelin, Bastion
The Suite, Downton Abbey Soundtrack, Chamber Orchestra of London
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

The routines of Stormvale had taken some time to get used to, for Fiolette it was an old memory.

For Taeli - this was more than just getting used to it. It was an absolute change in lifestyle, rooted in the Galidraani world and customs that the Rear Admiral had been raised in. Stormvale very much operated like an estate of old. While on minimal staff at all times life at Stormvale had finally returned after decades of dust. Restoration cost but a small fortune that neither Fiolette nor her lover seemed to miss. Stormvale's halls moved lightly with the help working to keep it tidy and clean, the stables outside the manor were alive as the horses brought in from Galidraan were taken out for their walk. Vegetables from the green house were brought in for the cook and the vehicles were ran through a series of tests out in the maintenance parcade.

Mr. Kenth Carrington Stormvale's butler worked to keep the help moving along. "No, I have told you at least twice now the Admiral and her Ladyship are not to be disturbed."

"It's nearly ten in the morning, most of the day has gone by," young Mr. Barbary interjected, "should I go and tell Mrs. Hicks to prepare anything? Larder's been sorted by now."

"You will go and help Mr. Jephcots with the stables if you continue on Mr. Barbary," Carrington replied with a raised brow. "When the Admiral and her Ladyship have risen for breakfast I shall be sure to inform Mrs. Hicks."

Ran Barbary had been one of the younger staffers brought on and rather than try to argue with Carrington he gave the man a mock salute and proceeded about his duties around the manor. Carrington let out a sigh as he watched Barbary set off for his duties, Miss Jynne Wheeler quietly cleared her throat to get the man's attention. When he turned he gave her a warm enough smile, "good morning Miss Wheeler how can I help you?"

"The Admiral had wondered if the morning paper could be brought up along with a spot of caf and tea for her and Lady Raaf."

"Of co-"

Mrs. Hicks must have been informed already as she called out for Miss Wheeler before Mr. Carrington could finish his sentence. Miss Wheeler gave him a smile, a polite nod and stepped around him and headed for the kitchen to fetch the tray. "Here you are love, caf and tea. Paper and magazines were brought in this morning by Ran."

One of the footmen rushed to Miss Wheeler's side, "here you are Jynne paper and magazines." Carefully he set them on the tray before she could move ensuring they were in their proper places. Deonis Suthmeer was a gentle enough boy, a little older than Ran but not nearly as harsh nor as ambitious. Soft look about his face although he stood at six foot two with pale hair to match he set his hands behind his back and watched as Jynne quietly ascended the stairs and headed for the Admiral and Lady's room. Stormvale's halls had been restored to their beautiful glow. White paint complimented the royal blue carpets that Miss Wheeler now crossed. Statues of its time as a military fortress also echoed throughout the hall as it led down to the master suite. A simple knock on the door and an announcement, followed by a three count before she opened the door.

"Good morning Miss Wheeler, and thank you so much."

"No problem at all your ladyships, here you are. Caf, tea, papers and magazines, is there anything else that I can assist you with?"

Fiolette smiled a moment as she looked over at Taeli and then turned to address Miss Wheeler. "No, not at the moment thank you and give Mrs. Hicks my best, oh and inform Mr. Carrington when he has time to meet with me in the sitting room. I'd like to go over schedules for the week with him."

"Of course ma'am," Miss Wheeler gave a small nod of respect and quietly left the room.

The redhead slid her hand underneath Taeli's form. "Darling, tea." She gave the woman a kiss on the cheek, "morning papers and your magazines." Sitting up in bed Fiolette adjusted the tray as she waited for Taeli to actually sit up and wake. "I know the sun is quite unkind but Miss Wheeler did leave the curtains down for you."

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

There was a tired grunt into the pillow as Miss Wheeler arrived, Taeli lying face down on the bed. She was half listening to their discussion, opting not to move at the moment. She was comfy and really did not want to move, or fully wake up for that matter. The hand that slid underneath her form brought a small smile to her lips, along with the mention of tea. Blinking dazedly, she roused herself to actually get up and sit against the head board of their bed.

"I am still not used to that," she said sleepily, taking the cup of tea and the top magazine pad. "You Galidraani have such... odd customs. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm still not used to it."

Which was saying something as she was a Sith Lady with a vast power base, with an army of Sith Adepts, soldiers, scientists, and so on all working for her. But servants, actual domestic servants? She had never needed them or had even entertained the idea of getting any. Maybe it was because, before they purchased and renovated this estate, she kept quarters at her various labs and those didn't need a household staff.

"Blessed that she kept the curtains closed," she added, glancing down at her copy of Galactic Archaeology Weekly and taking a sip of her tea.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"All in good time my dear," Fiolette said with a smile as she fixed her cup of caf.

Galidraan had a way about it, everyone had a place and everyone knew their places. Traditions and customs rooted in the four hundred years of darkness were scarcely traded away. Their fear of change sometimes forced them into this way, but on the other hand, the want and sometimes need to keep these traditions and customs. Made them feel unique in the galaxy. Perhaps it lent itself to their haughty attitude and strong wills, "indeed although we still need to discuss your personal maid, Miss Moynihan does suggest Miss Wheeler since you are quite familiar with her or perhaps Miss Ahern who I believe is set to arrive today."

Fiolette did find Taeli's adjustment to this lifestyle quite adorable. A woman who was quite powerful all on her own, with employees, soldiers, scientist and young Sith adepts who answered to her. Double agents who had helped in her grand masterpiece but domestic servants? A homestead? It all seemed so new, and yet the Rear Admiral found it all the better to watch. No more did Taeli have to sleep at the labs no, she now had a home to come to a place to rest her head. And that place was here at Stormvale with the Galidraani woman who now opened up the Ravelin Gazette. "Mhmm and you are more than welcomed to come with me to meet with Mr. Carrington later today by the way, after all, you are the only other resident here."

The Rear Admiral checked the chronometer on her bedside table as she held the cup of caf in one hand. "Lucy should be awake by now, either in one of the libraries or making her way to the stables as we speak." She brought the caf to her lips and sipped, "oh and ... Yasha Mantis will be here later this coming week." Fiolette followed up with an explanation, "I am the godmother of her daughter Adara so she is coming by so that I might meet the darling."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli made a face as Fiolette mentioned a personal maid. She really did not need one... but these Galidraani absolutely insisted on such things. Apparently, from what she had been reading about the culture, it was expected that a Galidraani noble or high-ranking member of society had both a household staff and a personal servant. She... really did not understand the practice. She had seen the Dark Lord with his servants of course, but she had always assumed it was either a Panathan thing or Kaine showing off his power. And, she remembered from her days with the Republic that Senators would have aides and such for everything.

"I'll review who I want later," Taeli sighed, flipping through the magazine with one hand, the other firmly holding her tea. "And I suppose you are right that I should be there for your meeting with Carrington."

Again, it just felt so odd to say and plan to do. A smile did come to her face again when Fiolette mentioned her daughter. She had met her on Cadomai and had immediately enjoyed the younger woman's company. Respectful, supportive, with a good head on her shoulders. It did strike it a little closer to home to her that Fiolette had had another life, had other children, but she had enjoyed talking with Lucy. The mention of Mand'alor the Infernal did surprise her though, especially that Fio was the godmother of Mantis's child.

"Interesting," she said, sipping her tea. "I didn't realize your connection with the Mand'alor was so personal."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette looked over just in time to catch the scrunch of Taeli's nose at the idea of a personal maid. "Honestly, I would suggest Miss Wheeler but then I have yet to meet Miss Ahern and I'm sure she is a lovely young woman at least from the recommendations. Her father James Ahern had been a well respected officer of the local militia." Which only meant good things from Fiolette's perspective but then she knew what it was like for the help to try and bustle their way in on the good graces of a noble house. Although, Fiolette would scarcely admit to being anything remotely close to noble not especially since she had been torn from the Fortan family tree quicker than a nexu on its prey.

She turned the page of the Gazette and continued to read articles on the local muncipality and the continued headline that was finished off on page four. Another sip of her caf as she shifted in their bed and briefly stole a look from Taeli who was engaged in a rather interesting looking article from the magazine she was reading. "Mhmm yes, it will help him immensely if he knows our routines and then the help can adjust theirs." From their bedroom a window overlooked the front of the home where the horses were walked and the cars were taken out as well. Taeli found it rather strange that Fiolette had imported several of these 'cars' from Galidraan. It was quite the amusing conversation to say the least, "ah the Mand'alor she is a stunning young woman and when I met her she had just found out she was pregnant and knew of almost no one else to turn to for advice."

"At the time I had my own plans with Primo Victoria, and yet..." Fiolette paused as she set her cup of caf down and turned to look at Taeli. "I felt some form of maternal instinct to assist her. No young woman should go through her pregnancy alone, and most especially without guidance from an older woman who has had children. Her own mother had passed and..." It was only natural for Fiolette to step in and thus formed the close bonds with the Mand'alor.

Fiolette's lips pursed together and then she turned back to the Gazette and turned it over to the leisure section setting the main pages aside for Taeli to read at her own time. "You know what we need to do darling, we need to go over your fleet plans later on, maybe after brunch - to which end. Should I inform Mrs. Hicks to prepare something? Fairly certain she's been eager to make an actual meal this entire morning."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"Useful to be so close to the Mand'alor," Taeli said, closing the magazine. She would review the others after brunch and getting ready for the day, possibly in the study. She was intrigued by the one article she read from an Obroa-Skai professor and his project on Malrev IV. It was nice to see that Fiolette still had a strong maternal instinct, probably something that had to do with her actual age. Not that anyone would know from looking at her girlfriend if she didn't say so herself. Professional pride and all that in her own spellwork.

Her stomach gave a loud rumble, and she flushed immediately.

"I suppose brunch is not a bad idea," she chuckled. "Although... that does mean getting out of bed and actually dressed. Then we can start planning out the fleet composition... and we will need to start discussing the ahem flagship."

When the Emperor rewarded someone, he definitely rewarded someone.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"I suppose." Fiolette concluded with regards to being close to the Mand'alor.

Quietly she set her cup of caf down and lifted the tray away from herself and Taeli. "And yes, this does require getting out of bed and putting on actual clothes." The redhead swung her feet down and took a moment to drink in the sight of the Bastion sun high in the sky with the greens of the gardens reflecting back. Yes, Stormvale felt quite fitting for her and Taeli. Fiolette rose from the bed headed for her wardrobe. Along the way she made the call down to the kitchen. "Mrs. Hicks if you would be so kind, her ladyship and I shall arrive shortly to the dining room for brunch, and if Miss Wheeler would be so kind as to fetch Lucy."

"Right away, Admiral!"

Fiolette smile was almost immediate. When the holo was cut, she looked over at Taeli. "She's such a dear, I treasure her already."

"And yes, actually discuss the design this time? Mhmm? Last time we attempted such a feat one of us ended up without our trousers and the other seemingly lost her blouse," the redhead added with a wink as she took down a dress. "Oh well this looks quite lovely, and the sun is actually out today." A gorgeous simple dress that was a lovely shade of emerald, covered her shoulders and kept her legs sheltered from the sun. Wordlessly she placed the dress on the bed and looked over at her jewelry box.

In a matter of moments, Fiolette emerged from their room in her green dress with the large necklace she had inherited from her great grandmother around her neck, and an emerald ring fashioned in similiar form to the sapphire ring an old friend had given to her so long ago. "Good morning Mr. Gillis, a pleasure to see you and yes we are quite happy with the carpentry. Oh, her ladyship is just finishing up and I am certain that Mr. Carrington has the rest of her orders."

"Ah there you are Mr. Gillis," Mr. Barbary called out, "deeply sorry Admiral, right this way Mr. Gillis."

"Speak of the darling, shall we?" She extended her arm for Taeli, "Mr. Gillis the carpenter just arrived to finish off the last of your orders for the attic library's expansion."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"I didn't hear you complaining," Taeli huffed, smiling despite it. She reluctantly got out of bed to ready herself and dress for the day. Whereas Fiolette had opted for a simple green dress, Taeli had gone for... something else. A long purple and blue dress and robes, the material rather floaty and deceptively light. She kept the hood of the robes down at the moment, and to finish the ensemble, she placed a ring embedded with a Lignan crystal on her finger and gold bands around her elbows to keep her sleeves mostly in place.

Emerging from the bedroom, she saw Fiolette speaking with... oh she would get the names right eventually, at least for the staff. Gillis she recognized because, on top of his carpentry, she had made a few special requests for her private library.

"Oh good," she said, smiling as Fiolette wrapped her arm around hers and they started down to the dining room. "I can finally start moving my books into it then. Well... some of them anyways, and definitely not anything that might be dangerous or tempting for thieves. I'll keep those on Horizon, which you have to come see one day soon dear."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"You look splendid by the way my dear," Fiolette complimented softly as they descended the stairs together, Stormvale's grand room presented itself plainly. "And yes, but you will most certainly not move them on your own. Mr. Carrington will have Mr. Suthmeer and Barbary assist you with such matters." After all what was the point of having help if you did not use them. Busts from Stormvale's time as a university decorated the main floor, portraits and paintings from the same era also lined its frame work. Massive windows allowed the Bastion sun to dance into the home as they crossed the threshold from the grand room and into the dining room where already waiting for them.

"Mom," Lucy greeted as she rose from the table, "Taeli, you both look lovely this morning."

Fiolette nodded in kind to her daughter, "thank you, and you my dear look absolutely delightful where did you get this?"

"Oh! There was this dressmaker that one of the other ensigns recommended and I thought to stop off for a spell or two, isn't just remarkable?" Lucy twirled in her light dress, and took her seat to her mother's left leaving the right side of the table to Taeli respectively. "I am so grateful that you're both up and about now, I've been meaning to speak with both of you actually."

The older woman looked a little surprise, "certainly darling what is it that you wish to discuss?"

The table had been set out properly, plate in line with the chair and measured an inch from the edge of the table. Fork, knives and spoon set out as per etiquette that had been conducted with the same percision as the plate. Salt and pepper shakers laid out before each plate setting and the butter dish set conviently between the three plates. While most saw it as absurd or assinine to have such strict ways about the table the Galidraan culture saw it was clean and precise. A matter of discipline and manners, and as Mr. Suthmeer emerged from the kitchen and began to serve brunch. Lucy had the time to gather her thoughts as she wondered how best to approach it. "Given as I have now been moved to service here within the Sith Empire, I had wondered if it might be best for me to claim this as my home?"

"Perhaps to put it more plainly, moving into Stormvale if it isn't too much trouble."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"You look splendid as well," Taeli replied as they walked. She was able to stop her nose scrunching as Fiolette mentioned that the house staff could help move her books and such into her private library. She could do this... she could get used to this... and maybe if she kept telling herself that, she might actually believe it eventually. The dining hall was impressive, both women had insisted on it being restored to its former grandeur. The same could be said for the rest of the house, although Taeli had also absolutely insisted that modern technology be incorporated into the house.

"Good morning, Lucy," she said in greeting, smiling at Fiolette's daughter. Taking her place at the table, she glanced down at the settings and just internally sighed. So much etiquette, was it really all necessary? But she wasn't going to complain, just... wonder why. She tilted her head as Lucy mentioned she had something she wanted to talk to them both about as... ummmmm oh she would remember the name eventually... Suthmeer? yes that was it.

Lucy living at the manor? Hmm

"I don't have an issue with it," Taeli said, completely unsure if it was okay to start eating yet. "We have more than enough space."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Brunch had been served and Mr. Suthmeer took a step back, Fiolette's hand over her fork prompted the start of the meal. Lucy set about having butter on her toast and waited to hear from her mother. For her part the Galidraani waited until she had finished chewing. "Certainly darling, you're more than welcomed to set up here. Stormvale is as much yours as it is ours." She set her fork down and took a hand to the cup of caf that had been poured. "Thank you so much Mr. Suthmeer."

"Oh splendid!" Lucy was quite excited over this prospect. "The house is quite lovely and it is so nice to see you embracing old Galidraani traditions again, mom." Butter and jam on toast the blonde finally had a bit of breakfast before speaking with Taeli. "And, I am grateful for your acceptance of old world customs, Taeli. Truly." Tea sipped and placed back down, "we can be quite ... obstinanate to put it mildly."

"Mildly she says," Fiolette responds with a raised brow. "I agree and am perhaps even more grateful that you've put with me and all of this, thus far." She gestured to the home itself. It was a lot more than a lot, to be honest a lifestyle change altogether. Servants to do this or that - and yes Taeli was more than capable of doing things for herself however part of having servants was providing an economic benefit and keeping people employeed through one method or another. At least that was part of the Galidraani aristocracy point of view.

Lucy waited a few more moments, "and there is one other thing, mom."

"Mhmm?"

"I had a talk with dad."

Fiolette's full attention went to Lucy, utensils down, hands in her lap the redhead focused her azure gaze on her daughter. It was not that she and Josef were uncivil quite the contrary they were still good friends and he last she knew had been able to secure their younger two girls. So when Lucy said she had spoken with the former Chief Petty Officer Josef Yvarro. Her full attention would be given to the young woman so that she might fully explain herself.

"And, he's good he asked about you and I told him..."

"Told him..." She waited for Lucy to finish.

"Well, I might have mentioned that you had reestablished yourself here and..."

"Oh do please get on with it."

"So he may be inquiring on when it would be most appropriate for he and my sisters to arrive."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Ah okay, now it was safe to eat. These Galidraani dining customs and etiquette might just be the death of her. So many rules, ugh. Still, the topic of conversation was well enough and brunch was delicious as she started in on her meal. As an added bonus, at least in Taeli's eyes, Lucy staying here meant the house would be more full... and she would not be under as much scrutiny if she messed up some silly custom rule. Was there a book on these things? Or maybe a vid series?

Her thoughts came to a screeching halt as Lucy mentioned her father... Fio's ex-husband...

Her features didn't waver, she didn't even stop eating, but Fio would likely recognize that Taeli wanted no part in that conversation. She knew the baggage was there, but to hear that he wanted to visit with the other two daughters made it all the more real.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"We shall discuss it at a later time," Fiolette was fairly firm on that and shot Lucy a look to not mention it again. The challenge now was to find a subject that could break the tension, "so I hear you're being stationed close to Bastion?"

"Yes, actually, I thought that I was going to be aboard a ship for the next six months but turns out I need to complete the Sith-Imperial medical programme so I have another six to eight months of schooling here," Lucy remarked knowing full well when her mother meant to drop a subject, that that was exactly what needed to happen. She looked over at Taeli a moment and then back at her mother, quietly she kept to her plate until spoken to once more.

Fiolette set her cup of caf down and looked over at Taeli, "Taeli will have the attic library complete here shortly, Lucy."

"Oh? Lovely, I've had a wonderful morning in the main library. Mind if I borrow one or two books? I've heard clinicals can be a bit of a hurry up and wait situation," she took her cue to bring Taeli back into the conversation. She could not however imagine what the other woman was feeling, as it had not dawned on the blonde to consider her in the matter. Thankfully, Fiolette was more than aware, acutely so that Taeli was not in the greatest of positions when it came to their personal lives. Routine and discipline of the Galidraan often lent themselves to the Imperials as it quite matched with what they were used to. It sparked a small idea within Fiolette's mind but for the moment she set it aside.

"Lucy, Taeli and I have several things to get done for work today, will you be alright on your own?"

"Certainly, I see you've brought the horses over so perhaps I shall go for a ride today and see the country side."

"If you need assistance with anything be sure to holo in."

Lucy gave a nod of acknowledgment and continued on with her meal.

Fiolette looked over at Taeli, and quietly slid her right hand beneath the table taking a moment to take the Lorrdian's left hand in hers. A gentle squeeze of reassurance was followed by a look, she understood. While she supposed the subject would've needed to be broached sooner or later, perhaps sooner was not necessarily the greatest time. Then again, rarely did one have control over the timing of the conversation. "We shall see you for dinner then, unless you would like to meet with Mr. Carrington later on today while we give him our schedules?"

"Yes actually, perhaps a family meeting?" She proposed with a soft smile.

A soften look as Fiolette's hand withdrew from Taeli's and was back atop of the table. "A family meeting this afternoon."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

There was a small smile of relief when the topic turned away from the discussion of the ex. She would prefer that conversation be done privately, so she could also have more time to brace herself for it. But she did want to meet Fio's other two daughters, so she would need to get used to the idea of the ex being in their lives. The mention of her library did bring a full smile to her face, well the attic one anyways. She had... fought to urge to control how the libraries would be filled and left it up to Fio for their more public one.

"By all means, feel free to borrow what you like," she said to Lucy. "I've spent... oh several years putting together my collection, got books and datapads and files on just about every subject. And if I don't, its easy enough to acquire the materials."

Wealth, the wealth of Aurora Industries as a galaxy-spanning company, certainly helped. Hard to believe it had once been one little shipyard on Coruscant during the days of the One Sith. Best thing to happen to the company was when Taeli and Alex took it from Banshee.

"Yes, a family meeting might be best," Taeli said, her eye lighting up for a moment as she felt the reassuring hand.

Fiolette Fortan

F
When brunch had concluded, Fiolette saw Lucy off to the stables and found her way back into Stormvale.

The redheadtook a breath and exhaled, "her ladyship has taken to her personal study, Admiral." Mr. Carringotn informed Fiolette as she looked a bit lost, "are you alright?"

"Fine, thank you Mr. Carrington I'll head up there shortly. If you could, arrange for Mr. Jephcots to watch Lucy while she rides?"

"Of course."

Fiolette gave him a smile and a nod of acknowledgment before she moved to ascend the stairs. Once more Stormvale's halls welcomed her, feet lightly treaded across the carpet as the Bastion sun glowed through the massive windows. Light touched the brightly stained walls before falling onto the carpets, portraits of Bastion's past hung over her while touches of the Sith Empire lingered over head in the forms of banners. When they had began the process of restoration the two decided that their studies would be private but joined by a door and with Dubrillion's invasion done the two now finally had the time to actually add more personal touches to them.

The Galidraani gave a small knock to the study door, "Taeli." Her voice was soft, almost whisper quiet she did not want to disturb her girlfriend. "Oh, well, if you're busy I can come back another time." She noticed that Taeli was adding a few things. "Unless of course you need help."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

It was quiet in her study, just some ambient music from Naboo playing softly in the background. Light was streaming in from the large window, which Taeli had specifically commissioned to be artistically enhanced. Different lead elements had been added into it, creating a kaleidoscope of colors that played through the glass scene that decorated the top part of the window. Bookshelves lined the walls, already starting to groan under the weight of heavy volumes, but more were still packed away in plasteel containers in the corner. Dark woods accentuated the place nicely, imported from only the finest providers.

State of the art communication equipment was tucked away in the far corner, and on the Kashyyyk carved desk rested a few small statuettes of famous philosophers and Sith, and a computer terminal that Taeli and some of Anomid employees had designed themselves. All holographic interfaces, hardlight keyboard that detected the faintest touch, memory core tied into a heavily secure line to her company office on Erilnar. An extremely comfortable chair was sitting behind the desk, and a couch had been placed on the wall opposite the window, squeezed between two end tables that had lamps giving off a soft light.

"No, you can come in," she said. She was just sorting through one of her boxes, pulling out an old and dull beskad. The same one from the incident that sparked her path. "I'm just going through things."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Quietly Fiolette shut the door behind her a hand over the handle, she turned and caught some of the kalidescope colors that poured through the glass stained window. The Galidraani moved across the study and took a moment to admire it. It was a contrast to her own study and office next door, but that's what she enjoyed about Taeli. A lot of what they did seemed to be in contrast and yet in other ways complimented the other. Her blue eyes fell to the desk, "so glad to see it here and in one piece." A smile across her face she knew the desk was made to order specifically for her significant other.

The sofa that had somehow been made to fit between two end tables and lamps, statuettes of some of the philosphers she knew the Sith not so much. Although Fiolette suspected that in time she would know them all by name. As she rounded herself to said sofa, Fiolette slid her hands beneath her dress. She took in the sight of the beskad, "and it all looks so splendid." It was one thing to see it on paper and another to help put it together, but it was nice to see it all put together the way Taeli had wanted it.

"I thought we could talk a moment before diving into work as it were, and might I add that is quite the specimen you have there." Fiolette gestured to the beskad as she relaxed into the sofa.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli watched as Fiolette took in her study, admiring the window especially. If there was one thing that one might not know about Taeli from the outset, it was that she truly loved the arts. Acting and music more than actual art, but she enjoyed it all the same. Her office definitely reflected her mindset and her upbringing. She hadn't seen how Fio was decorating hers, but she was very very sure it was going to be much more... Imperial in nature. Not that it was a bad thing of course.

"A memento from... what started it all for me," she said, placing the beskad on the deep blue carpet. "The boy, a Mandalorian transfer student, and his two goons. He was very proud of this beskad... and it was the last thing he saw when I broke free. I've kept it ever since, to remind me of that time."

She reached into the box again, pulling out a holo-pic frame. It activated at her touch, only at her touch, revealing an image of her adopted parents.

"Yeah, we should talk before we get to work or get distracted like last time," she said, giving Fio a small smile.

Fiolette Fortan

F
The Admiral returned the smile with one of her own. Fiolette looked down a moment and tried to search for the words of how to approach the bombshells of the morning. In the time that they had together talk of Fiolette's past had been strictly surface level. Even at that, she knew from her own experiences that that did not make it any easier. "Firstly I wanted to apologize for this morning. Had I known what Lucy was going to say, I would have stopped her and obviously had a talk." The redhead cleared her throat and drew her attention to the Lorrdian. "Second I do appreciate all that you are accomodating, it is a lot and please understand that I - you do not have to at all. I want us both to feel comfortable and happy here, this is our home after all."

Words were still hard to come by but just like any command meeting it had to get done, "Josef and I. He. We're still friends after, after everything that we've been through. Everything that I've put him through, we're still friends." A pause as she looked at Taeli a moment, "he's a good man," Fiolette had a soft smile.

"We just, we were never really good spouses. Friends who could co-parent their three children? Yes. Ask us to share a home and make a marriage work? No." She cleared her throat again and focused on Taeli again. She shifted again in her seat using the silence between them as an indication for Taeli to say her piece.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

"It's okay, Fio," she said, setting the holo-pic down on the carpet next to the beskad. "I knew it had to be discussed eventually, just was not expecting your daughter to bring it up like that."

She listened to Fiolette explain the situation, how she and her ex were better friends with children than they had been spouses. Taeli knew they had broken it off, but to hear Fiolette say she only felt friendship towards her ex was a relief, as silly as it sounded. She was... still a bit insecure about all of this. She could... see what she really wanted, what she had been missing for years now, and she was loathed to give it up. It was silly. She was a powerful Lady of the Sith, a successful CEO, and yet... she was still... still that college girl at heart.

"I want to make it all work," she said, filling the silence. "Just... give me time to adjust is all. You are dating someone who grew up the daughter of a university professor and his wife. Not exactly big on etiquette or servants in my day to day life." She added the last bit with a teasing smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom