Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Weight of the World, I'll carry It

A man can change his stars
Tho-Yor.jpg

Aboard the Prosperity

The Hyperspace Docking Ring came to real space. Flipping switches, and activating landing protocols, A voice came on over the com system. Asking for my clearance. After giving it, I was permitted to board. Bringing in the Azure Sun down in the Docking bay, It was going to be picked up by the various systems they had in place to store starfighters for Jedi. While mine was based off of a Delta-7 Athersprite, it had been heavily modified and brought to current galactic standards by the REC. Giving me a very fast interceptor that I could use to get around wherever I needed. Adjusting my poncho, I pulled the Com-headset off my head and tossed it into the seat of the ship before the cockpit closed up. Turning around, I found one of the Mobile temple attendees directly behind me.

"Padawan Kaleleon Seleare?"
"Tis."
"You have an invitation to meet with the Sword and Shield Correct?"
"That is what I have been told."
"Please follow me. I will lead you to the two of them. Surprised you are here so early."
"On time is late."

No other communication was made with the woman as she walked ahead of me. Leading me up the stairs through the doors and down the hallways of the Temple. This was a vessel I had never been too before, and considering it was a mobile temple for the Jedi, it made sense why it was kept well out of the way of conventional spaces, and hidden with only specific people allowed. There was a hallowed feeling within. Knowing the little research I did about the invitation was that this was used when Coruscant had been attacked. That way the jedi still had a temple in which they could operate. However, remotely.

Others walked by us as we made our way through the temple. It was rather well kept considering it was reserved for just the Jedi. with that in mind, I stayed silent as we reached the doorway that was kept closed.

"They are inside whenever you are ready."
"Thank you."

With a bow, she and I exchanged, she left me to stand there alone in front of the door. Breathing in deeply to center my thoughts and release the stress with an exhale of breath. I pressed my hand on the console to open the door. The hiss and sliding open revealed the two Masters within. Walking just barely within the threshold of the doors, just enough that they closed behind me, I bowed to each of them in turn.

"Thank you for your invitation to the Prosperity. I hope it is not to hasty to ask my being here today?"

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

Prosperity
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kaleleon Kaleleon

"Are you testing him first, or should I?" Valery grinned at her husband and tapped the hilt of her double-bladed weapon. She was looking forward to this little spar. It wasn't too serious for her, considering that a Trial of Skill was hardly necessary, but that only allowed her to enjoy it more. If this had been an important trial, she would have taken a lot of time to prepare it — now she was just going to throw some things at him and test his reaction.

She just wasn't doing it alone.

The Sword and Shield were forced to be reckoned with alone, but together they were something unique. Their bond made a lot of impossible things a reality for them, and it would hopefully make this interesting for Kale as well.

"Welcome," Valery said with a smile before dipping her own head into a bow. "We decided to bring you here today to test you a little more and understand you better." Judging by the fact she had him summoned to a training room, she hoped he'd catch on quickly.

"Love? I think it's time to get started."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Kaleleon's not the average Padawan. He'll be fine with both."

The trial itself was a formality. With the council's decision to have him retake the trials, it meant all of them would have to be. There was little doubt that Kaleleon was a capable fighter when it became necessary. But that wasn't what Kahlil was looking to test. To walk from the Jedi path, to have doubt of how worthy they could be in returning amongst their peers. It was an emotion Kahlil understood quite well.

He wasn't here to test strength, but spirit. Kahlil needed to see that much with his own eyes.

"Love? I think it's time to get started."

Kahlil drew as Valery spoke. Not his lightsaber, but Vosal. Surprise attack? Yes. Was it unfair? Not technically. Kaleleon didn't seem the type to be surprised by blaster fire. Which, well, wasn't the only shot he was going to shoot. The blaster went off the moment it was drawn, three shots right for center mass. Two, the usual type. The third? A rune flared over the barrel before it unleashed itself as what looked like a normal blaster bolt.

But one that'd detonate in a sphere of ice on contact.

"Show us your worth, Padawan."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kaleleon Kaleleon

A man can change his stars
Valery, and Kahlil. Masters of the Jedi Order, and given the direct titles of Sword and Shield of the Jedi. Terms used by the Jedi to signify importance, as well as their status for the Order. Nodding my head to Valery, I was about to speak up when I saw Kahlil move out of the side of my vision. I had little time to react. Blaster bolts fired directly at me.

My off hand raised up to project a shield out from me. The two blaster bolts slammed into it. What surprised me, was the bolt that hit the shield a hell of a lot harder. Almost throwing me off balance, the explosive ice? I had never encountered something like that before. I didn't stop to find out what it was. Before this orb of ice could hit the ground, a push of energy expelled from my hand and sent it back to Kahlil. If he was going to have the drop on me, then I wasn't going to answer back. Just focus on the fight.

I didn't wait for anything else, sprinting at Kahlil to close the distance between myself and a ranged combatant. The saber drawn from underneath the poncho to ignite the single Azure blade. The snap and hum oh so familiar to me. Off hand raised to the Shield of the Jedi. I tried using the force on him. Yanking him towards me to just make that gap ever easier to cross and close.

I knew there were many things he could do to get out of it, or even lean into my pulling towards him. As a Master, I did expect him to not go easy, but made damn sure that I wasn't entirely focused on just him. If it was just Kahlil being my fight, I would have been fine. However, there was ever a feeling like there might be more to this training than just trying to test my skill.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom