Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 5: Just The Facts, Ma'am

[SIZE=14pt]R[/SIZE]aziel sat opposite one of Spynet’s senior staff, in a meeting room at Spynet’s Bothawui headquarters. His holographic disguise matrix shielding his own features. There was no need to be identifiable by too many of Spynet’s own. It would take an ally more powerful than Salem Norongachi to force him to shift allegiances any time soon, but he was always one for caution. That was an understatement: just the notion of revealing too much of his personal life made him deeply nauseous.

“I’m keen to know if we have any operatives keeping tabs on AEL?” he asked.

“There would be a mountain of forms to fill in to even start to find such information of course,” replied the middle aged operations manager.

“Of course,” Raziel replied, feigning knowledge he clearly didn’t possess on the bureaucratic machinations of the agency.

“However, in this instance I can fairly confidently state that we don’t. Too high a risk, and they’ve never been considered enough of a threat to warrant the resources. Why?”

“How long would it take to get someone inside the headquarters at Laekia, or at least gain some influence over someone with insight?” Raziel asked.

“Time required would always be inversely proportion to resources thrown at the task. If we devoted what we do against the Protectorate for instance, we could get inside within a month or so.”

“Alright, let’s assume we’re more curious about the chances of them conducting offensive operations in our space. Seems they’re willing to pay for help in that regard under certain circumstances.” Raziel explained.

“I could probably put a plan together, maybe six to twelve months?”

“Make it happen.”

[SIZE=16pt]R[/SIZE]aziel walked down the long alley, letting his senses reach out to check he was no longer being followed. It didn’t surprise him that he was followed in his own territory. Afterall, he knew the teams put together by Norongachi had been working outside the established intelligence agencies, if he was in the Lord Commander’s position he would order the Spymaster followed too.

Now they were lost of course he could go and meet his contact and have the package delivered. It would be couriered off world and sent to the return address of [member="Rave Merrill"] securely. There was nothing particularly sensitive. A little corporate information he’d dug up, photos taken from outside the recent Subach-Santhe trials of the participants, a few movements. Nothing to get him into trouble with his own people, but enough to tentatively expand his network of contacts.

Dear AEL,

Some information attached. Nothing much unfortunately. No payment required, think of this as a favour. If you need to get in touch please leave a data disk at the following location, which is checked on a daily basis. Please use the attached algorithm and digital signature to identify yourself.

XS

[SIZE=14pt]K[/SIZE]even Askvig walked into Subach’s temporary offices the morning following the meal out. He covered his eyes with his hands and showed his pass to the security guard as he entered. By for Force his head hurt. Janos had been determined to blow the expenses budget on booze last night, and he wasn’t about to be drunk under the table by that little wretch.

His pass was used at thee more checkpoints on the way to his office. He smiled politely at the new receptionist on the way. Lovely of the company to get some pretty human faces around the places. It’s not that he considered himself speciesist, but Bothan women just weren’t the same. He stopped dead on the threshold, trying to focus through the splitting headache for a moment.

“I’m sorry, was I late for a meeting?” he tentatively asked of the two men behind his desk.

“Please, close the door,” one of them asked.

“Oh,” Keven replied. He turned and looked back out at the staff around his room. No one looked to him or indicated that anything was out of place. He closed the door firmly and turned back to the intruders, feeling his temper starting to rise. It stopped as the second man started laying out photographs on his desk.

“Good evening Mr Askvig, we’re from internal security,” said the first. “We’re here to discuss your personal life, I’m afraid.”

Keven barely made it to the chair. His legs crumpled beneath him mostly of their own accord. He could barely look up as one of them flashed him an ID card. “How did….why….”

“Look Mr Askvig, we’re not here to judge. We found out about this as we received word of an intelligence agency about to try and use these details to extract information from you. You’ve been compromised, Mr Askvig.”

“Oh Feth, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. Am I going to lose my job?” he barely whimpered in return. He managed to look up at the pair again. One held his eyes and looked almost sympathetic, the other was putting the photographs away, shaking his head. This was the end, he knew it. They’d have him and his pension for this.

“Potentially, but not just yet. We have eyes on the people looking to make an approach on you. We think they’re going to try and use this as leverage soon. If you can do one more thing for us, we can probably bury this and see you get a suitable severance package.”

“What? Anything?” Keven asked desperately.

“Meet with them, act as if you had no idea this was coming. I want you to see what they want from you,”

“Won’t this be dangerous?” Keven asked.

“Of course it will. But it’s that or….” The security officer held up another brown envelope with a Subach stamp and his address on it. Keven knew what would be inside.

“Alright, whatever it takes. I’m so sorry, I never thought anyone would…” Keven started.

“Look, why don’t you go for a walk and clear your head. For the time being, it would be best if you carried on as normal. Do not discuss this matter with your colleagues.” The officer said authoritatively.

“Yes, yes, fresh air. Of course,” Keven muttered. He was on his feet in a few moments, accepting a glass of water from one of the men. “I can do this,” he stated.

[SIZE=14pt]B[/SIZE]ack at Spynet’s HQ, Raziel had discarded the Holographic Disguise Matrix image he had been using to impersonate a Subach employee and returned to the visage he used here. He had to prepare now for his next disguise and his second meeting with Keven Askvig this evening, this time acting as a foreign agent.

He allowed himself a small smile at his own cleverness. Once he had played Askvig from two sides, he would have a third part to play, or possibly he would just use another agent. The final part of the plan would involve going to Subach as ASA Intelligence and reporting that Keven Askvig had been compromised by Republic Intelligence agents posing as Subach security and place the blame elsewhere. A plot within a plot within a plot. Fortunate that providing their internal security arrangements for review had been one of the conditions of a military contract with the ASA.

“I need someone to go and have a meeting with the CEO of Circe Savan shortly,” he told his assistant.

“Reason?”

“We’re going to express concern around recent links between herself and other Sith Lords, and we’re going to report the security breech I’m about to enact and pin it on the Republic. We’ll need some evidence too.”

“Anyone in particular?”

“Someone removed from the situation, so that they believe they’re being honest. Maybe a new recruit, someone who’ll be terrified at the thought of meeting a Sith?”

“I’ll make arrangements.”

Matreya

Dropping to his knees, Damien's mind was ripped from the maze - a painful excursion itself - at the pain caused by his Spirits being torn from his harem.

"Why?.." Gasping he continued, "I call you with...more info...than you should...expect...now this? I have...done you...no wrong!

"Dont...expect the...trade.." Damien said. The spirits continued to be yanked from him, but in his last seconds possessing their might, he concentrated on simply doing as much damage as he could - in the form of a massive Force explosion. With the initial blast though, the last of them were gone, and Damien finally heard the silence of singularity once more.

During the concussive blast, the nearest window was broken free, opening to the high winds of a third floor opening. Staggering as swift as his feet could carry him, Damien made for the makeshift exit.

His goals were simple now: Reach master-hood, gather back his Harem, and destroy Rave Merrill. It was obvious now he had chosen the wrong person to trust - how odd that the Sith were the trust worthy. He would have Pandiema and Ayra's help in this endeavor.

Just as Damien was near enough to jump through the hole, a small indescriminate freighter dropped into perspective through the window perpendicular with the current...

And fire began to rain from the outside. In place of missiles and blasters, this ship contained nothing but slug-thrower turrets. Holes appeared throughout the entirety of his office in a matter of seconds, turning elegance to Swiss cheese.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

[member="Lord Daemos"]

The room he|d exact|y one thing capab|e of withstanding the ambush: The desk. As automatic weapons fire shredded Daemos' office, Rave s|id into a crouch under the desk. A|chemized meta| took the brunt of high-ca|ibre s|ugthrowers. She tapped her comm/|ocator and prayed she'd remembered her frigate's re|ative |ocation correct|y. "Fire for effect on my position! Vu|can, one-second burst!"

And then she covered her ears.

Quad |aser cannons bracketed the sma|| freighter as the massive Vu|can cannon spat thirty f|ak guns' worth of shrapne| at severa| ki|ometres per second. The freighter had a snowf|ake's chance in He||. The office and surrounding rooms evaporated around her, stray fire ricocheting off desk and, in its gaps, the strongest two-second Force shie|d she'd ever produced. To the best of her know|edge, nobody had ever reported what it was |ike to be at ground zero for a Vu|can cannon. This was because, if not for the desk and, to a |esser extent, the shie|d, she wou|d have been constituent atoms by now. Whether the b|ast of overpowered f|ak had caught Daemos a|ong with his freighter was not Rave's concern.

Idea||y, she wou|d de-a|chemize the desk before she |eft, but she didn't have that kind of time. The barrage ended, the desk fe|| through what remained of the f|oor, Rave went with it -- there was nothing |eft of the nearest wa||, and she |eaped out into the sun to head for the hovering |ethewa|ker. Tera |ush was remote, but she suspected her words and actions wou|d get back to Circe and Ayra sooner rather than |ater. She had that fee|ing.

As ca||ing cards went, she'd |eft worse.

Matreya

"You think Im done?" A voice came into her com, at the same time a Rasillon class Starfighter showed itself charging at full speed around the building. During the fall, which Damien survived by dropping into the floor beneath the prior, the Knight had reached out to grip the mind of a mechanic that was test drivinf his recently repaired ship. The ship and man meant nothing to Damien, and so they themselves became one of the faster suicide bombers this century.

With so little time to react Damien hoped this would be the end of the woman.

At that time roughly two dozen guards showed to help Damien to the lift which would take him underground to a hidden safe house.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

(Seems OP, but its not. The control was basically the last of his concentration. If the ship doesnt destroy you its all g lol.)

[member="Lord Daemos"]

Mind contro| was a de|icate art, and not one that Rave knew in any serious way, but she knew his combat ta|ents focused on menta|ism, and she'd known menta|ists -- knew how they fought.

Whatever reaction she might have generated, however, was preempted and foresta||ed by the |ethewa|ker, whose quad |asers and ion cannons s|ammed into the Rassi|on at short range. An e|ite fighter on a test drive definite|y showed up on sensors. A tractor beam snagged the expensive, disab|ed starfighter as the |ight frigate rose, and Rave |eaped to safety as Daemos went underground.

As the hatch c|osed behind her, the captain's voice hummed through her wrist com|ink. "Do we |eve| it, ma'am?"

She s|ipped the menta| maze into her pocket and set her back against the bu|khead. In her mind's eye, she saw the mansion evaporate. The Vu|can cannon had done enough. "No. We're out of here."

"Aye, ma'am."

Disab|ed starfighter in tow, the b|inding|y fast |ight frigate departed.

He found nothing in the man's desk. The drawers were empty without so much as a piece of crumbled up paper. He was meticulous, at least. Time for the main course: the computer. The man had left in such a hurry he'd never bothered to log out of his account, let alone shut it off. Thurion had never been very good with computers or advanced technology in general, but he found his way around soon enough. Stream-lining HUDs and the likes had its disadvantages, especially when a novice such as himself could navigate the delicate information with relative ease.

He checked the man's private messages and conversations he'd partaken in, some of which included this 'Enigma' herself. They had quite the chain of messages between themselves, and someone like [member="Rave Merrill"] might take an interest in eavesdropping on whatever the two had to talk about. Going through the countless files and documents, he stumbled upon one such document named "The Ashborn Project". He'd never heard of such a thing before, but as with all these files he figured it was code for some piece of fancy tech. This one was dated to over 15 years ago, however, and it had caught his attention.

Upon skimming through the innumerable pages, he read something about Sith alchemy mixed with dark sorcery having been used to revive a 'deceased specimen' to serve their purposes. Horrid experiments without comparison, even today. The document detailed the entire procedure, and it was clear that this company had had a hand in it. He knew not if his contractor had any interest in these documents, but he would send her copies of them nonetheless. Through the computer he sent her a message:

"Dear R.M.

Life Day comes early.

T.H."

[member="Raziel"]

Alli Wren forwarded a communication back.

To whom it may concern,

I would meet with you at Wren'goa station if it would be convenient for you as that is my temporary headquarters till I can build new ones. I apologize for my delay, I was held up by the Protectorate for a while.

Alli Wren

Raziel penned a reply:

Dear [member="Alli Wren"]

That is perfectly convenient. A secure location in ASA space is mandatory.

We apologise that the nature of the meeting will need to be divulged in person, only your own presence is necessary.

Kind Regards,

ASA Acquisitions.

It was a minor deception, but he didn't want to send anything over even the military network that might divulge his intentions. As soon as the message was away, he ordered a transport for one of the Hypori Spynet offices.

Alli Wren awaited in her most secure office, deep in the station, off the grids of any of her designs. She waited for [member="Raziel"] to be shown here by Ashley, her HRD. She wasn't sure what this was but secure meant secure after all. It was a maze of coridors and she had full control in that sector. The chip in her head allowing her to communicate to machines directly. Curious that is what she was. After all What could he want?

[member="Raziel"]

Raziel was almost unknown in ASA space. There were rumours that a puppet of Salem had been placed in a position of power within the intelligence community to ensure its loyalty, but he had been careful to ensure he remained obscured.

He walked down the corridors of the facility in a reasonably priced suit. Today he was playing the part of a mid-level civil servant. His Force-presence was tightly controlled to outwardly appear as someone with a very minor level of control. Not rare enough to warrant too much attention. It was unnatural, but he kept his sensory sphere close, not reaching out or relying too heavily on the Force.

He was shown to an office and stepped inside. “Ms. Wren,” he said politely. “A pleasure, my name is Jame Makalroy. I'm afraid I'm from ASA Intelligence, not Acquisitions. Afraid we had to keep the meeting invite low key," he added with a nervous smile, lying and falling into the role easily

[member="Alli Wren"]

"I understand, How can I help you Mr. Makalroy?" She asked smiling gesturing towards the chair infront of the desk. Even this obscure office had as much luxury packed in as possible. The desk an exotic wood and the walls covered with rare art. "Well you said secure, so welcome to my most secure office. "

Alli wren was in a black body suit that hugged her curves and had glimmersilk over various parts of it to make it unique. She wondered what Intelligence wanted with her. She of course had to worry, she did work for the G.I.A. and she hoped they hadn't caught on to that.
[member="Raziel"]

"First of all, thank you very much for seeing me as such short notice. This is my ID, you probably want to transmit the code to ASA HQ and check the codes. Standard affair as I'm sure you're used to!" he said with a warmer smile. The ASA was built on large military contractors, they had a relatively close arrangement with the sector's lightweight government.

He sat down in the chair opposite the Baktoid CEO. With a peculiar precision he arranged his datapad, notepad and pen on the desk before him. "Small bit of business today, and I'm afraid it's personal in nature." he said, his voice falling to an almost apologetic whisper. He slid a Datapad across the desk.

"This company recently entered ASA space and has started competing for high level military contracts. This business with its relatively unknown owner has us a little nervous. Primarily we're concerned that the CEO has loyalties that lie elsewhere. We're sure this could be hearsay, but as you're explicitly named in this public notice, we were hoping you could shed some light on the situation."

"Oh that... " Alli stated clearly ethused. It was not a subject she gave much thought now that it was over. "I use to be partners with Subach, I helped them grow at first and then I helped crush them in Operation Weedkiller. I can tell you that Circe's loyalties lay to herself and herself alone. I would never trust her except that she will always do what is best for herself. Granted when motivated and she is gaining from a situation you have nothing to fear. " Alli said curious what his reaction would be.

It was intriguing that Circe was popping up again.

[member="Raziel"]

Raziel nodded slowly. "We can deal with said," he replied. "In the Technate we'd go mad investigating every company with a self-interested CEO," he added with half a chuckle.

"No, what concerns me is the implications that she is part of a wider network of Sith with motives that are . . . not aligned with the goals of the ASA. Do you know anything about that at all? If not, not to worry!"

[member="Alli Wren"]

"I know she has worked with the sith on a more than supplier of ships basis in the past, I am not sure of now but it would not surprise me at all if she was still working with them. I would say it is very likely but I don't have any recent proof, I avoid her like the plague since I turned her in for her war crimes. I am sorry I don't know more. I will help anyway I can though should you want anything."

[member="Raziel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom