Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekend Treasure Hunt 5: Just The Facts, Ma'am

Poisoned by radiation, her personal ship damaged, her most prized possessions stolen, and fresh from a kidnap attempt, the Dark Side healer and alchemist Rave Merrill has tracked down the true identity of her attacker. Darth Ayra is secretly [member="Alicia Drey"], CEO of Chandrila DataTech, and an associate of Circe Savan, who is occasionally known as [member="Enigma"] of Subach-Innes. A packet of encrypted information has gone out to respected private contractors and the sort of people who do these things. The packet is signed with the names of Rave Merrill and Akure Executive Leatherworks.

The premise is simple. Whoever brings back the first, best, or most interesting information on any of the above-named persons or corporations will be rewarded to a ridiculous degree. All valid information will be rewarded. Rave's corporation, AEL, sells 2.5-million-credit leather jackets and gunbelts that always contain a bit more ammunition than you remember putting in, among other things. She is history's most prolific master of open-market alchemy.

And she's willing to throw open her stock to reward quality information. Not just open access to the most exclusive lines, but access to unknown projects, prototypes, weapons, gear, and special items to be made specifically for the most successful spies and data thieves -- the very first items of AEL's ambitious Fall Line. She is willing to provide consults on others' alchemical projects, break curses, unravel artifacts, unlock holocrons. Above and beyond that, Rave has access to pieces of advanced starship technology from across the galaxy, and upcoming corporate benefits that will put any company in the black.

There is one rule: Nothing to do with Chandrila DataTech or Subach-Innes is to be damaged. This is about subtlety.

Known locations:
Chandrila DataTech - three stores on Chandrila
Subach-Innes - Belkadan, Echidna, Morje, Morgania, Aurum, Cadomai Prime, Dubrillion, Oberon

Thread rules: Do not metagame. Do not be cheap. Do not be snide or passive-aggressive; in short, obey Wheaton's Law. Do not get your information in a handful of quick posts, if it's especially in-depth or would require a response from the named parties. Specifically, it should take you time and effort to get anything really significant. This is a natural extension of IC events, but anyone using this for OOC-based goals will be disqualified. Multiple abuses will result in me asking a staffer to close the thread. Information gained in other threads is acceptable with links, but RP in this thread should play a role.

In fairness to the targets, bonus points will be awarded for actions that benefit CDT or S-I.

The message sent by [member="Rave Merrill"] was hardly going to be sent in the direction of a government intelligence agency. It was also sent using a level of encryption that would take even the computing power and software available to Spynet and other Abrion Intelligence agencies weeks to crack. However, it was received by a large number of private contractors, many of whom had worked for Spynet before. The ideals of the Confederacy were such that paying for private services from a government budget was common.

Of course, hiring contractors with loose alignment had always presented another opportunity. So Spynet had some devilish malware on the personal devices of contractors with less of a technological leaning. Some of that malware sent on Merrill’s message back to Spynet once the device had decrypted the message.

Interesting, Raziel thought as he gave it a quick read. Potentially troublesome too. Subach-Innes had recently set up shop in ASA space, and would potentially be holding sensitive information. Not that they had much, no one trusted corporations with too much information at a time and they were recent arrivals, but the Techno-Union was key to the ASA’s military capability.

Of course, internal intelligence work was the directive of another department, Spynet were supposed to work outside ASA space. But the remit of counter-intelligence work was always blurred. What he was short on, was information on the target. He’d need that before deciding what action to take. On the other hand AEL products would be exceedingly useful, and he wasn’t beyond putting his own interests above that of the ASA, this was just an advantageous arrangement after all.

He sent in a requisition form for a datapack to be put together for him. Spynet information was highly compartmentalised to maintain security. He then used a terminal with a Holonet connection to send out a message to [member="Siara Kai"]. He used the digital signatures to identify himself as a member of CIS intelligence, now ASA Intelligence.

Dear Ms Kai,

I am certain you will be aware of the recent reward posted by Rave Merrill, and would assume you will be providing information directly. I have significant interest in background information on Alicia Drey, understanding that you may withhold cutting edge information, such that it can be submitted directly for reward. Our establishment used to have a mutually beneficial relationship and we wish to start a dialogue once again.

Regards,

SN.

Siara Kai

Information Broker
[member="Raziel"] wouldn't have to wait long. While the Bothan Spynetwork was highly compartmentalized, Siara didn't leave her all access pass without a several backdoor methods of funneling in.

A highly encrypted response would follow in neat bright green aurabesh sigils upon the screen.

After all, one can't stop the signal --- and she knew better. It was also likely [member="Jonathon Patches"] caught wind of this as well.

Had to beat him to the punch.

My Dear Sweet SN,

Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

I'll relay and get more information on Drey if you give me all you know of this Enigma.

Regards,

Kai

Tricky, tricky, tricky... he thought to himself, mind whirring. At least this was another challenge to brighten up his day. There was little worse than being left alone with his own thoughts, with little to keep him occupied. Of course, it was never just his own thoughts he was left alone with.

He turned his mind back to the problem, thinking through different scenarios and potential outcomes. The risk always had to be justified by the rewards, and he was very good at calculating risk. Surviving the path he had followed - no, been forced down - was testament to that fact. The potential rewards could be separated out into benefits he could cash in, and those for the ASA. Raziel considered those entirely separately. At one end of the spectrum he could go rogue, use everything to pull something together for personal benefit. Spynet would hardly find this appropriate, but even his amassed wealth from years as a private contractor and his new retainer from Salem Norongachi barely touched the price of AEL’s top items. Risk high, reward high. He probably had enough enemies as it was already.

The other end of the spectrum would involve dropping this now, passing the information onto Subach and suggesting they tighten their security. Minimal rewards, but zero risk. Potentially non-zero, AEL might trace the warning back. Or at least, someone chasing the bounty might. He disregarded the option, if he was going to baulk at the risk, he decided he would take no action.

Now what to do with Siara’s request? Subach had contracts with the ASA, but that didn’t stop the intelligence agencies from crawling over them. That information was for ASA-eyes-only, not for sharing. Circe however, was a different matter. The CEO had confessed to being involved in the Sith Empire, publically. Her associate was known as “Darth Arya” as well…now that he could spin. His keen mind worked through these thoughts in just a few seconds. He attempted to let the Force reach out into the future, to aid him in his decisions, but this was too subtle a matter. Whilst he could get broad emotional feedback from considering going to places, or making key decisions, and could sense key nexus’ in his future, where his paths diverged, this was too small a decision for his skill.

He arrived at a decision. And immediately sent off three messages.
Dear Ms Kai ([member="Siara Kai"])

We can potentially come to an agreement on information sharing, where the interests of the ASA are not undermined. I have most interest in a basic profile of “Darth Arya” and involvements with Circe Savan. Do you have a particular interest that we may be able to assist on?

SN

[member="Salem Norongachi"],

Potential threat. Circe Savan history with Sith Empire, known associates include former Sith Lords. Is this information already known to you? May we delicately proceed with operations, potentially within ASA space? Please see attached intercepted AEL notice and public notice

SN

The next he decided to send through the ASA military’s network. An address his next recipient would frequently receive messages from.

Dear [member="Alli Wren"]

ASA (formerly CIS) acquisitions requests a personal meeting to discuss a sensitive matter at a secure facility. This is at your convenience, as we would not wish to disturb the runnings of a valued contractor.

Kind Regards,

ASA Acquisitions.

He then started looking through potential contacts and persons under Spynet influence. Again, this would be time consuming, the most sensitive information wasn't networked and needed extracting, no slicer could get their hands on the sum total of ASA intel remotely. It seemed there were a number of staff at the two companies on retainer. They weren't yet being paid of course, if a company's employees started to turn up in flash cars they tended to get suspicious. They were, however, accruing substantial pensions from their retainer that would be made available in exchange for the information they provided.

If Raziel needed to, he could get his hands dirty. Actual black ops covered maybe a hundredth of a percent of what Spynet did, but he was more than capable of putting together a team.

While not one to indulge himself when it came to valuables, the Jedi Master had certainly heard of this 'Enigma'. Her war crimes committed during the days of the Sith Empire was was cause enough for him to take an interest in aiding her downfall however he could. He didn't have much in terms of corporate connections who could point him the way, except for one [member="Jorus Merrill"], who seemed more than happy to help.

"Belkadan", he'd told him upon asking. "I'll even drop you off, myself. Just be sure to say 'hello' from me", he added.

Belkadan was located close to the edge of the galaxy, in the Northern sector of the Tingle Arm, not too far from Sanctum space. In the days of the old Sith Empire it would have served as a constant producer of equipment and weaponry to supply their armies, most likely. With the fall of the Empire, Belkadan suffered in the form of losing their biggest client. They still retained their factories and supply-chains to the corners of the galaxy, however. All these are things he'd heard beforehand, so if they were to ring false in the ears of those who would know the truth, so be it.

Making his way from the drop-off to the main entrance of the enormous complex, Thurion kept his hood on at all times in case anyone would know his appearance by heart. These had been the Sith's old stomping-grounds, after all. Can't be too careful. Upon entering through the huge gates, he was treated to a reception meant to cater to buisness associates and visitors alike. The clerk behind the desk turned to look at the large figure, surprised to receive a customer so out-of-the-blue without an appointment.

"Uh, excuse me, sir? Can I help you?" Only now did he remove his hood, blue eyes meeting those of the receptionist. "I'm looking for whoever is in charge here. You can tell your boss that Jedi Master Thurion Heavenshield wishes to see him."

Matreya

Sitting behind his personal desk on Tera Lush, Damien found an encrypted message to be recieved from a benefactor of sorts, one [member="Rave Merrill"]. After the necessary decryption, the man read and contemplated its words..

He wondered what he should do. He held a loyalty to Rave, as an advisor of sorts, and as one of the many that let his company thrive. Darth Ayra and Pandiema had aided him, and he sought to utilize their drives among other required ameneties. Who should he work for and with?

Damien held dire knowledge pertaining to the women and their future plans - even playing a key role himself. But the number of people open to knowing what the plans were was minimal, therefore suspicions would be raised almost immediately...then again, with his power over Force Walking, and all other abilities, he was already a known survivor...

With a determined nod he began sending a return message, equally encrypted, and probably more so:

"I need not seek out a lot of what you seek. But what I get in return need he hefty for such a betrayal. More so than simple products that could easily be payed for. I await you at my estates, coordinates provided, and trust me, you want to be there."

[member="Rave Merrill"]

When his old Syndicate contacts informed him of a shadow request for information on Circe Savan. The Sith woman had the gall to try and call herself 'Enigma', as if that was terribly clever and didn't immediately scream 'Arrest me.'. Putting together a quick return packet including the sketches of Circe and Alicia Drey's appearance, Circe's appearance in Confederate space and legal battles with Sasha Santhe. As an added bonus, he included several blood samples cryogenically frozen during Circe's brief stint with the dead and her body's subsequent retrieval. Though her DNA had probably been altered by now, midichlorians had a curious habit of retaining their identity, even when one was brought back with a different body. Perhaps someone of Rave Merrill's skill could use that for something.

Attached with the package was a simple note.

With Regards
A.C.

En route to the estate of [member="Lord Daemos"], aboard the repaired and decontaminated Lethewalker, Rave examined the package sent to her by [member="Ayden Cater"]. Images of hand-drawn sketches confirmed a link between Ayra and Drey, and Ayra/Dray and Savan -- two links that she'd paid very well to discover, not long ago. Secondary confirmation was good. A sample of Circe's first body, first of three that Rave could count, was better. The legal documents made for solid reading too.

It wasn't the motherlode, but it was significant. She mulled over what to send in return, but Cater already owned her best products, and would have little interest in what she held in reserve, at a guess.

In the end, she took a guess at the reward that would hold the most value to him.

Dear A.C.-

I.O.U.

-R.

***​

The Lethewalker touched down outside Daemos' center of operations, the light frigate barely fitting on this particular landing pad. Rave disembarked, her Sith abattar around her neck and Entropy sheathed at her hip.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Rave Merrill"]

The notice was something hard to resist and Matsu sat there cursing herself. Mostly because she hadn't seen it coming, the chance to have a credit flow was to good and between her and Katagiri they owned ten point eight percent stock... Which had given some benefits namely. Invitations to the planet for a party and they were on the board of directors. The two of them having access to the headquarters and usually in that position some access to everywhere else. She typed out the message and retrieved the package she hadn't even opened from the company. The note attached welcoming her to the family.

"It is not huge information but I have this access card to the headquarters and access to the Board of Directors, I wish I had more to give such as information but there is a durindfire crystal that was given if you wish to track and search for their motives and projects. That is how the Phantoms were discovered by tracking the crystals movement as a conflict crystal from Tattooine."

editing this in for ooc purposes to show it

To Mr. Mrrew, Mr. Tillian, Miss. Pallopides, Miss. Ike, Miss. Ike, (Sent individually)

Hello board member/shareholder. Following your inquires into Chandrila DataTech after it entered the stock market for shares, I am pleased to officially inform you in writing that your purchases have been accepted. You may find the members of the board below, their positions and percentage of stock in the company.

Katagiri Ike (Board member) 5%
Ayumi Pallopdies (Board member) 14%
Mrrew (Board member) 5%
Matsu Ike (Board member) 5.7%
Alicia Drey (CEO) 70.15%

Roth Tillian (Shareholder) 0.15%

Mr. Roth Tillian is a shareholder and does not hold a stake in the company big enough to hold board membership.

The first board meeting is set to be hosted in my retreat on Sojourn. "The Fort" as it is nicknamed can be found on a mountain ridge overlooking the vast forests of Sojourn and is maintained by my own personal servants. The venue for our board meeting will be occurring after an event I am calling the Gathering. You have been cordially invited to attend the Gathering as guests to my retreat alongside several other corporations, where it is my intention for Chandrila DataTech to convene, meet and discuss business with other members of the galactic market.

This also serves as a chance for all of us to make contacts in business, get to know one another and participate in a unique event with some of the galaxies most influential and powerful figures. Events include a venture into the Sojourn forests to participate in a hunt, which Sojourn was once called the "Hunters moon"; a dinner with the board and other guests attending the Gathering; and a party following the dinner, where you will have a chance to sit down and socialize with other guests in a more personal environment.

I look forward to your participation in the Gathering and getting to know you better as we look to expand Chandrila DataTech across Hanna City and beyond.

Sincerely,
Alicia Drey.
CEO of Chandrila DataTech.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34994-you-are-cordially-invited-ask/?p=496099

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Now this right here was good stuff. Such things had a short shelf life -- codes changed. Matsu's security code would get Rave or an operative inside the Chandrila DataTech headquarters on Chandrila itself...

...and another location entirely.

Sojourn. Not a world she knew, in any way. She compared the invitation that Matsu had included.

Got you.

***​
Master Ike-

You know what this is worth. I don't presume to guess what of mine you would find useful, so I'm enclosing a voucher for five million credits' worth of Akure Executive Leatherworks products, and you'll be credited at a stakeholder discount for any items from our upcoming Fall Line.

-R.

Not much was known about the woman known as Darth Ayra. That is to say, the name and identity. She wasn't around at the height of the Sith Empire and only appeared under the pseudonym of 'Ayra' when the United Clans of Mandalore invaded the then vibrant capital Dromund Kaas; and later the Fel Imperium's invasion of Dubrillion. There was only one particular man who could identify her at one of those battles and that happened to be [member="Lord Daemos"]. They had dueled in the former Sith citadel when he had been known as Northstar. He hadn't known her name back then, but when they had reconvened over the Nox Holocron and the ability to absorb and then use the spirits of the deceased to empower oneself, they had recognized each other. It turned out that Daemos had only managed to gain hold of a datacron of the knowledge, of which he had shared with the Sith Lord. He hadn't been aware, at least to her knowledge, that Darth Ayra was Alicia Drey, an up and coming CEO of a tier three technological and industrial corp on Chandrila, but that's what happens when you let someone like [member="Rave Merrill"] get away and she had to thank [member="Enigma"] for letting that happen. Then again, who knew she was carrying something that would of allowed her to have escaped the entire time their duel had happened?

But before Dromund Kaas, Dubrillion and all the way through to [member="Romeo Sin"] boarding the same Scion-class Stealth Corvette now known as the Hazard Beauty, of which the captain had salvaged when it emerged in the middle of Protectorate space with relics such as the Sith Abattar on board, little was known of Ayra's history. Supposedly someone like Circe Savan could reveal a lot more. After all, she was Darth Pandeima, the Sith Master that had founded the Order of Sith Lords of which Alicia was the apprentice as Darth Ayra. She could probably reveal this, alongside the fact that Ayra was trained as a Sith Marauder, trooper and assassin hybrid prior to their apprenticeship by a man called 'Mendacium'. The fact that 'Mendacium' translated as 'lie' or 'deception' from Latin to Basic told a lot in itself.

Another who knew the connection between Alicia Drey and Darth Ayra prior to Rave Merrill's revelation was [member="Christian Slade"]. At some point, the mysterious Sith Lord had turned up in the White Diamond Casino, found in the heart of Coruscant Undercity. The two had met, shared drinks and throughout the night it was reveal that she was a Sith Lord. The two then joined forces to slay two rival gangs to the Black Alchemists, who worked for Slade as he went about the business of becoming Coruscant Undercities kingpin. They were good friends and had a certain infatuation to each other.

Darth Ayra also happened to be a member of the One Sith. All of their members knew who she was, but had yet to make a connection to her and her alias Alicia Drey, until now. But it was doubtful that any of them would betray her due to the fact that she was one of their 'sisters'.

A lot was known about Alicia Drey, however. Public records available on Chandrila revealed that she was born in a local hospital within Hanna City (Chandrila's capital). Her birth parents had died eleven years ago, when she was only eleven years old. She was enrolled in Hanna City's top college and then university through the settlement made from the car accident that had claimed her parents lives, of which the driver was found to be negligent due to intoxication. She graduated with top honors in technology, specifically in software and was the developer of the Chon software used on Chandrila DataTech's products, which she was the founder and majority shareholder of currently. To [member="Matsu Ike"], the other members of DataTech's board and those who had attended the Gathering she had hosted on Sojourn, Alicia held a permanent residence there known only as "the Fort". The aforementioned college and university she attended was funded by Alicia and it's students were known to have worked at the "the Fort" at some time during their holiday breaks, of which they had been paid for.

The durindfire crystal that Alicia had been given as a gift following Matsu Ike's buyout of 5.7% of Chandrila DataTech was stored safely in a vault in "the Fort" on Sojourn. Presumably, [member="Ayden Cater"] had been able to provide a sketch due to the aforementioned public records.

Raziel started to sift through the data dump that had been uploaded to a secure area for his perusal. In fact, he now had a team of analysts searching through it, was well as pulling in threads from the holonet and other semi-public sources. So far he wasn't getting very far. In fact, the connections provided by AEL were more useful to him than anything he'd generated so far.

Still there were more leads that could be pulled in. Subach had recently arrived in the old Confederate space, having changed alignment between several factions in the past. That ensured that Spynet and Abrion Investigations are all over the organisation. Not to disrupt their activities, but to ensure that military secrets were not leaving ASA space, and that other organisations that might already have their claws in the military contractor weren't feeding into ASA designs. It was something Spynet did frequently, attempt to influence the designs of foreign military projects, the wrong vulnerability in the right security system made all the difference.

Unfortunately, that meant their influence was at the wrong level. Design teams and project managers mostly. He'd need information from a much higher level. Whilst the lower echelons had everything to gain, the top echelons had everything to lose. Always easier to offer the carrot than the stick, but if he was going to pursue this he'd need to star carving some sticks. He could even do that personally if need be, with a small team he'd avoided Spynet and undermined the whole CIS government for Salem. However, it would take time, he'd need to tie strings to the most vulnerable, and then start tugging. Could be weeks.

He started looking through Agent profiles, preparing to build an ops team. First though, he'd need permission from the top. That required [member="Salem Norongachi"] to respond.

The clerk reluctantly pressed a button on her desk. "Mr. Zax? I'm sorry to bother you, sir, but there's a man here to see you." A face appeared on the holo-projector, looking mighty hot-tempered. "What? I was not informed I had an appointment at this hour, Miss Scotia. You tell that man to go feth himself!" She looked up at Thurion with worry in her eyes. "Uh, sir... This one says he's a Jedi Master Heavenshield." There was no reply for a few seconds, as the man was likely wiping the sweat off his forehead. "...Send him in", came his hesitant answer. Thurion said nothing more to the clerk behind the desk and merely offered her a nod of gratitude before stepping inside the office.

Within there were a pair of black leather chairs facing the desk of this Mr. Zax. He would stand until told otherwise. The slender, posh gentleman behind the desk then rose to his feet and stepped towards the Jedi. "Master Jedi, it is truly an honour to meet you!" he said in an obviously fake jovial tone, holding out his hand to greet him. When Thurion did not return the gesture his hand dropped awkwardly to his side. "Well, uh... So, Mr. Heavenshield - what can I do for you? You've come an awfully long way from Republic space just to see me." The man gestured for him to sit, and so he did. "I am not from the Jedi Order, Mr. Zax. I left the Republic a long time ago. I now choose to serve the galaxy rather than one portion of it", he replied. He'd prefer not to mention the Levantine Sanctum if he could help it. What he said wasn't a lie, after all.

"Oh? Well, regardless - what can I do for you? Not many of your stature would choose to come here, to the edge of the galaxy in old Sith territory." Thurion remained cool and collected as he spoke. "I am here to conduct buisness. Of what nature I cannot say. I expect your co-operation, Mr. Zax." The man feigned a smile. "I do beg your pardon, Master Jedi, but we're a respectable buisness with only the greater good in mind. I fail to see why you would take interest in our operations here", he said while lighting a cigar. The foul odour snaked its way to where he was seated, and he wafted away the smoke in annoyance. "Am I to assume you are here to cause trouble, Master Jedi? Do I need to call the guards?" he jested, a sly grin appearing on the man's lips.

Matreya

Waving to the servant that warned of [member="Rave Merrill"]'s arrival, Damien stood and waited for her to enter. Once she had, he gestured to the chair opposite his own.

"Ms. Merrill, a pleasure as always." He said, resting elbows on his desk, his fingertips touching, "I would have you know, I recieved your message, and hold some very...potent information. Allies, a future base, even their very plans for the future. All one could ask, to plan their own counter strategy that could decimate the plans of the two Sith you seek.

"But you already know your offers of gifts and discount mean little to me. Even without the Fringe sponsorship I hold monetary value enough to purchase all you sell. But, what I dont have, is respect, and the skills I need. In exchange for the information i possess, I want your honest respect, combined with your knowledge. I'm close to the point I need to be, but still to far.

"Teach me alchemy and whatever else you deem fit like you never taught another." Damien ended and reclined to gauge her reaction.

[member="Lord Daemos"]

"For me to consider that offer, Daemos, I need you can tell me whether I can train you. I became what I am by putting everything second. Business, Force powers combat ability, political aspirations -- I ignored those. I made alchemy my whole life. I can't teach you to be what I am until you tell me you can put aside everything.

"What are your skills now? What's your balance? Your strengths? Your weaknesses?"

Matreya

"My balance lie in mental manipulation during heated combat. I have lived many lives worth of training my martial abilities, and then after finding my Force connection worked hard on my mentalism, even taking respect in its uses from Voracitos himself. But when I find myself thriving best, it seems to be in the uses of Alchemy.

"If you will teach, I will learn." Damien said, lifting a Datacron that held all of his known information on Ayra and Pandiema: Sojourn and its i laying plans for bases there, known members of the One Sith and their positions connecting to the Lords, their plans involving crafting an army in Otherspace, and everything else.

"But, first I will need a bit more of a reassurance than a simple yes I will aid." Daemos said, wondering if there was a way one could bind themselves with an oath that couldn't be broken. But it was likely folly.

[member="Rave Merrill"]

[member="Lord Daemos"]

"So your priorities have been combat and mentalism, for a long, long time." She leaned back, steepled her fingers. "Show me your alchemical portfolio, then. Show me what you've accomplished."

| [member="Rave Merrill"] | [member="Lord Daemos"] |

As Rave Merrill met with Lord Daemos, a certain Sith Lord had begun her own investigation...

The Search for Rave Merrill: Tying Together Loose Strings

Alicia Drey had disappeared, gone from the public eye. No word following the events on Sojourn, where the Gathering had been hosted. What had happened to her? Well, that was a simple answer: Rave Merrill happened. The apprentice of the Order of Sith Lords had encountered the vault keeper of the Order of Selab and the conclusion had been nasty. Radiation burns, broken bones and certain schemes exposed. The aftermath of the duel between Rave and Darth Ayra, the Sith Lord who impersonated Alicia Drey, would prove to be more costly. Unknown to her, Daemos was meeting with the woman who would ruin all she had worked for. Darth Plagueis had met a similar obstacle as he went about shaping the galaxy to the Sith imperative a thousand years prior, when a certain King on Naboo intended not to go in the direction that the Muun Dark Lord of the Sith intended him to go. But this was different. Rave knew about her. Her real name and, if Daemos intended to follow through with his offer, the Order of Sith Lords. Complacency on her masters side had allowed the enemy to escape; and her own inability to destroy Rave proved Ayra's weakness. Every scheme had one of these. The unforeseen blip, that could undo everything. Rave was the unforeseen. But she would not remain obscured forever.

For the Sith were the masters of the dark side of the force.

Wind blew about the Sith Lord. The pain had disappeared only days ago. She had been cured of the radiation and broken bones had been set back into place. She had even recovered the strands of pale, blonde hair that fell along her sides. Fortunate, due to the extremely painful process that had followed. Pandeima, aka Circe Savan, had already identified that her apprentice had been marked by the blood trail technique that Rave possessed as a Nightsister. Her skin had been removed. All of it; and replaced by new strands. Her screams had scarred her more than the experience. She never thought that she could scream like that...

A question came to Darth Ayra's mind: who was Rave Merrill? And thus she turned away from the rising sun that was casting itself across Sojourn to the stairway that would lead down below. She intended to review the public records that were available about Rave Merrill and this writer would like the other to do a little summary, just like he did...

[member="Alicia Drey"]

The Nightsister Rave Merrill, should one have access to old Sith Empire records, went back a long way, longer than a woman in her late twenties should have been on the radar. She had fallen in with a Sith training enclave fourteen years ago, when she was thirteen; the Imperial records might mention that she had come with oddly comprehensive knowledge of Nightsister magic, more than she had the power to use. The records might also mention her amputation of an instructor's hand at age thirteen, her earliest experiments with alchemy, and her subsequent apprenticeship under one Darth Nerium, architect of the Perlemian front, senior Dark Council member, and spearhead of many of the Empire's most significant conquests. Rave had been knighted by Nerium in her late teens, unusually early, and given the name Darth Talion, meaning retribution. Her identity, however, had remained firmly Nightsister, although modern sources could easily extrapolate her Sith ties, and all of her high-level clients already knew or suspected that.

She first distinguished herself at the battle of Metalorn, where she was decorated for meritorious service and for injuries sustained; a Spear of Midnight Black had scarred her from left hip to right shoulder.

Nerium vanished during the Voracitos administration, and it was during that time that Rave began to come into her own as an alchemist; many records substantiated that. By the time of Tyrin Ardik's administration, she had served as Lord Velok's lab assistant for some time, was instrumental in the creation of the Akure Leviathans, and even dabbled in sentient plant-based genetic engineering. Dray would know, from other sources, that Rave had played a primary role in creating the Vinithi. When Velok stole the Sith Archives, Rave vanished, taking with her the entirety of his laboratory on Felucia.

She soon reappeared as a staff alchemist and bioweapons researcher in the Fringe Confederation, information easily found with the right connections. She masterminded several major Fringe offensives, was decorated repeatedly, saw action against everything from the Ssi-Ruuvi to the Vagaari to the Sorcerers of Rhand, and began to dabble in the private sector. By the time she challenged Circe Savan to a kaggath, she was a young Knight at the apex of a successful campaign for a High Council seat -- an election in which Savan was also a candidate. In one night, without a lightsabre or significant combat Force powers, she defeated Savan, spared her life, took her fifty-thousand-metre warfleet and her command ships, and won the seat by a landslide. The story was commonly told in Fringe space, easily discovered. It centered on a non-combat Knight demolishing Drey's Master with spandex, a knife, a piece of cake and a chainsaw.

She served as a High Councilor, a top leader of the Fringe Confederation, focusing on business relations and international diplomacy. Throughout this time, she developed her small alchemy business, spinning off from the state-owned Iron Crown, whose alchemy division she already ran. Akure Executive Leatherworks, though she bought it with some degree of anonymity, soon became associated with her in the right circles, by name. She became a go-to resource for major Sith Lords of all or no allegiance, including several members of the One Sith.

When her business took off, making specific and unobtrusive contracts with nearly every government around, she resigned her seat on the High Council, and AEL grew exponentially. It bought and sold numerous subsidiaries, including -- among other things -- a publishing house and a phrik mining corporation.

As of this moment, Drey would find that AEL owned no subsidiaries but very significant local patrol forces, exponentially larger than anything Subach-Innes and Chandrila DataTech could fund put together. Drey would find that AEL was a minor but well-involved member of the Tion Hegemony trade nexus -- associated with major galactic corporations like Arceneau Trade, Santhe/Sienar, Haor Chall, Neuro-Saav, and Cestus Cybernetics, as well as being part of the Silk Group of Companies. The name 'Merrill', shared with the long-absent founder of Silk itself (and others of Circe Savan's chief enemies), was no coincidence, though those links were buried deep; Circe would know that Rave and Jorus were siblings, though she wouldn't know that they were adopted siblings. Drey would find that Rave Merrill was associated with Fringe to some extent, but not very closely tied to any allegiance, and possessed of business associates everywhere.

Due to auction testimony and records there would also be hints that the Omega Protectorate owed her a favor, or perhaps the other way around. Merrill's participation in public auction was a matter of record, obtainable with enough money or pressure: She was a trader in antiquities, holocrons, artifacts, and rare starships, perhaps as a business venture and perhaps for her amusement. She had been known to exchange full-size warships for ostensibly worthless artifacts.

So far as alchemy went, she was known for offbeat, ambitious, wearable, exclusive, publicly available products. Her publicly marketed haute couture included the two-point-five-million-credit Lotek'k jacket, a leather coat as protective as the heaviest armor with the fear aura of a Lotek'k - a skyscraper-sized hyperintelligent malign Terror From Beyond, a creature she had killed at the head of a massive team of Masters from all allegiances.

Her headquarters, now that Mohc Extractives had been sold, were on Kyrikal 17; other known corporate holdings were on Laekia, Etti IV, Serpena and Dromund Kaas. AEL, as it happened, held an exclusive ongoing Mandalorian contract to excavate and contain the most dangerous items of old regimes. The excavation's results would not be able to be discovered. The Serpena location, which would likely be of interest, comprised a large free-range farm, defended by AEL security and, in a larger sense, by Fringe forces wary of Savan's return. Other locations involved farming operations also.

A decent amount of money, time, and ingenuity would find all of the above. Rave kept things quiet, but not that quiet. As likely the most powerful Nightsister off Dathomir, easily the highest-profile alchemist in history (though not necessarily the best), the individual who had made the most complex of Dark Side arts into a massive business, the second-youngest High Councilor in Fringe Confederation history, and the mastermind behind the virtual extinction of terentateks across the galaxy, she wasn't exactly secretive.

The following day Raziel was seated in the kind of restaurant one usually had to book months in advance. He casually sipped his soup whilst paying the barest minimum attention to his immediate surroundings. [member="Salem Norongachi"] hadn’t been in touch to approve any activities, but that wasn’t a significant problem. Approval would be retrospectively applied to the operation, or else Raziel would bury any knowledge of their activities.

He smiled and nodded to the beautiful girl across the table from him. His current disguise had aged him to around fifty, and even though he was dressed for the occasion he would have looked out of place seated on his own in one of Bothawui’s most exclusive restaurants. He’d simply hired a fantastically expensive escort; accompanying lonely middle-aged executives to functions was surprisingly common. She was simply another part of his disguise. She expected conversation, but Raziel was simply mimicking: using his skill in empathy subconsciously and behaving and speaking as she expected him to. His attention was elsewhere.

Seated a few tables back was a group of Subach executives. Here in ASA space to network with the top-brass of the military whilst the legal dispute was running. It was fortuitous, most of Subach’s operations appeared to be in the Tingel arm. Then again as they were – as required by ASA security laws – doing much construction within ASA space, they were a common occurrence around these parts.

Most of his focus was on maintaining mental contact with one executive in particular. He’d been scanning the group as a whole during his aperitif, but now he was locked onto one executive in particular. There was something distressing in his past, something that had left deep rooted veins of fear through his conscious. Scanning surface thoughts and emotions can as easily to Raziel as breathing, and unfortunately was just as difficult to resist. Pulling out past memories that were buried deep and consciously resisted was a much more delicate task, especially if he didn’t want to leave any obvious signs for another Jedi. He hoped he would be done by dessert, especially as he intended to scan deeper to see if any of Savan’s executives had met with her personally recently. The recent images of the Subach CEO from the Techno Union-supervised legal dispute didn’t seem to match descriptions he had gathered.

He’d recently reviewed Subach’s corporate governance, including details of shareholders, board membership and financial status. Datatech had recently been making some changes, he’d found. New significant shareholds, several meetings, nothing particularly interesting beyond the wide variety of share owners. Not the usual kind of investors. Still, he had far more interest in the Sith connection than any corporate details. Old allegiances were potentially a treat to the ASA. Raziel had yet to decide how to act on the AEL request. Perhaps personally sending a few minor details would broach a connection with another galactic power, without putting his position at risk.

He carried on digging through the executive’s memories. Extending his web and securing this strand. Soon he would be able to give it a little pull and see where it led. At the very least, the wine list here was exceptional.

(OOC: [member=Enigma] bit of info on subach to help out please?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom