Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Will Rebuild - 8 NOV 2013

I usually keep all my files I work on on a memory stick for safe keeping, this will now become a HUGE part of my online business since now I have to redo vortusa and vortek, as well as acid panther by scratch. It bites when you forget to save some things to a data storage device and a thing like this happens.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@[member="Elijah Rowlin"]

• Upon reading the First Post you will be surprised to discover we lost all posts and edits all the way back to August 17th of this year.
  • There are a number of steps you can take to recover your lost tech using Google Cache technology. Please see this Forum.
  • If you cannot recover your tech you will need to resubmit it for approval at a later date. The Staff will continue to advise us about this subject in the coming days. Thanks for your patience.

Words actually cannot express how sick I feel right now. I literally feel physically sick reading all of this. Before I continue into this post, let me make it clear that I understand what was said in the original post, why this has happened and that whilst this is the fault of Tef, I am not going to entirely lay the blame on him. After all, there should have been sufficient back ups.

But the fact of the matter is that, after two and a half months of roleplaying where I spent many, many hours immersing myself in the already established lore and history of Chaos, finding a way to incorporate my character (Vazela) into the new environment I found myself in, spending hours getting to know the members of my faction, setting out detailed plans with @[member="Tyrin Ardik"] and so on. This is beyond disappointing, if I can be brutally honest.

I honestly don't know what I am going to do now. Should I start up from scratch? Do I have the time for that? All of the posts that I made I expected not to be gone after I had done them. I spent two months abiding by the rules set by this administration time for the construction of my ship and for what?

Trying to get this as PG as possible, this has really, really made me angry and I don't even have anyone to blame. Man, I really hate this when this happens.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Calm down, dude. Everyone's feeling the same way. Being bitter about it isn't going to help the situation, nor is it anything other than a waste of your time.

I'm choosing to re-start my character on the direction that he was already going. I'm using this wipe as a timeskip. Simple as that. Why worry, when you can act?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Valeza, I feel ya man. Right there with ya. Sorry for the loss. Many of us feel exactly as you do. I myself will be taking Qae's invitation and trying to stay as positive as possible. Looking at this as an opportunity to do something new and forge ahead.

Best wishes and hoping for the best,

JSC

AE has only been affected in that the consolidation of GI members is being streamlined, and the Rakata Prime dominion is considered to have finished taking place. Our plots haven't been lost, and our members remain united.

Losing the past does not mean you lose the future. Old threads can be saved, but they were never necessary to continue on to new threads. Already Mirien and I have restored AE to full functionality, with the sole exception of a couple Asha'ladier things I need from Midve. Yes it sucks, but freaking out does not help you or anyone else. Just do what you would have done anyway, save what you can, redo what you can't, and move on.

*hugs everyone and gives two hugs to Tef* Things happen and we'll all recover... Yeah it sucks and some of the hard work is gone. Still, let's look at the big picture. This was just a few months of last work. Some of us have been through worse when other boards lost years of work, yay ezboard waste of '05... and did not stop us from posting and coming up with ideas. With the cache of google, this isn't a total lost. Go along and be mad, sad, a goat on a boat, and even crazy but the world is not ending. We'll move on and I'll continue to lick everyone. Live with it :p The End *bows*

So lots of hugs and licks... back to my LOA *parties and drinks at a b-day party*

*insert inspirational speech here*

Luckily for me, most of what we lost is when I was RPing on this sort of level.

down_graph-blog_thumbnail1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom