Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Who Are About to Die...

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
salute.gif

D I S T R A C T I O N
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png

There was a smart man who once said the only constant thing in life was change. Change was inevitable, and those who did not embrace that fact were left behind to wallow in the leftovers of those who had. For a long time Judah had lived his life avoiding it. Perhaps he had not wanted to see the need for the Jedi to become something he did not like, maybe he was trying to avoid the pain of his past. Regardless, Judah had turned his back on many things because he had been unwilling to… change.

His past had always been in service to the Jedi. From his days in the Army of Light to the work he did for Je’daii or the Galactic Alliance now, Judah did not stray from his ideals. That did not mean he had always answered the call to follow in line. His nomadic lifestyle had led him to Korriban on a whim of feeling from the force. It was strange how destinies were formed and collided on something so small as a feeling. Following it had been the best thing Judah had done in a long time.

Valery Noble had done the same. A small nudge to a place she had likely visited many times hunting Sith had brought her face to face with her past, and a new future. It was rare the universe granted someone the ability to atone for the ignorant sins of the past, and in this she had been fortunate. Korriban had given them both a chance to become someone different, to change.

They both embraced it.

It was why Valery agreed to meet Judah when he suggested his investigations had turned up something that might pique her interest. From one shadow to another, they seemed to have a connection that was pure in every way. They understood each other which was why Judah was willing to trust her with another of his whims. They sat aboard his ship Morning Star as it passed through hyperspace toward Tatooine. A recent trip to Coruscant had seen the Jedi Shadow uncover a slaver ring that had deeper ties than he first imagined.

“So… that is when I figured out that this slaver crew was just one part of a larger operation. I did some digging around and found out that a lot of the traffic ends up on Tatooine, go figure. With the absence of the Confederacy of Independent Systems a lot of the illegal pit fights have started up again. Bodies were on short supply… sooo… you guessed it sugar. Slaves!”

Judah had been rambling for a while, filling the brunette in on how he figured out what was going on. He may have left out the details about a certain blonde madame and the fact he went inside the club… brothel… whatever they called the things these days.

The proximity alarms sounded, and Judah grabbed the two mugs of caf they had been drinking and poured the contents of it down the sink. Setting the mugs in a secure place he motioned with his head for Valery to follow him and strap in. He loved his ship, and it looked well loved and lived in. They had been through a lot together, and it showed the signs of it in the same way Judah was showing a bit more of his own age.

Judah strapped in and took them down. The coordinates he had gotten from his information broker had been spot on. Of course they would be, she was good at what she did. They were going to have to blend in a little as two Jedi walking about would draw way too much attention. Fortunately Judah knew how to dress the part, and his cybernetic arm allowed him to hide one of his lightsabers inside of it. It was a little trick that saved his life more times than he could count, one he passed on to his nephew.

“Okay… going over the plan one more time,” Judah said after they landed. “We are in the market for a couple of really awesome smugglers looking to get into something that pays a lot better. I’m the devilishly handsome rogue captain, and you’re the wickedly hot and curvaceous mechanic. Oh and you’re madly in love with me.”

He waited for her reaction.

“Got it?”

Wearing: xxx
Weapon: xxx
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

n0m34qi.png
04Chmsg.gif

Valery: Appearance
Lightsabers: Link!
Wearing: Outfit
Tag: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan
Valery sat quietly in her seat while she listened to Judah explaining how exactly he discovered this large operation in the underworld of Tatooine. Even though she used to be a Jedi Shadow, Valery rarely spent her time hunting down criminal organizations or other illegal businesses in the outer rim. Her focus was always the seemingly eternal conflict against the Dark Side, so his request for her help with this brought her into less familiar territory.
Luckily she still had some experience though, especially after her recent adventures on Denon, and she trusted Judah more than she'd likely tell him. From one Shadow to another, she understood what it meant when they requested help, and she wasn't one to deny it when the call for assistance seemed genuine.
"Pit fights and slaver rings?" Valery set aside her cup of caf and let out a soft sigh. She had always had an extremely strong dislike for slavers, which had only grown in recent times, having rescued the girl who is now her Padawan from such a group. Her hand returned to check on the lightsaber hilt she kept concealed within her jacket, then the blaster she had tied to her hip, and finally, she'd offer him a nod.
"Not my specialty, but I'm sure we can work it out together, hm?" she asked before her attention was drawn to the instruments right as the proximity alarm began to go off. Much like him, she strapped in and turned her gaze out through the window while the ship began its descent. The Morning Star reminded her of the Bastion in many ways, the ship Kahlil and her owned to travel around with. Both felt comfortable, like a home they could bring along anywhere they went.
"I assume we're going to be starting our investigation near one of these fighting pits?" Valery asked as the ship settled down on its landing gear, and all the straps came off so they could get going. Regardless of where they'd end up, she knew this was going to be a pretty tough mission. Hiding the fact that you were a Jedi involved more than changing into a jacket and jeans — she had to change her attitude and be careful with how she responded to injustice around her.
The two then stepped off the ship, where Valery paused as he explained their cover story. "You don't ever feel any shame when you say such things, do you?" her eyes narrowed a little, "My engineering skills are mostly quite terrible, but I can work on ships well enough. So I'll play the mechanic," she said with a look that showed the latter part of what he mentioned wasn't going to be included in her act.
"If you know where to go, lead the way."
n0m34qi.png

D I S T R A C T I O N
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png

“Slavers and pit fights, oh my,” Judah said with a chuckle in some form of a mock. “You’re a shadow, anything that stinks of bad juju is your specialty.”

The Jedi winked as he wandered off, leaving his comment to settle. Val had been so focused on going after the Sith that Judah wondered if she forgot about the other dark things which went bump in the night. For the most part the Sith of this era were out in the open, in your face. It made more sense for the Guardians to take care of them. What lurked in the shadows was not less evil than the Sith, and just as powerful. They simply threatened the citizens of the galaxy in a different way, by going after their freedoms.

Once the ship had landed, Judah started for the cargo bay which housed his speeder bike. He took a look at Val one more time, before nodding.

“Yeah… you look the part, just remember, gotta act the part.”

Of course she had to comment on his banter. Did Judah feel any shame? Not really. He was who he was in that regard, and at his age that was not about to change. Besides, if he could not admire the beauty of one of his friends in his own way, then something was terribly wrong. Granted, Judah also did it for the response.

He simply smirked.

“Can’t help it, you know that. Just a little harmless banter that is based on personal opinion and fact. Both of these being that you are a gorgeous specimen of the females of our species. Besides… it’s not like I am actively trying to sleep with you. I know you’re committed to your man. I’ve loved and lost. Not about to get in the way of something when I can see that you’re as happy as I was when my wife was still alive. Might be a flirt, but at least I’m not a gamorrean.”

Judah jumped on his bike, and nodded for Val to hop on the back.

It was not a long ride, and the pair arrived before it felt like they even started. The fighting pit itself was smaller than Judah expected. Then again, they did not have the manpower for a larger operation. This was covert. They needed to identify the ring, how it worked. It was more recon that action, but Judah had a feeling something was going to go wrong. He always did. It was what ensured he was always read.

There was a grand bazaar surrounding the fighting arena. Vendors selling various wares littered the open the streets which led to the main attraction. The aroma of local and alien foods filled the area, and had it not been for the reason they were there, Judah would likely stop to enjoy the culture. He nudged Val, pointing out a booth that was selling traditional Corellian comfort foods. They would have to stop there later.

“Just need to find a way in… preferable without spending credits on tickets. Ideas?”

n0m34qi.png
"Technically, I was a Shadow," Valery said with a roll of her eyes and a smirk at his somewhat mocking comment. "It's not my priority to work as one anymore, but I'm still happy to help when I can," she said as she followed him through the ship and into the cargo bay. At this point, it had been some time since she stepped down from being a Shadow in an official capacity, but when time allowed it, she often still find herself going back to act as one.
It was a way of life one couldn't entirely leave behind.
"I'll act the part, don't worry." She looked at him but her eyes quickly shifted to the speeder bike that was waiting for them. Valery had one herself, a rather powerful one at that, and the feeling she got whenever she took it for a ride was always amazing. So just seeing one and knowing they were going to be driving it brought a bit of a smirk to her lips.
"I also know you're just a flirt, and mean well." The woman said as she jumped on the back of the bike and made sure she was ready to take off. "So don't worry there and well, I'm certainly glad you're not a Gamorrean," she said jokingly but she was serious about what she said at first. The more time she spent with Judah, the more she understood about his past and the relationship he had with his wife.
As flirty and honest as he was, he never crossed the line.
The two Jedi Shadows then finally took off, and Valery used the fact that she wasn't driving to take a close look around. She took note of entry and exit points, how well everything was guarded and even the Corellian food stall didn't slip her mind. But much like him, this place gave her a bad feeling — it was almost impossible for this mission to go entirely smoothly. Either way, Valery was ready to handle it.
"Maybe the handsome captain can join as a fighter, and get a closer look inside?" It was partially a joke, but it was an option at the same time. One if taken, Valery would likely insist that she'd be the one fighting — it was in her nature.
"I can always Cloak and sneak in, but I'd rather be careful trying such things here."
n0m34qi.png

D I S T R A C T I O N
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png

Judah nodded. It seemed the two had an understanding. He also let out a good laugh as it seemed the Val loosened up enough to tease him about the green pig ogre alien comment. It was always way more fun when the banter and teasing was reciprocated, even if it wasn’t going to lead to anything more. Could he be interested in Valery that way, sure, if he let himself be. He would have to be a moron to not see how great she was, but Judah also needed friends, and that was what Val was… a very good friend.

The bike hovered near the entrance as they two were about as close as they could be without actually going in. It was getting busier with each passing moment which could only mean one thing, the fights were about to start. Judah almost missed her suggestion, which would have been unfortunate because she left herself wide open with an invitation to really tease her good.

“Awwww look at that… you finally admitted that you think I’m handsome. It’s the scar, isn't it? I hear the chicks really dig it.”

He looked at the gate. Did he want to enter the fight as a late addition? Not if he could help it. While Judah was an excellent combatant, this was not the time for either of them to showcase what they were actually capable of. It was the fastest way to blow their covers.

“I don’t think the cloak would work. My guess is, if they’re smart, they got lizards all over the place to prevent force users from having an advantage. It’s what I would do anyway.”

The comment would seem out of place to anyone who did not know his past. Judah had not quite shared everything about his younger life with Valery, but his mannerisms did speak to what his life might have been like before he was a Jedi. If she watched him carefully she would pick up on the fact he seemed to fit the part a little too well.

“Fighting puts us both at risk of blowing our cover, but I think I have someone that can help. I can see if my info broker can score us a way inside.”

Judah pulled out his personal comm and quickly tapped in a number. It rang a few times before going to voice mail recording.

“Must be with a client or something,” Judah said before dialing again…

Hopefully this time she picked up.​

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse

Not that it was any of his Forcedamned business, but she hadn't been with a client.

She had been sitting in on Lomya's therapy session.

And she had had to excuse herself to the poor Twi'lek's dismay. It had been a few months since Malcoma had put her wing around the teenager, since the madam had caught the scent of her slaver ring, but it felt like it had only been a few days. Every few shaky steps forward Malcoma took with her through her profound trauma was completely undone by as little as a gust of particularly strong artificial wind.

Malcoma picked up on the fifth ring a moment before Judah was redirected to her voicemail again. As she rounded the corner into another hallway, she articulated calmly into her earpiece, :: Some of us have nine to five jobs and can't go galivanting across the... :: A translucent blue image of Judah and his surroundings flickered onto her iris. She could just make out the figure of a woman nearby. :: Oh, Judah, darling, threesomes just don't work over the comm. Take it from me. ::

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
"Awwww look at that… you finally admitted that you think I'm handsome. It's the scar, isn't it? I hear the chicks really dig it."
Valery offered no verbal response, and simply rolled her eyes again. She was definitely used to comments like this from him, and despite her response, she couldn't help but smirk a little. It was simply too amusing. Her eyes then shifted towards the gate going into the fighting ring as well, and she considered what he said.
"You're probably right, we should avoid fighting or drawing attention to ourselves." She let out a soft sigh and turned away, trying to come up with some other method of getting inside. But she had nothing and turned to Judah again in time for him to mention a new option. An info broker? Valery had worked with one or two before, and they had always proven capable. But for someone not currently with them to help the two get inside was... tricky.
"Let's give it a shot, certainly can't hurt," Valery said and while she waited for the call to be accepted, she'd keep her eyes on their surroundings, making sure nobody was listening in or watching them. Then moments later, the call was finally answered, and a woman's voice came through.
:: Oh, Judah, darling, threesomes just don't work over the comm. Take it from me. ::
Valery blinked and resisted the urge to make a gagging motion, before glaring over to Judah, "Info broker, hm?" she asked with a tilt of her head. "Sure it's not family of yours?" she now grinned a little, taking a moment to strike back just a little bit for all the comments he made. But his reaction to the woman's question was likely going to get her even more ammo to use.
n0m34qi.png

D I S T R A C T I O N
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png

:: Some of us have nine to five jobs and can't go gallivanting across the... ::

Judah tried to get Mal’s attention before she said something that would give away her secret. He was not alone, which in retrospect made calling her a risk. Unfortunately, if they wanted to maintain the covers they had chosen, they had to take it. Of course the call was going about as well as Judah thought it might. Another hindsight observation was never put Val and Mal in the same space together. There was only one way this was going to go, and Judah was going to be the one feeling the burn.

:: Oh, Judah, darling, threesomes just don't work over the comm. Take it from me. ::

:: “Are you offering?" ::

Judah smirked before realizing his present company. Banter came natural to Judah, and Malcoma made it easier, even encouraged it. He heard Valery’s comment and turned with a roll of his eyes.

“Yes, info broker, and I certainly hope we aren’t related… that would be awkward.”

Valery could assume whatever she wanted to based on that comment. On this front he actually did not care what conclusions the other Jedi drew. It might be fun if she took it further than Judah had intended. Force knew if Val was going to start teasing him, and if Malcoma was going to help, Judah needed every small little victory he could get.

:: Sorry babe… I hope I didn’t interrupt something important. You got my message about where that stuff we found out about that slaving ring led to yeah? Long story short… followed it to Tatooine… roped in some help. We can’t get in without blowing our cover, and I was hoping you could work your magic and find us a way in. Promise I’ll make it up to ya sweets.” ::

Judah looked back to Valery…

“She’ll pull through… she always does.”

The Jedi was crossing his fingers that he was right.​

Nothing important?

Yes, like all she did of worth was fuck.

Malcoma came to a window overlooking the Coruscanti cityscape. The washed-out silhouette of the Senate Building was on the afternoon horizon. To bask in the sun in for the first time in months was an indescribable feeling. It sent tingles through her face and neck, equal part physically and emotionally warm.

But the sensations didn't linger; Judah's request chased every last one away. The so-called info broker sighed and sat down on a daybed situated in the window's viewing alcove. She set her handbag beside her to pull out her datapad. :: Depends on how dirty you're willing to get. Shut your mouth, :: she warned harshly. Unlike their last meeting, she was in no mood for innuendo, nor however he meant to make this inconvenience up to her. Her desire was rather simple: the quicker this was over, the sooner she could rejoin Lomya.

A few taps of songsteel nail tips on the pad's glass screen brought up a intelligence report Damris had gotten one of his Tatooine contacts to draw up. She scrolled around on the structure's blueprints until she found what she was looking for. :: There's a sewer system with an apparently rusted-out grate. Unfortunate for them...and you too, but it's as subtle as entrances get. ::

She powered off the datapad and stuffed it back amongst her things. :: It leads into the dungeons, :: she added. Her man's man hadn't gotten any further into the pits as Judah and Valey had now, but Malcoma didn't need to be told so. She knew. All Tatooine coliseums were build the same. :: You should be able to slip up into the bleachers if you can make it a few rooms over to a service ladder, but if you're caught, you'll have to come up with a good excuse as to why you're there. ::

R E M E M B E R
GADivider-Blue.png

judah-temp.png
:: Depends on how dirty you're willing to get. Shut your mouth, ::
Judah was about to say something, but Malcome stopped him before he could even walk through the wide open door she had left for him. Clearly something was bothering her, and she was quite annoyed with Judah’s call it seemed. Women… no matter how well Judah thought he knew them he could never predict their moods. The day any man figured that one out, that man would be a god!​
He looked over to Val with a shrug. She had to be enjoying this way more than she was letting on. Judah sighed as he mouthed the word “sorry.” Malcoma was scrolling through what she had as quickly as she could, and soon Judah’s device dinged. He looked at the plan which they had been sent as the blonde madame explained what they had to work with.​
A sewer.​
At least it led to the dungeons which is actually exactly where Judah wanted to go, eventually. Were they ready to free a bunch of fighters just yet, no, but hey this was great intel. He nodded as he showed Val the map.​
“Told you she would pull through.”
Subtle was the best they could hope for, and no one was going to suspect that someone would want to break into the arena dungeons. Most sane people would want to break out. Clearly Judah and Valery were not sane. It was going to be an interesting trek, and they were going to end up smelling like… well… chit.​
“Well we don’t plan on getting caught. Thanks hun… btw… you okay. She okay?”
click
The line just went dead.​
“Malcoma… Mal? You there baby…”
Judah shrugged and chuckled as he looked to Valery.​
“I think she hung up on me.”
He stuffed his comm device back where he had pulled it from earlier. He was pretty certain Valery was not thrilled about the idea of a sewer. Between both of them they had likely traversed many a rotten smelling passageway into whatever building they were sneaking into. It was the way of the Jedi Shadow. Man did it sure suck sometimes.​
“So, you got that… through the sewer and up a service ladder… what could go wrong?”

n0m34qi.png
When Judah turned his eyes to Valery after being told to shut up, she'd meet his gaze with a gentle shaking of her head. It was probably a good thing that the woman cut him off before he was able to make more comments because it would have only given Valery more ammo to use against him later.
Or it would have been more facepalming.
Valery then quietly listened to the plan that was proposed and nodded along — the idea of going through sewers was never great, but it wasn't entirely new either. Sewers, ventilation shafts, maintenance tunnels; they often made for amazing ways into a building or even ways out. As a Shadow, she had a feeling it wouldn't be too unfamiliar to Judah either.
"Mhmm, I'll admit that it was useful," she said before a final interaction followed between Judah and Malcoma. One that, again, made Valery shake her head lightly.
"She did hang up on you, and can't say I blame her." A smirk found a way to her face. Valery then turned around and looked over at the fighting ring again.
"We should be fine in the sewers but something tells me we're going to find trouble soon enough." Her gaze shifted back to him and a brief sigh followed. "Ready to get going? I think the fights are starting soon."
n0m34qi.png

G L A D I A T O R
blue-div.png

judah-temp.png
"You're loving this, aren't you," Judah shot back at Valery as he started heading around the arena.​
The map had been specific about where they could find the rusted gate which would lead into the sewer system. Judah was not looking forward to it. A smell like what they were going to be wading through had the ability to stick around for longer than one wanted it to, even after several washes of various methods. They found the gate exactly where Malcoma had told them it would be. Judah stopped the bike, and after the pair had dismounted, he pressed a remote and sent it back to his ship.​
"Look at that… she was right on point."
A cheshire grin stretched across the Jedi's face knowing he had struck gold when he met the blonde. She may have been part of a world Judah had chosen to leave behind to join the Jedi, one he tried to avoid when he could, but she was definitely worth any risk associated with it. They had figured out a system, and while Judah avoided calling directly to keep the suspicious eyes of the donna off of them, this had necessitated it. Judah was not about to let this particular chain of slaver rings slip away from him.​
The opening was large enough for them both. It seemed to be neglected, enough so Judah had hoped no one remembered it was there. If it wasn't that, then they could expect some traps inside. He certainly hoped that was not the case either. As much as he wanted this to be easy, Judah had a sinking feeling in his gut that this was about to get way more complicated than it needed to be.​
"This is the part that gets a little rusty," he said as they turned a corner. "She said it would take us up into the stands, or spit us out into the dungeons. Either would be good, unless she meant in in the dungeons, in that case we are in trouble."
He chuckled, and almost walked right into the ladder he had been looking for. Clearly his eyes were not as young and clear as they had once been. Smiling, Judah started climbing the ladder. He didn't even wait or offer some kind of smug flirtatious remark about letting her go first just so he could check her out. The call with Malcoma may have humbled him enough to let that side of take a break for a bit.​
<< "Hey, we're getting close, I can hear it," >> his words echoed in Valery's mind as he lifted the manhole cover and peeked into the room above them.​
"Chit," he whispered, "it opens into the guardsmen's living quarters."
Yup… they were in trouble.​

n0m34qi.png
Judah asked if she was loving it, but she didn't even say anything. Valery just smirked and knew that the way she looked at him alone made it rather obvious that this was extremely amusing to her. But as funny as it was to see him humbled a little, there was a job to do as well so Valery quickly focused again.
Not long after, they arrived at the location they were given, and everything seemed to check out. The entrance into the sewers was unguarded and large enough for them to get through, so it seemed safe enough. Of course, there was still some hesitation over the smell, but she buried it away quickly and followed after him.
"Hopefully just somewhere quiet; I don't want to draw attention," Valery whispered as they moved towards the ladder within the sewers. With her Keshian eyes, she could see it a bit better than Judah, but she wasn't really thinking about that as he almost walked into it. Or perhaps she just thought it was funny to see him almost hit a wall?
Valery smirked and began to climb up after him, only to have her fears confirmed — this wasn't going to be easy. As the manhole cover came loose, it made just enough sound to alert one person nearby.
"The fuck was that?" the deep voice asked as it began to look for the source. Some other movement could be heard as well and even turning back into the sewers now seemed like it wasn't going to be helpful.
Valery's hand quickly slipped down to the blaster pistol on her belt, which Kahlil had taught her how to use decently enough, and she looked up at Judah, who was still on the ladder above her. Either they were going to head away and lose their opportunity, or they'd have to act quickly and do... something.
n0m34qi.png

G L A D I A T O R
blue-div.png

judah-temp.png

He nodded, hoping the ladder led somewhere quiet, and frowned when it did not. The exploitive coming from the guard that stood above the manhole cover had alerted the rest of the room. It was unfortunate because had it not, Judah could have simply used a mind trick to serve as a distraction. Instead four other guards were making their way to cover. Naturally Judah lowered it, but they'd already been spotted.

He did not need to say a word. Valery had a way of knowing what Judah was thinking before he knew, so the shadow simply sprung into action. Pressing the force to his legs, the Jedi leaped the opening, which knocked out the guard closest. The lightsaber he's hidden in his cybernetic launched into his hand, igniting as he came down on another guard, cleaving him in two before landing in his feet.

Judah turned to watch as Valery did her own thing. She would have likely moved sooner had Judah not been in the way. Between the two of them they had to be quick and as silent as possible to avoid attracting the attention of any other guards in the immediate area.

"Hopefully no one heard that," Judah said when all the guards had been neutralized.

There was a sudden bang at the door.

"Everything okay in there?"

Judah froze. His eyes grew wide as he turned to Valery once more.

"We're gonna need a new plan."

n0m34qi.png
When they decided to go through the sewers, Valery had really hoped to avoid running into guards or other dangerous figures. But rather than avoid them, the two Jedi were taken right into the heart of the issue, and there was no way back now. The guard close to the manhole knew someone was down in the sewers, and it would only be a matter of time before more of them caught on.
Luckily, she didn't have to coordinate much with Judah — he did exactly what she would have and jumped out into the room with enough explosive force to knock out the guard close to the lid. His lightsaber ignited and by the time he struck down another, Valery was up into the room with her own lightsaber to engage one of the others.
All-in-all, the clash didn't last very long and no blasters had been fired. Still, though, they made enough sound to have drawn the attention of someone outside the room. He banged on the door and demanded to know what was going on inside.
"Hide down in the sewers." Valery then said before she nudged him in that direction, "They don't know there are two of us, and you're the one with access to more information about this place." she said, referring to his info broker. She had a feeling he'd protest against this, so she tried to make sure he didn't have time to negotiate a different plan.
She deactivated her lightsaber and walked up to the door, which was opened moments later by the guard officer, who had several more lining up behind him. They'd spot the bodies rather quickly, and Valery raised her hands with the hilt still in her palm. If they'd try to kill her, she'd fight.
"I surrender."
n0m34qi.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom