Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We Want Dis

The twins figured that Dis Dis would find a lot of this here interesting. He was as curious and naive as they were in regards to many different thinfs in the Galaxy. It was nice to not be talked down to. Some had a habit of doing that.

~Tacitus is what we know him as.~

~Although that might not even be his real name.~

~We had never seen him before or heard of him until the Ghost Ship.~

~Is there a Netherworld for every dimension?~ That would really be something if there was.

• Love
Reactions: Dis
Dis the Shadow(cat)
Shadowcat, explorer and wanderer; Owner of the Cat’s Paw; Member of the Greystone Mercantile
757nR5d.png
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy
x6D4WMI.png
Tacitus, Tacitus, Tacitus. Shadowcat tilted their head slightly to the side, they were not familiar with the name at all. But that wasn’t as surprising, Netherworld was as huge as Realspace, or at least deceptive in size. There were billions of souls in the Netherworld, and then they didn’t even count those who became completely one with the Force.

~ No, unfortunately his name is not familiar, but I will ask if anyone has heard of him. ~ they replied and offered enthusiastically as they conveyed the feeling to the girls.

However, they knew the answer to the next question immediately. They shook their head, and the shadows followed their movement even now.

~ No, there is only one Netherworld, but it has a large area. It consists of different zones, they all look different, there are settlements and cities in several places. Some places have similar conditions as here in Realspace, but elsewhere they are very different. A very diverse and colourful world. Have you ever been there? ~ they asked curiously.

gU6KoIz.png

The twins nodded, acknowledging that Dis Dis didn't know Tacitus. They didn't know of him themselves until they were summoned for the job.

But upon hearing that the Netherworld was more or less like the waking world, that was something else entirely.

~No we have never been.~

~We have never looked.~

~Do people have jobs there. Do they eat? Do they sleep?~

It sounded like it wasn't much to look forward to. Ivy hoped that she wouldn't have to look for Willow there, if their visions came true. But maybe there were pretty places there too. Ones that weren't like realspace.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
Shadowcat, explorer and wanderer; Owner of the Cat’s Paw; Member of the Greystone Mercantile
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
Dis was always enthusiastic if they could tell us about the Netherworld. Shadowcat thought both worlds were beautiful and interesting. There were countless places to explore in both places, just in Realspace because of the mortals, everything happened much faster here than there. Sometimes it was helpful the time passed in different ways in the Nether in different places.

~ It depends on many things. Most things or creatures over there are already dead, not breathing, not sleeping, not eating. They may have a physical body, but they are different from mortals. There are species that the Force keeps alive, others have to absorb environmental energies, others are fed by emotions. ~ they explained enthusiastically.

They paused for a moment, then continued.

~ But those who come from here, from Realspace, have to eat and drink the same way they do here. Because from the fact that they come through, they still live the same way and are in their physical bodies as before. I hope I was clear. ~

They said or rather asked and blinked two more lazily at the end.

gU6KoIz.png

Willow and Ivy looked to eachother briefly as Dis Dis explained the Netherworld. It was strange to hear and of course gave them many more questions to ask.

~Those that come from here....after they die....they still have to eat and drink?~

~What happens if their bodies are destroyed here? They'd have nothing there but their spirits. Nothing to eat or drink with or anywhere for that food and drink to go too.~

~Would they never have rest? Never have peace if they still have to work?~

That wouldn't be good for the twins. If their powers extended to after their deaths, then they'd surely be put to work there too. And what if there wasn't someone like Broka there to protect them and treat them well? They could be trapped working for those that were cruel. It would easily be a nightmare for them, and one that they could never escape from.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
Dis received interesting questions; since they are visiting the Realspace, they had already experienced that a lot of people imagine Netherworld in different ways. Though it was possible to get through there, someone could really have written a book about it. Maybe Shadowcat should write a book about this sometime. They'll figure it out in time.

~ No, who dies becomes one with the Force, most really merge with him and become a part of it. There are those who are strong and able to preserve themselves, they will be the Force Spirits, and demons. As long as they are in the Nether, they are stay “alive" by the Force, the Force Spirits in Realspace as well, in many cases the demons as well. Otherwise, they already have to feed on vitality here, but not in their natural habitat. How the Force Spirits stay "alive" in the Realspace, I don't know. ~

The Shadowcat explained this to the girls.

~ If they are completely destroyed, there are two options. Either they cease to be a demon, a Force Spirit, and they become one with the Force, they find peace there, or they cease to exist completely. ~

This was never a pleasant thought for the Shadowcat.

~ Most places are deadly there, rough, wild and harsh. If you are not in a safe place, you have to fight for your existence. ~

gU6KoIz.png

The twins listened to Dis Dis , although it brought little comfort to them in regards to what could happen after death. The death of Willow was something that the twins had witnessed through dreams and visions before and neither wanted to think of what horrors awaited them should that come to pass.

~I hope that we never go there. It is difficult finding a safe place here, let alone over there in the Netherworld.~

~But it is hard to say what could happen to us or where we would go.~

~And we hope that we would be able to die together.~ Being alone was something that the twins had never experienced and so it was easy to guess that it was something that they feared greatly as well.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
~ Oh, no need to worry, a lot of friends are there too! ~ they said enthusiastically and conveyed this to the girls.

There really was a lot, there were the crows too, the wolf-like creatures that the Shadows loved to tame. And for a very long time, it would have been possible to list friendly demons or other creatures. Many are only hostile with the living, but not to the dead.

~ Our city, the Masque is safe, or the city of Valkyrja, but even beyond these, there are places that are not dangerous for mortals, I mean for the living either, and these are shelters. ~ they explained.

The next was again a sadder topic to which they did not respond, preferring to switch to a more cheerful topic.

~ If you want, I can show you the Netherworld sometime. ~ they offered.

gU6KoIz.png

The twins thought it over. They'd need some help in the Netherworld for sure, for they could easily get lost and into trouble from those that wish to harm them or do exoeriments on them. Over there they wouldn't have any protection. They would only have eachother.

~To have a tour would be great. Then when we die...~

~We'd know where to go to be safe.~

~Are the shelters pretty? Are there flowers?~ It was difficult for them to guess what the Netherworld would even look like. Was it above ground or not? Was there no ground at all and everyone was in a black void? Or in a fog? It was hard to say. But Dis Dis surely had all the answers.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
~ Variable, some areas are just wilderness, others are fabulous. There is a part of Netherworld that is completely similar to Realspace, other places are like someone dreaming, blurred, not real, dreamlike. There are really a lot of different places out there, forests, flowers, meadows, lakes. Elsewhere it is just lava or wasteland. ~ they explained.

They didn’t really know how to tell this better because it was really so diverse and in many places the laws of the physical world didn’t even prevail over there. But the silvery forests of the Valkyrja, the luminous flowers, they were fabulous. Luckily, Dis knew where they were, so they’ll be able to show the most beautiful places to the girls.

~ I didn’t come with my spaceship now, so I can’t show you the place, but later, if we arrange another meeting, I’ll come with my ship and I can take you to Netherworld and bring you home after the trip. ~ they offered, and they did not intentionally react to the part related to death.

gU6KoIz.png

The transition from an area like realspace to one of a blurry dream must be an odd one. The twins imagined being halfway in each, or at least poking their arms into one or the other.

The offer that Dis Dis made of taking them on his ship was a great one. However there was a slight hiccup in that plan. The twins didn't exactly get to go wherever they wanted whenever they wanted. There were rules that they had to live by, some more strict than others.

~Our employer Broka would need to be asked for permission.~

~Yes, he tells us where we can and cannot go.~

~You will need to convince him that it is safe.~

~And assure him that you aren't kidnapping us from him.~

Willow nodded. ~Yes, we are very important to him.~

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
When they already believed that everything would be fine, it turned out not to be. They were still of the opinion that mortals were very strange. For instead of the girls happily saying yes to Shadowcat, they were reluctant instead and said they needed permission because their employer was weird.

~ Are you a slaves? ~ they asked.

To Dis, this seemed different like to the girls, to the Shadow it was slavery. The slavers need such permits there. Free people are free to go where they want and not have to ask anyone for permission for anything. At least they need to take a day off or a vacation if they are working, but they don’t have to say why either.

~ I don't talk to slavers unless I can free you, I don't like slavery ~ they hiss and they also ruffled their shadow fur.

gU6KoIz.png

Both Willow and Ivy raised their brows. It seemed as though quite a few people have believed the twins to be slaves. Some had even wanted to 'free' them. Yet it wasn't as though they could live anywhere and support themselves.

~No, we are not slaves.~

~We earn an income. Broka gives us some credits to spend every week if we want to.~

~We are just....very valuable to him and he doesn't want us stolen.~

~Slavery is not allowed in Silver space. Broka would get in trouble if he had them.~

~Broka is good to us. He protects us and spoils us.~

~We can ask him if he will allow us to visit for you. Guards might accompany us though. Would that be alright?~

Dis Dis

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
Dis tilted their head back and forth at the girls' words. They were definitely not convinced that this was not slavery. For them, it was completely that. If someone restricted someone’s life, didn’t allow things, watched, it was certainly servitude. Not even Greystone and Masque liked that, and it was a big word. They may pay someone, take care of them, take care of them, but that person lives in a gold cage. And it seemed to Shadowcat that this was exactly what was happening now.

~ From the fact that you are not locked in and you're not in a cell, it is still slavery, only in a much more sophisticated way. ~ they explained.

They nodded at their words. It was rare for them to understand something mortal better than a mortal.

~ If someone is watching, or taking care of you for their own self-interest, it is not freedom. Freedom in this case is a false illusion, and you are his prisoners, you just don’t notice. You think it's for you, but this Broka is only using you for his own benefit, not your interests. ~

They paused for a few moments, then “spoke” again.

~ If you come with me, I will not bring you back, you can live in safety and no one will have you anymore. You could have been your own "masters". ~ they offered.

gU6KoIz.png

Willow and Ivy just stared at Dis Dis , their shoulders slumping as the shadowcat tried to convince them that they were slaves to Broka. Even that they were his prisoners.

It just couldn't be true! They had been held prisoner by a warlord that had beaten them, starved them, locked them up, and used their talents to earn him money. But Broka wasn't like that. Yes, they were intimidated by him, and he was capable of punishing them if he wanted. However they gave him no cause to do so.

And when Dis told them that they wouldn't be brought back if they left, the twins sighed a little, glancing to eachother before returning their attention to Dis.

~Then I'm sorry, but we can't go with you. We are not slaves to Broka. We are his advisors.~

~Others want to split us apart and do experiments on us.~

~Broka keeps us safe from that. He needs us and we need him.~

~Slavery is not allowed here. He would get into trouble by the Jedi if he had them. Yet he hasn't because he hasn't got any slaves. They had already investigated.~

The twins felt bad as they didn't want to believe what they were being told. The consequences for doing so were not to their liking.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
~ I wouldn't do it, if you wanted to come home, I'd bring you home. It’s the opposite of my personality to do something to someone what they don't want. I always ask for permission to use someone’s body as well. ~ they “told” honestly and this feeling was also conveyed to the twins.

They wouldn’t kidnap anyone or do anything like that. Dis was a pacifist and completely peaceful; they may have had friends among the Sith, but the Shadowcat was a benefactor. Didn’t the girls really see the man take advantage of them? A counsellor is not treated that way. In any case, they didn’t want to talk to this person named Broka, whoever he was, because they had a feeling he wouldn’t let the girls go to the Netherworld with them.

~ If you are not a slave, you do not need his permission. I’ll show you a place where time passes more slowly than here in Realspace. We leave in the morning, and come back in the afternoon or the evening. No one will notice that you weren’t home, but you could have many new experiences. ~ they offered.

They could not offer more than that…

gU6KoIz.png

~We are not slaves, but we do need to ask for his permission, just as you do for ...using someone elses' body.~

~Broka is our employer. We ask out of respect for him and everything that he's done for us. He holds no ill will against us...~

Willow and Ivy looked to eachother for a moment. Just like all the others, it would be near impossible for Dis Dis to understand their life. So-called freedom was bound to be more harmful than what they had now. The twins had a short time when they worked for no-one, being cared for by a woman named Shea. But she was killed when small-time warlords came and took the twins away. Hopefully nothing like that would happen to Broka.

~How would it not be known that we are gone? There are cameras in here. We are always under watch.~

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
Dis really didn't like what they heard. The girls were essentially really describing slavery to them and without realizing it all, they just not realised it. Especially when they stated that they were always being watched, it all became certain. What happened in their lives to make them feel good in this situation? Or have they always been in such circumstances?

~ I don’t have to ask permission, I can possess the bodies of others at any time, modify their memory so they don’t remember that I controlled them. Most members of my species do so. ~ they explained that this was a matter of character for them rather than a species thing.

They didn't really know what to do with the situation. It was really slavery for them and Dis couldn’t stand it. However, if the girls accepted it, they had to, too, in such cases not even Greystone did anything if the slave agreed with their fate. And the Shadowcat was sad in all these cases.

~ Is there a chance he'll let you come with me? ~ they asked.

gU6KoIz.png

Most didn't understand the lives of the twins. Dis Dis Was surely among those as well. To be out in the open, unprotected, was a scary prospect. It was just as scary as the idea of being separated and alone. Being alone was completely unknown to them. Just the thought of it was nightmareish. Yet it seemed as though people with 'good' intentions only wanted bad things for them.

And that was truly sad.

~If he does, he'd want assurances that we would be returned.~

~Guards would have to come with us to ensure our safety and security.~

But more than likely Broka would probably deny them the journey. The great Hutt needed them as much as they needed him.

• Love
Dis the Shadow(cat)
757nR5d.png
x6D4WMI.png
Dis was sad about the whole situation and because it seemed like they wouldn’t get anywhere with that. In fact, they even had the feeling that the girls didn’t even want to come. They saw this in a great many who lived in captivity or were slaves that after a while they did not want to leave the usual environment because they were afraid of everything else.

~ I am known in many places there; by very many, it would ruin my good reputation if there were armed guards with me. I'm sorry. ~ no matter how much they wanted to show those places, they couldn't do this in such a way.

Not to mention that many do not like mortals from those whom live there. Such guards would only make them a target and would not be in a safe.

~ I’ll let you think it over and discuss this with this Broka if you really want to come. I'll be back in a few days for an answer! ~ with this they jumped against the wall through which they left the apartment and then returned to Netherworld through the nearest rift.

// Sorry for the late reply, completing the dominions was more important than private games, plus it’s hard to write in the heat wave. And thank you for the game! <3 //
gU6KoIz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom