Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Aliit (Clan Shado)

Xhernai smiled at her and said "I like to think that I'm neither of those but what I just did was nothing short of suicidal or stupid, sorry."

Xhernai sipped his drink and then returned his gaze to Jezza.

"So tell me about yourself, who are you?"

Xhernai smiled at her and said "I like to think that I'm neither of those but what I just did was nothing short of suicidal or stupid, sorry."

Xhernai sipped his drink and then returned his gaze to Jezza.

"So tell me about yourself, who are you?"

"Jezza, Alor'ad of Clan Shado." she replied. "That is all I am willing to share until you tell me just exactly what a Banthas is." Sipping her drink to hide the slight smile beginning to form on her face, Jezza thought to herself that the ale must be doing its job as she was finally beginning to relax a bit. The night may be salvageable yet. Glancing quickly to reassure herself her aliit were still chatting comfortably, Jezza leaned back in her seat awaiting Xhernai's answer

Finally, that guy was gone. Cerasi turned to Michael, giving him a questioning glare. "It's later. What are you thinking? Not killing him right there for his insolence? He'll only bring us trouble." She glanced over at Jezza, her heart sinking in her chest when she saw that man was with her. It looked like a less than casual conversation. Cerasi couldn't hear what was going on from this far away, but he was talking more than her. Shaking herself from her thoughts, she took another sip of her drink. She didn't prefer the taste of alcohol. She wasn't one to drink until she was drunk. She had seen people like that, stumbling around, not able to talk properly, acting like complete idiots. She couldn't disrespect herself that much.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Cerasi Kent"] [member="Jezza Shado"] [member="Xhernai"]

Michael watched the things before him play out as it seemed the atmosphere relaxed a little more. With the new guy, and Jezza talking, Cerasi asked what it was her alor was thinking. To which Michael could only take a sip of his drink, and look at her wounds. He bit his lip, second guessing himself, but restrained his anger with a single sentence.

"It's a feeling, vod'ika."

Xhernai laughed and smiled at Jezza."I like you."
He took another sip of his drink and looked back up at her.

"Heh. You've never seen a Bantha? It's this great big brown, hairy beast that those savage Tuskan Raiders ride." Xhernai chuckled slightly. He drank again.

"Now how 'bout tell me what all of those mean mandalorian things you've been calling me means?" He said with a hearty smile.

"Wait here, I will be right back. We need more drinks and I need to check on Cerasi." Jezza told Xhernai. She grinned back at him, the idiot may have potential. "I will explain after I make sure my aliit is ok." Passing Cerasi on her way to the bar, Jezza paused "Come with me?" Jezza glanced briefly at Michael, she could tell he was angry about something, but right now Jezza simply wanted to relax.

"Huh...a feeling." Cerasi glared at him from her spot. "I just karking hate him. He almost killed me, and he was going to kill you. I don't care about his shit excuses." She sighed and looked back at her brother. "I will trust you, vod. But know that as soon as he makes any wrong move, I will put a blast through that thick skull of his. Tayli'bac?" She felt a tap on her back, looking up to see Jezza. Yes! That woman always made the dalyc feel better. The way she just...existed. Nodding, Cerasi took her helmet and stood, rested her forehead against her brother's head affectionately for a moment, then followed Jezza.

Cerasi's frustration with the situation was obvious, she was not happy with Michael's decision to allow Xhernai to live. "How are you?" Jezza asked Cerasi gently. Jezza ordered three more ales and a nonalcoholic drink for Cerasi while she waited the young dalycs response. Jezza knew that Cerasi rarely drank, that level of vulnerability was unacceptable to her vod. Patiently waiting, Jezza discreetly took Cerasi's hand giving it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "Talk to me"

"I don't understand Michael's decision." She blurted out. "This man has no respect for us, for our ways, for our family. And for him to be going on our very first raid after vod's return?" She paused, shaking her head in disbelief. "I will respect my vod's wishes, but if that utreekov tries anything, I will put a blast through his skull. I don't care if I haven't got an order to do so, I will act on my own." She paused, staring down at the water that had been placed in front of her. "It's....it's not treason if it's for the benefit of our aliit." She gave a pointed glance at Xhernai before looking back to her water. "Our real aliit." She looked up at Jezza. "Serim?"

Jezza understood Cerasi's feelings, she didn't understand Michael's decision either. Xhernai had crossed multiple lines in his attack, all of which should have ended in his death. Glancing past Cerasi, Jezza looked first at Michael and then over to Xhernai. Jezza smiled at Cerasi " I understand, I feel the same to am extent. We must trust Michael on this, we do not have to agree nor do we relax our vigilance in protecting our aliit. I need you to relax some and let's enjoy what is left of the evening. I am going to see what more I can learn about the Utreekov. It will give me a better chance of gauging his real intentions. Right now I get the feeling he overreacted in his zealousness and then didn't know how to back down without losing face, but I am unsure. Let me see what I can learn and try to relax some. Our aliit is as always my primary concern, and you are in no condition for further fighting tonight." As she saw Cerasi bristle at the last part of her statement, Jezza smiled at her, "Relax, please, I didn't say you couldn't fight if necessary. Simply that you are wounded and shouldn't. I worry!"

Xhernai grew bored of waiting. He gulped down his drink and checked the time. It was time to give Mae her medicine. He walked over to where Michael was sitting and placed his GL-77 and flame projector along with his belt which contained many of his gadgets. He took out an injection containing his sister's medicine from the belt.

He put on his helmet and walked towards Jezza.

"Hey, you wanna come with me to my sister's apartment? You'll love her, your awfully alike! Besides it's time she had her medicine." Xhernai said to Jezza.

Xhernai approached before Cerasi could reply. His invitation to go with him was intriguing. The utreekov was gutsy, she had not forgiven nor forgotten his behavior. Xhernia had attacked them, injured her Cerasi, and insulted them all. Michael's insistence on working with him meant a working truce needed to be reached. His invitation made it clear that she was the best hope of achieving this. With a reassuring nod to Cerasi, Jezza smiled at him "I will go with you and so will my weapons." Turning to walk with Xhernai, Jezza glanced briefly Michael's way, silently hoping Michael's feeling was not a misguided one.

Xhernai smiled. They turned and walked through the door. It was evening, the beautiful orange sky was in view.

"It's not far." Said Xhernai as they walked across the hot sand.

"Mae is a great person, she is the omly thing I have left. If something were to happen to her..." Xhernai shook his head.

"She's ill. She's got a wild case of sand fever." Xhernai whispered to Jezza in a sombre tone.

He cleared his throat. "So,uh when we get back we're going to this Deathwatch camp to raid them?"

She could relate to the love and concern for his sister that she could hear as her spoke of her. Jezza understood the willingness to do anything, even stupid things to protect a loved one. Her love for Michael and Cerasi was such, their was nothing that she would not to to protect either of them.
"Tell me more about Mae and the sand fever." Jezza said quietly. She did not want to talk about Arkania right now, she had some concerns regarding that raid. She needed to go over them with Michael privately.

"Mae, my beloved sister contracted sand fever when we were left homeless and she was left to sleep in the sand whilst I searched for my family's killers. I take the blame for this. " Xhernai shook his head.

"I made them beg. Beg for mercy. The mercy they hadn't shown my family. Then I shot them. They deserved it. When I came back I saw my sister sprawled on the floor. My sister, she's perfect. She's smart, she's beautiful, I would never let any harm come to her, I would never do anything to hurt her. However I regret telling her that I work at the local moisture farm. She would hate me if she found out I killed for a living."

Xhernai came to a stop. "It's right here." A rundown sand house. "It's nothing special but we needed to lay low and we were low on credits." He took his helmet and he hid it behind a funnel flower. "Try to make yourself look a little bit less dangerous." He adjusted his hair and maintained a bright smile. He put his hand on the door knob.

"You ready to go in, Jezza?"

Removing her helmet and placing it with his Jezza grinned at him, "Ready when you are, Utreekov." The love and guilt in his voice when he spoke of his sister had tugged at her heart. "I am always ready to meet such an amazing young lady." She didn't miss the sharp look he gave her, "Relax, my use of what was formerly meant as an insult, is now my way of teasing. I now call you an idiot good-naturedly." Winking at him, she motioned for him to move forward. "Come on, we have no time for you to sulk, I am anxious to meet Mae. She sounds like someone I would enjoy talking with."

Xhernai looked at Jezza for a second. There was something special about Jezza, he couldn't quite put his finger on it but he respected her.

Xhernai turned the door knob and allowed Jezza into the messy house. "This house is nothing like the palace I used to live in but, I guess I have to get used to it with life on the run. I'm wanted." Xhernai said quietly to Jezza.

"I'm home Mae! I bought some company for you as well!" Xhernai called. No reply. "Ah, she's probably sleeping." He opened the living room door to see his sister laying in a blanket asleep.

"She reminds me of one of the princesses Mama used to tell me as a kid." Xhernai whispered as he walked towards Mae.

He kneeled down to her side and ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her on the cheek before burying his head into her shoulder. "I wish she was awake so you could talk to her. She always knows what to say to cheer me up" Xhernai said with a tear in his eye whilst he lifted his head up to look at Jezza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom