Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Are Aliit (Clan Shado)

The scene before her was enough to melt even the coldest of hearts. The young girl was breathtakingly beautiful even in illness. The tenderness her brother showed the young girl spoke of a bond, Jezza imagined Michael and Cerasi had shared before Michael had left home. Jezza had never known the bond shared with a sibling, she had been raised an only child.
Jezza moved closer as he looked up at her, she pretended not to notice the tear as it rolled down his cheek. Placing her hand on his shoulder, she gently whispered "Come, we should let her rest. Let's go talk in the other room until she wakes."

Xhernai looked at Jezza in the eyes. "You're a great person. I can see it in your eyes." She had beautiful eyes just like his sister, he stared at them for what felt like an hour but was only seconds. He couldn't understand why someone as nice as her could kill. "I guess we can talk and I'll give her the medicine when she wakes up." He threw the syringe onto the top of the cupboard as it hung from the edge.

He directed her to the kitchen and pulled Jezza's seat out for her and offered her a piece of protein bread.

"Talk to me about you and your people. The beautiful Jezza Shado and the two other cranky friends of yours. Cerasi and Michael." said Xhernai as he tried to smile.

It was really a shame that their meeting had started as it had. Cerasi and Xhernai would have hit it off immediately if they had met under otjer circumstances, Jezza was convinced of it. The young bounty hunter was nothing more than a terrified big brother doing whatever he could to care for his sister.
Taking the bread from him, Jezza grinned "Cranky, huh... To be fair, you did start a bar fight that got Cerasi shot." He glanced at her sheepish and she couldn't help but chuckle. "Michael and Cerasi are not my friends, they are my clan, my aliit, my family. I would protect either of them with my life as they would me. We believe family goes beyond blood ties, and there is nothing more sacred than family. You are incorrect Xhernai, they are the special ones. They are true warriors who do whatever it takes to help our clam thrive. I tend to be the peacemaker, until provoked, and there is truly only one way to do that." she paused, talking about herself and her family was not something she normally did. Cerasi would be so angry livid right now, Jezza smiled slightly and shook her head as she could imagine Cerasi giving her a piece of her mind for trusting Xhernai. Jezza wouldn't be surprised is Cerasi had followed them amd was standing guard outside in the shadows. "Michael is our Alor, the leader of Clan Shado. I am Alor'ad, next to lead if Michael becomes unable, and Cerasi is Michael adopted younger sister." Unsure what to say next, Jezza became quiet. This happened more frequently than she cared to admit, at home Jezza was the hostess, in charge of comfort and hospitality. She was able to flit in and out of conversation and blend into the background with ease. One on one conversations where she was expected to talk about herself were outside of her comfort zone. She either quickly ran out of things to talk about and became quiet or babbled endlessly like an utreekov. Needing something to do with her hands, she rose and began straightening little things here and there as she waited for him to speak.

"Wow. Yeah maybe I wish we could have got off on better terms. You sound like great people. I know you think of me as scared brother but that's not it. I'm arrogant, I'm over confident. All I care about is me and my sister. I'm a deranged-"

Xhernai's sentence was cut off by a sudden fit of violent coughing. He rose out of chair suddenly and ran towards the syringe. He saw smashed glass and a liquid on the floor. He swore loudly. "Jezza! Upstairs! Open the cabinet and take out the syringe!"

Xhernai ran to Mae and tended to her. He hugged her tightly and uttered the words "It's ok. We have more medicine. We'll make it off this planet. I know we will." said Xhernai. She gave him a fake smile. She cared for Xhernai enough to pretend that she would live long enough.

Reacting immediately, she rushed up the stairs, she located the cabinet easily. Grabbing the syringe Jezza ran back the Xhernai as quickly as possible. She reached him just in time to hear him reassure Mae and see the weak smile the young girl gave her brother. "Here" Jezza said passing the medicine to him. Backing away quietly, Jezza gave him space to tend to Mae's needs. Making sure to stay close if he needed anything, Jezza found herself wondering how Cerasi was doing. Xhernai was correct, arrogance and over confidence were part of his nature but deranged, Jezza had a hard time reconciling that with the tender care she saw as he cared for Mae. Michael had chosen wisely in sparing the young hunter, now it would be up to Jezza to help Cerasi see that. Convincing the young dalyc to give him a chance would possibly be Jezza's greatest challenge so far. Cerasi was quite stubborn and not easy to change her mind once she had made a decision. Focusing back on Xhernai and Mae, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Wait outside." Xhernai said, bottling up his emotions. He took the injection from Jezza and stared at it. He returned his focus to Mae. She was sleeping or so Xhernai thought.

He injected her and lifted up her hand and held it. Her hand was limp. He stared at Mae.

"No... It can't be..." He put a hand on her wrist to try to feel a pulse. Nothing.

Xhernai screamed terribly loud. Full of grief. He pulled a vibroknife out of his boot that he had hidden from Jezza and her companions and held it to his neck. His love and joy had just died in front of him.

Jezza turned back as she heard him scream. It was the most heart wrenching sound she had ever heard. She didn't see where the knife came from, it was irrelevant. Approaching him slowly, Jezza spoke calmly and soothing "Xhernai, don't do this. Please give me the knife, Mae would not want this." Jezza made sure to keep her movements slow and tone reassuring as she continued speaking. Xhernai was the equivalent of a wounded animal at the moment, the last thing she wanted was to spook him. Her only chance of keeping the bounty hunter alive was her ability to find the words to reach him. She was terrified, she did not know him well and what if she couldn't find the right thing to say. Continuing to talk, keeping her movements steady, Jezza knelt next to him and whispered "please don't...."

Xhernai turned and looked at Jezza in the eyes. He saw the concern and terror in eyes. He stared at her and slowly dropped the vibroknife and dropped to his knees and cried in anger and dejection. "Why? She didn't deserve it. I did..."

The anguish in his voice tore at her heart. 'I don't have the answers Xhernai, I wish more than anything that I did." Placing her hand gently on his arm, she knew no words would ease his pain. Comforting him while he worked through the initial shock was all she could do. Moving closer, she placed her arms around him as he continued to sob.

He'd only known Jezza for how long? A few hours? Yet he felt like he knew her for ages. She was very much like his sister which comforted him. He hugged her. All the bravado and macho behaviour which Xhernai displayed earlier was gone for the time being.

"Don't leave me please. It's no coincidence that I met you today."

Thinking back to the death of her parents, Jezza knew how it felt to be left alone to deal with such loss. There had been others who had helped with getting affairs in order and such, but Jezza had never really been close enough with anyone to feel comfortable sharing her grief over their passing. At Ka'ra Keldab clan members circulated in and out in such a way that Jezza knew all but were close to few. Michael and Cerasi's arrival in Jezza's life had brought many changes and for the first time many years she didn't feel alone.
"I will not leave you. I will help you do whatever needs to be done." she whispered softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom