Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Way of the Sarlacc

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

Last time they had gone on an adventure like this, Aris had shown a lot of excitement. He had nearly dragged her along to the ship, just so they could get to New Cov already and be Jedi there. But New Cov had brought unexpected trouble, and he was getting older, calmer, and even more focused and mature. Deep down, though, she hoped that he was still excited to be out and about with his Mom.

She cared a great deal about how her kids thought of her. Which wasn't a weird thing, really, but it extended beyond just familial love for her. She wanted to be interesting, exciting and perhaps even cool, to them.

That wasn't always easy with teenagers.

"Aris? You ready?" She called out from downstairs. At least today, she would be taking him on a journey meant to help him become a Battlemaster the way she once was. That would have to be exciting, she imagined.

Last edited:

GADividerPurple.png

He was excited.

Even if he wouldn't show it.

Aris walked down the stairs, offering a simply calm smile towards his mother. This was one of the things he'd been looking forward to the most, after all. The first steps towards being a battlemaster like mom, though he hadn't told her his desires on that front. Right now, he just wanted to learn all the different forms a Jedi could use their Lightsaber for.

He'd mention it, eventually. Just not yet.

"I am. Are we leaving now?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"We are," Valery said, her eyes focused on her little duelist. Well, not really little anymore, but he was always going to be her mama's boy, even if he didn't want to say it out loud. Today, that meant a really fun and special training adventure that she hadn't told him too much about.

She wanted it to be a surprise.

"Go get your sunglasses too, sweetie. You'll need them where we're going." A small teaser that might give him an idea about her intentions. Once he had gotten them, and had all his stuff ready, Valery opened the door and started walking towards the Bastion for their trip.

Only to remember something very important.

"Oh. Did I tell you how my spar against your father on Eshan went already?" This time, Valery had the dangerous sparkle of excitement in her eyes.

GADividerPurple.png

"Sunglasses?"

Aris tilted his head in confusion, but he did go to the other room to snatch up a pair so he'd be ready for.. Whatever reason he might need them for. Then he rushed along to keep up with Valery as they walked towards the Bastion.

"Vera told me what was going to happen. Our practice really seemed to help out, didn't it?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery chuckled a little when he rushed to keep up with her. It wasn't like she'd just leave without him, so she knew it was his excitement coming out a little. He was eager to go, and didn't want anything to slow down the time they had for this adventure. At least, Valery convinced herseld that was the reason for the hurry in his steps.

It made her feel warm inside.

"It sure did. I managed to actually win the spar by using the bond this time. Which... I've never been able to do before." She grinned proudly and looked at her son a moment later, "We make for a pretty good team, right sweetie?" She offered a hand for a little high-five, knowing it was silly.

"Today, though, we're focusing on your training. We won't just be dueling or covering theory at the Temple. I'm going to teach you the way I was once taught."

"And this training starts on Tatooine."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"They used to," Valery said with a dip of her head. "They're still re-establishing their powerbase, and Tatooine is further out from Kestri. If we stay together and keep a low profile, we'll be safe." She smiled at him, clearly appreciative of his concern. She was still pregnant, after all, and it was no good getting him in too much danger either.

She wouldn't be able to live with herself if her son got hurt because of her.

"Where we're going on Tatooine, most people also actively avoid. So... do you feel okay about it? I'm not going to make you do this, but if the Mandalorians occupy the world again, we might not be able to do this at all."

GADividerPurple.png

".. Well, if they don't have control over it now, we should do it now. Like you said, we might not get another chance."

Aris nodded in agreement this time, smiled after a moment. He was excited after all. Learning from mom was the absolute best. If she thought they would be safe, then they were. He walked ahead of her this time, heading right for the Bastion.

"Let's get going!"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

There it was.

Valery couldn't stop herself from smiling when she saw the switch flip. One moment, he had been worried and a little reserved, now he was rushing ahead of her to get to the Bastion as quickly as possible. Valery didn't want to keep him waiting, so she picked up the pace and sat down in the co-pilot seat. Much like Vera, it was good for him to fly as much as possible, so he'd gain experience and learn.

Now, with his Mother with him, she could still correct things or help out.

"Do you know why I'm bringing you to Tatooine for this?"

GADividerPurple.png

"To see the Sarlacc, I imagine."

Aris found his spot to sit, casually plopping down where he needed to in the cockpit. Unlike Vera, he hadn't done much with learning to fly a ship yet, though he imagined he'd have to change that soon enough.

But soon wasn't right now.

"That's what the form is based off of, right?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"That's right," Valery said while she beckoned for him to come closer. She wasn't going to make him fly if he wasn't absolutely confident in it, but she did want him to pay attention and learn then. It was a crucial skill to pick up at some point for any Jedi - he could not always rely on his family for it.

Luckily, Aris had a good attention to detail, so she figured that watching her go through all the checks and pre-flight mechanics would be easy enough for him to memorize.

"Every Form was named after an animal for certain similarities between the creature and the Form. So, I figured it would be interesting to review it by studying one such animal in the wild." The Sarlacc was an easier choice than the others - it just sat still and as long as you don't get too close, it wasn't really dangerous either.

"I'll also cover more of Shii-Cho with you. To many, its Ideal Form is merely used to teach younglings the basics. But its Live Combat Form is a lot more practical, and learning it is important if you want to become a true duelist, or perhaps, a lightsaber instructor."

GADividerPurple.png

"Are we going to visit all the animals when you help me learn all the other forms?"

Yes, he was expecting her to help him learn them all. It's what he wanted her to do, at least. Any chance to learn from mom was one he wanted to leap on. Right now though, he turned his gaze out the viewport of the Bastion with a smile. Even though Tatooine didn't seem like it was going to be the most fun, he wasn't against learning the animal to learn the form.

"The Lightsaber is really all I can learn as a Jedi, and I want to be the best with it. I want to be a better Battlemaster than you, even."

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery snickered, "When I teach you all the other Forms, hm?" She actually smiled at the idea — he wanted her to teach him all of that? Every single form? There wasn't anything that could make a Battlemaster Mom feel better than that. It'd take years, decades even, to study everything to an in-depth enough level to be considered a Battlemaster, so they would be spending a lot of time together.

Even just helping him get started was already exciting.

"First of all, you're a lot more than just your skills with the lightsaber, sweetie. But I do agree that your focus there will be good for you. That said, a Battlemaster is traditionally the head of the Lightsaber Instructors," Valery explained for a reason. "So, it's not just about being good with a lightsaber — you also need to be good at teaching the Forms. There's a lot that goes into being a good teacher, so I'd like you to pay attention to some of your favorite teachers, and see how they do it, hm?"

She brought the Bastion into Hyperspace at that point, and looked at him again. Her son wanted to be like her — she was feeling so much joy right now.

"When you get there, though, there is something I'd like you to have — my old Battlemaster Holocron."

GADividerPurple.png

"I know I'm more. There's always diplomacy, history, archeology. I know there are other paths." But there was no denying how skilled he was with a lightsaber. And how much he enjoyed it. Not the fighting, but the skill behind it all. He thought of it as a show of real skill. It's why he liked watching mom fight sometimes.

She was one of the best.

".. Your holocron? Really!? I can have that!?"

To say he was excited would be an understatement for certain.

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

Valery blinked several times now. Had he ever been this excited about anything else before? He certainly never really showed it to this extent, and it just made her snicker a little. Then, she reached out and gently got an arm around his shoulder for a sidehug. Was it just her, or were his shoulders getting broader?

She blinked again, as she realized just how big he was getting.

"Yes, nothing would make me happier than for my own son to have it. This holocron is very special to me," Valery explained with a very warm smile. "I did not create it. It passed down from one Battlemaster to the next at my old Enclave, so it has a lot from me on it, but others too."

"It's a relic of the Jedi from the New Cov Temple. But one meant for a true Battlemaster."

Tatooine
div-orange.png

Valery grinned.

Sure, he tried to compose himself at the very end there, but she knew him. There was no way for him to hide his excitement from his own Mom, and Valery was loving it. The idea of training her son up to take over the role she had for many years was just... a dream coming true. Her son, a Jedi Battlemaster.

"The first step is to essentially become a Lightsaber Instructor. Traditionally, they were all Jedi Masters because it just takes a long time to Master every Form. At my old Enclave, we also allowed Knights to be instructors, but they needed to be very dedicated to the path of an instructor," Valery explained with a soft smile. "I think you'll have that same determination, too."

Valery turned and looked at the stars as they passed by in Hyperspace — it wouldn't take much longer before they'd arrive at their destination. She was excited.

"I'll also teach you some less well-known styles and how to use certain unique weapons. A double-bladed lightsaber, Jar'kai and even a Saberpike, if you'd like."

GADividerPurple.png

He nodded once. He had every intent on mastering every form he could. Which, was mostly all of them by what he'd read. Niman would be difficult, given his inability to use the Force, but there were other aspects he still could utilize with it. He smiled happily, readily figuring that this would be things to talk about in the future.

Though, unique weapons too? He was practically vibrating in his seat.

"I would really like that."

Tatooine
div-orange.png

"It'll be so funnnn! Something for just you and I~" Valery squealed just a little, and leaned over to wrap an arm around his shoulders. She pulled his side against her once more for a hug, and sat back up looking incredibly happy. To a Mom, these were the little things that made all the difference.

It made her feel wanted, loved and cool, even though her kids were growing up.

"Now, I think it's time to get started with Shii-Cho." Valery grinned, and turned back as the ship dropped from Hyperspace. Rather quickly, she did take full control of the Bastion, if only to bring it along a safe route towards the Sarlacc. She didn't want to get spotted by Mandalorians or bandits, after all.

If she scratched the ship again, it'd be couch time.

"So, any ideas why Shii-Cho was named after the Sarlacc?"

GADividerPurple.png

Something for just them.

Aris liked that. He wasn't going to say it aloud, but by the smile on his face he very much liked that idea. But, being eager about the idea and letting it consume his thoughts wasn't going to last forever. Especially once Valery started to bring down the ship and started asking him questions. He paused for a moment, seeming to think about it.

"If I had to guess, it's because of how the creature hunts. Tentacles from all angles, like how the form uses the zones."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom