Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holonet Warning from a Stranger

Abandoned HoloNet Facility, Corellia
jean-philippe-martel-inspiration-2.jpg

An open transmission on the HoloNet begins to broadcast to the Galaxy on an old channel. It's source: An old facility on the planet of Corellia. For a moment, there's only muffled silence. Before long, however, a distorted voice can be heard...

"Am I live? R-right. People of the civilized galaxy! You don't know me, but I'm a friend. Unfortunately, I can't give my real name. You may simply call me Delta 1. This transmission is an open warning to those who wish to live peaceful lives. Not long ago, the criminal organizations of the galaxy gathered on a space station in the orbit of Varl, a gathering unlike anything seen in years. The likes of the Hutt Cartel, Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, and many more assembled in the name of collaboration. Worst of all, these syndicates are in league with the Sith. I fear a threat is growing in the remnant of Hutt Space, and I suspect they have one goal: Expansion. Already, they may be preparing their agents to disrupt the delicate power balance of the galaxy. I fear that if decisive action isn't taken, lives will be lost. Governing bodies of the galaxy, heed this warning as a call to action. Do what you must, before the window of opportunity is beyond you. And to those who may seek the origin of this transmission, don't bother. I'll be long gone before you arrive. May the force be with you all."

The feed cuts, and the channel becomes dormant once again...

OOC: Important information below.

Abandoned HoloNet Facility,
Rise of the Hutt Space Consortium

Caporegime - Cyber-Intelligence Division

GadgetsShip
Modified Datapad running Deda-netThe Shadow Broker
Data spikes

Tags - Isidor Justeene || Cass Gemini || Dispara Na'Gara || Domino Viz Harridan || George S.S Kragg

Server Room 188 | Quiet Cy-Fi: Ambience

7rqb4Uj.png

"Dedata, new information coming in playing it now." The VI said as the woman was sat intently staring at several screens reading up on a security company, Sercorp. Her attention shifted as she laid back into the soft fluffy sofa as the open holonet message began to play.
"Am I live? R-right. People of the civilized galaxy! You don't know me, but I'm a friend. Unfortunately, I can't give my real name. You may simply call me Delta 1. This transmission is an open warning to those who wish to live peaceful lives. Not long ago, the criminal organizations of the galaxy gathered on a space station in the orbit of Varl, a gathering unlike anything seen in years. The likes of the Hutt Cartel, Pyke Syndicate, Black Sun, and many more assembled in the name of collaboration. Worst of all, these syndicates are in league with the Sith. I fear a threat is growing in the remnant of Hutt Space, and I suspect they have one goal: Expansion. Already, they may be preparing their agents to disrupt the delicate power balance of the galaxy. I fear that if decisive action isn't taken, lives will be lost. Governing bodies of the galaxy, heed this warning as a call to action. Do what you must, before the window of opportunity is beyond you. And to those who may seek the origin of this transmission, don't bother. I'll be long gone before you arrive. May the force be with you all."

"Damn this kid is something." Dedata said shaking her head and rolling her eyes. The woman reached over pulling a glass of Chandrilan Blue '439. Bringing it to her lips she sipped the sweet, aromatic sparkling wine that danced over her tongue, it was not just the taste that was sweet but the memory that is attached. She began to type on her data pad connecting from relay to relay till reaching Corellia. "Dee, pinpoint the location of the transmission for me while I get the back door open. You know Corellia has a knack for churning out pesky people and some hulluva mean drunks. Pain in the ass. Still though I hope the kid does realise that he made a mistake."

bWqPl8F.png
It did not take so long. The Information broker had broken into corellian digital security many times. Not just their governments but even into some of the major companies that operate there. "The transmission bounces a few times off local holonet signals. Though the source can be located to around this area. I will begin running a history check of this area."

Dedata looked up over to another screen, a satellite view of a scrappers yard. That information allowed her to collectively tap into working security camera's around the place, even as far as to trailing the electrical grid. "Dee once you have finished with your history check I want you to begin facial recognition using these camera's and the ones on Varl station See if we can't work out who this punk is."

only a few minuets passed as everything was almost silent apart from the ambient of the machines in the almost dark room if it was not for the soft glows of the screens. "The location used to be to a Holonet Facility that dates back to approximately 18 BBY. Over generations the facility exchanged hands until its decommission for upgraded stations."

"Damn, talk about relics of the past."

"The land after its decommissioned was later used for a junk yard after many countless battles had hit Corellia. I will begin cross referencing facial ID's."

The info broker moved onto new things while her VI did the labours work. Sending a few pings out to the station she began to slice through its open transmission in hopes to brake in. If anything she was finding it easy with the facilities extremely outdated security. "Ohh those poor machines. No one has shown you love in such a long long time." Dedata was mostly speaking to herself of course. There was no one else aboard and Dee was a VI so not the most chatty piece of software.

Her hand raised the glass swilling it around for a moment before taking another sip and setting it back down. "Something basic for now hummm, Varl station was pretty much broadcasted everywhere, and the slugs where open about it. Both religious zealots of Jedi and Sith where invited along with everyone else. Guess I will comb through and remove snippets of information perhaps a nice easy holonet delay for twelve standard hours just to pick anything up."

She first started with the code written in unknown symbols and text. The codes job was simple, disguise its self as an automatic holonet update. In turn the program will imbed its self. The future transmissions of an open nature would inherently be delayed so that the kid could not expose those important, then the third was a back door. Once that was in place she would check and remove information surrounding the family and their meetings. As for the face ID that could take some time.

The Philosopher
Jasper woke from his sleep suddenly, sweat running down his face. He had that dream again. It was not necessarily a nightmare, nor a memory from what he could tell. He'd be suspended in a vat of fluid, perhaps a bacta tank, peering through at an older human man. The man had haunting yellow eyes, which would gradually shift to gray before the man struck the vat. The dream would end suddenly, and Jasper would wake in a cold sweat. This had happened several times now.

Jasper cocked his head to face his ear towards the door. Dex was in the bar, listening to the HoloNet. He heard his distorted message. The deed was done. When Jasper said he'd be long gone, he wasn't lying. The message wasn't delivered live, rather it was pre recorded and planted a week in advance, set on a timer. He had set up the recording disguised as a member of the Scrapper Guild, having hidden his face behind a gas mask to avoid getting caught on any security feeds. It seemed a bit too extreme, but Dex insisted that Jasper take every precaution. Then he went on to describe the twenty different ways that they could track the recording back to him. Needless to say, the exile ended up taking his advice. They had left a few days ago, setting off for Coruscant. Dex said that departing the same day that the message was planted would draw suspicion towards the Philosopher. Jasper lied back down. He was tired, and desperately wished to sleep for longer...

But that dream he had was still fresh in his mind, and his imagination was spinning again. Why would this man not leave his head?

Jasper sighed, rolling to his right and closing his eyes. Before long, he had drifted back into slumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom