Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warmongers Unite!

Which option would you like to participate most in?

• Total voters
[member="Tamara"] Will we get a choice of starting hex(s) or will they be determined by you/randomly (if the latter will even be possible). If so how many will each person get? Will it be determined from major/minor faction status?

Also! Will this have any standing with the rest of the board, for example: will the armies used inflict upon the numbers minor/major factions may have listed? Will defeats and injuries/deaths sustained on a character carry over into the rest of the board?

[member="Voroll"]
I will determine starting regions randomly. They'll be about 25-30 regions for the whole map, for this campaign anyway.
As for carrying over, they can, but they don't have to. I leave that up to faction leaders and players. Not forcing anything on people.

[member="Fatty"]
As I said, weekend for me which is Friday night onward for the states.

[member="sabrina"]
Unfortunately that Middle Earth calculator doesn't run on 64 bit so I can't use it. :(

It looks like a 10-2 vote in favour of more stats. That's good. Final chance to vote then before this is settled!

sabrina

[member="Tamara"], would you like to try come up with some thing, so you could play around with it.
If so I try pm you some stuff tonight, or in morning as it getting late over here.

Lord Ghoul

L
It might be beneficial to list a unit cap on the amount of personnel assigned to each points.

For instance - 1 unit of infantry = 100 = 1 company = ~150 troops
1 unit of tanks = 200 = 1 squadron = 4 tanks
1 unit of walkers = 300 = 1 squadron = 2 AT-ATs
1 unit of fighters = 200 = 1 squadron = 12 starfighters
1 unit of bombers = 300 = 1 squadron = 6 bombers

etc.

Otherwise people will be interpreting 1 unit of walkers differently, with some being reasonable and putting in 1, while others toss in 6.

[member="Mikhail Shorn"]
A unit is an equal amount as the next unit, regardless of how people RP them. The actual amounts are abstracted for two reasons:
  • Not everyone is able to or wants to have to keep all of these things recorded.
  • In the real world definitions of unit sizes vary even in the same army, and also vary based on unit model and type.
It’s best to assume that one unit of walkers is equal to another unit of walkers and leave it at that.

Trust me, I know where you’re coming from, but I’m trying to keep this basic for now.

[member="Adenn Gra'tua"]
No problems.

So tomorrow I will post up a final check in for those who've not already done so, along with two campaign systems; one simpler and one more complex.
A poll will decide which is used and then we will finally begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom