Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Stahrvos-class Erakhian Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hkr254I.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Pocket Battlecruiser
  • Length: 1550 metres
  • Width: 700 metres
  • Height: 300 metres
  • Armament: Extreme
    • [2] Heavy Plasma Cannons
    • Turbolasers (Standard, Heavy, & Long-Ranged)
    • Ion Cannons (Standard, Heavy, & Long-Ranged)
    • Rapid-Fire Flak Cannons (Fast-Tracking Anti-Starfighter)
    • Heavy Dual Laser Cannons (Fast-Tracking Anti-Starfighter)
    • [42] Variable Warhead Torpedo Tubes (Starfighter-grade Warheads)
  • Defences: Extreme
  • Hangar Space: Base | 2
    • Starfighters: 1 Squadron
    • Support Craft: 1 Squadron
  • Manoeuvrability Rating: Average | Very Low (SLAM)
  • Speed Rating: Low | High (SLAM)
  • Hyperdrive: Equipped.
    • Primary Hyperdrive: Class 1.2
    • Secondary Hyperdrive: Class 6
  • Security Complement: 20.000 Stryder-pattern Erakhian Battlespheres
  • Crew Complement: 100 Officers; Various Droids & Integrated Droid Brains
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Impenetrable Aegis: From its state-of-the-art shield generators to its self-regenerating hull plating and its highly optimised defence grid, the Stahrvos is a fiendishly difficult nut to crack, a reality only compounded by its brutally efficient internal security systems.
  • Terror of the Stars: Bristling with armaments of every size and purpose, including a pair of massive plasma cannons designed to cripple capital ships while its turbolasers tear them apart, the Stahrvos is meant to be able to trade fire with just about anything and come out on top, its capabilities only further bolstered by a robust Electronic Warfare suite and the naval coordination facilities required of a flagship.
WEAKNESSES
  • Arcane Engineering: Complex beyond belief and making use of highly unusual engineering methods, performing anything beyond routine maintenance on a Stahrvos is likely to require a state-of-the-art shipyard, preferably one administrated by a sufficiently advanced AI.
  • Support Structure: Carrying only a single squadron of starfighters, typically interceptors, and lacking the space to carry prefabricated bases, AT-ATs, or even any significant quantity of gunships, ESDs are only able to perform as intended when properly supported.
  • Slow and Steady: While its SLAM is viable for brief surges of speed, the Stahrvos is otherwise a slow beast unsuited for pursuits.
DESCRIPTION
By far the largest and most powerful warship ever produced by the Erakhian Federation, the Stahrvos-class was commissioned relatively recently and has yet to be involved in confrontations with anything but minor regional powers and pirates. Perhaps for this reason, it has earned a reputation for indestructibility... a reputation unlikely to last very long should one of these ever be forced to face, say, an Autarch.

It hardly hurts that the Admiralty are deathly afraid of losing even a single of its new toys and thus rarely deploys them outside the Luminex System.

Built in a classically Erakhian manner, the ESD is able to operate at peak performance with a positively tiny crew of highly skilled officers, all of which are housed within a bridge structure submerged within the core of the ship, featuring four housing halls, officers' dorms, leisure rooms, a marine barracks, a Fleet Coordination Centre-cum-Battle Bridge, and even an AI Core, the inhabitant of which varies from ship to ship.

Being named after Chancellor Stahrvos the Preserver, the man responsible for giving the order to sterilise several Erakhian cities following the initial outbreak of the Gulag Plague, the ESD is appropriately well-suited for orbital bombardment, though it should be noted that Erakhian naval doctrine strictly regulates the use of such methods, often requiring direct authorisation from the state's highest executive authority.

Last edited:
I do like a Star Destroyer in the dead of midnight. However one problem.

• Hyperdrive: (Does this ship have a hyperdrive? Only choose yes or no. The lack of a hyperdrive may be included in the weaknesses of a submission.)
  • Hyperdrive Class: (If this ship has a hyperdrive how fast is it? The lower the number, the faster the ship is, you may choose decimals. Any speed below 1.0 requires the hyperdrive to be added to the ship’s strengths and accordingly balanced with weaknesses. Links: Hyperdrive, Hyperdrive Comparisons)
New template everyone is now adapting to. Please add in the Hyperdrive section above with Yes.

Do this and I will push it through approval.
Eocin Chiyat Eocin Chiyat

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Right, I was aware, though I saw more than one other submission being approved without it so I figured it might be optional so long as all the relevant information was still there; it's pretty obvious that a ship has a Hyperdrive if it specifies what class it is, no?

For transparency's sake - and because it was never my intent to deceive - I also merged the information beneath the "Hangar Allocation" field into "Hangar Space", as I felt the logic behind that was quite similar, that being redundant fields whose information is already included elsewhere.

If either or both of these are unacceptable ways of doing this, simply specify that and I will, of course, (reluctantly) amend it.

Funny how I only really argue with Judges over aesthetics, not balance.

Some things slip through the cracks. Plus it is an extremely recent change so everyone is still playing catch up.

As for Hanger Allocation, I have made a few exceptions long as of course it follows something of a formula similar to what you shown. While I do prefer to still see Hanger Allocation/Hanger Space, I will let it fly by otherwise.

However given that, the new Hyperspace template must be followed. Yes, I know you have a hyperdrive in it currently by reading but you need the template put in from above. Again, I am sorry but rules are rules currently.

If you wish to put in an argument, you can go to the Factory Discussion over it.
Eocin Chiyat Eocin Chiyat

Perfectly understandable, Listib Hibin Listib Hibin - rules are rules, even when they're annoying; I've already ranted about redundancies in the templates at least once, so I'll be thoughtful enough to stay out of Factory Discussion, at least for now.

I hope you'll forgive my mildly passive aggressive phrasing in the "Hyperdrive" field, it's directed at the rule, not you.

Anyway, since this is the exact same thing that needed fixing in another submission you're reviewing, feel free to continue the review there to; if you prefer I throw in a "Done." with the character I posted it with, I can, of course, do that too.

Edit: Opted to take some inspiration from Khonsu's gorgeous formatting instead, I hope that's OK, even if it's but a pale imitation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom