Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction War of Vorral Part 1

RvjczWh.png

Re9MpFJ.jpg

arWRVPQ.png

WIZCOM recently was given a Priority message from Overseer of finances Ty Sibo, According to the overseer his homeworld that he thought was lost within a year of a invasion is still out there near the outer rim but within our boarders. what's more interesting is that his people have been in constant war against the invaders for the last ten years and only recently sent out a distress signal asking for any and all aid the Eternal empire could muster.

Within the hanger of one of many space faring vessles of the Eternal empire and various troop hangers squad leaders were issueing breifings to their troopers as EE preps for a long ground war campaign. WIZCOM stood at the head of dropdeck 2 looking to the various Troopers mercs and wardens availible for the mission before starting his speech.

"Look around you. In the Eternal Empire, we got a Overseer from Ornfra. Another from the planet were headed to. We've got Humans, Atrisians, Zeltronians, Chiss, Twi’leks, -- all people of the Empire. Now here on this ship, some people in this Unit may experience discrimination because of race or creed. But for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the 'valley of the shadow of death' -- where you will watch the back of the man or woman next to you, as they will watch yours. And you won't care what race they are or by what name he calls God.They say we're leavin' home. We're goin' to what home was always supposed to be. So let us understand the situation. We are goin' into battle against a tough and determined enemy, The Von I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear before you and before Almighty God: That when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to stop off. And I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together."

With the WISCOM Officers speech over the intercoms directing all units to board their transport shuttles for planetfall. as soldiers of all ages crammed into the shuttles and secured themselves it was clear to most that they were scared for most it was their first time in a Situation with high stakes the great trial by fire for others it was just another day in the office. both knew one thing for certain that this war was going to be a long drawn out campaign.

As the ships broke atmosphere of the planet threw the various portholes on the shuttles they could see floating mountains surrounded by mist floating hundreds of feet in the air and being miles high. the pilots letting a gasp of astonishment escape their lips before they headed to the drop point a place known as the Black Sand Desert, its true what was there was miles upon miles of black sand far below the floating mountains various dugouts and defensive trenches and pillboxes with a giant bunker door leading down. its clear that fighting happened recently topside but some of the bodies were probably old and used for sandbags. as the shuttle doors opened to let the troops file out the bunker door would open as 10 to 20 people in the late teens and young adult ages filed out wearing blast vests and bandoleers of ammo carrying various blasters slug throwers and anti vehicle weapons Behind them was a older man wearing a face covering and decretive formal military jacket. "I take it your the landing party? If you would fallow me to the cities and our leader will brief you on the situation and give you your missions our soldiers will assist your forces if you so wish."

dRUm20K.png

Moric aep Deithwen

M

acIF3fa.png

art_custodes_marines.jpg

Demi-Imperator of the Rim-Guard Order
Equipment: DC-17, Gladius, Tactical Armour Mk II, Nelvaanian Longsword, Combat-Shield

The Munificent-class was leaving hyperspace as part of an dispatchment of the Rim-Guard Order. The warship was housing only one of the Rim-Guard Cadres as well as reinforcements of the Horizon Protocol, but otherwise it was just prepared to engage in a longer campaign in the system.

The figure of Moric aep Deithwen is standing on the bridge and overlooking his crew. They are on combat stations and everything is silent except for the working systems and slight noises of the crew working at heir stations. The frigate was an overhauled, elder ship, but still quite capable for the task it is meant to perform.

Moric was signaling for the com-officer to open a channel to the Eternal Empires forces in the system.

"This is the White Flame for Eternal Empire forces engaged on Vorral. Demi-Imperator Deithwen speaking, do you read me? We were sent by The Phalanx as reinforcements, awaiting deployment options."

The ship was going on slow throttle, shields and weapons activated and approaching the back of the Eternal Empire fleet.

Location: Ready Room -> Hangar Bay, Disruptor Class Corvette - Upper Atmosphere of Varrol
Call Sign: Mermaid Nine
Tags: WISCOM WISCOM Moric aep Deithwen

A deep breath escaped from Eleena’s full lips as she left the ready room after a short briefing, clad in her vacuum-sealed riding suit as she moved into the hangar bay, with Lexi, her wing mate, following close behind. Eleena could tell that the pink-skinned Zeltron was nervous, as this was likely to be a long campaign that was just as demanding as Generis, if not more so. Fortunately, Lexi had already shown herself to be a competent pilot. As such, Eleena had no doubts regarding her capabilities and was confident that in time, the Zeltron would prove to be even better.

As she approached her swoop, Eleena turned around to face Lexi, her mouth open with intention to speak, only to pause when she saw the face of her commanding officer instead.

“Eleena,” the Echani swoop ace began in a strangely coy, yet decisive tone. “You’ll be with me for this op. Lexi will be flying with Courser.”

Eleena could only blink, her failure to respond creating a few moments of awkward silence between the pair.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Something wrong? Mount up. We’re jumping in five.” Isena said, a single delicately arched eyebrow raised as she spoke.

“Oh! Well, this is just...unexpected, is all.” Eleena replied. “A-are you sure? I mean, isn’t Akrae-”

“Injured.” Isena cut in. “Training accident during the war games. You’re next woman up.” The Echani paused. “You don’t sound ready.” She stated, her tone sharp and questioning.

“I am ready!” Eleena declared. “I’ll be right with you, but can I tell Lexi or-”

“She already knows.” Isena said, before her gaze traveled to Eleena’s swoop, presumably examining the modifications made to the machine. “You had these done after Generis?”

“I did, yes! Feevo did the work obviously but...I helped? I think.”

“These are very impressive.” Isena said as she walked around the swoop. “Energy torpedoes and four machine guns. Someone wants to scratch some tanks and fast.” The Echani added.

“Thanks! We just uhh...did the work over a few days, before the war games.”

“I see...you must be quite the technician now.” Isena said, before sealing her helmet over her head and moving towards her own swoop. “Let’s see some tank marks, Queen.” The ace finished before turning away.

Eleena’s cheeks flushed a deep crimson shade which was quite evident against the tiny of her pale skin, before quickly putting on her own helmet and taking a deep breath of the air within. Then, after strapping herself onto the pillion of her swoop, Eleena powered on the twin turbo ion jet engines, relief coloring her features as their familiar roar echoed across the hangar bay.

Moments later, she was away.

dRUm20K.png

While WISCOM leadership had managed to get planeside without any issue the sound of erupting gunfire as hostile forces located in the floating mountin ranges and far off field guns on the desert floor said otherwise for total forces.

Mountin fights
Shuttle craft was exploding in airspace above WISCOM officers as the shuttlecraft were having trouble just getting to the ground safely as various gun implacements were giving any and all ships making into airspace hell as they were being shot at with various turbo lasers and flak. Two officers watched in horror as they watched three shuttlecraft get ripped apart by aa fire forcing troopers to make a hasty drop from their bird as it plummeted twords the ground at high speeds. some shuttlecraft managed to make it to the ground only to run into suppressing fire from the field guns a few clicks from their position. as the skys lit up from shuttle detonations the screams of those damned to die filled squad radios.

"spooky 001 to any combat pilots first wave ineffective steer clear of the pillboxes and aa on those mountins their tearing us up....Crowley put that fire out and get back on the door gun." the biodroid who participated in the jungle wargame shouted over the radio while he piloted the scarecrows heavy gunship troop shuttle. pelting missles into the side of the mountains.

WISCOM command started marking fire missions on the mountains for any pilots to do gun runs on despite the risk of getting shot down.

Desert fights
as troops who did manage to land found it difficult to make it far with the field guns blowing up 1 out of every 3 shuttles that landed vanguards and ultranaughts doing their best to keep the feild guns pinned down even scoring a few kills from the distance their at. As various squad units are asking for assistance. Wisdom began directing. Mermaids to free up the troops from those feild guns as they need to push into the city.

spacefights
After the first wave went planetside forces still obove the planet would soon be prayed upon by Giant oranic looking ships that resemble creatures as they opened up on the various EE ships and Moric aep Deithwen 's ship

dRUm20K.png

Last edited:

Moric aep Deithwen

M

acIF3fa.png

art_custodes_marines.jpg

Equipment: DC-17, Gladius, Tactical Armour Mk II, Nelvaanian Longsword, Combat-Shield

"Split up in teams of two, we are activating two percent of the Horizon Protocol to defend the ship. Head out. Order prevails."

Moric spoke with firm voice as his cadre moved to central locations along the ship to repel any boarding attempts of these organisms. He himself and his shieldbearer were remaining on the bridge, both to command as well as defend it. The White Flame was heading further towards the engaged allied fleet, its systems active and all gunners just waiting for the command to open fire along the broadsides of the vessel.

"I want our scanners and sensors on maximum power, provide us with as many data as possible about these creatures. I want to know where and how hard we have to hit their ships before they don't move anymore."
With a quick salute the captain of the ship gave the orders to his crew, the sensori working tirelessly to find what the Demi-Imperator was looking for.

The Munificent was slowly approaching the front, but stayed behind. Its direct combat purpose was decent, but that was not the orders it received from the High-Imperator. Therefore it moved a point inside the maximum range of its heavy turbolasers, but not further. A targetting solution was given, as well as an evaluation of the sensor officers.

"Fire when ready."

Location: Upper Atmosphere -> Vong AA Emplacements, Black Sand Desert - Varrol

The advantages of swoops over conventional fighter craft were quickly made apparent during the descent, as the machines were too small and fast to be effectively targeted by the AA guns. Unfortunately, with the exception of Eleena’s modified machine, the Loraloras only carried enough firepower to effectively engage infantry and light repulsor craft. However, any ground emplacement that was either lightly armored or left the gunner exposed could quite easily be neutralized by the standard Loraloras, especially in the latter case as it was only a matter of acquiring a targeting solution on the gunner with the onboard whistling birds or the particle beam repeaters.

As she made her way through the clouds during her descent, Eleena took in the spectacular sight of the floating mountains, which hovered hundreds of feet above the surface. Had the circumstances been different, Eleena might have landed on the mountains, if only to explore such an exotic natural formation up close. However, now she only flew over it, taking advantage of the airborne mountain ranges to minimize her sensor signature to facilitate closing in on the targets designated by her fire mission, the AA guns.

“Closing in on targets!” Isena said over Mermaid squadron’s comms. “When we get past this mountain, we’re gonna push into a sharp dive, on my mark!” A short pause, then as the black sands came into view, Isena’s voice rang against Eleena’s ears.

“Go!”

Flying as one, the swoops of Mermaid squadron shifted into a dive, before breaking off into pairs to move for their designated targets. Eleena drove after Isena’s machine, her HUD lighting up with targets for her to engage. Shifting her body, Eleena lowered the angle of her dive, all the while cycling through her swoop’s weapon systems, specifically the energy torpedo launchers, setting both to high power. Then, she angled the nose of her swoop towards her first target, an anti-aircraft gun manned by a single Vong technician.

With a single mental command, Eleena fired a single energy torpedo at the rotating platform close to the base of the emplacement, which exploded in a fiery blast as Eleena passed by overhead. Not a split second later, Eleena angled her swoop towards her next designated target, another AA turret. Then, she immediately fired off another energy torpedo, which worked to similarly destructive effect, leaving two enemy emplacements burning in her wake.

“Two Targets neutralized! Coming back around for another run!”

dRUm20K.png

Things were getting hectic as units worked on not only establishing a beachhead but also not trying to die in the process

Mountin fights
As the aa fired off round after round at the oncoming forces a good portion of the aa guns had suffered from the various missles and aircraft fireing but kept up the heat on Eternal empire forces. luckilly the turbo lasers had managed to be distroyed by this point. not was all sunshine and rainbows however as a group of aa guns attempted to get a lock on one of the mermaid aircraft and proceeded to light up the sky in their direction.

Desert fights
As forces on the desert sand managed to be making headway with a majority of the feildguns taken out thanks to the aid of the scarecrows and mermaids things seemed like they were going good until a WIZCOM commander took a sniper round to the chest. laying in open sand the sniper no where to be seen. "we have a sniper in grid 7 position unknown a WIZCOM officer is down requesting assistence!" the utranaught radioman called out to any forces able to assist. "Boonie get some smoke out cover the coreman!" with smoke deployed a medic was attempting to move to get the commander to safty when she took a shot to her side shattering her hip as the medic let out a scream of pain. before a secon round slammed into her helmet killing her before she hit the ground.

spacefights
as the ships began to take fire from erternal empire forces one seemed to be getting close to a eternal empire frigate before exploding the imence heat from it exploding cored the frigate and heavily damaged surounding ships. letting others know to bring them down before they get close. to a untrained eye these creature ships seemed to take alot of punishment before they exploded however with the scanners and sensors from
Horizon Protocol would pic up on high heat consintrated to the front of the creature ship would seem to do the most damage.​

dRUm20K.png

Moric aep Deithwen

M

ajEW8iL.png

Tag(s): WISCOM WISCOM , Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa

yb2b2lf.png

The White Flame was engaging its reverse throttle while putting all power to frontal weapons to keep firing on the enemy from a safe distance. The tactic was working, even though it may seem not the bravest, but Moric was not concerned about opinions, but results. And the two exploding hostile ships were the first prove of that. He knew there was no sentience in the ship itself, but somehow he managed that this old charger was still full of fire.

The Demi-Imperator sent a com message to the other Eternal Empire ships, requesting them to get some distance as well and fire at maximum range rather than knife fighting these arsonistic flesh balls. They would not lose their battle against pitiful organism. Not today. Not here. Not on Deithwen's watch.

Furthermore he opened a channel to the ground forces.

"Demi-Imperator aep Deithwen for ground forces. Do you read me. Do you require ground support? Send coordinates and we will provide some reinforcements. Deithwen out."

Objective: Engage Snipers on Floating Mountains

Eleena shifted her body across her swoop, leaning into a turn before angling the nose of her machine towards another Vong AA emplacement. Then, the high-pitched noise of one of her launchers firing off another energy torpedo cracked the air as she gave the mental command, before angling her swoop towards a fourth emplacement and firing with the other launcher, giving a relieved breath as both of her targets exploded in her wake.

“That’s two more marks! Are we going to-”

“No! Form up on me Queen and engage afterburners! We need to ascend back up to the floating mountains, there’s AA on those as well!” Isena said over comms.

“Yes, but I thought-” Eleena paused, her eyes going wide upon seeing the indication in her HUD that one of her squad mates, Akrae, had been shot down. When she glanced up, she could already see the flaming wreckage of his swoop, now falling into the desert. Akrae’s falling form was only a few hundred feet away, flying through the air for a few moments before disappearing over the horizon.

“He should be okay, he’s falling towards friendly landing zones and his suit’s anti-grav chute is reading intact.” Isena said upon sensing Eleena’s consternation. “Let’s get up to those mountains!”

“Yes Regina! Forming up on you now!”

Her machine’s powerful turbo jet engines screamed as she activated the ion afterburners, building up speed as the swoop accelerated back up to a higher altitude, towards the floating mountains. Her muscles were tense, the intense Gs a constant presence, though Eleena had trained extensively to resist them, having developed strong thighs and a firm core to aid her in controlling such demanding machines under conditions such as these.

“There are infantry on the mountains and they’re raining sniper fire down on our landing forces. Take them with your guns and I’ll cover you! We’ll go for the AA turrets next.”

“On it, Regina.”

Eleena immediately took the lead in the formation, while Isena formed up behind the Twi’lek’s craft, scanning for any threats, such as enemy fighters, swoops, or airspeeders, which could make a pass on them from above. Fortunately, their swoops were fast, fast enough to rival and even exceed the speed of most starfighters and airspeeders. Both women were swoop aces and knew that speed was life. Nevertheless, in making strafing runs, they had to slow down to a certain extent, in order to balance firing time and risk. Too long and they could come under enemy fire. Too short and the run would be ineffective.

However, knowing that she had the element of surprise on her side, Eleena opted to slow down, seeking to inflict a crippling strike from below, as she was coming up on the infantry on the floating mountains up from the desert. The auditory dampeners integrated into the Loralora’s engines would help greatly, along with her own swoop’s stealth and electronic warfare systems, both of which would likely make it difficult for the AA guns to lock onto her machine while she made her run.

Only moments later, Eleena led came up on the edge of the floating mountain, then the four machine guns on the wings of her swoop roared to life, raining down a torrent of high velocity slugs on the unsuspecting Vong infantry and snipers. In just her opening salvo, five of the wretched creatures fell to her guns, falling in her wake as Isena finished off the remainder of the first group with her whistling birds. The next infantry squad was near the middle of the floating mountain, towards the peak. Another mental command, then her guns cast fire in their direction, killing the Vong in droves as they sought to warn their comrades of the incoming swoops. Eleena took down seven, while Isena cut down the last three with whistling birds and her particle repeaters.

Then, came the last squad.

This time, the Vong were ready. Eleena immediately met a hail of fire, forcing her to break off as her shields took damage, though not before she managed to launch a pair of energy torpedos at the group, both fired at the maximum setting.

The ensuing explosion very nearly took off the edge of the mountain as ten Vong lifesign termination marks appeared on her HUD.

dRUm20K.png

Frank sat in spookys shuttle in the eternal empire vangard power armor as it made its pass on the mountin he was getting sick of listening to the coms trafic and hearing all the soldiers dieing while he sits here doing nothing. "screw this." frank stated as he opened the side door to the gunship spooky looked back "Frank the hell you think your doing are orders were-" Frank looked at the biodroid his face of discust masked by the vangard armor. "screw orders im not sitting idle as good men and wemon die fire me if you want but im going to make a difference. As the made another pass over the mountin frank hopped out in freefall he unloaded the eweb on sniper emplacements as vong began dieing left and right.

Pulling the pins on his frags still held on his chest rig frank waited useing the armors shapnel and explosive resistence on top of his augmented body armor to soak the impack and blast while the force from the blast slowed his fall as he landed on the moutin and began blasting away at the forces with both the eweb and his Slug thrower lmg in tandom. the mountin top snipers were being slaughtered by the crazed soldier who stand shin deep in the bodies of the vong. as the pelt him from all sides the vangard armor coupled with franks already proven resilence seemed to wade threw the shots like rain hitting a metal roof for a breif moment Spooky felt fear not for the enemy but for the man who moments ago jumped without a second hesitation.

"just what the hell is this guy." Spooky exclaimed threw the channels as his shuttle cams picked up franks onslaught on the mountin the feed broadcasting to the various commands from the mermaids to the Rim gaurd order.

dRUm20K.png

Objective: Call in Kill Streaks!

Pulling out of her run, Eleena took in the scenes of destruction transpiring on the floating mountain. She watched with awe as a massive super soldier dropped from a gunship making a pass over the mountain, before slamming into the ground and blasting the remaining Vong soldiers under a rain of energy and slugthrower fire. The Vong charged him with futility, only to be quickly cut down by the giant marine’s fire, to the point where the man seemed to stand amidst a literal pile of bodies.

Upon seeing that the marine had the mountain secured, Isena gave the signal for Eleena to form back up on her, to which the Twi’lek did so immediately, though not after taking one last look at the super soldier. Then, the voice of the Demi-Imperator came over the comms, to which Isena answered immediately.

“This is Mermaid One.” The Echani began. “We are requesting orbital strikes against the Vong AA. Transmitting coordinates to you now. One, Out.” Dutifully, Eleena picked up the coordinates for the remaining Vong AA emplacements, processed them for IFF signatures in order to avoid friendly fire, then transmitted them to the Rim-Guard warships in orbit.

"Coordinates sent!" The diminutive swoop pilot sang out.

“Mermaids, stay clear of the designated bombardment zones! Orbital strike packages are incoming!” The Echani barked.

“Let’s watch the fireworks.”

Moric aep Deithwen

M

Moric was satisfied so far. They had avoided any noteworthy damage and could deploy some Socii. A cohort of Skytroopers and a regiment of ordinary battledroids. He would not waste any of his cadre for this action, they would stay around the ship.

The Socii, or the activated Horizon Protocol, are the auxiliary ground forces of the Rim-Guard Order. Deployed only for pitched battles they are not as valuable as the Cadres and act as their extension. They are divided into the Skytroopers and common combat droids. Skytroopers are high performance fourth degree droids from the original Eternal Empire, extremely capable and we'll engineered, old but proven and with modern weapons. The other part, the majority are forces the first Confederacy deployed, cheap , mass produced 'clankers'. They are expendable and not meant to do anything but to keep the enemy busy.

On the ground around the enraged Sterling, the battle would rate on. But suddenly additional firepower was putting its weight into the fighting. A mass of blue blaster bolts was going down onto the enemy troops, forcing them to fall back a bit. The fire was coming from above as along the whole line, Skytroopers would descend, firing, from the sky. They were dropped in a high altitude and stopped their fall with the jetpacks. They landed in squads around the advancing lines of the Eternal Empire's army, providing direly needed relief. Grenade launchers and flamethrowers provided further suppression as hundreds of these camouflaged droids landed and steadily pushed the advance.

At the FOB of the forces, two large landers were going down quite swiftly to avoid the remaining AA fire. After lowering their ramps, MTTs and AATs would disembark and line up. Several thousand battle droids slowly marched into formation while two, a Skytrooper Praetorian and a super tactical droid, were making its way to the staff of WISCOM WISCOM .

At the same time the White Flame was maneuvreing itself in a better position in the upper orbit. They would happily oblige the bombardment request. The turbolaser batteries of the ship were already heating up as they reached their position, still shooting at the decimated hostile fleet with their heavy artillery. The weapon officers were entering the coordinates, the turrets under the main section of the hull were turning and with a single word of their commander they proceeded with the bombardment as wished.

dRUm20K.png

With The air support and Hades Corp units securing the mountains from the Vong soldiers. The mermaids and Ultranaughts clearing out the remaining resistance and field guns and Rim-Guard securing the space and reinforcing the WIZCOM forces setting up a fob within the desert city.

Spooky would pick up Frank Sterling Frank Sterling by hovering on the edge of the mounting. "you psychopath you could have gotten hurt you know that."
the gunship pilot and bioroid exclaimed over his shoulder like a scolding parent to frank.

Down below on the desert floor Forces were loading up the dead into various APC's to transpor to the city while the wounded would be air lifted into the city FOB. The WIZCOM Command officer at the fob in charge of the campain looks at the reports of the total casulties with the 10,000 wounded from sniper, feild gun and aa he surprised it was larger number then the 4,400 dead, and most of that was in the space battle going on above them. all WIZCOM was aware of by this point was this was going to be a long drawn out and costly war. the enemies casulties were less then theirs making this a hollow victory. thankfully due to the forces advances in the armor and weapons they were able to survive better but its not enough they need better training.

When the leaders of Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Moric aep Deithwen and hades corp had filed into the the fob for debriefing. WIZCOM looked at each of them while the planets defense forces and EE forces worked on patroling the city and setting up defenses. "Its come to my attention that this war is going to be alot more costly then initially expected and the standered training that the ultranaughts have is insifficent to keep them alive out here. however instead of us leaving here with our tail between our legs I request the fallowing happen. each of your forces if you are willing to, train sections of ultranaughts that you hand pick do what you feel is best to train them furthermore while Command is still getting the plans from the planetary defense forces on what to do from here it gives you all time to heal the wounded check your gear and so on....Dismissed" A WIZCOM logistics officer handed out to hades corp mermaids and Rim-Guard the casulty lists of reported wounded and dead of all forces as well as a % of each

10,000 wounded 40% EE forces, 25%mermaid forces 25% hades corp forces10% Rim-guard ground forces.
4,400 dead 80% EE forces 10% mermaid forces 10% hades corp forces
dRUm20K.png

Moric aep Deithwen

M

Location: Vorral System, forward operations base of allied forces

The navy forces were reorganising near the planets moon, the White Flame had suffered less damage than the allied ships, but needed some makeshift repairs. The Vong were a vicious enemy and they had to be dealt with. The crew was putting all effort they could into bringing the ship back to 100% within half a day. Droids were deployed across the hull while the crew was taking care of the interior damage.

Meanwhile the Demi-Imperator had travelled to the surface to meet with the other commanders, leaving comand of his ship in the hands of the captain. Moric listens to the words of the officer intently, his plated hands folded behind the bright red cape. He was clad in his full armour and as the codex demanded, not revealing his identity to outsiders of the Order. They knew his name, but not who the person behind is.

"Our droids can secure the city while we proceed with the training. The Skytroopers stay in reserve as QRF. Give me the battalion you deem the least trained and weakest by combat performance, my cadre will take care of their training."

His voice is very neutral, professional and it did not seem to be bragging by taking the 'weakest', it sounded like there was a concrete idea behind it. The icy lenses of his helmet also did not appear to give any information away, he was just looking between the present people. The second anonymous golden warrior next to him, carrying a rifle was not doing or saying anything.

"Additionally I have requested reinforcements of my order."

Location: Floating Mountains -> Debriefing Area, EE Forward Operating Base - Varrol
Objective: Watch the Fireworks

Eleena watched with awe as the lasers streamed from the sky, striking her designated targets with surgical precision to eliminate a large swathe of AA guns and artillery, thereby clearing the way for the landing parties. In doing so, she heard cheering over Mermaid squadron’s comms, but she followed Isena’s example in remaining silent, taking a relieved breath as she sat on the pillion of her swoop. While Mermaid squadron had sustained only a single casualty, a pilot wounded after being shot down, Eleena knew that many other groups weren’t so lucky. Nevertheless, the operation seemed to be a success, albeit a potentially costly one.

“Good work, Mermaids.” Isena spoke up over comms, her authoritative tone silencing the cheers as her voice registered in the ears of the swoop pilots. “Everyone RTB to the Red Maiden.” The swoop ace continued. “Eleena and I are heading to the forward operating base for debrief. Official squadron debrief will be later.”

Upon hearing that, the Twi’lek’s mouth fell open, her eyes going wide as she processed the assignment.

“Let’s go, Queen!”

S5LcmZB.png
Though her brow was still soaked with sweat and her legs sore, owing to the demands of riding a high-powered swoop under heavy combat duty, Eleena listened quietly as the WISCOM officers administered the debrief. Her helmet was off, held under her arm to reveal her pale features to those gathered within the room. As such, her expression upon hearing that Mermaid squadron was being requested to train Ultranauts was quite apparent, one of stark confusion and consternation. In her mind, the request was almost as ridiculous as being asked to make starfighter pilots out of conscripts over a period of a few weeks, though Ultranauts were many, many leagues above conscripts. It was one thing to ride a standard civilian swoop through skylanes. Unfortunately, it was quite another to handle one with mounted heavy weapons, advanced sensors, neural interfaces, missiles, and powerful, military-grade engines which could propel the machine to the speeds of a starfighter and beyond. The Ultranaut Corps were very elite, but their training did not cover the esoteric skills needed to fly such dangerous craft. Eleena had trained for many months to fly “jet swoops” like the Loralora, and that had been with significant and taxing flash instruction. She could not begin to imagine how many months, or even years, it would take to train grunts, albeit extremely skilled ones, into competent swoop pilots.

To say that Eleena was thoroughly confused was in fact, an understatement.

In glancing up to Isena, the diminutive Twi’lek saw that the woman held a similar reaction, but in her typical disciplined fashion, the pink-haired Echani’s expression was nevertheless significantly more restrained.

“We will lend WISCOM’s request its due consideration.” Isena answered politely, after the Rim-Guard officer finished speaking. “That said, Mermaid squadron and other elements of the 10th will be working to maintain full readiness over the course of the next few weeks, but we will lend assistance where feasible.” She finished, not revealing even the slightest hint of the bewilderment Eleena knew that the woman felt.

To say the least, Eleena felt like she was about to faint.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom