Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MG-966 "Hellfire" Class Verpine Shatter Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
light_machine_gun_by_sobaku_chiuchiu_d4flfj1-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Jaeger SolutionsAegis Systems
  • Model: MG-966 “Hellfire” Class Verpine Shatter Gun
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity:
    • Aesthetic Changes
    • Variable Ammunition:
      • Incendiary Rounds
      • FEX-M3 Nerve Gas Rounds
      • Flashbang Rounds
      • High Kinetic Armor Piercing Rounds
      • Flechette Rounds
      • Various Other Jaeger Rounds
    • Tactical Attachments
    • Laser Sights
    • Comfort Grips
    • Scopes
    • Gatling Variant (For Cooling & Firepower)
  • Production: Mass-Produced (Limited for Gatling Variant)
  • Material: Dallorian Alloy BarrelVerpine Shatter Gun Components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Verpine Shatter Gun
  • Size: Very Large Or Extreme depending on Gatling or standard variant.
  • Weight: Very Heavy Or Extreme depending on Gatling or standard variant.
  • Ammunition Type: Jaeger Branded Verpine Shatter Rounds
  • Ammunition Capacity: 100 With Magazine │ 300 With Belt Driven Backpack
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High or Very High on Gatling Variant
  • Stopping Power: High or Very High on Gatling Variant
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Dallorian Alloy Barrel (Both Variants
  • Massive Stopping Power
  • High Fire Rate
    • Optional Gatling Barrel For Sustained Firepower
  • Variable Ammunition Options

Strengths:

• My Little Friend -
    • With the capacity to lay down massive amounts of verpine shatter ammunition, each weapon is created to be a force multiplier capable of pinning down entire squads. Lightly armored vehicles to more traditional armored personnel are all subject to its powerful ability; though its accuracy leaves something to want without the computer supported guidance.
  • Potent Payload -
    • Because of a specialized ammunition produced by Jaeger Solutions and associates, the Hellfire is capable of firing not only kinetically damaging rounds, but rounds that hold a number of sick deliveries intended to murder or stun. From nerve gas to flashbang rounds, the tactical modularity of even its offensive capabilities make this an excellent choice for mainline troops and special forces alike.

Weaknesses:

• Cumbersome -
    • Due to its entire platform being dedicated to massive firepower and otherwise potent destruction, there was little room to be allowed in terms of support. Each weighs a massive amount, coupled with the weight of specialized ammunition and various computer systems forces the user to only exert it under short bursts or otherwise limited moments.
  • Krakatoa -
    • The heat that builds forces a dallorian barrel to be used at all times; but this does not stop the weapon from having short term firing abilities. Full Auto will cause the barrel to melt, and whatever round inside the chamber to explode out the side in short order. While multiple bursts are capable, without the gatling attachment there is very little one could do to lay out continuous firepower without risking their own well being.
  • Need A Break -
    • As the ammunition is used on such a device, more effort was put into the magazine itself rather than the reloading procedure. Many units with these in their repertoire will tell you straight out that running out of rounds can be a death sentence. To reload one, there is anywhere from 30 second to a full minute before the process is complete and its ready to fire once more. This can be a game changer in the realm of combat, and forces the weapon to be restricted to support roles rather than operations including finesse.

DESCRIPTION

In the same fashion as always, Jaeger Solutions creates another weapon to fill a role they have yet to touch. The battlefields ‘Machine Gun’; a weapon capable of laying down offensive waves meant to hinder enemy forces and allow more maneuverability on the opposing side. Capable of hundreds of rounds per minute, each Hellfire is just what the doctor ordered for the morgue to stay in business, and there is no exception in its prowess.
In most traditional senses, the Hellfire utilizes the tried and true platform of the Verpine Shatter Gun; yet was expanded upon in the same fashion as the previous ‘Vora’ Hand Cannon offered by the company. With variable ammunition, a tracking system to boot, and a strong reliance on bringing an otherwise archaic design into the modern era. Yet another design meant to amplify any army who relies on Jaeger for its stopping power.
In usual fashion, the Total War persona Jaeger carries continues with another destructive entity capable of massive damage; either mounted on a vehicle or otherwise, to end all wars. To be the best at war defines the company, and Jaeger loves definition.

Last edited:
[member="The Slave"]

I am on the edge of denying this on concept for the fact that reworking this submission will almost ultimately end up as a whole other submission.

I will recap the capabilities of this submission:

• Target tracking i.e homing rounds
  • Shatter rifle mechanism
  • Shatter rifle rounds [Incendiary, Nerve Gas, Flashbang, High Kinetic Armor Piercing, Flechette, and others]
  • Armor penetration
  • 500 ammo mag
  • 10,000 ammo with belt
  • Low recoil
  • Very high stopping power
  • Very high rate of fire
  • Standard range
  • Mass produced.

Getting close to approval will need this list to be decimated by at least half of it.

Therran Graush said:
Target tracking i.e homing rounds
This was transferred over from this submission: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/119711-hg-54-the-vora-class-verpine-hand-cannon/

Although I know you stated that each submission is done seperately, and I can certainly remove it, it was more a 5 degree turn here or there entirely meant to add flavor to Jaeger's products. If you'd like, I can remove that; its pretty minor.

Therran Graush said:
Shatter rifle mechanism Shatter rifle rounds [Incendiary, Nerve Gas, Flashbang, High Kinetic Armor Piercing, Flechette, and others]
I've seen plenty of 'Verpine Shatter Gun' type modules for machine guns, even the mass produced variant used as The Sith Empire's primary weapon. The other was once again, in reference directly to the fact that Verpine guns can shoot anything from a round to a 'rock'. This is taken directly from the wiki page here. Armor penetration would be the equivilent of a full metal jacket being able to bypass up to stage 3 body plates and what not, and is relatively minor in this submission.

Therran Graush said:
500 ammo mag 10,000 ammo with belt
These numbers were surmised from the hand gun variants equivilent. The wiki states that due to the pellets small size, they were able to hold 50 pellets in a handgun model. Scaling this to what would be a 'Light Machine Gun', I scaled the numbers up. 10,000 is more in reference to full backpacks, or mounting them on a vehicle. If these numbers aren't okay with you, I'm willing to change them; along with most of this submission.

Therran Graush said:
Low recoil
I chose this because Verpines (from what I understood) didn't actually have much recoil. We can certainly edit this, if you'd prefer.

Therran Graush said:
Very high stopping power Very high rate of fire
Remnants of this being a disruptor submission. Although the Very high rate of fire is exclusive to the gatling variant, which is more for mounting, and is minor production by comparison.

Therran Graush said:
Standard range
Assumed a verpine would have a traditional range. Would you prefer something different?

Therran Graush said:
Mass produced.
The one thing I really want to keep in all honesty.

What on these would you prefer to change? Although I've given my reasons for each, I understand that they don't mean much when taken into judgement; so I'll ask where you believe the rankings on each should be taken to and what would be reasonable.

[member="Therran Graush"]

[member="The Slave"]

Firing from shatter gun mechanism hundreds of tracking ammo continuously for a long timespan as mass produced is not going to pass.

• Drop ammo to 100 on magazines, to 300 on belt fed.
  • Remove Smart Aim / Target tracking
  • Include reload speed as weakness
  • Drop stopping power to high
  • Increase recoil to moderate

If you want it for Limited production:
  • Drop ammo to 100 on magazines, to 300 on belt fed.
  • Remove Smart Aim / Target tracking
  • Include reload speed as weakness

Therran Graush said:
Drop ammo to 100 on magazines, to 300 on belt fed. Remove Smart Aim / Target tracking Include reload speed as weakness Drop stopping power to high Increase recoil to moderate
Done. There are still options left for the gatling variant, which as been set to a limited production value. Is this alright?

[member="Therran Graush"]

Please remember to include a summary of changes and modifications made to this sub and be sure to tag a Factory Staff member when you are ready to have this moved over once again for live judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom