Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War Council (Corporate Protectorate)

Nova Storyteller

N
Wb6CjFC.png
XA FEL
GOVERNMENT HALL
@Ari Zannareth [member="Chris Walker"] [member="Custani Valcho"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"]​
ckaqn36.png
On Xa Fel. following the seizure of the planet the Government of The Protectorate has been called together. Now lacking the population of ratified worlds, Magistrates have been hand selected by the Consuls to represent those worlds that wish the join the Protectorate but have not yet been absorbed.​
A single speaker clears his throat, as glasses of water are poured the first of the agendas is revealed.​
A new Government requires new laws.​
Three agendas are slid to the members in dossiers.​
The First an Armament agenda, The Second a Trade Tariff and Alliance Agenda, and the Third a reconstruction Agenda. One of the three must be implemented before the rest as the way forwards....​
OOC​
This is a test run of the Government thread. IF you're tagged here, you have a vote some come in and debate.​
The Process of Doctrine
  • Proposal
  • Discussion
  • Vote
  • Ratification

Ari Zanareth

A
Ari glanced through her own Dossier, reminding herself of what was written. She cleared her throat and nodded, rising with hands clasped behind her back, clad only in her OD green jumpsuit and combat harness. She could have dressed up, but she preferred it this way. Simple, non gaudy discreet.

"Esteemed colleagues, It's time to pick a direction for our little enterprise. But first a History. We were repelled at Bakura by the First Order, now largely silent. We attained supremacy in the Xa Fel system by the might of our pens alone. Now we have moved on in an effort to quell the Vong and Garath Lek threat near Selvaris."

She paused.

"But this action leaves us exposed in other areas. We share border with a Government we have yet to make any meaningful contact with. The Galactic Bank is eager to turn its loans into profit and businesses. We can go the Trading and Alliance Route, where we build strong treaties and trade routes with our neighbors."

"We can go the Military route, where we seclude ourselves and build up our armories. Naturally more funding would go towards Praetor Security Corp and building Military Academies and Fortresses. Also warships."

"Or we can take what we have and expand outwards, bringing newer worlds into the fold, and focusing on constructing them into economic power bases."

She took a sip of water and then nodded.

"Let the debate begin. And be civil about it."

Chris was seated with a small nametag that read [Capt. C. Walker - Representative - Nothmiro Federation], he was only here to provide a voice for Nothmir, little else. Without formal membership within the Protectorate he didn't have much influence.

He tapped on his datapad for a few moments and then stood "My name is Captain Walker, I am here to represent the Nothmiro Federation at this council. You may not know me or the world I represent but that is for later." pulling up a hologram of the orbital shipyards above his planet, "Arms Dynamics can provide arms, armour, and ships in some capacity for the protectorate. We will however require any spacecraft to be crewed by our own personnel. This proposal, while not essential, is meant as a gesture of goodwill towards your government."

He sat back down and allowed the next in line to speak.

Ari Zanareth

A
[member="Chris Walker"]
"Given that Captain Walker has already provided us aid, I vote to accept his proposal, regardless of the outcome of the Agenda vote."

AvRe

[SIZE=12pt]Avery look over the Dossier he’d given upon arrival to the meeting. He kept calm as he read each option that had been presented on the Dossier. Glancing over it again, and again. He found that the first option would be the best for the time being. To build a nation with a capable military, advanced technology, and a plentiful amount of ships, you needed money and friends and if you didn’t have those things than you’d fail. That's the way the empire died, it shouldn’t be the way the Corporate dies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Avery grabbed a piece of paper from a nearby stack, folded it, then wrote his answer. He sighed and slide the paper to Consul Zannareth, then leaned back, Awaiting her response.[/SIZE]

[member="Ari Zanareth"] - [member="Chris Walker"] - [member="Nexus Krae"] - [member="Cypher Rage"]

Nexus clothing was perhaps a bit out of place here, garbed in loose garments that allowed his body to shift easily when necessary, as well as to hide things if he felt like it. Though, that was rare that he ever bothered. He looked at the dossier with the eyes of someone who'd seen things like this a thousand times before, but still chose to take it with legitimate thought. He raised an eyebrow at the water offered but made no comment on the lack of some form of alcohol or more fitting drinks in his opinion.

He watched as [member="Ari Zanareth"] explained the options. Make treaties and trading alliances. Prepare the military and opt for, at least temporary, seclusion. Or full out invasion. In his mind, that last option was out of the question. It was reckless for their state of power. While it might work on a world level individually, it was less effective on a galactic system. Bound to bring in pirates who realized they were weakened. Patience was the way he knew had the most effective manner. However, which one in this case was best.

[member="Chris Walker"] introduced himself and made his offer. Offering ships he said, those were incredibly important, especially with where they were right now. Ari agreed with his proposal. He noted Avery writing and then passing a note.

Nexus decided he might as well offer his opinion on the matter, "I agree to accept his proposal. Though, I do not believe that if he must crew all his ships that we use them as more then 35% of our forces. It's too much of a risk of leaving power to one person. In regards to the future, I would opt out of the final method. Stockpiling military and/or making trade our primary focus presently would be best. We aren't prepared for over-abundant invasions, it would undoubtedly draw unwanted attention."

The Vran'ti Vo Ni let out a hum, "I believe we need to ensure we do not appear as just another hostile power. Playing the long game is key if our plan is to grow. Take things one planet at a time."

Chris listened to Nexus' opinion, noting his odd choice of. Chris was dressed in a crimson and white military uniform, but [member='Nexus Krae'] was wearing loose clothing. " I accept this 35% Corporate proposal, I would not want to appear outwardly hostile to any who doubt our allegiance." he sipped his water, " Any aid regarding military technologies is available upon request. Thank you for your support Mr. Krae."

[member='Ari Zanareth']

Ari Zanareth

A
XA FEL
GOVERNMENT HALL
@Ari Zannareth [member="Chris Walker"] [member="Custani Valcho"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"]​
They were quick to vote and that was good. Long arduous sessions of debate rarely amounted to anything. Ari tallied them up, and then gave them a nod. She took a sip of water and began to scribble notes onto her data pad.

Then she glanced up at them.

"So it is agreed we need the maximum amount of Allies and Trade Routes. This is no easy task however. I'm willing to reach out to quite a few folks. The question then becomes what kind of Governments are we apt to ally with. Myself I'd like to keep the peace in the core. Core Imperial Confed. and the Corellians would be nice to have on our side."

She paused and took another sip.

"I'm iffy about the Sith and Mandalorians. Sith have shown a penchant for betraying their allies. The Mandos seem reckless at the moment. If this is the will of the council though, it can be arranged."

She glanced to Chris.

"We would be honored to have the Nothmiro Federation join under our banner. Work with us and our Banks can offer you a substantial deposit in return for your loyalty. We'll keep our arrangement simple. We'll also need an order for ships placed in. As of right now we possess a dedicated Star Destroyer and Fighter. We'll need Cruisers, Frigates and Carriers made and delivered. Whats the estimate on that?"

Another document appeared projected.

///START///

Directive 1: MILITARY

All systems will contribute a portion of their home defense fleets and armies to the Corporate Protectorate Battlegroups. These will be considered Federal Forces and disciplined as such

Directive 2: MILITARY, ROE

Battlegroups shall be specialized in accordance with their mission. They will follow strict Rules of Engagement, and at no time will mistreat or kill wantonly any Citizen of another nation, not engaged in Combat activity

Directive 3: MILITARY DEFENSE POLICY

It shall be the purpose of this Protectorate to defend which worlds and systems shall fall under it. With any means necessary.

Directive 4: DIPLOMATIC POLICY

It shall be the policy of this Protectorate to initiate first a Diplomatic Solution. If such solutions cannot be reached, military action will be authorized without vote, nor delay to protect Confederacy interests.

Directive 5: ECONOMIC POLICY

Trade will be the highest of priorities. Commerce being essential for the health and welfare of a nations citizenry. Trade will be encouraged, and taxed at the lowest bracket. All restrictions on goods have been lifted. Any Vessel, Company or Captain is free to use our docks, unless they should come under false flag to attempt harm upon us. No goods are to be considered contraband.

Directive 6: FORCE USER POLICY

It shall be the Policy of this Union that Force Using populace will be allowed the same rights as any citizen. They will however abide by the same laws as all other citizens.

Directive 7: POLITICAL POLICY

It shall be the purpose of this assembly to uphold Free Speech, Religion, and the pursuit of personal Liberties. At no time will these Liberties be infringed upon, except in the case where this union is in times of dire peril.

Directive 8: POLITICAL POLICY

This assembly shall be lead by two highest of positions over their respective branches.

Consuls

and

Magistrates

On important matters a vote is convened. There shall be no ties with this system in place. Corruption will result in the immediate dismissal of any Governing person.

Consuls may only serve 6 Months in office. A vote will be convened every 6 months to choose a new set of Consuls or when Consuls become inactive (OOC for a period of 15 days or more.)

Magistrates shall act as system Governors and are by appointment of the Consuls.

Only bonafide citizens may elect to become a Consul or Magistrate.

Directive 9: POLITICAL POLICY

Citizens will have a mandatory service obligation of 2 yrs, upon coming to adult age. This is a requirement for bonafide citizenship.

Citizens may elect to serve in whatever branch they desire. Those that defer this service obligation will not fall under full citizenship rights, and will not be afforded the opportunity to vote, nor participate in any form of Governance.

///END///

"This is what we have so far. any amendments or concerns?"

[member='Ari Zanareth'] [member='Custani Valcho'] [member='Avery Regailis'] [member='Nexus Krae']​

"I accept this proposal of membership with one stipulation. The Nothmiro Federation will have a degree of political autonomy regarding non-humans. On the subject of the Mandalorians and Sith, I agree. They are too unpredictable to become allied with. I would also agree that the Core Imperials and Correlians be noted in any diplomatic settings. "

He took a glance at his datapad and typed out a few notes.

"On the subject of ships, again, our corvettes are being finalised at our orbital shipyards, and the rest of our designed ships are not yet being prototyped. I suggest you allow us some time on this matter, as our carrier and cruiser projects are not expected to be in production soon. This time will be well spent, our labs are developing some unique broadside weapons to make the endeavor worthwhile."

Cypher Rage

C
"I agree, I remember when the three of us stood aboard the CPV Prowess and brought this glory hound into existing. Currently the Mandolorians are being subjagated by the Site Empire. Neither is suited to becoming allies however, a document found itself on my desk. An executive order by the High Chanccelor of the CIC, called the Pelleaon Doctrine declaring any and all Core Governments off limits and as such if we are attacked it would result in the CIC leaving the entire goverment. I am not a politician, no. But I understand the duties of a military figure to protect and serve its government. Don't you agree, Prime

[member="Chris Walker"][member="Ari Zanareth"][member="Nexus Krae"][member="Avery Regailis"]

The representative agreed to the limit, splendid, they moved on. More matters came up, most of which he would agree with. However as the new document appeared he began to know the problems of working with outside worlds. While the benefits and losses of the military and tax aspect were relatively equal most likely, there was a few piece which he knew his people would most certainly not like.

Nexus let out a breath, setting his hand on the table, "I'm afraid I may have to make some particulars in regards to my planet. Understand, our culture differs considerably from outsiders, and that certain aspects are quite normal to use that others may not see so, so keep that in mind as I explain this."

First he spoke to Directive 7: POLITICAL POLICY

"It shall be the purpose of this assembly to uphold Free Speech, Religion, and the pursuit of personal Liberties. At no time will these Liberties be infringed upon, except in the case where this union is in times of dire peril."

"We permit things such as free speech and religion so long as it does not threaten the general system of life and wellbeing of others. It is not absolute. And as for personal liberties we may need some clarification on this, my world permits slavery and has for many centuries. Of course there are certain limitations on such things and a slave is treated more like a forced worker, if someone worked a slave to illness for instance, the owner would probably be put to death. Same with any abuse. But the concept of forced labor and ownership is entirely legal to my people. It is important to understand this I not based on race or ancestry, but usually results because of a crime such as murder, excessive theft not of food or water, or something akin to this."

He moved onto Directive 8: POLITICAL POLICY

This assembly shall be lead by two highest of positions over their respective branches.

Consuls

and

Magistrates

On important matters a vote is convened. There shall be no ties with this system in place. Corruption will result in the immediate dismissal of any Governing person.

Consuls may only serve 6 Months in office. A vote will be convened every 6 months to choose a new set of Consuls or when Consuls become inactive (OOC for a period of 15 days or more.)

Magistrates shall act as system Governors and are by appointment of the Consuls.

"I can mostly accept this in regards to external politics, though keep in mind whoever the Vran'Ti Vo Ni may be at the time, is essentially the ruler of the planet. Regardless of any Consul or Magistrate. Representitives for the Corporate Protectorate may be separate, but ultimately they mostly rely on whoever the Vran'Ti Vo Ni is at the time for most major decisions that effect Vran'ti. The final comment I have to make is on Directive 9."

Citizens will have a mandatory service obligation of 2 yrs, upon coming to adult age. This is a requirement for bonafide citizenship.

Citizens may elect to serve in whatever branch they desire. Those that defer this service obligation will not fall under full citizenship rights, and will not be afforded the opportunity to vote, nor participate in any form of Governance.

He let out a breath, "My world uses science and farming a lot, making people serve at an exact age could potentially completely destroy their crops without sufficient watching. Two years is also too short a time for a soldier to be that great anyway. I would most likely suggest that we'd preform, essentially, a circulation. To ensure that individuals who have to leave have people behind to take care of their property. Since my world is not prone to high tech weapons, it might be advised that instead of military service, they choose a particular field within it. Most of the time this would revolve around being medics, spies, or assassins, because again, the lack of familiarity with piloting ships or using blasters would probably impede them on the battlefield. Since we're already assisting in regards to spies and medical equipment I believe this would be the most efficient manner."[/co.or]

[member="Cypher Rage"]
[member="Chris Walker"]
[member="Ari Zanareth"]

Cypher Rage

C
He began "I could not agree more. Given our current status it would be wise if inflicted minimal political changes on our planets. I believe we should insert military bases and embassies on each planet on order to keep a nice eye on things" [/co.or]

[member='Ari Zanareth'] [member='Custani Valcho'] [member='Avery Regailis'] [member='Nexus Krae']​
" Working off of Mr. Krae's suggestions I think allowing those preforming their 2 year service to be able to request non-combat roles in logistics and medical fields. On the subject of diplomatic and military installations, only a token..." and that last word he stressed "... force would be required, as many Nothmiros tend to take offence at the notion of others protecting us, but as a support element or in a mutual setup this is acceptable."

Chris sat back down and tapped his datapad, bringing up Krae's file. He barely was able to mask his disgust, he... it... whoever he was some kind of alien shapeshifter. He quickly typed out a private message to Zanareth: [We need to talk, privately, once this session comes to a close.]

Ari Zanareth

A
XA FEL
GOVERNMENT HALL
[member="Chris Walker"] [member="Custani Valcho"] [member="Avery Regailis"] [member="Nexus Krae"] [member="Cypher Rage"]​
Ari took in their concerns, scribbling down notes all the while. After they had spoken their piece she glanced up and smiled.

"I agree on all points. This why we have these discussions Gentlemen. Please review the revised copy. If there be no more objections I move to ratify it with a vote. Say Aye for yes, Naye for no."

Chris message dinged on her wrist pad. She pressed reply,
Name the time and place....

///START///

Directive 1: MILITARY

All systems will contribute a portion of their home defense fleets and armies to the Corporate Protectorate Battlegroups. These will be considered Federal Forces and disciplined as such.

Directive 2: MILITARY, ROE

Battlegroups shall be specialized in accordance with their mission. They will follow strict Rules of Engagement, and at no time will mistreat or kill wantonly any Citizen of another nation, not engaged in Combat activity

Directive 3: MILITARY DEFENSE POLICY

It shall be the purpose of this Protectorate to defend which worlds and systems shall fall under it. With any means necessary.

Directive 4: DIPLOMATIC POLICY

It shall be the policy of this Protectorate to initiate first a Diplomatic Solution. If such solutions cannot be reached, military action will be authorized without vote, nor delay to protect Confederacy interests.

Directive 5: ECONOMIC POLICY

Trade will be the highest of priorities. Commerce being essential for the health and welfare of a nations citizenry. Trade will be encouraged, and taxed at the lowest bracket. All restrictions on goods have been lifted. Any Vessel, Company or Captain is free to use our docks, unless they should come under false flag to attempt harm upon us. No goods are to be considered contraband.

Directive 6: FORCE USER POLICY

It shall be the Policy of this Union that Force Using populace will be allowed the same rights as any citizen. They will however abide by the same laws as all other citizens.

Directive 7: POLITICAL POLICY

It shall be the purpose of this assembly to uphold the Political Sovereignty of each System underneath its purview. Laws regarding Military, Trade and General matters will be made at the Federal level. Systems are free to run their affairs as they wish, so long as they make a contribution in accordance with the Articles.

At no time will the Sovereignty of any System be infringed upon, except in times that this Union finds itself in dire peril.

Federal jurisdiction in this case will be surrendered back to Systems immediately following the cessation of such Peril, or else they are Free under these Articles to Secede immediately.

Directive 8: POLITICAL POLICY

Consuls

and

Magistrates

Citizens will have a mandatory service obligation of 4 yrs, upon coming to adult age. This is a requirement for bonafide citizenship.

Citizens may elect to serve in whatever branch and/or Specialty they desire. Those that defer this service obligation will not fall under full citizenship rights, and will not be afforded the opportunity to vote, nor participate in any form of Governance.

///END///

Chris saw the reply and typed out a message: [ Whenever we have a break in this council, no rush. I'll meet you in an office. ]

"I think this version of the document should suffice, I'll put my vote on it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom