Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War/Battles With The Galactic Alliance

Ludolf Vaas said:
Actually, [member="Wolf"], the GA has indeed done everything possible to provoke us from an IC standpoint. They have:

- Attacked us unprovoked when the First Order was just beginning, on Eriadu

- Clandestinely supported the Resistance, a known terrorist organization, against us

- May or may not have had a hand in the death of the former Supreme Commander

Just from these three things alone, declaring a war against them would be totally justified, IC. They have been the aggressors against us 100%.

I'm not weighing in on whether or not we should go to war just yet, I just wanted to point that out. We have a million IC reasons to hate them.
I mean let's not forget that Lothal is only two systems away from our capital. So a that would bother a lot of our citizens within Imperial Loyalist (which is everyone by the way). I'm sure a lot of the upper echelon of both the government and the military won't astnd for that too long with an enemy that's financing the terrorist group in our IC boarders.

But the option of spreading like a cancer twords the core is still possible. Our "Allies" of the commonwealth and the "despicable" GA have not cut us off completely but maneuvering will be difficult.

Probably my last 2 cred as the Jaster doesn't have much authority as a military officer or a member of the Moff Councle.

Lothal and Mustafar being GA territory have long disturbed me so I'm fully in favour of cleansing that part of the galaxy of their presence.
Looking around the other factions, I do believe that the First Order is the only faction capable of fighting and defeating the Galactic Alliance one on one but unfortunately that's not what it would be. The Silver Jedi and Kathol Outback would pile in on their side so I'd strongly suggest sending feelers to suss out how much support we'd receive from Sith and Mandalorian characters before we bite off more than we can chew. I'll repeat something I've said in another thread, the Commonwealth are friendly to us but they have no reason to bleed for us in a war against the GA. They are a neutral-good faction looking for friendly relations with all their neighbours which includes the Galactic Alliance.

Of course it would also be great if we could avoid OOC drama and everyone on both sides embrace the opportunity for good story telling. I was mostly impressed with the Sith Order - Silver Jedi conflict in the Korriban hex recently where both sides by and large displayed a cordial OOC relationship with one another which stood in contrast to certain other faction-faction conflict I've seen. If we do go to war, keeping GA admins in the loop is a must to avoid awkward forum drama (some surprises sure but nothing unfairly crazy) and hopefully they'd do the same for us in return.

[member="Samka Derith"] is right. While we are strong enough to take on the GA mono-a-mono, we need more allies to contend with their possible allies.

There is no reason why the Commonwealth couldn't be our allies. Diplomats... there's your next mission.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

Well the Commonwealth are a Neutral nation as far as I know, they could join us, but it would be a tough sell especially since they are pretty low on members and really have no reason to risk themselves for us to take land. It kinda reminds me of Germany bringing Italy as an Ally during WW2.

If we hit up the Commonwealth, we might as well try the Iron Empire as well. They have history with the One Sith, so maybe they would Ally with us.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Dunames Lopez said:
Mandos have more IC reasons to at least attempt raids against us than the GA. I would probably suggest we go raid a Mando world or two.
What would be the use of that? There would be no territorial gain at all. If anything, it'd just piss off a bunch of well armed yobos for no reason at all.

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] The trick is that they already are angry after us because of the IC reasons they have to hit us. They say everything began in Fate of the Duels. But it will have to be limited to skirmishes and other small-scale actions. And probably true of them, too.

Dunames Lopez said:
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] The trick is that they already are angry after us because of the IC reasons they have to hit us. They say everything began in Fate of the Duels. But it will have to be limited to skirmishes and other small-scale actions. And probably true of them, too.
That PvP thread? There were a few skirmishes between Mando and FO characters, sure, but it hardly amounts to a long list of transgressions between our two factions. We're dealing with Realpolitik here and the Mandos would be fools to try and weaken us as it would only strengthen powers which are actually a threat to them.

...Of course that presumes they can think about the strategic balance of galactic powers and not just mindlessly declare war for the glory of Mand'alor *cough*

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I would encourage a friendly antagonistic relationship with the GA, from an OOC perspective. Armed standoff's, small skirmishes, border tension and etc. all make for interesting RP. It would work, imo, because while there's plenty of incentive ICly for war neither side particularly wants it, but neither is willing to back down entirely either.

This would depend, of course, on the GA being willing to go for it OOCly. As I understand it, that's been somewhat problematic in the past, so instead we have threads like this every so often.

Cyrus will of course always vote for all out war, IC'ly.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Trust me when I say that there aren't many other people aside from me who has for so long wanted to grab Lothal, Kro Var and Mustafar away from the Galactic Alliance more than me. However, with that being said I'd like to establish a more cordial relationship with the Alliance OOCly and as [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] has mentioned, it's been somewhat problematic in the past.

Things may be a little different now, I'm not sure. I'd like to see border tensions, skirmishes, and a general build up to something bigger maybe a little further down the line.

As aforementioned from both Samka and Ludolf, we would be in need of allies. A great need and the Commonwealth has no reason to support us, they did us a solid in Omega but that was it. If we go against the Alliance, we're not only going against them but the Silver Jedi, the Kathol Outback and perhaps a few Mandalorians.

ICly I have plenty of characters would be all for a battle/war with the Alliance. Additionally, I feel we should be united on all of our fronts before going into any battle or war with any other faction. We need to make sure that we're all on the same page and communicating with one another. :)

Perhaps someone with a lot of power should reach out to the Mandos. They seem to respect big guns. Plus the new invasion rules make things a lot more even. I think we could win this with or without help. But if we want go Galaxy wide war and start pumping out the death stars i'm all for it.

A new oppurtunity has arisen, a lot of Sith and even more apprentices were having a peaceful meeting on Atrisia. While this was happening the GA have began a dominion on Atrisia with their objectives being to

Sieb Tevv said:
Objective 2: Arrest or eliminate high value Sith targets on planet.
All out war is beginning between them and the GA, but if we come to assist I am sure the favor of so many Sith would be helpful.

[member="Natasi Fortan"][member="Ludolf Vaas"][member="Cyrus Tregessar"][member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Tanomas Graf"][member="William Kerkov"]

Tanomas Graf

T
giphy.gif

[member="CT-47B"]

[member="CT-47B"]

I think with our multifaceted Ssi-Ruuk campaign currently underway (the incursions of The Assault at Skye, and The Raid at Virgilia, as well as our T3 dominion incorporating the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium threat, with more to come) we have more than enough opportunities to keep ourselves busy, without worrying about the war implications that might be had with openly throwing our forces in support of Sith non-allies, on the other side of the galaxy.

If interaction with the GA is desired, they have already offered to let us take part in another one of their dominions, nearer to us, here.

They included an OOC thread about it here, if you'd be interested in dropping them a line to see if you can fit in somewhere or whatever.

I agree with the sentiment of [member="Tanomas Graf"]'s gif. Because if you do.

https://gfycat.com/LongAnnualHorseshoebat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom