Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War/Battles With The Galactic Alliance

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
[member="Ludolf Vaas"] | [member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Rolf Amsel"]

War, war never changes, though our relationship with the Galactic Alliance has. We began our lives, routed from Eridau with our tails between our legs. But that was a long time ago. We have consolidated ourselves, and bide our time, and now we should strike.

Ladies and gentlemen, today I propose we finally declare war on the Galactic Alliance. For too long, our policy has been isolationism, and I think now is the time to change. While I realise speed isn't a factor, I believe the fact we managed to finish a T3 in 4 days, and finish the single most awarded and lauded faction in the Omega event is a sign that we are able to win a war against the enemy. Our writers are creative, our resolve is strong and our teamwork is unbeatable. We can, and I think we will crush the enemy beneath our strength.

And if not war, then at the very least skirmishes. GA and FO are too close for us not to have some kind of conflict. I think we should fight them, whether that be with an outright takeover of their territory, or smaller skirmishes. We're both evidently expansionist powers, and it'd make sense that we try and purge them from the Galaxy.

Either we go through them, or we'll be boxed in the Outer Rim by the Galactic Alliance and the Commonwealth depending on how far they both expand.

Or we can continue current relations and act like our borders aren't right next to each other.

That's cool too.

Valessia Brentioch

V
I'd like to start with Lothal, personally and work up to Mustafar, or we can start with Mustafar and then work our way down to Lothal. Either way - that works for me we can purge them from that end of our borders and get rid of that little tail.

Or we just continue on as we have been, I'm good either way.

Although I will ask to wait until I have my Warspite-class Battlecruiser subbed to the factory before marching on either one of those planets.

I'm down for a little fight, though I'd classify it was a boarder disrupt then full blown war. We still have quite a few tiles we need before really securing the capital and such.

If we do go into conflict I'm kinda with [member="Valessia Brentioch"], Mustafar would cut them off from the Outer Rim and give us the chance to really widen the gap to our captital and be placed closer to theirs. Plus a lot of planets in those regions have some good IC production facilities and raw goods.

But like the others I'm good either way.

I do not believe war is necessarily in our best interests, but I support multiple threads spanning several skirmishes and disturbances among First Order and Galactic Alliance borders. I could envision some small scale naval engagements, providing a thread for both of our factions' fleeting players. Coupled with a thread where starfighter patrols meet and engage in a prolonged dogfight. In another thread, intelligence agents from both our FOSB and the Galactic Alliance's Somethingorother play cat-and-mouse while trying to secure a deal for their side with a profiteering third party or something.

The point being, I think it would be great to see some inter-faction writing as opposed to the traditional pirate/planetary militia/etc threat that exists in dominions and such. We could alternatively go to war with an NPC, as we had discussed previously. Or start establishing plans for an organized, prolonged threading 'campaign'. Larger threats that require collaborative large-scale military effort to defeat, so that our navy, starfighter, and stormtrooper writers can get involved in a really immersive effort. Fleet and Legion efforts, instead of small scale anti-pirating efforts. [member="Ludolf Vaas"], [member="Rolf Amsel"]

The government and FOSB side of things could be equally involved and massive in scale. I imagine it would be an all hands on deck kind of effort, in sending out envoys and attaches, diplomatic couriers of all shapes and sizes, running confidential orders, conducting inspections of planets ahead of operations and all sorts of things, [member="Natasi Fortan"]. Intelligence could be trying to disseminate false information via falsified leaked comms, etc. Trying to root out suspected Alliance agents in counter-espionage roundups, etc, [member="Sentiri"].

I think there are a lot of opportunities that could arise. Not necessarily out of war, but out of an increased inter-faction dynamic.

Tanomas Graf

T
I, in the field of Empire-building, have always been adamant about going to war. I find that consolidating your resources and bolstering your defenses makes you stronger than the war-mongers that surround you.

But throughout my Rome II game history, factions can rarely co-exist peacefully next to each other for long. Romans and Etruscans, Syracusae and Carthagians, Spartans and Athenai. Empires must expand, even if we must do it by force. The Galactic Alliance is the most lucrative target at our disposal, and they are weakened by the Omega War and their Core campaigns.

I vote war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dylqDO4uEXc

Valessia Brentioch

V
Roderik von Brinkerhoff said:
I do not believe war is necessarily in our best interests, but I support multiple threads spanning several skirmishes and disturbances among First Order and Galactic Alliance borders. I could envision some small scale naval engagements, providing a thread for both of our factions' fleeting players. Coupled with a thread where starfighter patrols meet and engage in a prolonged dogfight. In another thread, intelligence agents from both our FOSB and the Galactic Alliance's Somethingorother play cat-and-mouse while trying to secure a deal for their side with a profiteering third party or something.

The point being, I think it would be great to see some inter-faction writing as opposed to the traditional pirate/planetary militia/etc threat that exists in dominions and such. We could alternatively go to war with an NPC, as we had discussed previously. Or start establishing plans for an organized, prolonged threading 'campaign'. Larger threats that require collaborative large-scale military effort to defeat, so that our navy, starfighter, and stormtrooper writers can get involved in a really immersive effort. Fleet and Legion efforts, instead of small scale anti-pirating efforts. [member="Ludolf Vaas"], [member="Rolf Amsel"]

The government and FOSB side of things could be equally involved and massive in scale. I imagine it would be an all hands on deck kind of effort, in sending out envoys and attaches, diplomatic couriers of all shapes and sizes, running confidential orders, conducting inspections of planets ahead of operations and all sorts of things, [member="Natasi Fortan"]. Intelligence could be trying to disseminate false information via falsified leaked comms, etc. Trying to root out suspected Alliance agents in counter-espionage roundups, etc, [member="Sentiri"].

I think there are a lot of opportunities that could arise. Not necessarily out of war, but out of an increased inter-faction dynamic.
This is a great alternative and provides the start-up, or a prelude to war while providing opportunities for us to test our strength. This much I believe we can achieve now, I do not rescind my vote - however, I feel this would be a great alternative.

/eagerly begins to plan things for Mustafar > Lothal

I vote in favor of war!​
42464.png

I understand the OOC sentiment for some conflict with actual PCs, because I share it. Excitement from one-sided doms etc. can only last so long. But I do not see the IC reasoning.

The solution to this OOC desire is not a potentially costly, difficult and salty war. I'd be wary of thinking too much of any advantage of activity we may appear to possess over the GA at the moment. All their friends will come running to the rescue and out from the depths of inactivity to help defend their faction. And being able to knock out 150 posts in a few days like we can for a dom, which is incredibly impressive, is not the same as winning an invasion, which requires an actual engaging storyline that involves the other side.

I say yes to PC conflict, and no to war. I do not see the IC reasoning for war with the GA at this present time.

The GA has not provoked the FO to warrant a war. Yes, the First Order is an expansionist and imperialist faction, but it is also a pragmatic one. Declaring a war on expansionist grounds is fine, but one would do so only in the full confidence they would win. Expansionism is a weak reason for a war that could be easily lost.

Look to the centre of the galactic map, and all that lovely space there. Why ignore that and start a war with the GA? It makes no IC sense whatsoever. If the FO had run out of places to expand to, then inevitable dispute and war with neighbouring factions would break out, but with the core of the galaxy literally up for grabs, I don't see the reason for this.

My own opinion is this, we continue to expand and dom our way to the centre of the galaxy, with engaging faction storylines that provide motive and NPC opposition. In the meantime, we once again ask the GA for some skirmishes, and stories along the lines of what [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"] has suggested. Border friction and disputes are realistic things that would naturally happen. Try and set up a skirmish agreed upon by both sides, let there always be a thread going where we can dip into some nice PvP and inter-faction stories, having the opportunity to see just how strong we are without going into a war, a war which I do not see IC reason for. A war may naturally develop as we expand towards the centre, but as for now, I don't see it.

I vote against war.

#FirstOrderHippy #FirstOrder4Peace #MakeLoveNotWar

giphy.gif

Wolf said:
dom our way to the centre of the galaxy

casually gets boxed into the outer rim.

Kermit-The-Frog-Memes-Thats-None-Of-My-Business-Tho-What-The-Vogue-679x350.png
But for real, covert operations could work to build up tensions. Can have a stealthship that does the job devved and subbed within a weekend. Not to mention a suit of armour for those army folks who want to take part so they don't identify as First Order Stormies.

Besides, it's only a matter of time before someone (me) does something stupid IC and start a war (me).

Not to mention, it's time to stop breeding hate for our neighbours OOC when we're the ones namedropping.

and get real reasons to talk that good poodoo

IC wise, I believe what [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"] and [member="Wolf"] really cover it, although I'd lean a bit more towards the warring over the kind've maintaing peace bit. But OOC if we are ever going to war, we need to ensure, no, guarantee that we want to do this. War is not easy, and a lot of the time it is not fun. It can lead to poor writing thereby poor decision making, if we want to go to war we must be prepared to commit and try and avoid doing stupid stuff.

Inactivity is what inevitably crashed the OS in their war as they could not compete with the GA's adamant. The Galactic Alliance is now paper tiger, they will not falter in retaliation in whatever we might do, and if OOC things actually start to rile up, it can have a big effect on the IC battlefield. If we are going to war, we must make this a top priority.

Another problem is we will not have time to do much else, during wars, it is VERY hard to do misc. threads and doms when so much attention is divided to the battlefront, this is not an easy decision we should make rashly. Now with that in mind, please go ahead with the planning and discussing.

For my vote, I vote
48_Vote_War.jpg

Actually, [member="Wolf"], the GA has indeed done everything possible to provoke us from an IC standpoint. They have:

- Attacked us unprovoked when the First Order was just beginning, on Eriadu

- Clandestinely supported the Resistance, a known terrorist organization, against us

- May or may not have had a hand in the death of the former Supreme Commander

Just from these three things alone, declaring a war against them would be totally justified, IC. They have been the aggressors against us 100%.

I'm not weighing in on whether or not we should go to war just yet, I just wanted to point that out. We have a million IC reasons to hate them.

First Order Planetary Defense Forces
Ludolf Vaas said:
Actually, [member="Wolf"], the GA has indeed done everything possible to provoke us from an IC standpoint. They have:

- Attacked us unprovoked when the First Order was just beginning, on Eriadu

- Clandestinely supported the Resistance, a known terrorist organization, against us

- May or may not have had a hand in the death of the former Supreme Commander

Just from these three things alone, declaring a war against them would be totally justified, IC. They have been the aggressors against us 100%.

I'm not weighing in on whether or not we should go to war just yet, I just wanted to point that out. We have a million IC reasons to hate them.
Plus they stand for everything we don't and stem from a Rebellion that killed the leader of our Mother Government, as well as destroyed said Government as well. So we have that going for us as well, but like the glorious Supreme Commander said, I'm not weighting in on whether we go to war or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom