Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vong and Force Resistance

Varnag Anor

V
I was thinking about different powers that could effect Vong and could one of them be the "Combustion" like force power. (forget the name)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
And... I appreciate his remarks. Just as well as yours Moridin. Thank you both.

I've learn alot from all this. Especially now that I can see how the Vong ultimately influenced Jacon Solo's philosophy of the Unifying Force and his ultimate denial of Force Morality. A topic I had never fully understood before but is shared among many Sith Lords.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Varnag. Force Powers are OP. I don't want to talk about there here. Please create a new topic or avoid the subject. Thanks. :D

Karen Roberts said:
Force Powers are OP.

He's still on topic, though - mentioning powers that could harm the Vong. Though I agree they're OP, it's up to the writer, not the powers, to make it an entertaining encounter with a Yuuzhan Vong. Most Force Users have made it interesting, and I loved writing counters to Force Powers. The wikia's example is great -

Even a normally powerful telekinetic blast that was capable of launching an ordinary opponent off their feet at high speeds simply caused a Yuuzhan Vong either to stumble, or lose balance temporarily.

Varnag Anor

V
@Karen fine with me. (Ill be done after this post I promise :p )

@Tef yeah its suprising how they could do that. about the closest you could get was a counter. (and that was if it was done correctly)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Teferi Efreet said:
He's still on topic, though...
A topic I'd rather avoid. Thanks Varnag. Force Powers are endless in size and is scope, even on the Wikia. Comparing them one at a time to the Vong is a never-ending process mired in assumptions, opinions, and endless dickering. My original question comprised them as a whole. I'd rather not pull straws out of the hay bail and discuss their individual differences from the color yellow. :(

Now. If you guys want to discuss how to become OP. Min-Max, (M&M), your characters and all that jazz? (...I do DnD. I've M&M'ed for days before.) ...Just please don't do it in here. Thanks. :D

Karen Roberts said:
Just please don't do it in here.
erLdkwd.gif

Ok I have a question, it was said that the Force can't affect them except for Dark Lightning, but what about objects wrapped in the force or manipulated by the Force? For example, I force push a spear at a Vong (not that I plan to do so but this is an example). Would the spear hit? Would it slow down? Would it stop moving? I ask this as a point of reference for future RPs I may make because I have no access to the material after the movies so I am not sure how to rp interacting with one.

Anything you indirectly throw at them will hit perfectly normally. They don't have like a field around them like Ysalamiri do. It's just that they themselves cannot be effected by the force. So with your example, the spear would hit the Vong full force as it would any other creature.

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
Teferi Efreet said:
And I mean, let's be honest here. If one spends enough time researching Yuuzhan Vong technology & biots, you can just as easily become OP yourself.

List of Yuuzhan Vong Technology

My favorite is dovin basals. Grow one big enough and crash a moon on a planet? Let's be real, haha.
What? I was going to use that to order a pizza from a planet I was planning to invade. By bringing the pizza to me. And the pizza place. AND THE PLANET.

"Tip? Yes, here is your tip: Resist gravity wells more effectively."

One important thing to remember is that Force attacks which use telekinesis on other objects hit just as hard. IE, a Jedi picking up a boulder and throwing it at the Vong would still crush it because the boulder is real and gravity still hurts. :p

Flint Pherson

F
"Gravity Still Hurts" ...I wanted that painted on the side of my Star Defender. Maybe as the name. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom