Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Vigilantes, Come Out To Play

Butcher

B

butcher_topspacer.png

DENON

"N-no, please," The Zabrak held up a hand in defense, on the ground against a wall. "You win, you won't see me agai--"

* Crunch! *

The sentient's face was punched with a metallic glove, ending the Zabrak's words - and life - as the attacker pulled back the bloody fist and stood up.

"Damn right I won't see you again."

Dressed in his white business suit, metal skull mask prominently on display, the enforcer known as Butcher sighed. He reached out and took a handkerchief from his top jacket pocket, to which he began to wipe the crimson blood from his right hand, even as he looked down at the dead Zabrak. The chute-worm had tried to slip into controlled territory, pushing spice under a Crime Lord's nose, and figured that the short term gains were worth it... wrong.

"Let's keep moving," Butcher said in a low voice, as he checked his glove was clean, then stuffed the square length of material back into his pocket. "I wanna sweep this entire block, rustle out any womprats once and for all."

The enforcer was flanked by a half dozen other individuals, sentients of all sorts; from a Noghri, a Trandoshan, some Weequay twins and a pair of humans. Each nodded, dressed in their own black business suits, as the posse began to walk away from the dead spice dealer. They didn't care about cleaning up, they didn't make attempts to hide the body, this was now a pointed message - one that needed to be heard by certain interested parties.

"Make the call, get the murder on CorpSec's bandwidth for them to hear."

One of the humans, with green hair, nodded and proceeded to pull out an encrypted comlink. He quickly made the report, anonymously, then ended the call.

During that time, the Noghri - Tch'a - had found the next scent of spice, the sentient's ability to smell well beyond most others in the galaxy, even able to penetrate all but the most sophisticated concealing methods for dealers. And given Butcher and his crew were hunting down mid-to-low leech dealers, they weren't prepared; but that wasn't the point, as the smaller alien motioned for the others, and started toward some more alleyways.

"How much longer til it's time, do you think, boss?" The large Trandoshan asked, yellow eyes looking around, especially toward the building tops. "We've been making noise for a little while now..."

Butcher scoffed.

"I don't care how long it takes," The enforcer muttered, as he smirked to himself. "Longer they take, longer I have to pound heads. Sooner they get here, sooner I beat them into a pulp... win-win."

The posse agreed, some offered snickers and elbow nudges, while the Noghri remained focused on locating the next dealer...

"Two streets over, boss," Tch'a snarled, sniffing again. "And maybe something else. I'll let you know."

Butcher nodded, his dark eyes calm and his manner confident. For now, he didn't represent Black Sun, he was on his own time - clearing up some pesky dealers for a friend, in the process - and had come seeking out a face-to-face with the supposed 'Denon vigilantes'.

He wanted this.

"Tick tock, masks... tick tock."

butcher_spacer.png

Open to Denon vigilantes and other opposing individuals, open to underworld allies/bounty hunters/mercs.

Note: There is a void stone shard (smaller radius) active in Butcher's immediate vicinity.

Last edited by a moderator:

divider.png

"You ain't the vigilantees."

The alarm came quietly. But quickly. After all the crap with the local Vigilante's getting into his business, Xyoz had chosen to take a more.. Hands on approach with his business. The Hyena lost his life as the face of the Giggledust here. Shame, that. Xyoz liked living more in the shadows. But now people were butchering his crew. The scent of blood was easy enough to follow.

He lifted a deathstick, igniting the tip with a lighter he pulled out from his jacket pocket. Xyoz was fully dressed up. Suit, tux, whatever. He wasn't sure what the term was, but he looked good, and he looked like money. That's what mattered here on Denon, for so many. Probably not this guy though, and his thugs.

"You messin' with my shit for a reason, or..?"

Butcher

Butcher

B

butcher_topspacer.png

DENON

The approach of the fur-covered sentient caused Butcher to incline his masked head, as his dark eyes scanned the individual, assessing and judging. Since the other had approached, Butcher waited, listened, even as the posse began to slowly spread out. They knew what to do, if a fight broke out. And finally, the mystery guest spoke, though it seemed both sides wanted the same thing...

"Nope," Butcher said simply. "You ain't, either."

Unfortunate.

With a sniff, the enforcer put both hands on his hips, and listened to the fur-covered alien accuse him of messing with his stuff. Obviously that meant the dealers, the spice and other assorted goods, since Butcher and his crew had been at that game for most of the evening. Still, that indicated that the mystery guest - ears, snout and all - might have had a hand dipping into the leech dealers...

"First," Butcher reached up, held up his gloved hand, and lifted a single finger to the sky. "I ain't messin' with nobody's shit, who doesn't deserve it. I also have no problem knockin' a snout out of alignment, because someone stepped up to me yappin'... watch your tone."

He raised a second finger.

"Second, me and the boys have been pickin' off peddlers who ain't payin' shares to the local Crime Lord in the area, known as Nebula to those that matter. And if you're sayin' you have ties to these dealers we've been messing up... well, let's just say that won't end well for you. This turf is owned. You pay to work it."

He raised a third finger.

"Third, you seem to be after these vigilante mask types, yeah? Well, we are, too. Want to meet up close an' personal like, so we've been leavin' a nice, clean trail for them to follow, usin' those undercuttin' dealers." Butcher narrowed his eyes. "Again, they better not be yours." Then held his hands out with a shrug. "But, fingers crossed, they'll come sniffin'... and then get a bloody nose for the effort."

Butcher lowered his hands, then inclined his head.

"So. What's your name, who's your outfit? Might be we got some common interests tonight."

Denon
Tags: Butcher, Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji

Jasper was exhausted. Ever since Ilum, he had been running around looking for kyber that had slipped through the cracks and fallen into the underworld. Aside from a minor hiccup where he crash landed on Balmorra and almost died, he thought he had been doing pretty well. Unfortunately, when reflecting on the amount of kyber he had actually regained, it was less than exceptional by any means. All Jasper had to show for it was some loose kyber and a cybernetic arm. He was still getting use to the prosthetic, but it was beginning to feel more natural, especially given that it was of his own design. It served as a good wake up call to be less reckless when flying if anything else.

The duelist wasn't on Denon for any kyber related reason. In fact, he was simply passing through the area. Word was that they had pretty good street food. Jasper was a big fan of the street food in the Coruscant Under City, so he hoped that Denon could give it a run for his money... not before catching a few winks. Jasper hadn't realized how tired he was. It had been a few days since he had a good night's sleep. The duelist simply pulled up his hood, found a comfortable back alley, and let himself drift off.

"Wake up!"

Jasper shot awake. It was Pyf, his companion droid.

"What is it?" Jasper groaned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Bad news," Pyf informed him. "Poke your head around the corner."

Jasper leaned around as the droid instructed, noticing a distant figure in a skull mask of some kind. At his feet was a man who had his head caved in. The individual was large, well built, and accompanied by a security detail. Jasper quickly ducked back around the corner, his mind fully awake.

"Oh my god, his head!" Jasper exclaimed in a hushed tone. "That's straight up a super villain. I read a comic like this once."

"Now isn't the time," the droid scolded. "We need to leave."

"Don't worry," Jasper assured Pyf. "We'll just watch for a little bit and gather some intel. I'm guessing that guy is bad news."

Jasper poked his head back around the corner. He was dead silent and far enough away not to be spotted easily. The duelist reasoned he'd wait it out and see what went down. The street food would have to wait.

Karkosuchus

K

The rush of the Denon air brought him back to his last mission on the planet that of attempting to assassinate the Jedi Battlemaster Valery Noble and the Donna Ivory Shroud. He had failed to complete his mission then but he would not disgrace himself now. His clawed hands gripped the control wheel of the Skraal Lightning Wheel as it zoomed past city block after city block. Small bumps could be felt as the wheel ran over pedestrian after pedestrian to the sound of shock from those not caught in the cross-fire of his current speed rampage.

Bringing his datapad towards his hand and overlooking the information provided to him from the 'Client', a group of Vigilantes had been stirring up trouble for the criminal elements on the planet. Karkosuchus had accepted the job not because of the considerable reward but to settle the score with denon from his past failure. He was going to make himself known on the planet as a ruthless villain who would not stop until all neighborhoods were terrorized.

The only thing standing in the way was the Corporate Authorities of Denon but they were easily distracted with the shadowy group called 'Darkwire' at the moment so it was nothing to worry about at this time. He turned down an alleyway which was a 'dead end'. But not for long as he pressed a button on the control panel which ignited the green swirl of lightning. The fully powered blast of lightning rocked across the alleyway like a stream of force lightning; slamming into the wall which enough force to send the bricks and stone flying across the street. Moving the vehicle forward through the alleyway onto another street.

He zoomed up the side of a building with the wheel's heavy spikes and jumped off of it from the side after seeing Butcher and Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji engaging in conversation down below. His full force impacted on the ground near to them but not quite close by to harm them seriously. Bricks and the road flew in all directions due to his massive weight. His form appeared from the mist for just a brief moment to show his immense 11 feet tall size outline within.

His right foot stepped out of the mist and soon afterwards his left.

"What do we have here, a get together of criminals."

Karkosuchus said licking his blood stained teeth.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad business.

In recent times, the situation on Denon worsened; from robotic monstrosities ushered into some excuse for a music venue, to the increased traffic of spice and now to casual murder in the streets by those that seemed a little above the level of common and casual in terms of criminals - a white suit, flash, all with a black skull mounted on the top as some sort of ornament. If even. So maybe a Givin, a Shistavanen, and what amounted to some horrid version of a Trandoshan wandered into an alley... Sounded like the start of a bad joke and with crooks like this, it often was.

Out of sight but certaintly not out of mind, Corin situated himself on the ledge of a rooftop some ways above them. His crimson mask seemed ill-suited to the raised stakes and conflict, instead the Padawan opted for a helmet of a similar colour. He filled out that pitiful uniform with age, considerably more height and mass added on since the teen started in this endeavour to battle the injustices of Denon with fists over the law.

You could bribe a lawyer, a judge, an officer. Not these fists, however.

The whites of his helmeted eyes narrowed over the observer, the tilt of his head came with a sudden realisation of a familiar face. Be it far from one he was pleased to see, that is. Few had been introduced to this aspect of Denon from his peers, even less understood behind the mask and now helmet had been Corin. Better like that, he often concluded over the stress-free situation of those around him aware. Regardless of the negative aspects, not ignoring the possibility of outright expulsion from the order.

"Got erh..." His muffled sigh poured out into the air shared with Shrike, a gloved hand rest over his dome. "Got a Jasper." He pointed down at his fellow Padawan, though one Corin had hardly known beyond words heard through others. Few and far between, in either case. Sure to wind up in trouble, if not hurt. That was his opinion, at least, often rife with arrogance.

He climbed back upright, "So what's the word?"

The flickering urge to push Corin Trenor Corin Trenor off the ledge came and went. Wasn't it hard to breathe in that thing?

Jem crept forward, her finger tips brushing against the rough grain of the roof ledge. Unlike her counter part her face was bare, her angled features cloaked in the shadow of her hood. Even in the dark, her golden complexion was apparent.

Jem never felt more herself then when she peered over a ledge and was greeted by a gust of wind. ...Even if it smelt like eggs. She crinkled her nose and breathed the force into her. Her eye sight sharpened enough to catch the familiar features of the padawan down below.

"What is he doing here?" Her eyes traveled down the ally, towards the trandoshan jumping off a speeder for a group of people. They were the real reason the trio had stopped to linger from up above. If sources were right, this trandoshan was the one that attempted a hit on one of their own.

Jasper was going to get himself killed. Or worse, get in their way. A scowl touched Jem's brows. She looked up to Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze for guidance.

Last edited:

Jasper noted the arrival of a large, reptilian individual and a more canine looking man. The latter of the two he didn’t recognize, but he did know who the lizard was. Jasper ducked back around the corner, vanishing from the line of sight of anyone who may be looking down the alley.

“I know that alligator,” Jasper whispered to his droid. “Karkosuchus. Dude’s been rather prolific in the bounty hunter scene. He’s got a history of working with bad people.”

“So you know who this random lizard is?” Pyf asked, almost in a mocking manner. “Then who’s the sitting Chancellor?”

“Er, n-not right now,” Jasper deflected. “I’ve noticed a few other things as well. Big skull face guy? That mask is probably beskar, or at least an alloy of the stuff. That rules out attacking his head. There’s something else too…”

It was a strange fuzzy feeling, but nothing more than that. Maybe Jasper was just imagining things, but there was definitely something off in the Force around the masked man.

“Regardless, we should get to higher ground,” Jasper reasoned. “You can’t underestimate the high ground in a situation like this.”

He ushered his droid companion into the hood of his shirt before silently scaling up the wall of the alleyway. Jasper was shocked at how much easier his new mechanical arm made such a task. As he pulled himself onto the roof, three masked individuals came into view. The padawan was overcome by a wave of complete confusion. There was really only one reasonable explanation for all of this: Jasper had accidentally stumbled upon something else he didn’t have any context for, a surprisingly common occurrence.

“Oh,” he began with a frown, muttering mostly to himself. “I think I’ve picked a bad day to come to Denon.”

divider.png

"Nebula, huh?"

Xyoz let out an annoyed sounding sigh as he rubbed at the back of his head. Then took a long drag from his deathstick to finish it off in one go and chuck it aside. The smoke flowed from his lips as he spoke up again. "Seems my boys n' girls were gettin' too big for their britches. I ain't lookin' for a gang war. Costs too much." Hands in his pockets, he stepped over. He was alone. No guards, no minions. Just him.

"You made your point. I'll pull them back outa this territory. You can keep the Giggledust they brought with em, and whatever profits. Consider it a late fee on that tribute, and a payment in advance for meeting with your boss." His glowing eyes narrowed as he stopped just shy of the man.

"But lay another hand on my folks, and I'll rip it off. War costs too much, but I can make exceptions."

But the vigilantes, yeah. With that outa the way Xyoz just nodded. Turned his head just as the behemoth of a walking crocodile hopped down beside him. "You don't look like one of them masks. Here to make a problem? Or do you wanna deal with the fucks watching us?"

He took a sniff of the air, turning his gaze towards Jasper just as the boy pulled out of sight. Then right towards the others peeking over the ledge. He flashed a wide, toothy grin.

"Oh. They look like masks, don't ya think?"

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Butcher | Karkosuchus | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Last edited:
It's night.

A drizzle from an hour ago washes the blood away into the gutters of streets rife with crime, along with any semblence of decency left.

It's a concrete jungle. A dog eat dog world. Unforgiving and ruthless. Another couple of hours and the sun's gonna rise up in the sky bearing grim news to a widow made widow and a child made orphan. The sun will sink and they'll pray for karmic justice in a world that knows no fairness. And when the sun descends again, deaf to their prayers, another pair of criminals are born.

In these vertical, labyrinthine wilds of cement and steel, it always seems easier to find the way down but never up.

A world where hope's found in the cold iron of a gun, love in the clinking of credits and loyalty at the highest bidder. A world deemed to be unsalvageable. A world, Yula had once told him, had no place for heroes.

And yet, the raven-haired Knight perseveres.

Perched upon the ledge of a rooftop, Nightshrike observed the gathered three below. White orbs of a domino mask carefully examining each one of them. Lately, there had been an influx of crime lords into the already busy underworld of Denon. Most, he'd found out, had been expanding their business from Hutt Space. The Concord's apparent failure there had led to a nuclear spillover of crime here. Top it off with the droid anomaly and the rumors of an automaton doomsday,

He'd come to terms he'd most likely die before this planet could be saved but the heirs he left behind, looming beside him, were more than capable of carrying the torch next.

"He's a Jedi, isn't he?" Night cocked an eyebrow before the smirk of an upcoming lecture curved his lips. "Put some trust in him." trust; a concept that had spelled disaster in various different forms for the three and their dynamic. He tilted his head at Jem, finally realizing. "Hood's nice but--" he gestured at the area over and around his mouth. "-- heard topping it with a bandana is the new trend in town."

Their small conversation was cut short when Jasper materialized infront of the three, clearly perplexed and bewildered at their sight.

"Yeah, pretty much." he confirmed the boy's near silent mutter but relaxed his posture, indicating neither of the masks were hostile to him. For a brief moment, Nightsrike remained silent, considering to dismiss Jasper and urge him to leave. There was a reason the three bore hidden identities. A reason very closely tied to the Sacking of Coruscant not long ago.

Before he could utter his verdict, his senses twitched informing them they had been spotted.

Well, chit.

The raven-haired man casually stepped over the ledge and dropped on the alley, facing the three gathered outlaws. Other than Murder Croc over here, whose premature shot at glory was hampered recently, the other two were nowhere near familiar. And that meant the situation on Denon was truly worsening.

"You guys really gotta find some less suspicious places to meet, y'know." he said, a hint of mockery in his tone. "Make it a little less easy for us."

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Corin Trenor Corin Trenor Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji Butcher Karkosuchus

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus had been noticed by Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji after he had made a particularly loud landing on the street. He was quite amused at the suggestion that he was here to make a problem. "If I wanted to make a problem, I would have just shot you from far away. Furry" Karkosuchus said as his snout began to pick up foreign scents located nearby which was later confirmed a little bit later. "They look like masked freaks to me, must be the numskulls trying to run around and play dress up." He said a little later with a snarl. Pulling out his concussion rifle from his right three weapon holster and carrying it within both arms to handle the weapon's added weight due to a size increase for him to actually use this variant.

His glowing yellow eyes gazed over as Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze made his appearance before them and started to taunt them. He would respond in turn with a taunt of his own. "Is it normal for adults to wear a child's party costume." he said with a smirk of his own. The barrel of his concussion rifle was pointed directly at his opponent as his clawed finger inched towards the firing mechanism and gently pressed it. The concussive rounds soared ahead with a loud burst towards the man looking to incapacite him early on in the fight to save time.

"I've got this one, you handle the rest." He said to both Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji and Butcher letting them handle the small fry that had arrived on scene in an apparent attempt to play hero. His large tail went side to side like a battering ram into the walls nearby as he moved forward to engage with the disguised hero.

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk
Corin Trenor Corin Trenor
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"Stay out of this one, kid." His muffled, synthesised and callous voice could serve to shield any familiar sounds. Corin averted the white eyes of the helmet from Jasper onto the scene below, the same one that had seen Kaze dive into the middle of without so much of a word until he was settled into the thick of it. Typical, the junior to his senior mused. He rolled his shoulders and tilted his head to either side, the ends of his feet over the ledge with nothing more than his heels to keep him grounded.

He leapt from the rooftop with two legs aimed like bullets set on a collision course for the blaster wielding reptile, set to strike across the shoulder. By no means anything more than a momentary distraction, the kind that could afford some sloppier aim for a shot or two that may otherwise collect Shrike in one swoop. Unlikely, however. He could handle himself better than most, anyone Corin knew.

The masked vigilante bounded towards the Shistavanen with a flying punch that targeted the snout. "You must be the Hyena, then." He called over the beginnings of the scuffle, "Maybe you've heard of me, been a blast beating you."

Last edited:

Butcher

B

butcher_topspacer.png

DENON

The dark eyes in the mask lit up with a smile, even if the skeletal mouth didn't move, as Butcher listened to the Shistavanen. At least the name of the boss the enforcer mentioned was recognized, not many wanted to mess with Crimson Dawn, they had a violent reputation after all. The furred alien's statement about the territory was simple, straightforward, and Butcher decided to avoid being a wamprat about it.

"Sounds good to me," Butcher said simply, as he reached down and adjusted the sleeve on one arm. "And I've had an arm torn off before... didn't do much. See?"

Butcher wiggled the hands in both gloves, a real ta-da motion. He chuckled, not a pleasant sound.

"Now, how 'bout you stop posterin', and get to kickin' the chuta out of some vigilantes."

As the Shistavanen mentioned about being watched, which the nearby Noghri confirmed with a nod and glance up to the building top in question, there was a sudden commotion from further down the alleyway. It was around that time a familiar - and huge - sentient appeared, who stepped off a weird but unique vehicle amid cracked pavement and impact...

"Well, well, I'd know that reptile anywhere," Butcher stated, as he pointed to the large alien that approached through dust and smoke. "Karkosuchus. Was wonderin' if you'd show your scaly hide... party's about to start, I'd guess."

As the giant lizard and canine had tender a moment, Butcher began to prepare. He rolled his shoulders, then unbuttoned his white suit jacket, before he shrugged out of it and folded the item. He passed it to one of the twins, as he turned back and adjusted the gloves on each hand. Without the jacket, a pair of large pistols were seen hanging against Butcher's sides from a shoulder holster, which was clasped over a white vest. With a slow exhale, the skull masked enforcer looked at the pair and stated:

"Think it's that time."

And no sooner had the words been spoken, than a humanoid landed nearby dressed in a... questionably tight getup, complete with little mask over his eyes. The sentient was tall, lean, but didn't look like a pushover. He mocked the group of criminals, commenting on how easy it was to find them all, to which Butcher scoffed.

"This one must be the muscle? Hopefully he's not the leader," The enforcer shook his head. "Clearly ain't got two brain cells to rub together in that dome. Bein' easy to find was the point."

Then things kicked off.

Karkosuchus attacked, as he fired off a huge weapon, and started toward the first vigilante to approach... but there were obviously more, to which Butcher looked up and caught sight of the falling form of another, one aimed right for the hulking reptile.

"Heads up, Karko," Butcher called, as he began to run toward - and past - Karkosuchus, who now had to deal with a more direct attack. "I'll take the pretty boy in the blue mask. Let's mess up this two-bit neighborhood watch!"

With metal gloved fists raised, Butcher closed the distance, as he bobbed and weaved. The approached his intended target - unknowingly, the Jedi Dagon Kaze - and gave a few quick punches, mainly to test the kid, see what he did. But, even with the testy nature of the jabs, there was some force behind the strikes, as Butcher grinned inside the skull mask and prepared for a good ol' brawl...

“Hey!” Pyf snapped at him. “Hide your face. I don’t feel like being hunted after this.”

“Oh, that’s a good idea,” he nodded, slipping on his anti-toxin face mask.

"Stay out of this one, kid."

“Kid,” Jasper echoed, reacting with a frown.

Maybe he was young, but Jasper had fought Sith and gangsters alike in the past few month. The only thing that had genuinely injured him was a crash. Sure, the duelist struggled with conversation at times, but there was no way this masked guy would know that, let alone be able to judge his capabilities in a fight off of it. The other masked people jumped down to engage the thugs, so he didn’t really have any time to protest.

“So, are we leaving?” Pyf asked him.

“Of course not,” Jasper responded with no hesitation, loading the crossbow mounted to his mechanical arm. “What kind of Jedi would that make me.”

Jasper took aim at the goons the followed the man in the mask, firing off three rounds. All three hit a different thug in the right knee, shattering the bone at the joint. They collapsed in succession, their legs giving in from the force of the arrows. Jasper had gotten pretty good at firing weapons in his time away from the order. Not everyone took to kindly to Jedi these days. In that time, he became a pretty good shot, but a little bit of focus with the Force definitely helped. He loaded three more arrows into his crossbow.

“Sorry… whoever you guys are,” Jasper stated, remaining firmly on the roof. “I’m not going anywhere.”

There were definitely things that Jasper was afraid of. Unfortunately for his self preservation, death was not one of them.

divider.png

"Bla bla postruin' whatever. You're doin' too, so pot n' pan. .. Or whatever."

Xyoz shrugged. Someone had to be the biggest dog here. And he was more than content with letting one of these two take it. Better they get more notoriety than hi- His train of thought was promptly interrupted by a punch in the face. He staggered back, reaching up to wipe at the blood that dripped from his mouth with the back of his hand. And laughed. "So you're the one messin' with my stuff? Hyena. .. Yeah, sure. We can stick with that. Why not."

He raised his hands, casually starting to roll up his sleeves. That's how people did that, right? To look intimidating? Roll up their sleeves after the first punch had been thrown? Xyoz was preeeetty sure he saw that once. Might've been in a movie, now that he thought about it. Eh, whatever.

"Big guy over there makes sense. But draggin' kids into it? Tsk. Why don't you go home while we beat down the dumbass over there? I'll let ya walk away."

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Butcher | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze | Jem Fossk Jem Fossk | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Karkosuchus

Jem watched them drop, her weight shifting to her knuckles as she watched them set up.

Her force-attuned ears could hear the posturing from here. She rolled her eyes and pulled her neck-wrap over her nose. She gave Jasper a wordless shrug and let her weight crest that precious point of balance... she dropped like a rock in the night, only unfurling at the last moment to slam into the ground. Her joints protested the impact, the shock of it echoing through the pavement and to the--

A pot hole under Xyoz Maji Xyoz Maji shot up, aiming to clip him under the jaw. "You talk too much."

Said the kid, the ball of her foot slamming for his gut.

divider.png

"Seems like a good deal, don't i-" Crack went his jaw. It unhinged, broken and shattered in too many ways other than to hang limp under his head. And he frowned. Well, frowned as best he could. It showed in his eyes. He stumbled with it before reaching up and just resetting his jaw. Another horrendous crack filled the air as the shattered jaw fell into place. Fixed itself.

"I don't do fightin' kids." The kick came, but rather than take the shot he reached a hand out to catch Jem by her ankle. Far faster than a normal person could've, with a grip like iron. He was done playing around.

"I'll make an exception, though."

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

This wasn't the first time Denon had popped up on Cato's radar. And if anything, it seemed the possibility of it becoming a regular vacation spot only seemed to grow. The planet was a breeding ground for crime of a caliber all its own, and with the Hutts unable to keep their grubby hands out of the pie, then Cato would have no choice but to follow.

Nar Shaddaa was his turf. He knew those streets. But Denon was foreign. He couldn't help but feel a little out of his element even on the second run. Criminals, though, they were all the same. From the Outer Rim to the Core, they all defaulted to baser instincts when push came to shove.

That said, most of them weren't quite as colorful as this lot. It was enough to evoke a few long minutes of shadowed observation on its own. But it wasn't long before the action kicked in. A vigilante made his presence known to the assembled criminals, as Cato had expected. But then another. And another.

"Damn. How many of 'em are there?" He was almost jealous. Fighting crime on Narsh was by and large a one-man crusade for Cato. Meanwhile Nightshrike had himself a motley crew of urchins at his beck and call. Alas, the time for internal monologuing was over. At least he had some back up of his own tonight. "Show time. You ready?" The knight glanced over to Inanna, offering a single nod and a cocky grin before he pulled a full mask over his face.

Cato leapt in from a rooftop, propelled exceptional height and distance by the Force, and dropping into a roll before the scene playing out. His suit: a black, fitted design made for stealth and freedom of movement, minimalized and tactical in design. Though it was not without its own sense of flair, as a series of green lights flicked to life on his approach. They gave form to what was otherwise little more than a black silhouette, complete with similarly glowing goggle-like lenses. Over the top of it, he wore a black jacket, more as a personal comfort and fashion statement than any practical addition to the getup.

"Didn't know the circus was in town today." The expressionless mask quipped upon entry. He raised an arm and pointed the fist downward; From underneath the sleeve of his jacket, a wrist-mounted fibercord whip launched out towards Butcher.

"That must make you the ringleader, no?"

Last edited:
"Do they all have goofy superhero names?" Inanna asked, yawning. It was past her bedtime, but if Cato wasn't going to bed, neither was she. "Do we have goofy superhero names? What am I, Morph?"

She followed him down, blinking in amusement at his quipping, then scanned over the crowd of vigilantes and criminals that had gathered. A furry was fighting a teenage girl with golden skin; a blond kid who looked like he had wandered in by accident and decided feth it, why not join the fun was firing arrows from a bow, and a pair of absurdly attractive (by Inanna's standards, at least) masked young men were beating up a crocodile and a dude with a black skull for a head.

"To be honest, I think the circus is doing pretty well," she remarked. "They're all paired off with dance partners. I almost feel bad for tilting the odds in our favor. The criminals are better dressed, too. Makes me feel like I missed my calling to be a Denon drug dealer."

Her lightwhip lashed out toward Karkosuchus ' ankle, hoping to knock the big croc off his feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom