Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Failure to Remain Airborne

Failure to Remain Airborne
Balmorra
Tags: Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr

Jasper crashed ships a lot. He had a tendency to wind up in less than ideal situations over very trivial reasons. This time was a little bit different than the previous occasions he had been taken out of the sky. The duelist had assumed that he had tracked down a lost bit of Kyber from Ilum down to Corellia, but the lead was a ruse. Instead of Kyber thieves, Jasper wound up finding armature Jedi hunters, who were using the recent events on Ilum as a way to lure in more targets. The padawan managed to steal one of their MorningStar-B Starfighters, but couldn't get away without taking heavy damage to the left wing of vessel. He managed to make it pretty far down the Corellian Trade Spine before...

CRACK

He didn't need to assess the damage. Jasper could only watch in shock as the side wing of the starfighter vanished into the vacuum of space. Before long, he was caught in the planet's gravity, rapidly descending towards the surface of the planet. There was nothing he could do this time to slow the impact. The ship was cheaply built, with very little in place to increase drag or restabilize the vessel, especially after the loss of a wing. All he could do was sit and watch as he plummeted, the fighter becoming a ball of fire as it streaked towards the face of Balmorra. As the ship made impact, Jasper hit his head on the dashboard. His vision went black. When he came to his senses, the padawan was overcome by a sensation unlike anything he had ever felt before. It was as if a thousand daggers were digging into his right side, all blazing with the heat of a sun. When he turned to see why, it didn't take long for Jasper to realize what was wrong. A piece of the durasteel plating had come loose when the ship hit the ground. It became dislodged, flung back by the kinetic energy generated by the crash. The piece of shrapnel had ripped cleanly through his arm, shoulder and all. The padawan's right arm lay there on the floor of the tattered cockpit, the blood from within the limb pooling out around it. Jasper scrambled to grab his lightsaber. He needed to cauterize the wound, or he would risk bleeding out. As the blue blade of the weapon made contact with the torn tissue, Jasper let out a bloodcurdling howl unlike any he had ever produced in his life. Even with the shell of the vessel keeping some of the sound from escaping the vessel, the cry could be heard in a few mile radius, his voice enhanced by the Force in a moment of extreme pain.

When the wound was closed, Jasper tried to find an effective way out of the vessel. The cockpit door was jammed, and cutting through it with his lightsaber would be risky without a second arm to keep falling debris from injuring him even more so. The padawan didn't have to think about it for long. The pain had grown too strong. Jasper's body reacted by going into shock, his vision fading to black as his mind lapsed into sleep.

The smoke could be seen for miles.

Milla was an explorer at heart, a little nomad of the stars always looking for something new and exciting. From desert planets to frozen wastes to jungles and many in-between. Whenever the Jedi exploration team set out on a new adventure, she made sure to find here way to join up, and this expedition was no exception. There was one drawback, however, and that was the fact that she knew almost nothing about Balmorra. What she found was, well, not exactly to her liking.

The cold duracrette beneath her bare feet reflected the "soul" of the planet itself. Lifeless in almost every sense. Sure, there were beings living here in large numbers, it was just...the planet felt lifeless at its core. She could sense a few plants struggling here and there, but nothing to connect them and give them real life. Even the air smelled foul, as plumes of toxic fumes rolled out of stacks. All around her was nothing more than a duracrette and steel hell, and she was not enjoying it.

All this might have just been the Kiir in here. They were wildlings who preferred the more untamed planets that haven't been touched by civilization. Balmorra was a prime example of what they avoided as a species. Between the industrial centers, concrete and.....droids. Milla gave a loader droid a wide berth as she wandered down the street. She was debating about returning to the ship and waiting out the trade deals or whatever the exploration team was doing at the moment. That was until a sound caught her attention.

The roar of engines rapidly grew closer. Causing her gaze to turn upward just as a damaged fighter went screaming overhead. She froze in place as the vessel disappeared over a few smoke stacks. The second the ship was out of sight, her feet were moving on there own. She raced through the streets in the direction the ship went. Rounding a few buildings, she found herself at the edge of the town. In the distance was a column of smoke rising into the sky not to far away. With only a moments pause, she was off again.

She was almost there, another ridge or two and she'd be....a scream of pain rippled through the force and the physical air. Clasping her hands over her ears, she almost stumbled from the shock of ot hitting her. Shaking her head clear as she crested the next slope to discover the downed vessel. This was definitely a crash landing if she had ever seen one. No time to stop and stare, people were in trouble.

Clambering down the slope, she ran to the rear of the vessel. Unsurprisingly, the back half of the vessel had a hole in it just big enough for her to squeeze into. The inside wasn't any better, not that she expected it to be. The cockpit door was a different story, however. Wedged shut from the force of the impact but definitely not something that she couldn't handle. Reaching out with the force, she grabbed a section of the door and pulled. Like a tin can, it began to slowly peel away from the frame till she had enough from the squeeze in. That's when she saw him. The battered and definitely injured pilot sat the seat, with his arm lying on the floor. That part told Milla just how much danger the unconscious pilot was in. With most of her strength, she managed to carefully remove the pilot from his seat and drag him outside away from the downed vessel.

The small Kiir knelt next to the man and examined him for injuries, minus the obvious lack of arm. The arm itself was the worst injury but seemed to already be cauterized, which was good, but he was in shock, which was bad. Milla wasn't entirely sure what to do. Her medical training was limited, and so were her current supplies. She did have some force training for such situations, however. Closing her eyes, she placed her hands on the man's chest. Slowing her breathing, she focused with the force on stabilizing the man and heal some of his smaller injuries.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Balmorra

A sudden wave of life surged through Jasper's chest. He woke suddenly in a fit of shock, his grey eyes dilating as they darted about his surroundings. The duelist was on solid ground, and a gentle breeze against his cheek seemed to suggest he was no longer trapped within the ship. As his vision adjusted, Jasper noticed a girl looking over him come into his line of sight. She seemed to be healing him, which would explain why he felt less terrible. Less terrible, of course, was not much better given the excruciating pain he was currently. Still, it was better then nothing.

"Oh my god," Jasper wheezed, clutching his chest. "I'm not dead."

He needed a moment to take that fact in. Somehow, the padawan had managed to survive what should have been a fatal crash, given the less then ideal circumstances that lead to him hitting the planet's surface. That wasn't even factoring in the chance that a random force-sensitive bystander was able to resuscitate him. Unfortunately, as he went to clasp his right arm at the point in which it hurt, he remembered why it was that he had blacked out in the first place.

"Oh my god," he muttered to himself, becoming pale in the face. "My arm is gone."

It was a lot to process all at once, a comeuppance of his recklessness coming to a head all at one point. Suddenly, he remembered that there was someone else there with him, someone who had clearly just saved him from the burning wreck behind them.

"S-sorry," Jasper apologized awkwardly. He hadn't really done anything wrong, he just couldn't keep himself from doing so. "Thanks for saving me. Er, well, what was left of me."

How much of him was left anyways? It was hard to tell through the pain, but fortunately he seemed to generally be in tact. Before he could think for much longer however, the world began to spin around them. Jasper clearly had lost far more blood than he had realized, though he was far to delirious to realize it.

"Uh, I don't mean to alarm you," he continued, frowning anxiously, "But I can feel the planet spinning. Is that bad?"

He was alive? He was alive! Milla let out a sigh of relief at having at least kept the teen from dying on the spot. Now to just keep him that way. Biting her lip, her eyes turned to what was left of Jasper's arm as he began to fully realize what happened. "Well....it could have been worse than an arm." Okay, so it wasn't the best response she could have given but she wasn't used to trying to calm someone who just lost a limb.

"I couldn't just leave you in there." Milla sat back on her heels, wrapped her tail in front of herself and examined Jasper. The more she took in, the more injuries she saw. She wasn't a healer, that much was sure, the question now was how to get him to one. Her gaze turned back to his when Jasper mentioned that the planet seemed to be spinning. "No, no its not. That's more than likely from blood loss. I need to get you medical treatment, real medical treatment and not the limited training I have." Reaching into the pocket of her cargo shorts, pulled out a small communicator. The devices range wasn't very far, but hopefully it was good enough. The masters at the temple had seen it fit that each of these devices had an sos button with a tracker installed, which would come in handy right now. Milla pressed the button and held her breath as she waited. Several seconds dragged by before the devices began to send out its destress signal. Breathing out another sigh of relief, she looked down at Jasper. "I've called for help. Hopefully they'll be here soon." She tried to give a reassuring smile to the teen in an to keep him calm. "I'm Milla Caranthyr

Balmorra

"I've called for help. Hopefully they'll be here soon." She tried to give a reassuring smile to the teen in an to keep him calm. "I'm Milla Caranthyr."

"That's a good name," Jasper nodded. He was out of it. The blood loss was clearly starting to get to him. "Kinda odd, but it seems like names are odd anyways. I mean, my last name had an apostrophe in it."

The padawan frowned, his eyes trying to lock onto Milla's face. When there soon were three wobbling girls looking down at him, he knew that something was undoubtedly wrong. Jasper tried his best to recollect his thoughts. The last thing he needed to do was lose it, especially in his current state. He just needed to keep his mind active.

"Uh oh," he continued, "You've multiplied. I don't think that's good. So... how bad is it? My not arm I mean. I can't see it very well."

Milla gave a little chuckat the comment. "Yeah, names can be a little strange." She bit her lower lip in worry at Jasper's ramblings. Maybe the blood loss was worse than she thought, or possibly a head injury. Whatever the case, she had to keep hum calm and awake.

Her eyes wandered to his arm when he asked about it. The sight alone almost made her cringe. "It's...well, it's definitely going to scar." Milla locked eyes with Jasper to keep him focused on something other than his arm. "How did you end up in that wreck?" Sinking some into the force, she began to try and heal him some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom