Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Velser's Pod - Corellian Trade Spine Purrgil Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebe035d05eec0a223434ed3311cb5d5.gif

We have traveled the stars for generations, our history nearly as timeless as the vast ocean of hyperspace. We do not remember when they began to watch us, as we have watched them, but do not bother us and so we do not them. From planet to planet we move, following the matriarch as she commands. Never has she led us astray, and so we live on in the stars, unfettered by the ebb and flow of time, free from things such as politics and war.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Fleet Name:
    • Corellian Trade Spine Pod
    • The Emerald Pod
    • Velser's Pod
  • Classification: Pod of Purrgil
  • Affiliation: Although it is affiliated with the following, this is considered an NPC Fleet that any Group/Faction/Company may utilize if they are in the area.
    • High Republic
    • Outer Planets Alliance
    • Alliance
      • Feel free to link to this in future codex submissions
      • Feel free to use this in private or open threads in the area
      • Future Majors along the Corellian Trade Spine, feel free to use
      • Minor Factions in the area remember "within reason"
  • Fleet Symbol: None
  • Description: The Corellian Trade Spine Pod is a group of Purrgil that has been spotted traveling along and near the popular hyperlane over the last few decades.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: N/A
  • Ports of Call:
  • Goals: To find and cycle through new and known sources of Clouzon-36 and evade would-be hunters and pest exterminators.
  • Reputation: Purrgil were a rare sight in the Galaxy, but well known enough for spacers to be wary of stray pods. Due to this pod's relatively structured migratory path, most spacers can avoid them depending on the time of year. Likewise, because it is one of the few tracked Purrgil pods, many of the worlds, sectors, and systems along the space whale's pathway have adapted the migrations as seasonal tourist attractions, bringing in avid Purrgil watchers and curious onlookers alike. Once protected in the days of the Republic, before the Gulag Plague, many advocacy groups have pushed over the decades since the virus' disappearance for new regulations with every government having their own views and laws surrounding the Purrgil pod. As one of the few tracked pods, they were also heavily studied by scientists and exobilogists and seen as one of the Galaxy's greatest sources of Purrgil study. Unfortunately, because of their close study, they were also frequently the target of poachers and thrill-seekers. Because of the excess of sentient movement around them via starships, the pod was also followed seasonally by huge flocks of Mynocks and Grallocs. Thus they are seen as a pesty group by government officials, professional shippers, and others who have to deal with the pirates, unauthorized travelers, and mynock and grolloc flocks.
COMPOSITION INFORMATION
tumblr_oczoinG7Cf1ulw6kto7_250.gifv

tumblr_oczoinG7Cf1ulw6kto8_400.gifv

• Fleet Size: Huge
  • Lead Ship: Matriarch [Giant: 850 Meters]
  • Composition:
    • Purrgil: Small [10-20 Meters]
    • Purrgil: Average [20-35 Meters]
    • Purrgil: Large [35-100 Meteers]
    • Purrgil: Huge [100-500 Meters]
    • Purrgil: Giant [500-800 Meters]
    • Mynocks: 1-2 Meters
    • Grallocs: 2-7 Meters
    • Occasional Pirates and Smugglers
MEMBERS
N/A

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Originally tagged in 395 ABY by an independent exobilogist group, the Corellian Trade Spine Pod, or CTS, was a collection of small to giant Purrgil that wandered deep space. While not the first Purrgil pod to be tagged for study, it was one that garnered a large amount of attention due to its frequent use of the Corellian Trade Spine. The pod was first discovered when a Galactic Alliance patrol flotilla ran afoul of the purrgil, resulting in the destruction of nearly a squadron of fighter craft and one of the patrol boats. Fearing for the lives of these majestic creatures, one of the leading conservationist advocacy groups appealed to Coruscant, insisting that with proper care and monitoring of the purrgil future incidents could be avoided. Rallying public support the pod became a growing topic of conversation throughout the Core worlds. As word of their travel began to spread systems and lone space stations that had been living with the purrgil for decades quickly began seeing an influx of tourists. These tourists encouraged the affected senators to join with the conservationists due to the increase in tourist revenue lining their pockets. Together, for better or for worse, the purrgil pod became a protected entity within the Alliance.

The pod gained several names, often regional. The two most famous names were Velser's Pod and the Emerald Pod, named so for their appearances in Velser's Ring, a failed gas giant that over thousands of years had most of its gas frozen with its frozen gas refracting the light of the system's sun which produced a large rainbow. Viewing of the purrgil in this phenomenon was considered to be one of the greatest experiences in the Galaxy as the purrgil dipped in and out of the expansive gas clusters that dotted the belt. Its second name was coined by the citizens of the Corellian Sector. Always one to slap their name and their heritage on anything they could, the Corellians marketed the pod to hell and back which resulted in several teams in various sports adopting the name as well. They quickly became one of the most well-known purrgil pods in the Galaxy, creating its own subculture.

After the Guag Plague, however, much of this data was lost, though the spectacle never truly left. Lacking the enforcement from a single large government, however, poachers, smugglers, and pirates began using the pod to their benefit, creating a growing concern for these "Purrgil Raiders" among affected sectors. Along with the migrating raiders came other pests as well, resulting in the spread of mynock and grollock nests along the purrgil's route, adding a true pest to the purrgil's pod. Despite this, new advocacy groups began following and studying the purrgil and began the process of appealing to new governments once again. Despite all the commotion surrounding them, the purgil of CTS don't seem to mind.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Thank you for your patience. I have just a few comments before we move this along. Both are purely administrative, as this is a solid lore submission overall.

1. Unreadable Text

The gradient that you're using for that background hides the dark text. As such, I'd ask you to please either change the black text to a different color or use a solid color background, if you would. Below is a screen shot of what I mean

RKPdomW.png

2. Affiliation.
As much as I appreciate that this is a flavor sub that codifies a pod of migratory space whales, there are two rules that apply to Fleet submissions that I fear are working against your concept at present. In terms of the Codex rules, that would be "Only a Major Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc."

In terms of the applicable Factory rules, we have the below:
dfuHRsE.png
In the absence of a stated affiliation, I would default to viewing this as if it were an Individual submission. The problem with that is that individuals can't field a fleet. And so I don't see a way forward there.

Accordingly, for this to move forward, I'll need you to select an affiliation for this submission (company, minor faction, or major faction). Once you have done that, we can discuss fleet size based on the stated affiliation at that time.

Those are my thoughts and I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have completed any edits.

Zak Dymo Edited the text color.

As for the affiliation, all the Purrgil are under the individual vessel size limit and because the codex template itself says
Fleet Size
: [ Choose from
Small, Medium, Large, Huge
. This is a rough idea, not a hard number. Keep in mind that this is relative to the Fleet's affiliation. A Large fleet for a minor faction would be smaller than a Large fleet for a Major Faction for instance. A Minor Faction's small fleet would be larger than a civilian merchant small fleet. This field is not meant to be used to decide which fleet, head to head, wins a battle. That can only be decided in RP. ]

and there is no actual ban on individuals owning fleets but rather the stipulation that even if they had a fleet a "large" individual fleet would be smaller than a minor faction's "large" fleet or a Major's "large" fleet I don't think there's actually anything here that's wrong. If it's used it's used recognizing that it isn't a match size-wise to actual factions.

Zak Dymo

Z

I'll be honest and say that I feel the Fleet template is the wrong approach for your stated intent. Maybe I should have opened with that, but I was looking for a way to get this to meet the rules that wouldn't require a re-write of the submission. A Media Lore submission, such as an article recording the composition and migratory habits of the purrgil pod, would achieve your stated intent without implicating any of the Codex and Factory fleeting rules that are presently holding this up.

As it stands, I won't argue my interpretation of the rules. The Fleet template that we have, with the rules currently in place, envisions a faction or company fleet, not something of this nature. If you desire this to go forward as a Fleet Lore submission (with no Affiliation), simply reply here that you will seek a Second Chance.

Over to you for how you'd like to proceed.

Zak Dymo

Z

I feel like you and I are likely going to continue talking ourselves in circles. Which is not going to be productive in either case.

As much as I'd like to find an easy solution for this, short of giving it an actual affiliation, this is fundamentally the wrong template for this. This isn't a fleet, it's a herd. But, rather than to continuing to circle back to that, I've asked another judge to take over this submission.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Zak Dymo

Greetings - I'll be taking over from here. We all know this is a lovely submission. The art pops and the concept is neat, but, that isn't what we're having an issue with.

1.) I'm not sure if this [ANY FACTION CAN USE] was meant to be amusing or lighthearted, however, if read in regards to what was discussed with the CJ - It seems unnecessarily passive-aggressive. You are free to have your own opinion and preferences but the approach, expression, and delivery do matter.
Codex.png
I'm not here to debate whether it was or wasn't, but, this should make future expectations clear. Let's put a pin in it.

2.) While I 100% understand your reasoning for choosing the Fleet template for this submission after reading your responses, unfortunately, this submission is on the wrong template. It is not a Fleet. By your own terms, it is a Purrgil Pod. (Or a "Purrgil Flock" if we look at the Wookie but either term fits the bill.)

For the Fleet Template:
fleet.png

With regards to what has been written for this submission - It just doesn't fit the bill. A Purrgil Pod could be considered a Fleet IF someone organized and somehow directed it to be so. This is why some sort of affiliation was initially requested. As it stands, this is a herd of creatures, space-faring road-hazards, looking for more Clouzon-36 and an escape from would-be predators. This submission describes the cultural aspects, migration patterns, and the mysterious nature of Purrgil. It does not describe a fleet.

So - In light of that, as previously mentioned, this should be on the Media Template. You may add as many fields as you choose to make it fit and simply state "N/A" for the fields that don't apply.

If you would like to proceed in that direction I can move this to Pre-Codex while you make adjustments.

You may also request a 2nd Chance and we'll assign a new Judge/RPJ/Admin to look it over.

Please let me know with which option you would like to proceed.

Thank you!

It wasn't passive agressive, it was there to let people reading this submission in the future know that they can use it without my consent as affiliation typically means people have to go and ask the og author for permission. This was my permission for future uses in threads or submissions while also providing affiliate links, linking to the three factions the pod passes through and is protected by.

I'm confused why it needs to be second chanced because I added the affiliations and edits as asked, but I can second chance it.
Its also not media and with the original lore template gone it really doesn't fit the Media lore template either. But like I said if it needs to be second chanced that's fine as well.

EDIT: The reason I subbed this as a fleet as well instead of in the media template was I intended to use this or other people to use this as an environmental npc for their threads. An NPC fleet for whoever is in that neck of the woods to come across and use to their advantage or detriment and because it was intended to be used in some capacity in potential pvp or pve exchanges I subbed it as a fleet rather than simply lore

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Last edited:

As I mentioned previously, I'm not going to go back and forth on it. You know what I expect in the future - And that's good enough.

For the Sub:

A Media Template would not stop any other members from utilizing the submission in an environmental setting. Fleet and Media are in the Lore section. They both hold similar weight to each other, however, if you intend to KEEP the submission as a Fleet you have to enter the affiliation correctly. This was requested by the CJ initially and I'm not sure why such circular debate is happening when there is a very clear pathway forward.

There's no affiliation in Media nor does it have the same requirements as the Fleet Template. You seem to be glossing over the inherent reasons this submission does not belong without really reading anything you've been offered. Each response to this submission has been an attempt to aid you in the simplest way forward; But it's been met with a wall.

A Second Chance may be requested because I'm not willing to approve it without one of the following:

1.) Put it on the correct template. It's not a Fleet - It's a herd/pod of wild animals that just happen to fly through space.

OR

2.) Set up your Affiliation properly. This is NOT a Fleet so it's already a stretch for us to consider leaving it on this template. If you want to keep it? You'll need to do it right. This means that you can't mask the affiliated factions with the words "Anyone Can Use" - List them how you would normally. Name of the faction, hyperlink that, etc. You may include a note somewhere beneath it, or beside it, that states "Although it is affiliated with XYZ this is considered an NPC Fleet and any Group/Faction/Company may utilize it if they are in the area."

The reason this is specific is because the Codex MUST adhere to Factory Rules in regards to Tech/Fleets/Etc...
dfuHRsE.png

Do you see the section where it crosses "Individuals" and "Fleet Size" with "N/A"? This means that an individual could not utilize this Pod if it's considered a Fleet. It does not say "Within Reason" or anything of that sort. It literally states N/A. They cannot field it - They can't use it. You're essentially shooting yourself in the foot with the idea that "anyone" can use it by limiting it with a "Fleet" template.

The reason it belongs to Media more than anything else is because it isn't a Fleet. From what I'm reading you don't want an affiliation. But, calling it a Fleet imposes restrictions that we have to deal with. This is the reason we're at an impasse.

So, the submission gets proper affiliations, with the correct limits imposed by the Factory Production/Fielded Table - Or you convert to Media, essentially bypassing the Fleet issues, which lets you have your cake and eat it too. The choice is yours, but, you need one or the other.

I wasn't trying to go back and forth with you, was just looking for clarification and providing clarity :)

But I see where the disconnect was.

Labeling the affiliation with the actual factions it passes through with a "Any faction roleplaying in this submission's area may use and other writers may use for future submissions/factions without my consent" is alright? If that is the case then submission edited

Srina Talon Srina Talon

ffd4be9064bf231fbf2955dc3f31ffad.png

This is better, but, I would also nix the words "Not Affiliated" because that is misleading. Because you've chosen to keep it listed as a Fleet you have to be clear about who can utilize/field it. Individuals can't per the Factory Table. Something like what I have below (Feel free to edit to your liking) may suit you better:

"Although it is affiliated with XYZ this is considered an NPC Fleet that any Group/Faction/Company may utilize if they are in the area."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom