Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial Val's LFG Guide

This is something I've thought about making for a while. I really love making LFGs to find threads, both to write with people I know well, and also to discover new writers and story ideas I wouldn't have come up with myself. But from my own LFGs, I've noticed that some get a lot more responses than others, and the tips below are what I feel could help draw more eyes to them!

1. A good Title
It seems obvious but I've found that LFGs with "Looking for more threads" generally get less response than titles that give an idea about what kind of stories you're looking for. Even if you're open to all sorts of stories, it can help to offer a basic idea. Or even include which groups (Jedi, Sith, Mandalorian, etc) you're mostly looking to write with.

2. Short and to the point
Most people don't like to read huge walls of text when they're looking for new threads. Keeping it short and offering some of my own ideas for threads has always worked the best. I tend to make some bullet points with a few rough ideas, and in the responses, people more often than not choose one of those, rather than offering their own ideas.

3. Avoid clutter.
This is not as big of a deal as the first two tips, but to me, it has helped to not blow up the LFG with memes, quick back-and-forth, or other clutter in the replies. I tend to site DM or reach out on discord to discuss the actual thread once people expressed interest in writing.

Hope these help and I'm always curious to hear other pieces of advice to make a good LFG!

Caedyn Arenais

C
7d08yu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom