Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diplomacy Valor on Vulpter (High Republic and the Alliance)

banner.png

Vulpter
In Atmosphere
Aboard the
Radiance

Ryv Karis, Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order, stood before a grouping of Republic and Alliance officials alike. Tension filled the air as both parties awaited the briefing to begin. He knew starting the breakdown would be pointless until Lisza Starseeker arrived. When the quarth governor strode into the room and took her seat, Ryv began.
"Ten hours ago, Kaito Kiyoshi and Cassius Callaesar met to discuss the Nationalist Vulptereen Front's continued attacks across Hpaq and Charbi. The former headquarters to the Viper Sensor Intelligence Systems, Viper Tower, wound up their agreed-upon meeting place. Shortly after their arrival, their comms went dark, and the building went under lockdown. We sent in teams to investigate, but anyone who attempted to breach the structure have met similar circumstances. Two hours ago, an announcement was made by the Nationalist Vulptereen Front, claiming they took the High Admiral and Corellian Senator hostage. When we asked for evidence, they sent us this."
Ryv strode up to the table and clicked at the screen of a holopad. A projection sprung up between the attending parties. Both Kaito and Cassius were chained together with a pair of vulptereen's holding them at blaster point. Each of them sported bruisings and lacerations across their faces, likely at the hands of their captors. The recording device flickered away from the two, focusing on the snarling face of a vulptereen. The creature smiled into the camera before the screen went dark, leaving the threat to be interpreted by those in the room. Ryv took a step back and looked to the planet below them.
"The Nationalist Front have fought tooth and nail against the expansion of the Alliance, then Imperium, from the moment we stepped foot on the planet. While most of their followers disbanded once the planet came into Alliance control, it appears the more radical of the bunch are still up in arms. A series of bombings throughout Hpaq immediately followed their message. Right now, our hands are tied. I can't order further action without the approval of higher-ups among both parties. If anything were to happen to either of them, our shared vision could very quickly fall apart. Lisza, what do you think we should do? You've got more experience here than most of us combined."
The kiffar moved to take a seat at the table, his amber gaze settling on the republic's dignitary.

Last edited:
As of late the Republic and the Alliance had been working together more and more as they secured the Core Worlds from the despots, raiders, and cultists that had filled the cracks left behind by the power vacuum brought on by the Sith Imperial Bloc. It seemed that despite their rocky beginning that the two nations were becoming much more than friends, and she liked that. Unity in the Core would inevitably bring about the stability required to end the tyranny of the Sith, hopefully once and for all. Between the number of credits flowing through and the myriad of manufacturing worlds, the pride of the Core would once again radiate through the Galaxy. So when the Alliance had requested help in pacifying an extremist insurgent group the Alliance had called on Corellia who had dealt with similar groups in the Forgotten Sons and the Directorate, though the latter was still around and more like a splinter they couldn't quite dig out.

But things had taken a turn and the young Corellian Senator, Kaito Kiyoshi along with the Alliance's Admiral had been kidnapped. Lisza had been on a shuttle the moment she'd heard, consequences be damned. She was not a representative of the Republic as a whole, at least she wasn't, but she was the Diktat of Corellia which meant all Corellians were her responsibility. With Kaito out of commission, she took on the responsibilities as interim Senator of Corellia and had given herself the authority to come here...To Alliance Space. She felt a wave of relief wash over her when she walked in and saw Ryv, recently Knighted. A familiar face. Listening intently as he spoke she clenched her fist tightly when she saw what they had done to Kaito.

"Maybe forced occupation isn't the best way to win over a planet's people," she said under her breath, angry that the power and hubris of a "Jedi Lord" were now going to potentially cost the lives of her people. She knew it wasn't fair though. It was good that the Senate had decided to keep this on the down-low, though she was sure it would leak from the Senate soon enough. There were already misgivings as to whether or not "the Alliance" could really flip flop from a monarchical Jedi led Empire to a true democracy overnight, and this world and its "Freedom Fighters" would only add to those hesitations.

"I'm sorry Knight Ryv, that isn't fair," she said, apologizing. She took a deep breath and folded her arms across her chest. "Have they made any demands?"

Ryv Ryv Gala Geert Gala Geert Mikhail Feyer Agrippa The Hutt Agrippa The Hutt Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"No need to apologize, miss Starseeker, I understand your misgivings," Ryv assured her while waving a hand, symbolically tossing aside the statement as a whole. "Their demands have come in a three-part plan they are expecting us to enact within the next twenty-four hours. Each demand gets exceedingly more difficult; however, putting us in a lose-lose position, I'd say," he stepped back up to the table and tapped away at the same holopad from before. The planet of Vulpus would appear between them, projected from the holo terminal. Beside it, an older vulptureen materialized as well. Ryv looked up from the terminal, nodding to himself before continuing.

"Their first demand is complete autonomy. The radicals want the Alliance and Republic alike to leave Vulpus be and not come back. Their second demand," the kiffar paused and motioned to the projected vulptereen. "Is the execution of the planetary representative, Beb Kilv, his office, and his family. The nationalists believe Kilv sold their planet and people out to win over the affection of the Imperium. The final demand is the deliverance of Cedric Grayson, Bernard of Arca, Jegy Sesara, Loske Matson and myself to die beside Kilv and his people," Ryv crossed his arms and sighed softly. "During the planet's acquisition, we imprisoned many on the outskirts of Charbi and chased out others. During the battle, some of their people wouldn't surrender and wound up dead for it. They seek justice for our actions and demand our lives as payment."

Ryv grimaced and allowed himself a moment to eye the slow turning planet beside them. He hadn't taken the lives of anyone, but he understood their stance. If any of the Order perished in such a manner, he imagined he'd want justice upon those who took his family away.

"If it were my life and autonomy alone, I'd be willing to give it to them. But it's not. We can't bargain away the lives of innocents looking to do what's right for their planet. I think we need to figure out a joint-op. Get boots on the ground, jam their transmissions, and get our boys out of there."

Last edited:
Vulpter // VSI Systems HQ // Undisclosed Location

The old Admiral coughs and spits as he returns to consciousness in his chair. A new layer of blood had formed on his pants and shirt, still drying over the last one. The nationalists were no kind hosts. Their aggression and hatred of foreign powers was evident in their short tempers and violent outbursts. He lets out a pained groan, trying to fight through the agony brought by the numerous tender bruises and lacerations to shift himself back into good posture.

Slowly, the haze in his vision fades away and the memory of their current situation returns to him.

"Kark..." Cassius mutters under his breath. His eyes look through the shadows, realizing quickly that he and the Corellian senator had finally been left to themselves in their holding cell. A wince escapes him as he shuffles to try and glance behind him. Unable to, he listens for any sign of his cellmate tied opposite of him. Another quiet cough comes before his strained voice is heard, "Senator... Kiyoshi, are you still alive?"

He holds his breath as he waits for a response, trying to remain hopeful. He knew things would become more complicated if the nationalist's were stupid enough to kill such a pivotal Republic official. "They've left us alone. Who knows for how long," as blood fills his mouth he's forced to spits once more, this time off to the floor at his side "we need a plan. In case our governments can't get to us fast enough."

Vulpter Orbit // ASV Radiance // Briefing Room
Republic Engineering Republic Engineering // Ryv Ryv // Raona Cadera Raona Cadera

With a thumb pressed to her emerald bottom lip, Gala observed the rotating projection with a listless expression. Right now was a discussion beyond her pay grade and interest. Lips were moving, decisions were being calculated. She lingered near the back of the room, not privy to a chair. Operating as a representative of The Alliance's SIA, she was required to attend, not contribute, and redistribute the information to her team. A team that had another objective baked in -- play nice with The Republic Commandos. A squadron lead by Republic Engineering Republic Engineering .

The video was played, and the demands relayed. Sounded absurd to ask so much of a government with a fleet as impressive as the attempted joint forces. This was a garbage planet after all. A resource for junkyards. The good Admiral had looked better, though the abuse he'd endured on the broadcast gave him a rugged, sort of endearing look. She folded her arms and looked over to her co-commando, who seemed fixated on the rotating map.

The boots on the ground part was where they came in.

Viper Tower didn't look particularly intimidating, but it had already swallowed two high-ranking officials and investigation teams. "You have an idea for a stealthy insertion?" She asked, keeping her voice low and shared mostly with the commando next to her.

Last edited:
Steve ws just another pilot. Well, as far as rankings go. He wasn't force sensitive, he wasn't all experienced veteran. He was just another kid from another family with a complicated past. He had his own skills, he was really got with technology, and had upgraded his own cybernetics several times. And he knew a good deal about ships, but as a kid, hadn't gotten to fly that many. He relied on his natural reflexes and his not so natural use of cybernetics. Something he was considering making even greater advantage of in the future. However, he was loath to put any implants near his head at the risk of hackers. But he was studying external brain readers and how that might work with additional exterior parts which he could use to augment the ones he had, and to maximize the rest of his body. It would also help prepare him should he ever...well lose another limb.

For now though, he was relying on his training from the academy as a pilot. As he donned the pilot suit, although he also often kept some of his own things in storage on it. He kept on his rocket boots and his pistols with him, but that was about all he could keep for this ship. The sf-58-thunderbird-class-star-fighter. A fast and lethal ship that took a considerable amount of time before they let him fly it, let alone in potential combat scenario. Here he was though, boarding the thing.

He turned on the comms, giving word to the others that he was prepared and that systems were prepped as he went over them as directed. He was normally a very cheerful kid, and the lightness in his tone was still there, but he still understood the gravity of the situation. And he was still willing to follow rules just as instructed. He was no soldier, not really, but he was going to follow orders.

Vulptar, Atmosphere
I.S.V Radiance

"Hostage?" Tristan asked. The Admiral was at a lost of words. Honestly, he had never expected for Cassius to have been taken hostage. He was a great Admiral and comrade. The Sons of Session had come to respect him as a warrior.

Tristan was more comfortable around officers of the High Republic, something he would never admit to anyone. The Alliance was very similar to the Republic Inna lot of ways. One of them would be the fact that both of them had been ushered into huge shoes to fill. So far they were both holding their own but what would happen if they joined forces completely? Would the Core become stable under such a powerful Alliance?

Time could only tell. "Diktat Raona Cadera Raona Cadera , I don't believe we've met. I am Admiral Tristan Evore of the Federal Navy. I had the pleasure of working with some of your officers during an attempted raid in the Kuat Drive Yards. We've come a long way since the Battle of Kuat. I look forward to working together her. Master Ryv, I am Tristan. I've heard a lot about you. As a member of the Sons of Session and as a Jedi Master I will assist you in rescue operations."

Last edited:
This was nothing. Amateurish and rudimentary torture, beatings, and honestly insulting imprisonment protocol. He'd originally volunteered for this outing because he wanted to see if the NVF would have the capacity to be molded into a tool for use in his and Darth Voyance's plans for the Alliance and the Republic. To be sure, any idiot with a stick could be trained to be an effective soldier with enough time and effort, but these buffoons had angered and insulted him, and time was not on the side of the Qotsisajakaar. Drawing on the Force to enter a meditative sleep, he'd been able to keep most of the swelling down around places he would require if he needed to plan his own escape and so the younger politician looked a hair better off than the older Admiral that had come with him.

Admiral Callasar had been an unknown to him until the few hours before their capture. Having spent time with the man he could gather a few things. First, he was not one to shy away from his duty, regardless of the ethics. Second, he was a man of wealth and influence in his home system of Annaxes. Third, he could be a potential ally if care was taken to manipulate events around him. Maybe this capture wasn't a full loss for the darkling in training. He felt his cellmate stir behind him and sighed, awakening from his trance and cloud of thoughts.

"I am," he said in a low voice, "Agreed. You wouldn't happen to be a Jedi Admiral, would you," he joked and choked out a pained chuckle.

Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar

Vulpter // VSI Systems HQ // Undisclosed Location
Maou Maou

The Anaxsi lets out a pained chuckle, but it quickly turns into a cough. Cassius grumbles a bit while collecting himself and giving the chains a slight tug to test them, being cautious not to put too much strain on the Corellian. It had certainly been a while since he had been in the field like this. He'd done well to keep himself in shape, even aboard a bridge the job demanded it, but he was not the spry junior officer he had once been.

Quietly, he replies "No Senator, I'm afraid we're not that lucky."

He peers through the darkness again, squinting to keep them open through the stinging of blood and sweat. "I can't see a damned thing," he remarks, failing to even spot light shining through a doorway "must be mechanical doors. If that's the case, there must be a control panel somewhere in here. Or at least a panel we could pry off to access the lock mechanism."

He shuffles in his seat once more, trying to get a better feeling of how well they'd truly been tied up now that they're in a more lucid and less dire state. "I don't think those little bastards tied us up too well. If we work together we can likely slip over the tops of these chairs. That should loosen them enough to get out and start fishing around in here."

Bradan Droth

B
Vulpter // Emergency base of operations // Down the street from Viper Tower
Ryv Ryv Raona Cadera Raona Cadera Gala Geert Gala Geert Steve Holt Steve Holt Tristan Evore Tristan Evore Spirit of Hope Spirit of Hope

His chair faced away from the table, one arm leaning on it for support while he sat reclined. His other arm was rested on the chair's crest rail. One leg over the other, he was resting them on the face of the chair next to him. His hand slowly tapped its idle rhythm on the table's metal surface. The blue holograms of the Jedi Ryv, the Diktat of Corellia, and several others played across the holocom at the table's centre.

"Negotiate with three-foot-tall, buff chevin out for our blood. Not precisely what I had envisioned doing today." his speech was heavily accented and devoid of any humour.

He didn't look at the comm unit as he spoke. Despite the appearance of anything but concern, he was staring at the looping transmission they had received, intently trying to spot any important details that might have been omitted from the hastily written report on the table.

"I'm ready to serve the Alliance, Jedi. Tell me what you need from me and I'll buy the SIA as much time as possible."

He turned his head to look out the darkened viewscreen of the improvised base of operations on Vulpter. From down here Viper Tower had an almost imposing presence. The difference in architecture between its lower and upper floors was still noticeable today. It made sense the Vulptereen would choose this location. In a way, it remained as a symbol of foreign powers undermining the planet's sovereignty. A part of Mikhail couldn't blame the little fellers. The Alliance under their High Lord Imperator Grayson had acted far from tactful in its diplomatic approach of foreign systems.

The street leading up to Viper tower's main entrance had been cleared and barricaded by local law enforcement. A few puddles of rain sat idle, last remnants of the morning downpour. The rare flimsi newspaper rolled across the empty distance. Mikhail sat up straighter, turning to set his feet onto the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigma Squad - Republic Commandos
Unit Commander: Lieutenant Gideon Raith.
uSejzyJ.png
"... a stealthy insertion?"

When the words left the green-skinned woman’s lips, Gideon found his attention lured away from the wistfully spinning projection. The man was consumed by the myriad possibilities that lay before him and allowed his thoughts to drown out the seemingly distant conversation. Their words held little meaning to him, as they sought to dance across eggshells in the attempt to defuse the ever-escalating situation.

Admirable, but ultimately pointless in his mind.

“Just by looking at the feeds from the ground, I can see several points of ingress,” Gideon began, speaking as softly as his helmet’s annunciator would allow. “However, many of them aren’t viable.”

He made a dismissive gesture with a gauntleted hand.

“It’s likely that they’ve got snipers, or spotters seeded throughout the upper levels - making any direct approach impossible without being spotted as soon as we reach a possible insertion point.” There was a pause, as the Commando’s visor thoughtfully shifted back towards the flickering tower.

The man found himself drawing blanks - as every possible scenario, he could think of resulted in failure. Sure, they could spear into the facility and swiftly eliminate the hostiles before they’d realize what happened, but that was an operation that’d never be sanctioned. It was too risky for all parties and held massive political ramifications if it failed. So, that idea was scrapped and the man went back to the drawing board.

Any approach by air likely spelled death for the hostages, even if they commandeered a local transport to disguise their intent. Hell, if they charged in the front door - there was a possibility that they’d be forced to deal with wired explosives which could, and likely would collapse the tower - killing not only the hostages but anyone within the radius of the crumbling debris.

Again, that was another unacceptable avenue.

Then, as the image shifted - drawing back to offer a better view of the tower and its surroundings - the Commando saw something that caught his eyes. He tilted his helmet back towards the green-skinned woman and gestured towards the holoprojector whilst he spoke.

“From what I can see," Gideon continued. "There’s a possible access route through a nearby junction. With all that construction equipment littered about the site, I think it’s safe to assume that the locals were doing sub-surface repairs. If we get lucky, those repairs could be dealing with sewage maintenance tunnels that’d likely connect to the tower proper. If not? There’s likely an access point nearby that we could exploit.”

“It’d get us close to the tower without being seen.” Hatchet - one of Gideon’s nearby Commandos - chimed in. “Well, provided they didn’t seed the subterranean tunnels with sensor spikes, or other nasties.”

Gala Geert Gala Geert // Gideon Raith // Ryv Ryv // Raona Cadera Raona Cadera

The droid had hoped they'd seen the last of the Vulptereen-born terrorist movement. It had been a long game of cat & mouse ever since their first encounter with the Nationalist Front on their homeworld, nearly two years ago now. They were a violent and xenophobic group, and the first true threat the Imperium had ever faced in their early expansion. Now it would seem that the violent cause had not been defeated on Anaxes; only fallen quiet, biding its time until the Alliance's attention had moved elsewhere.

Dak observes the construction zone in more detail once the familiar commando points it out. If they could manage it, a subterranean access route would be a smart approach. Although it was entirely possible the Vulptereen were prepared for it, it was at least less likely than the guaranteed resistance they'd meet through any of the other means mentioned.

Stepping forward, he offers a nod in agreement to the suggestion. "
If we can land aboard a civilian vessel we may very well be able to avoid detection long enough to get into these tunnels," his receptors scan the streets around the site until they find a relatively inconspicuous area.

"
Here," he extends his arm and points toward a private parking lot in the courtyard of a building complex just outside of the construction area, causing the hologram to flicker for a moment "if we touch down in this lot we can quickly dispatch, breach the perimeter fencing and enter. All under moderate cover from the street. Civilians will certainly notice our arrival, but it is better than entering through the main gate."

He takes a step back, looking between the others at the display to await their opinions.

The demands were ridiculous and she knew that none of them were even thinking about complying with them. But with her question answered she began to take more and more of a backseat. Giving her blessing on an assault, she stepped back and let the tacticians and Jedi go at it. This was not her arena, despite her sometimes fiery attitude. She was not like the senators of legend such as Leia Organa-Solo or Corellia's own Senator Garm Bel Iblis and was content with watching the things she helped put in motion unfold.

The senator shrugged, wincing from the motion. There wasn't much else they could do. But even if they got out of their binding what then? They were still locked away regardless of if they were bound or not. He wished could just kill the man and escape on his own. Alas by now both nations were probably mobilized and either launching plans now or yet still preparing. If that were the case he wondered if their best chance was to just stay locked up. Maybe though, the pair being unbound would be reason enough for the insurgents to open the doors and spell their own demise. They had caught him off-guard last time. This time they would not be so lucky.

"Fine," he said after mulling it over. "Let's get out of this. My shoulder is starting to cramp up."

Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Ryv looked over the group for a moment, considering their plan of action. He worked in intelligence for the Imperium, which meant a lot of sneaking around and talking to people. His time with the Order put him in a lot of dangerous situations, but rarely was he expected to plan out assaults such as this one. Fortunately, Tristan's words centered the Jedi Knight. He turned his attention to the Admiral and nodded.

"Thank you for that, Admiral. I haven't had the opportunity to learn much about you, but I'm sure this operation here will change that," the kiffar grinned at the officer before turning to look towards Dak as he spoke. Having not heard Gideon or Gala's conversation further away, the droid's interjection only widened the grin on Ryv's face. "Not a bad idea," he stepped towards the projection and began tapping away at the holopad situated on the table. "Cedric mentioned meeting at the Viper HQ awhile back. I think," his fingers hastily worked the small device. "Ah, here we are!" he motioned towards the projection as it increased in size and seemed to zoom out as the surrounding structures, and portions of the underground tunnels manifested before them. "Cedric is meticulous when it comes to this sorta thing. He'd never let anyone walk into a trap. One of the few things I managed to pick up from him before, uh, yeah," he went silent as he studied the tunnels. With their forces making their way up to the building, they'd need a suitable distraction.

"Who do we have on hand that we can put onto the planet? Those bombs they set off have likely injured folks. We can use it as a cover to get people down there. Position people to follow up our infiltration teams, and once Cassius and Kaito are secured, we hit the tower and finish up this group of radicals once and for all," Ryv looked to the group, arms crossed over his chest. "For the sake of keeping Cassius and Kaito alive, we shouldn't move to jam their transmissions until you guys are ready to engage. If we play our hand too early, they might just execute them and evacuate."

Captain Climhedis stood off to the side, listening to the briefing in respectful silence. His experience came from firefights and relief efforts, not stealth-ops or large scale mission planning. While he technically stood as an officer within the Alliance's military scheme, his expertise came on the battlefield. His ability to read the ebb and flow of a battle marked him as a competent field leader, but not to the extent of the more notable names in the galaxy. The good Captain expected to see use in the upcoming battle, likely once Giden and Gala's forces saw themselves breaching the nationalist's position.

"If I may take this opportunity to speak, Knight Ryv," Climshedis stepped forward and pulled out his holodevice. "I have my unit's dropships utilized to bring relief to Kuat. If need be, we can deliver our men to the ground under cover of relief. My unit is prepared to aid these people while also maintaining vigil on the enemy's position. Once the enemy is aware of us, my men and I can focus on keeping the battle from spilling out to the rest of the city. However, we do not have the means of stopping any semblance of aerial assault," Climshedis looked about the room, squinting as he searched for a familiar face.

"Perhaps we can reach out to Saber-Squadron and any other pilots we have readily available. Our evac-ships will require an escort as well; I'd wager. If these terrorists are willing to blow apart their city to send us a message, I will not put it past them to try and finish the job once we have freed our targets and begin relocating the injured to local medical facilities."

Republic Engineering Republic Engineering // Ryv Ryv // Raona Cadera Raona Cadera // Mikhail Feyer // Dak Dak

At the back of the room Gala clapped her hands together, less for the sake of ceremony, more for the cause of wrapping things up. "Seems straightforward enough. Civilian ship, under the guise of helpful aids, then go underground." She shrugged, giving her shoulders a roll to release the tension that had been accumulated from standing too long. The discourse had been productive.

There was a joke in here about going down for the sake of the Admiral..or on..or something, but she couldn't quite articulate it. Nor did she really care. "I'll go on the ground. Dak'll be with me, and we'll link up with your Sigma boys." She elbowed the commander next to her. "Shall we? Let's not waste time with details, I think we've got enough of an outline to get rolling here.

And a senator's approval, no less. Bases covered."

The recent unity between the Republic and the Alliance was one he had trouble stomaching. Nationalistic fervor and unitary ideals had kept the Essonians alive for years, and that was all being done away with in lieu of more traditional liberal values, ones which Sylvanan had soured too during the fall of the homeworld and the senatorial gridlock that had caused it.

These opinions were ones he'd learned to keep quiet for fear of attracting unwanted attention from the brass. The fledgling Galactic Alliance - the direct continuation of its predecessor government being another issue with which he took umbrage - couldn't afford to let ideologues serve openly in its armed services. Wagering his career as a soldier of greater value than losing it and striking out on his own, Sylvanan was keen to just do his job and get on with it.

It didn't matter whose flag he was serving under so long as they'd burn Bastion to the ground.

The opportunity to bring a similar end to the Vulptereen Nationalist Front was equally appealing. Sylvanan sat as one of the file officers in the room, arms folded about his chest as the briefing reached its conclusion and orders were given. He wasn't much of anything special, save for a long service record that dated back before the fall, something that secured him more favor than most. Much of the Alliance's upper level military was still staffed with Essonians from the days of the Imperium, and their preferences toward their own was becoming a bit of a known problem.

It was that arguable corruption that had seen Sylvanan assigned to this rather important mission, and he was quick to embrace the role. "I'm with you." He gave Gala Geert Gala Geert a nod as he rose from his chair, the rifle that hung from his shoulder shifting as he did so. "Best to get underway."

With mission planning wrapped up, the Core Alliance and Republic officials take time to prepare themselves for the coming battle. Tension fills the air as many realize the fate of the Galactic Alliance lies within the hands of those gathered. Will the Republic and Alliance be able to stand together and overcome the threat the radicals pose to their officials? Will Kaito Kiyoshi and Cassius Callaesar escape to see another day? For some, uncertainty plagues their final moments leading up to action. A death of either the High Admiral or Corellian Senator would see an end to further negotiations between both parties. To others, the battle-hardened and seasoned alike, they know the odds. With darkness encroaching on the Core, our heroes cannot fail.

zmAYHAV.png

Vulpter
Approaching Hpaq

"We're approaching drop point sigma," the pilot announced as he looked over his shoulder to those gathered. Both Republic and Alliance special forces graced his ship. "ETA two minutes, best finish up any last-minute prep time, boys," Hawk took hold of the controls and veered the dropship left, avoiding the speeder lanes before correcting his path once more. The distance between the vacant lot grew shorter with each passing second. His part in the plan was simple in comparison to the men and women behind him. Dropping off the big boys before heading out to bring relief to the populace of Vulpter? Child's play. He couldn't imagine having to pierce a heavily fortified structure such as the Viper Security Headquarters, let alone with the added stress of their superior's lives on the line.
The dropship slowly lowered to the ground below, coming to a halt with a small thud that rocked the vessel. Hawk turned back and offered a thumbs up to his passengers.
"Alright, you're a go. Good luck out there and bring our boys home."
All across the city, a dozen other dropships set down carrying those meant to bring relief to the injured of the Hpaq. Simultaneously, Captain Climshedis and his men take up strategic positioning surrounding the terrorist cell's defense point, preparing for the upcoming battle once the Admiral and Senator are found and brought to safety.
"Captain Climshedis reporting. Our men are in position and ready to protect the citizens. Ryv, what is the status of our Jedi allies?"
Elsewhere, the gathered Jedi waited patiently atop an adjacent structure. Though the towering Viper building dwarfed their perch, they remained momentarily out of sight.
"This is Ryv. We're on the scene and ready to go, boss. What are our orders?" the kiffar pulled out his electrobinoculars, peering down to track a pair of vulptureen's lazy patrol routes.
"Standby and do not engage until the assets are acquired," Captain Climshedis answered quickly. He knew the kiffar's reputation, hell, he'd seen him in action a few times. The Jedi Knight had taken after the former Imperator in too many ways to count. "Saber Squadron, are you in position offer air support if necessary?"
Stealthy Boys: Republic Engineering Republic Engineering | Gala Geert Gala Geert | P Placeholder 018
Damsels in Distress: Maou Maou | Cassius Callaesar Cassius Callaesar
Air Support: Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Steve Holt Steve Holt
The Jedi Order: Ryv Ryv | Amos Orno
Open to all High Republic and Core Alliance writers interested!

Last edited:
Ship: sf-58-thunderbird-class-star-fighter
Objective: Air support when needed.
Known Relevant Allies Spirit of Hope Spirit of Hope , Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt , Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

Steve shut his eyes for a moment feeling the machinery of the ship as it started up more fully. He was no force sensitive, but sometimes he just felt right with technology. The way he imagined those jedi did with their lightsabers. He set his ship out with the others joining them in preperation above the target location and allied forces. He breathed in carefully, his cybernetic arm preforming a great deal of the ships functions before returning to the ready position. It was faster than his organic and far more flexible, which let him have far more freedom with it when needed in a ship like this. And meant he could preform actions more efficiently than if it were normal. Sometimes he recognized the weaknesses of having to rely on cybernetics, but times like this...man was he grateful.

He heard the call for if they were prepared, "This is Steven Holt of Saber Squadron. I'm ready and waiting." he responded quickly through the comms before leaning backwards again idling as they waited. He didn't know what they might be facing, but he wasn't going to let himself get either over-worked up, nor let himself fall into that false sense of security some people have when they're surrounded by a big metal rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom