Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Valdera

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/mandalorian92/worldgen_zpsppbubqi9.gif~original

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/mandalorian92/worldgen%202_zpsmyte60ue.gif~original

[SIZE=10pt]Name[/SIZE]: Valdera
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Region[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]:[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Unknown Regions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]System[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Sorves[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Suns[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 1, Pera, Yellow Star[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Orbital Position[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Habitable zone, second planet closest [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Moons[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 1, Xanda[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]System Features:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] This system holds two other planets. There is a nebula within the system that makes communication difficult, if not impossible, to Valdera.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Coordinates:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Located in the intersecting lines East of Miasma and south of Thexoll[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Rotational Period[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 28 hours [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Orbital Period[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 407 days
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Class[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Terrestrial[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Atmosphere[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Climate:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Temperate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Gravity[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Standard[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Primary Terrain:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Grasslands, Mountains, Oceans, Murky Swamps, Forests[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Native Species:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] No native sentient species discovered[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Immigrated Species[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Human[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Primary Languages[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Galactic basic [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Government[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Emergency Military Government[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Population[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: 3.5 billion[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Demonym[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Valderan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Major Imports[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Major Exports:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Affiliation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]: Independent[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Major Locations:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Nereon (Capital City)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Culture: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Depending on which region of the planet you are on, you will encounter different customs and cultures that have developed even before the colonization of the planet. Drifting in space for so many years, inhabitants of each ship slowly formed their own traditions. Those who have chosen to remain denizens of the hive fleet have continue the tradition of filling in vital roles in service and care for the ship and its people. Their day by day traditions reflect this, and every person is expected to perform his or her duty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Technology:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Technology is only a few decades behind the rest of the galaxy. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]History: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Valdera is a terrestrial world colonized by Home Fleet, a self sustaining migrant fleet. [/SIZE]Valderans were originally from a collection of worlds, though most from Balmorra, who joined in a mass exodus during the height of the Gulag Plague to the Unknown regions. After 160 years of wandering space, the fleet finally found a system that did not appear in any records and had a habitable planet. A vote among leaders of every ship was taken and it was agreed that the time to resettle a planet had come. After colonizing the planet, a policy of isolation was decreed for fear of the Gulag virus. No ship was allowed to leave the system and long range communication outside of the nebula was considered treason and punishable by death. As time passed local colonies became cities, then city-states. During these two centuries of expansion there was little violence between the city-states. By 734 ABY large countries emerged as the population continue to explode. Although Fleet Command was still the ultimate governing body, it was becoming harder to control the much larger and expansive countries. In 747 ABY war broke out between the Vex and the Forsai, two of the most dominant factions on the plane. The war lasted for six years and forced the Home Fleet to intervene and restore order on the planet. Both sides were forced into signing unfavorable treaties with the fleet, beginning in a long resentment of what they saw as an increasingly controlling, foreign rule. In 839 ABY the growing resentment turned into open hostility as the two self proclaimed sovereign kingdoms openly rebelled. After three long years of war, the Fleet's military forces and its allies on planet finally put an end to the rebellion. Restructuring itself, Fleet Command and its various branches became an Emergency Military Government. In 844 ABY riots broke out all across Valdera as citizens inexplicably vanished. Though many blamed the disappearances on a secret government project for civilian pacification, a religious faction known as the Vorzan claimed it to be a sign of the gods that a new era of civilization was imminent, and grew in power and influence. Three months after the event tensions began to simmer down with the recent contact from an explorer ship has shocked most Valderans as they learned that the Galactic community was actually thriving. Fleet Command has since put all forces on high alert in preparation for what may be an inevitable encounter with a hostile empire. The Vorzan have taken the contact better than most, seeing the contact as the next sign in reaching their divine gods.

[SIZE=10pt]Notable PCs:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Joriven Cov'yt, Nivian Dorne[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] To give my characters a more unique backstory. It is also a tool I will use in roleplaying in terms of alliances and galactic war.[/SIZE]

[member="Joriven"]

So I don't see much wrong with this, although could you possibly mention how the planet dealt with the Netherworld event? As it effected every world when people disappeared, I would imagine this world would also have people vanished and things would have gone into even more of a high alert

[member="Joriven"]

Alright! I'll be working with you to get this accepted! Shall we?

Joriven said:
Native Species: No native sentient species discovered
You can also put non-sentient species here as well. Not a need, but simple an idea. Plants and the like don't require a submission, but if they are reported they will.

Joriven said:
Technology: Technology is only a few decades behind the rest of the galaxy.
In the Star Wars universe, technology of a few decades ago is still hyperdrive capable. I'd ask that you just bring this to galaxy standard. I understand that your planet has been locked shut for a while. Did they forget the science behind some of the advanced technology that's standard across the galaxy?

My critiques are mostly just suggestions, as this is a good submission as is! However, because this is a submission to flesh out a character's backstory, I just want to make sure that you don't want to add more to this. If not, I'm more than ready to approve this!

[member="Lorelei Darke"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Unfortunately, I'm going to ask for this to be archived again. Please PM the Codex Admin or RPJ to have it retrieved. Once again, apologies that your submission was unattended for so long.

Pending archival.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Lorelei Darke"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom