Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Valborg Notte | The Confederacy

Greyhide

G
FHSocial-Gala.png
Wearing: X
Interacting With: Fury of Aerðs Fury of Aerðs

It was his feral hind-brain that had been tugged on (and it did tug in other directions in this place, as well); observing her small adjustments, the ease of her posture, her features brought confirmation of her heritage that, at least in part, rang in his psyche. The many sojourns to Obroa-Skai in his youth endowed him with a vast and somewhat particular, if not peculiar swath of knowledge to recognise, know, and should the circumstances require it, part a soul from its body. There had been scant contact for a number of years with those like him in base measures, outside of those he called his own, and... certain canids.

"Hm," he softly grunted, with slight tip of his glass, a sort of agreement about the wine, even if they weren't consuming the same varietal, "and I'm certain you've had worse."

Lucianus took a much smaller draw, a sociable amount, having no intention of getting soused in public; not that he tended to do so in private, but the consumption of libations was more liberal in pace. Her statement around his presence was, to him, a statement of the obvious, but the lack of threat or warning in her tone aligned with her neophyte power, despite the sense of a lingering something else that he couldn't pinpoint.

"Only a curiosity," he replied slowly, his tone implying that he took mild exception to having his motives questioned, "however, my charge..."

He glanced sidelong to where the flame-maned heiress in the fur coat stood, lingering there a faint moment, before re-settling his gaze on the dark haired young woman, who appeared to be around the same age.

"...had considerable interest in the festivities."

The last time he had been close to this particular kind of confederation, its predecessor had been an ally. This time he lived in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FHSocial-Gala.png

Wearing: xxx & xxx | Crihde Gras | Wedding Band
Tags: Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

Though his face remained neutral Faye did not need an outward reaction to know what Alden was thinking. For Faye, Adron would always be her elder brother. They had fought in the way siblings do since the day she was born. Granted, after their reunion their relationship changed dramatically, but this was just another fight. He would forgive her, in time. But there was no telling what would become of the relationship Alden and Adron once had. The very fact that the cause of their destroyed connection was her feelings for Alden, and his for her, didn’t make it any easier. She still felt an overwhelming sense of guilt for it.

Still, through it all, Alden managed to be as gracious as ever. “Very well said.” She closed her eyes to the tender kiss he placed on her forehead. Adron would likely find them, in time. Ale had mentioned a trip around Valborg first, there was no need to chase after them and interrupt their time together as family. Faye stepped back, wrapping her hand around Alden’s and giving it a gentle tug toward the area cleared for dancing. “Come and dance with me.”

Instead of opting for the centre of the slowly twirling crowd, which was her usual preference, Faye stopped just short of the edge. The music was loud enough to be heard, but soft enough not to drown their voices out.

Faye softened her face and allowed her brows to furrow in the center, just enough so that the beginnings of fine creases formed between them. “Something has been troubling you.” She spoke as the harmonious sound of the next song flitted across the square. Alden was well aware by now that it was almost impossible to hide something from Faye. Any fluctuation in his mood was announced like a raging fanfare, doubly so now, thanks to the beautiful rings that encircled their fingers. “I felt it on the ship. And then again, just now.” A soft smile turned the corners of her lips up as she lifted both of his hands, settling one on the curve of her waist. The other, she cupped in her hand and drew it close to her face. As the music swelled, Faye swayed, content to cast aside the official moves of the dance everyone else performed. Content to remain close to him.

“I thought it was just tension. We’ve been so busy lately. Royal responsibilities added on to an ever growing pile of Confederate duties, and that isn’t even including the new initiative and the inquisition and...” She paused to grin, acknowledging that it was ludicrous they had even found time to attend tonight. But then, Faye lowered her raven gaze from Alden’s face to the thin white stripes on his tie. “But I don’t think it’s that. I’m exceedingly familiar with that kind of tension. This feels different-...” She cut herself off. She could hear it. Her whole speech had sounded rather probing, but she was merely trying to explain how she had come to the conclusion that something was bothering him. It was an irritatingly earned, hard to forget trait from spending her days battling with politicians. “Sorry.” Her eyes closed briefly as she shook her head, enough to disturb the coal black curls draped over her shoulders.

When she looked up at him again, she did so with a softer smile. She took a step closer, so that the prosthetic fingers resting on her waist slid to the small of her back. Her free hand rose to run through his brown locks. “What's on your mind, my love?”

FHSocial-Gala.png

Wearing: this (hood up)
Tags: Aadya Volke Aadya Volke + Open!

Rann could die. The embarrassment he felt was astronomical and he wasn't near drunk enough yet to not care. Then, out of nowhere, a savior. Some girl he'd never met before. Granted he had never met any of these people before. She through her arm around his shoulder and he looked at her in shock and fear, hoping she wasn't there to kick him out, that'd be devastating.

”Hey you! Good to see that you're having a lot of fun!”

He looked at her, still startled, "Y...yeah."

She handed him a lollipop and he stared at her, and it, in disbelief. He took it in his hand and looked at it. Just a lollipop. Did his breath stink? It probably stank. Oh well, sure he liked sweets why not.

”Here have this, maybe some cool air outside will feel amazing! We can even catch the sight of some of those pretty lights of the spirits in the sky.”

The woman started pulling Rann, and he let her, out to the balcony. If anybodies eyes were on him before, they weren't now and he breathed a sigh of relief and, out of courteousness, popped the lollipop into his mouth. The least he could do was have not-bad-breath if this woman was going to save him from a social disaster. He usually didn't prefer having a strangers arm around his shoulders, but right now he couldn't care less. As they exited the Gala balcony doors onto the balcony, he looked at her and said a quick thank you.

”Oh sorry about my manners! My name is Aadya. Aa-Dyah, I’m new. I came to see some lights, eat some candy and enjoy the company. What's your name?”
Who was this girl? Her eyes were striking, her attitude almost infectious. Almost, but Rann was still too embarrassed to embrace it.

"Nice to meet you, Aa-Dyah. I'm Rann. Raaaaann." he said, playfully mocking her. "I'm also new. I also came to see the lights, and didn't plan on eating candy," he said, pulling the lollipop from his mouth, "or enjoying company. But you've seemed to turn my night around. And you saved me from a very embarrassing situation. Thanks again for that."

The arm was starting to get just a little bit uncomfortable now, and Rann gently removed it, straightening. Where was his drink-oh. Oh yeah. He sighed. Probably for the best. This cool air was nice, and the lights were beautiful even down here. He stared at them again, sobering up from whatever drunkeness had gripped him before.

He would need to go apologize eventually for making an ass out of himself. He swore that blind man ( Kyyrk Kyyrk ) stared right at him. He shook his head, he'd have to apologize to that man especially.

"Why'd you come to my rescue? Not that I'm not grateful, I am, I'm just curious. Is there anyway I can repay you?"
He owed this woman a lot. Death by social embarrassment was avoided, and it was thanks to her.

FHSocial-Tour.png

Attire: [This] over [This]
Tags: | Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red | Open |

--------------------------------------------

While being approached was not something that Eenia had exactly expected, it wasn't something she had completely written off as impossible either. There were a plethora of people littered about, there was a celebration going on, so the chance of encounters were not exactly high, but entirely possible. However, the way she had been approached by this new stranger had the blonde stopping short in her window gazing entirely.

Nia's brow creased so that it nearly met in the middle, and her body shifted so that she was stood half facing this stranger and still half facing the window she had been gazing within. "Excuse me?" she quipped right back, though by no means sounded rude about it. The question seemed genuine enough she supposed, and the following explanation - sort of explanation - helped to shed some light on the situation as well.

"Oh," once again Nia shifted, this time to better face the window display and she lift a hand to make a vague sort of gesture within. "Well, I'm window shopping," she started her explanation carefully. "Sort of just browsing what all is inside the shops before I make a decision on any one purchase. I want to make sure I find something that I really want to have before I spend the credits that I have. This way, I keep from overspending - or worse, buying something, then finding later on that there was something I would have wanted more."

Again she gave pause, and then frowned just a little as she seemed to consider how all of that must sound. "In hindsight, it does seem a little silly." she admitted. "But, it also gives me plenty to do since I'm here on my own." Once more she half turned to face this new stranger. "And I'm Eenia." she offered in returned introduction, and even managed at least a soft smile to go with it.

Aaralyn Rekali

A
The Violet Reach - Netherworld

21:53 Local Time, Dathomir

There was a stir in the Force as Aaralyn pondered beneath the lush, chalky tree. A hand idly glided along the blades of violet grass, humming to herself as she watched the horizon for any sign of her visitor. A frown creased her lips as she rose slowly to her full height and began to stride through the purple meadows towards the chasm that separated the Reach from other places in the Netherworld. Another stir occurred, causing her to pause momentarily and gaze behind her as if something was telling her not to proceed - to stay behind and wait for him to arrive. Was it really about him? It was a question she hadn't been able to find an answer to and one she had spent years wondering the Reach in an attempt to find answers. Aaralyn had pushed the boundaries of the physical reality around her, and she tried to search the darkest wells of the Force to gain the knowledge of why she was really here. A sacrifice had been made years prior, of her own physical form in order to save others - one that not only required the greatest of courage, but strength. She could feel the remnants of the Rekali family, how scattered and lost they were. She felt her own flesh and blood in each trial and tribulation they endured. The pain, the loss, the love - it coursed through her as the stars faded in the skies of the Violet Reach. She could feel her connection to the Netherworld waning, a swirl of chaos and energy that was depleting.

And she had no answer for it....

The stir was a sign, perhaps. An indication that called her to the edges of her reality, and as she took each step towards the abyss - there was a gravitational pull against her frame. One which begged her to stay where she was - no, it demanded she stay. She could feel her legs begin to slow with each stride, and gain weight to them that felt beyond the physical. An ethereal presence that slowly crawled up the limbs of her lower body, tethering her to the ground despite her best efforts. Every step decreased despite her best efforts, every manifestation of forward momentum turned into a weighted task. Aaralyn grunted, and strained against the glowing tentacles which trickled up her legs. Aaralyn grimaced and glared at the dark gorge and beyond, focusing on her goal and intent.

One step....two step...

The tendrils of glowing dark would quickly ensnare her arms, lacing them about her flesh as they attempted to bind her to the roots of the Violet Reach - to the core of the Netherworld. Aaralyn groaned and pressed her body against the weight of the tendrils, a sigh pressing forth from her lips. Her violet gaze raised up to the skies, vision blurred by the tears that brimmed at the edges of her eyes. Where was he? Wasn't he supposed to rescue her from the depths of this hell? No, she had been interned here - meant to be the protector of this reality. Or so she was led to believe.

The stir in the Force returned, stronger this time. A sense of longing and despair, a love lost due to the onslaught of war. Her metaphysical presence reached out, touching it - and as she did, a ripple of energy surged from her being, sending shockwaves through the Violet Reach. She could feel the despair of her family through the Force, her husband and his undying love and devotion for who she was. The reasons not to remain became apparent, the answer to the question that burned through her mind for what seemed like an eternity - she was not meant to be here, not anymore.

Aaralyn pulled against the bonds that held her, gaining momentum again. She surged forward, screaming as loud as her lungs would permit. She called to the Force, opening herself willingly to the pools of Light that swirled around her ethereal presence. Aaralyn absorbed them, drank them in - relishing in the delight that was peace...and she would yank her body forward with a blood curling scream. The tendrils that bound her to the world would crack and break against the onslaught that was the Sword of the Jedi, the Wraith of Dathomir - and the surge of energy that detonated from her existence would tear the fabric of time, space and reality....

Vandor

Halfway up the mountain...

???? Local Time

FHSocial-Gaze.png

A ripple would emit from the Force, one so powerful it would gain the attention of even the slightest Force sensitive individuals. A ripple that would turn into a wave, and then a tear - a tear that would cause pain, but only briefly. A stream of energy would fluctuate and explode forth, the very fabric of reality would distort in a sphere behind Falcon Rekali - a chaotic light show of purple and white - the sound of the energies clashing were almost deafening, debilitating even. A flare of white light would emanate from the center - nearly blinding those who would observe. A figure, darkened by shadow would appear - collapsed against the snowy terrain. The energy and light would dissipate as fast as it came, leaving behind a small crater with a figure in it's center. Wisps of steam and smoke would rise into the air, leaving those of curious mind to investigate what was all that about and what had emerged from the beyond.

However, anyone who felt the presence before would know...

Aaralyn Rekali had returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tag: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern | Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi
Objective: Gaze to Gala
Thoughts: "All you need is love...And a fleet the size of which the galaxy has never seen."

motionpurp.png

“They’re in love.”

It was a strangely intuitive comment from a woman who prided herself on practical things. She favored numbers, math, because it did not lie. Flighty sentiments often caused her to roll her eyes or simply stay above it all, but, that viewpoint was impossible to maintain with the child pressed into her side. In the sled that pulled them through the wintry wonderland she had come to accept certain singular truths. Her affection for Adron had always been powerful. It was more than that. He made her weak. Made her strong. Made her better.

She had thought feelings of warmth and attachment to be innate. Affection, desire, and fondness all rolled together in a simple package. That was love. When Aries was born her priorities had shifted. She loved Adron as he loved her. But the combined love they shared for their son?

It eclipsed.

The combined family unit was like nothing she had ever known. It was likely the only reason she hadn’t fallen to pieces after Mishel Kryze had sacrificed herself in Atrisia. She loved her sister. Alessandra couldn’t help it. No matter how unrefined she was, no matter how crass, the loss of her left her feeling as if she wasn’t quite whole.

Sometimes—She could still hear her. Oh, Mishel.

Clearing her mind of thoughts that would likely worry her husband her shoulders tightened and squared. Instead, she focused on his issues. The situation with Faye and Alden didn’t need to be so dire. Adron expected many things. He wanted the best for a sibling that he had once thought lost. He wanted to have the world. The universe. It was a classic sister-complex. Most elder brothers detested meeting those whom would sweep their younger sister off their feet.

Her beloved simply needed to grow accustomed to the new reality.

“Perspective, my love. You nearly ripped apart the Fortressa when I denied your hand the first time. You didn't have a Kingdom to present to me then. I loved you regardless. Doesn’t the High Marshal deserve a chance to prove his worth? To show that he does indeed worship the ground she walks on? If he can protect, defend, and provide—”, Alessandra paused, briefly, while Aries began to stir. He mumbled something unintelligible in his sleep that caused rouge lips to quirk upward. “—If he can bring her what you bring me…Isn’t that worth giving him a chance?”

Yes. There was always a possibility that the High Marshal could break the heart of their cherished Princess. It was equally true, that should the heart of Faye Malvern Faye Malvern break, they would return the favor by breaking the legs of one Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi . RIP, the High Marshal. Alessandra paused and glanced down at Aries to ensure he was still sleeping. Once satisfied, she continued. “If it soothes you, dearest King, I do know of a spell to tear the still-beating heart from a man’s chest. It doesn’t kill them. Instead, you have a puppet doomed to obey because you could…Literally, crush their heart, in your hand. If you're polite....I'll show you.”

The Confederacy did not advocate for slavery in any sense, yet, Alessandra had been born to an imperial and privileged society. Cutthroat. To literally hold the life of an adversary in hand? To force them, to bend them, simply out of their own desire to survive? That was a quiet evening by the fire.

It seemed that her inexplicable worry for their son touched on a sore spot.

Alessandra didn’t know the truth of it. No more than Adron knew her truth. She knew that without Mishel’s intervention on Atrisia, in this moment, he would have been a widower. Aries would have been mother-less. Dark eyes watched while the gears spun in her husband’s head. The rough exterior seemed to melt whilst he evaluated their child. His words were poignant.

Nothing, would take them from her.

What about something that took her from them?

Rather than to comment further she only smiled at the touch to her cheek. The subtle pieces of intimacy he offered soothed the gnawing fear in the pit of her stomach. She believed, were he present, that Adron would protect his family. She knew he would try and keep them safe. He pulled away and she sighed softly. Warmth, lost. “Agreed. Aries has missed her dearly. They should not spend so much time apart.”

The end of the trail came sooner than she would have thought. The Queen of Illyria was dressed in her usual fare despite the cold. Tapas kept her from freezing to death along with a layered cloak. It was likely the reason Aries kept curling into her so much, though, she wouldn’t complain. She liked when he was near. Even with the Force she could feel the bitter wind nip just a little through gossamer fabric. It would be good to get inside. Have something warm at the Gala and ensure that Aries ate more than flavored snow cones. The wind tossed dark, waving hair and she slowly slid from beneath Aries.

“I’m betting they’re at the ball. It seems like something Faye would enjoy.”

She held Aries out to Adron and the youngling immediately wrapped his arms around his fathers’ neck and continued to snooze. Honestly, he could sleep through an earthquake. Alessandra wrapped her arm through Adron’s and the trio made their way to the lighted, decorated building.

FHSocial-Tour.png

Tag: Alora Fae
Rylan couldn't help but crack a grin at Alora accusing him of trying to flatter her, she wasn't really wrong, but it was also his honest opinion. At her talking of his own appearance, he made a bit of a face, as formal wear was not one of the things he really cared for, but at her comment of him in nothing he smirked a little "There'll be plenty of time for a lack of attire later, I assure you." he followed the comment with a wink and a playful growl.

As they walked and talked, he was glad she approved of his plan, since it wouldn't be a long walk to the restaurant, her comment about the drinks and remembering he smiled and nodded, "The day you decided to save me from a path of self-destruction? How could I ever forget?" the time from that day to this one was a blur, but he could never forget that day, fully embracing his potential, and meeting the first person who really understood him for the first time in a lifetime. "I think I still have that helmet and bottle hanging out in a storage crate somewhere, we should put them up for display in the apartment one day." he grinned a little, reflecting on how she made him feel, his hand gesturing a sign of thanks, followed by admiration.

Zahra Arcturus

Z
HoUM34t.png

Wearing: xxx
Tags: Taramaz Arcturus

“Really?” She mused, not entirely focusing on the words that flowed from her lips. Instead she swept his blonde locks from his face, finger tips barely grazing the skin on his face as she moved to fuss with the muted black robes hidden beneath tarnished silver decor. He was still as handsome as the day she’d met him, and still just as willing to satisfy her desires. “After the first thousand years or so everything just… Blurs into one.”

Zahra grinned at his next words, swatting his chest lightly with the flat of her palm. “You would remember that part. Typical man.” She draped her arms over his shoulders, content to let his mastery of the force carry them over the edge of the cliff. Her usual mode of transport was flight, so the height didn’t bother her, but it normally wasn’t an issue. She flew through realms unknown to mortal sight or touch. She rarely ever flew over the man-made structures of a city, or the deep green blanket of a forest. In short, she had never stopped to view the beauty of mother nature mixed with mortal hands.

Zahra cast her gaze down to the city below. All the people looked like ants, moving slowly and purposefully through a crowd of bright colours. The further they floated into the sky, the deeper a shade of green their pale skin grew. Her milk-white moonlight gaze trailed from the people below, across the bright leaf green lights dancing across her skin, all the way up to her husband’s face.

“I still have that memory, you know.” She cooed as she trailed one of her sharp nails along the chiselled line of his jaw. “It’s the only one of my favourite memories that doesn’t end in bloodshed.” The whites of her teeth flashed as she grinned at him, as though the notion of her owning a memory or a dream that wasn’t horrific was truly laughable. When her expression fell back to neutral, she smoothed her fingers over the creases in his robes. “I kept it somewhere safe, where nobody would ever find it.”

Her fingertips tapped lightly against his chest, making a barely audible drumming sound. “Can you guess where?”

Acantha Malvern

L ᵢ ₜ t ₗ ₑ B ₗ ₐ c ₖ b ᵢ ᵣ d
FHSocial-Gala.png

Tags: Kyyrk Kyyrk

There was no denying she felt a little relief at the Lord Commander’s admittance that he too hated his birth name. He spoke of deserving, but Fela had never been one to think you had to be worthy of a name. Some people suited their names, and some did not. Those who did not were often the ones to work the hardest to make it fit them, unless they were like Fela and willingly refused to acknowledge it.

No matter, Voph moved quickly on to the next subject, only confirming the reason why Fela had said she rarely listened to rumours. They were all, most often than not, fanciful lies.

There it was… the dreaded why.

For the longest of times, nobody had ever taken an interest in Fela. During her years served at her previous master’s side, all she was was an asset. Someone to be used and abused when the task could not be done by those unfortunate enough not to know the nature of the force. She had grown accustomed to being left to do things on her own, and she had grown accustomed to silence. With silence, came privacy. With privacy, came peace. At least for her.

She said nothing, and for once her face remained largely straight. How would she answer a question like that? Fela wasn’t normally in the business of sharing her thoughts, or her reasons for doing anything. She had never needed to before. An unforgiving, but not intentional, gaze settled on the stretched black fabric over Voph’s face. Would he know if she lied? If she told him what she thought he wanted to hear? Her eyes narrowed imperceptibly as the silence between them stretched on, but in the end she decided she wouldn’t make a liar of herself. Even if Voph couldn’t tell that she had lied, her word was important. She wouldn’t deface it like that.

“If you intended for me to answer with a personal reason as to why, then I can only respond with this. I am already the after. My previous Master was… removed from this plain of existence when the previous Exarch, Alkor Centaris, demolished his slave ring.” Fela shuffled uneasily on the heel of her boots. This was already the most she had ever spoke to someone that wasn’t that stupid droid cat. She couldn’t quite grasp while people put themselves through it so often. “His knowledge was vast and terrible too, but he wasn’t nearly as willing to share it. I learned enough to be an effective bodyguard, but that was where it stopped.”

She wasn’t sure if she was making any sense, she hoped the Lord Commander was still moderately interested. “When Alkor brought me to the Confederacy, I thought I would want to distance myself from it all, but the long I spent sat doing nothing the more I wished I could turn back.” Fela straightened herself up a little. After divulging a small glimpse of her history, it was time to provide him a proper answer. “I could have asked my uncle, or Alkor, or my Grandfather to take up the mantle, but none of them can provide me the challenge I’m seeking. I’ve read the public logs on your missions, I’ve read what little there is on you in the Confederate database... “ She paused, only to grab his attention once again if he had strayed from listening. “You know what I want to know, you have the power I strive for, you are the most likely to teach me in ways I will understand. And I’m the most willing and dedicated student you will ever find.”

us9Q1NV.jpg

G A L A

Voph chuckled to himself as the girl asked for his teaching. She claimed to have studied his career with the Confederacy and based her decision to learn from him on this fact alone. "The Confederacy's records are inaccurate." Voph took another drink, this time tilting the glass back far enough to empty it, and the device was pawned off to the nearest passing waiter. "Accurate enough for our purposes, but they do not tell the whole story. They do not know the whole story."
"Centaris was a man I had respected. I was honored to serve on the Obsidian Council as his equal, and proud to serve under him when he was an Exarch. And I hope that he may return to our fold. If he was the reason you stand amongst our own, that alone speaks volumes to the ability he saw in you." Voph paused for a moment, brow furrowed as he looked at the girl before him. "Very well, then. If it is knowledge you seek, it is knowledge you shall find. But do not say I did not warn you. The knowledge I possess carries with it a burden and responsibility. Even for a Knight of Obsidian, once you begin down this path, there will be no turning back..."
bHZYQG.png

Áine

Á

blood2.png

G A L A

Tag: Kerstan Blackmoore | Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

It was as though reality had peeled away, leaving nothing behind but a midnight black background and a single spotlight casting its bright white glow upon Kerstan and Aine. This was how it always should have been. Her in his arms. Them against the galaxy. She rested her head against his shoulder, content to close her eyes to the distraction of the gala. Content to simply enjoy his company. A thin hint of a smile formed on her face when he asked his question. “Of course I kept it. I think it’s still in the wardrobe back on Yavin.”
When she pulled away to look at him there was a glimmer of something in her eye. “You’ll have to take me somewhere I can wear it again.” As her gaze came to rest on his face, she realised there was something drawing his attention away. It wasn’t until he spoke again that she realised what it was.
She lifted a flame red brow in response. Kerstan had always mentioned his family in passing, but Aine had never had the opportunity to meet one of them, never mind one with such a close connection. “Your uncle? Do you think he’s come to visit you?” Aine gazed at her creator, with the mind to attempt to work out what he was thinking, but he was as mysterious as the day she’d stepped out from the pod. “You hardly ever talk of your family.” She had no logical reason why he would, but that was likely due to his lack of will to discuss the subject. “You will introduce me to him, won’t you?”
She used the voice she knew he couldn’t resist. The sweet, birdlike coo of the innocent, unaware woman that he had guided across the cold lab floor.
Aine smirked suddenly, and tilted her head a little. “It appears we both have surprise guests attending tonight.” Her gaze drifted to another slender red haired woman, standing not too far away from where they danced. “My new apprentice.” When she turned to look back at Kerstan, she had a wicked grin on her face. “I gave her the same test you first gave me, do you remember? The sphere of ice that you made me keep on the nightstand for a year.” He would recall it, much like Aine, Kerstan never forgot. Still, it was rare they had a chance to reminisce.
“She’s been doing well so far…but I haven’t truly tested her yet.” Aine stepped closer to Kerstan as they twirled elegantly to the melodic notes flitting from the band. “What do you say we give her a real challenge?” Her tempting tone whispered into his ear.

Aine-Bottom.jpg

Astrid Skovgaard

A
TyraTest.png

G A Z E

Redd Redd | Torgeir Skovgaard

Redd tensed. For a moment, Astrid was sure she had done something wrong, but she continued on with the hug. It would have only been awkward if she pulled away now. When the two packmates finally broke their embrace, Astrid made the safe assumption that Redd was nervous because of her brother. They’d yet to be introduced, Torgeir taking a more backline approach to their decision to join the Confederacy.

“You must forgive me, for bringing an almost stranger to you.” She began quickly. “This is Torgeir, my brother. I do not know the word for it in this language, but we shared a…” Her hand flitted down to motion to the general area of her womb. There were many words she had yet to grasp in basic, she could only hope that Redd understood her meaning. “I think he is also nervous of meeting new people, but he will heat up to you, and you to him!” Astrid nodded firmly, as though she had already decided that they would both get along. Like a house on fire… If they didn’t she would just have to be the one to set the place ablaze.

Astrid beamed at her packmate. “I am grateful for you waiting, but I will make you wait no more!” The sound of Torgeir shifting was already echoing in her ears, and Redd had stepped back to remove her boots. By the time Astrid had done the same, as well as relieving herself of the only shirt she owned, Redd and Torgeir were already embracing their wolf forms. Eagerness overtook the white wolf as she started her own shift. Tufts of white fur sprouted from her skin as she collapsed forward, forming the beginnings of her paws and a snout.

Once upon a time, in the days when Astrid and Torgeir were but young pups, the shift had been painful. The wolf had wanted it more than it’s human counterpart, but now? Astrid craved it as much as the beast did.

Where there once stood a woman, there was now a wolf, with fur as white as snow. The only thing that remained the same in the woman and the wolf were the violent pink shade of their eyes. The wolf craned its head up toward the lights dancing across the sky to let out a howl of sheer delight. It started off at a trot, to catch up to Redd and Torgeir, but before long it had broken out into a full scale sprint.

The wind whipped through her moonlight fur. Each paw she placed heavily into the slowly melting snow sent a cascade of chilled water upward, drenching her from claw to shoulder in four or five bounding leaps. Her sharp talons sinking into fresh earth, the bracing lungfuls of icy air, the sound of her pack panting heavily as they ran beside her…

This was true freedom.

Torgeir Skovgaard

T

wqSUYPS.gif

4k7vnED.png
When at long last Torgeir's shadow-black paws pressed into the snow and the wolf breathed a breath so hot it seemed to melt the frost out of the air before him, he knew he was truly free. The Wolf stretched forward, leaning forward, then lowering his rear section as he walked forward. He met the crimson-furred wolf's rub with confidence and strength. His ears had perked at his twin's introduction, and a firm bark left his muzzle. A bark of disagreement.
He was not nervous, cautious around new things? Certainly, the one who is not concerned by something that could be a threat is a carefree fool. He gave a silent message to the Lightning God and Dauda Faerir that he should never be called a carefree fool over a cautious wolf. His blood-red eyes seemed to glow with anticipation as they lifted to watch Astrid as she shifted.
Her shifting resonated within him, made his heart make up for a beat that was skipped long ago, made his blood heat with a fire that once burned his body. Her shifting ensnared his body and sent it briefly back to the days where he controlled nought, and thought even less. When shifting seared them, and when the Wolf woke to bid it be done.
He shook his head, creating a light cloud of snow that had come to rest on his thick, fluffy coat of fur. He tipped his head back, releasing a howl to rival Astrid's own, then turned and walked past the White Wolf with intent to brush sides with her. He would then circle around behind her and match her speed with his own.
Once the run had begun, nothing could hold Torgeir back save the Will of the Gods. He quickly veered off to run by Redd, then up upon a hill, only to leap off and down back into the snow again, kicking up a small storm of snow behind him to cover his paw prints. He turned sharply, veering across the path the two feminine wolves had been upon when last he left, and where he assumed them to still be. He dived across a small clearing and slid himself to a stop.
Once his paws no longer pushed through the snow, he relaxed the muscles in his left legs and fell to the ground. Upon the ground he did begin to roll, covering his once black fur in the pure white of the snow, masking the foreign smell he brought with him. He then flipped himself back onto his side, then pulled himself to his paws and lifted his nose to sniff the air.
He searched not for his new 'packmates', but for prey. Bountiful prey to hunt and feast upon, prey with meat to fill his gut. The scent that the wind returned to him was a pack of Kod'yok, a native mammalian species of Vandor. Whitened paws made haste, rather than waste the opportunity of such a bountiful catch. He sped through the forest, leaping over fallen logs and dodging rocks as he approached the herd, he slowed his sprint to a stop.
The Black Hunter lowered his body to the snow, and began to stalk forward, crawling along the forest floor, slowly advancing upon the herd from behind. Once he had gotten as close as he could to the herd without alerting them, he stood and leapt to the closest Kod'yok, growling at it. As the chase began, he ran up upon the largest of the Kod'yok, the presumed leader of the pack, if not the most bountiful. One look at the huge beast caused Torgeir to lick his lips with anticipation.
He leapt forward, sharpened teeth gripping the beast's jugular, tearing open arteries as he pulled the beast down to the ground. The beast slid for near on fifteen feet, leaving a trail of blood that darkened the snow. It was still, the fall having snapped it's neck. The Black Wolf prowled closer to the Kod'yok and tilted his head back, howling to the skies to thank Gjifarinn for this bountiful catch, and to alert his hunting partners to the kill.
VduAt6H.png

Wearing: Wedding Ring | Prosthetic Arm | Semi-Formal Winter Wear
Tag(s): Faye Malvern Faye Malvern

nzwBq0H.png

Alden held Faye close as the rhythm of the music began to carry them away with its soft, flowing melodies. It was perfect in this moment, as the background just seemed to fade from existence. Simply put, it was just Alden and Faye that occupied this moment. No duties to the Confederacy. None to Eiattu IV. Just he and Faye. It was ethereal and surreal. The kind of moment he had only believed to be real within a dream. But it was real. Here. Now.

Alden was well aware of Faye’s ability to read and cling to his emotions and his thoughts, so it came as no surprise to him when she asked what it was that troubled him. What it was that weighed so heavily on his conscience. Of why his mind, until this very present moment of euphoria, linged only partially in the present. Truth was, Alden wasn’t fully sure if he understood the gravitas of what ran restlessly through his mind. Of the many factors that caused him some pause with regards to where it was his loyalties lay. Never before had he been forced to pick between one thing or another. And now it seemed he juggled the decision between three titanous options. He had his obligations to the Confederate Defense Force, and specifically to NAVCOM High Command. It was his Armada that presently patrolled the Core and Capital sectors - one of which had been writhed in chaos and a certain uncertainty in recent days. But outside of that, he had a world that looked to him. He hadn’t asked for it, but his very blood demanded it. And now their sanctity and prosperity depended on his ability to lead them. Something he’d leaned heavily on his brother, Cameron Akaran, for in recent months. But such wasn’t his brother’s responsibility; it was his own. And just like Ryloth and Siskeen, he felt as though he was failing those which so selflessly had looked to and accepted him for who he was. For what he was.

Finally, there was the gem of his life. The one singular thing in the galaxy that made him whole. The one thing that taught his heart to love again. That brought forth a hope that he’d once sought to bury in the aftermath of the Alliance’s great fall oh so long ago. If he was forced to choose, that choice he would make without hesitation. Yet amid it all, he sought a balance. A balance he sorely needed.

What had transpired on Siskeen had opened his eyes in a way he couldn’t put into words. Death and catastrophe had struck there - igniting an anger buried deep within he prayed would never see the light of day again. Much less in the presence of his love again. For on Siskeen, Alden had truly lost control. He’d fallen so far into his emotions, that even his eyes had flashed with a fiery vigor to match that which at that point brimmed in his heart. Such pain. Such anger. All pent up for years and years, scratching at the surface and just waiting to be set free. That had happened and Faye had been there to see it all. She had witnessed him become this monster he didn’t even know he was capable of becoming. And even now, she stuck with him.

What had he done to deserve such love and devotion in return. He was a flawed man - there was no denying that. He was far from perfect and then Siskeen had proven that even his heart carried with it an unruly hatred he kept buried deep. He didn’t want that to be him, but that is what had shined bright as the diplomatic negotiations had turned toward hell.

Yet, still she was here by his side.

He offered her another warm smile. ”How can I hope to keep you safe and protect you if our duties to the Confederacy keep us so far away?” There was a certain concern which backed his question. “Had anything happened to you during the Tragedy of Siskeen, I would have never forgiven myself.” He paused. ”I would have hated myself. It just terrifies me to have known what transpired there and known how close I was to losing you.”

nzwBq0H.png

EDIT.png

FHSocial-Gala.png

Tags: Rann Thress Rann Thress

A roll of her pale blue eyes was given as he spoke her name and then responded in kind with his own name. Although she chalked up a lot of the slurring to the fact that he was drunk and adding a little playfulness to his words. Perhaps he was too embarrassed at being saved by a woman? A shake of her head was given as she simply smiled at the man and then fished out another lollipop for herself. Her fingers worked at the wrapper of the lollipop and listened to the crinkling of the wrapper, but also listened to the male as he continued to speak. Although she loved to handle her weapons and to be brash and brazen sometimes; but when it came right to it, the woman was polite and being polite meant waiting out the other person to finish speaking.

Finally she managed to loosen the wrapper and she pocketed it only to stick the lollipop into her mouth. Her eyes drifted closed as she savored the sugary sweetness that flooded her mouth and it was better than anything that she could ever imagine, save for maybe being in a gun battle. A quiet hum rumbled deep in her chest with satisfaction as she finally looked to the man who had introduced himself as Rann. For a moment, the woman remained quiet while her gaze looked up at the night sky where the lights danced across the sky in a colorful array that was doing a performance for the rest of the world. A performance for those that were land bound and feeling the biting chill of the weather.

Did she mind the cold? Of course not, however, as she looked over to her companion who she had noticed had asked a question, the lupine pondered upon her response for a moment. Slowly she pulled the lollipop from her mouth as she twirled the stick between her fingers. ”Well why not? Life is hard as it is sometimes without feeling like no one can see you. If just one person can help another when they can, why not help someone? Wouldn’t life just be better if we can help out someone, even if it was just for no other reason than to give someone a shot at recovery?” Her head inclined to the right then as she looked to the male beside her in quiet contemplation.

Was it really something that needed an explanation, a reason or even needed to be a favor to be returned at a later date? Could no one do something for another person and not expect anything in return. Slowly she put the lollipop back into her mouth for a moment and she hummed in complete pleasure once again. Oh yes, sugary goodness was her complete answer for anything, even when she was feeling sad. However, everything was complete as it was right now. She had company, even if it was a drunk man that she had saved, there was sugar in her mouth and it was complete with the light show before her.

Pale blue eyes looked to her companion then as she pulled the lollipop from her mouth and she smiled. ”If we were always doing something for something, then what about those that cannot do something for something. Those that just need a little help out of a sticky situation? If you really want to repay me, then do something for someone else. Help the next person who needs just a little bit of help out of a sticky situation. That’s how you can repay me.” A nod of her head was given then as she smiled softly at the male before sticking the lollipop back into her mouth.

eye.png

Last edited:
G A L A
Vynter-Side.jpg

It had been many years.

And yet, Vynter remembered like it was yesterday. The nip in the air was almost unique to Frosthall. The chill was comforting. Familiar. It was much akin to a mother's caress - one that would ease all pain, all worry, and all strife. Yet, for as much as the towering man would have liked, Vandor was a source of animosity. A wound had been rent into his soul and it burdened his shoulders to this very day. As his boots crunched upon the frosted ground, his gaze was lifted. Not towards the shimmering heavens, but towards the fortification upon the mount.

Frosthall. Home.

He did not doubt his prowess with the blade. He did not doubt his understanding of the Force. If he willed it, he could march up the mountain and call his brother - Beric Layne Beric Layne - down. He could put the young Lord to the sword and seize the throne for himself. His ambition demanded that, someday, it would be he who sat upon the throne. And it would be he who took Frosthall far beyond the frozen reaches of their current borders. But, in the moment? He showed restraint. For as much as he could make the challenge. To do so would be to lose the people.

Rending the kingdom in two was never part of his desire. Not then, not now. He would have to go about it differently...and today was not that day.

A plume of heat erupted from his lips - the warmth of his sigh made manifest amidst the frozen air. His gaze slipped away from the fortress and turned back from whence he came. The stables. He had promised to meet a young woman, Effie, there. Yet, she had not arrived. She was a free-spirited one with a knack for getting herself lost it seemed. On the day they met, she was wandering aimlessly up the mountains. And today? She hadn't managed to navigate the city to find the stables. He shouldn't have left her to begin with.

Another sigh. A slight shake of the head. Vynter strode forth into the festivities. Ah, there was music. Songs which he knew - songs which he had sang as a boy and danced to as an adolescent. It was hard to deny himself a small shred of mirth at the sight. Impossibly hard. Moreover, his search proved to be fruitful. For amidst the swaying bodies and music, he found one wearing white. One who was formerly lost, but now found. His lips curved into a smile whilst his offhand reached out. Gingerly, his fingers came to rest upon her head.

"This." he began, moving his fingers slightly. "Is a brain-eater. And what is it doing?"

"Starving."

The jest was humorous enough to Vynter that his words were uttered alongside a chuckle. "You're a good ways off from the stables, Effie." Ah, but they were not alone. He had rudely interrupted, and thus he rendered a nod to both women before them. "Apologies for the intrusion. I am Vynter. And I have been looking for this for quite some time."
Vynter-Bottom.jpg

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed Faye Malvern Faye Malvern

Perhaps one of the most infuriating things about Alessandra was that she was apt to be right even more than Adron. The man considered his wife's words before finally offering her a knowing smile. "Is he deserving of a chance with my sister? Absolutely not." He said, however in the next moment he did continue. "But I was not...am not deserving of you." The man's hand came up to rest on the soft skin of his wife's cheek. He smiled at Alessandra's words about Alden but only in the next moment did the warm arms of his son wrap around his neck.

It was surreal.

Even now to feel his son subconsciously cling to him made his steps pause for a moment. Alessandra's arm was wrapped around his and he could not help but savor it. The warmth could force Hoth to melt away in an instance. In moments like these, Adron was often reminded of what he lost so many years ago. The pain flooded him...but in the very next second it was replaced. Alessandra would be used to this by now. The look he gave her showing that in this moment that showed that she had essentially provided him with closure, healing and the look on his face was one of appreciation.

Adron stopped for a moment and leaned over his wife, pressing his lips to Alessandra's. He enjoyed her, smiling softly as their lips joined before not after long Aries gave a quiet mutter of a stir. Adron chuckled, smiling at Ale before nodding at her words. "Let's go and find them." The moment they stepped forward. Adron pushed out with the Force and immediately felt the subtle presence of his sister and Alden. They moved through the ballroom and as the light spilled into the room Aries began to stir and groan in agitation. He smiled, running a hand over the young boy's back as they entered the room.

When they did finally find Alden and Francesca Adron could hear the topic of their discussion just as he stepped up. He listened to Alden's words and glanced over to Alessandra. When they walked up, Adron passed by Alden without saying a word, instead he pulled Aries from his neck and passed the sleepy boy to his aunt. Aries cooed in delight as he pressed into Faye's warm shoulder, giggling in enjoyment. While Faye enjoyed reunion with her nephew, Adron turned to Alden, looking to the man with a wondering expression. "How indeed?" He said, continuing on the words that Alden had been speaking. "The simple answer is that being together, being a team means that you both realize you have more to fight for together than alone." He glanced to Alessandra for a spare moment. "When you're a thousand planets away...you still fight for those you love. In every single way possible and when you both return to each other you'll realize something." He pressed a hand on Alden's shoulder. "The distance of space means nothing when the two of you are together in mind and soul." He said, before exhaling and brushing a hand through his hair. "Now, I want to have a drink with my family." He said, before glancing over to Aries and Faye.

YushaTop.png

D A N C E

Tag: Laneya Wexler Laneya Wexler , Vess Sadragen Vess Sadragen

The King beamed.

Perhaps it was the festivities to "blame", but the young woman with the angelic voice was positively receptive to his advance. Moreover, he friend - who he was effectively nabbing her from - seemed quite alright with loaning her for a dance. So positively kind. When Laneya's hand accepted Yusha's offer, he offered a half-nod of his head in gratitude. "If a sad face is seen, we'll bring her to dance as well - fair?" came his response, alive with amusement.

Thus, he swept the young woman away. A few steps towards the floor and he took a moment to feel the tune that filled the air.

The beat was easy to follow. Upbeat in fact. Yusha began with a twirl of his partner before stepping back, releasing her hand. He clapped and moved to the beat, snapping in tune. It wasn't his first time cutting a rug, but he at least had enough sense not to move too enthusiastically. Lest he jingle the ill-gotten coins in his purse a little too much. "And what is your name, miss?" he asked.​

YushaBot.png

YwqjUnZ.png

GAZE
Tags: Astrid Skovgaard Torgeir Skovgaard

As she ran, she felt the cold breeze shift and ruffle her red coat and the lupine thought about Astrid’s words for a moment. Astrid had a twin, how often had she come across a twin? The woman had heard about them but she didn’t think that she would ever see one, especially not a lupine twin. When she came to a sudden stop in the snow, sending it spraying, she looked back to see the two and saw that Astrid stood as white as the snow under their paws and howled. Redd’s nose lifted skywards as she too joined in on the howl and felt the exhilaration of the new pack, the new pack of wolves that she currently found herself in. If there were any horses nearby, they might have been spooked at the sudden sounds of a predator lurking within the snow covered forest and if Redd had felt like eating a horse it was definitely not off the menu. However, she felt like something that wasn’t domesticated, something that had the wilderness running within its veins.

Her tongue lashed out to lick her cold, black nose, as golden eyes watched the two begin to run forth and although she felt the urge to run with them, ahead of them, the wolf waited with a patience that she had to foster for a long time. However, as they got closer, she ran once more to stay just ahead of them in almost like a game of tag, except Torgeir had veered off and she paused long enough for Astrid to reach her. When Astrid finally reached her, her paws dug into the soft snow as she leapt over a fallen log and continued to run. The feeling was strange, almost as strange as it had been to be running with Gerwald when he had been in his own wolf form. However, this time there were two others, two new wolves who ran through the snow and she wasn’t alone.

It was almost like a dream come true as she panted with each stride. Did she imagine that she would be running with other wolves? No, she didn’t even think that she would ever be free again. She never thought that she would get to see the colorful display of lights in the sky as it peeked through the snow laden tree tops, or to even feel the cool breeze ruffle through her fur. Never, did she even imagine that there would be more wolves outside of her pack, even though it was completely plausible. Except here she was, running with two others and counting Gerwald, she now knew three lupines.

When Torgeir veered across their path once again, Redd hesitated and then followed after Torgeir, only to watch him coat himself in the scent of the snow underneath their paws to mask his scent. A hunt! Of course! She had almost forgotten about the hunt and had gotten caught up in the moment of just simply running with other wolves. Slowly she lowered herself into the snow and then her nose dove into the snow, while her right paws kicked at the ground to propel her body over into a roll. As she laid upon her back, her body wiggled from left to right like a worm so then to rub the snow into her thick heavy coat and once she felt that she had masked her scent she twisted her head to the right and the rest of her body followed suit.

Redd rolled onto her right side only to bring her paws underneath her to stand and shake out the snowy dust that had only just moments ago, covered her fur. Quietly the wolf followed Torgeir’s scent, although even she could smell the scent of the prey that he hunted. However, the male wolf seemed to want to take the lead and as she caught up to the male, she watched him lower himself and stalk his prey. So, the red wolf simply sat back upon her haunches. Was this wolf used to hunting alone? There was so much that she didn’t know about the twins and the wolf found that she was often questioning them in ways she never thought possible. Was Redd’s old pack the odd ones when they hunted as one?

Did she want to share just one beast or simply go off and kill another beast so then there would be a bountiful hunt? With that question Redd quietly rose to her paws and began to flank to the left as she herself lowered her body and began to stalk the herd of Kod’yok. Golden eyes took in the beast as they grazed upon the scare tufts of grass, but as the hunters descended upon the herd, Redd noted that there were still those that had plenty of meat upon their bones. The wolf didn’t have long and as Torgeir began to chase, she launched her large form forwards, as her back legs dug into the ground to propel her forwards. Paws kicked upon snow as she closed the gap and a growl only made the beasts run faster with fear. Redd’s legs elongated into a much larger stride and her body lengthened to accompany this stride.

Her form flanked the left side of the herd and as she gained ground, she leapt forwards and her sharp teeth sank into the throat of a male whose young lithe form, crashed into the snowy ground baying as her teeth sliced through fur, skin and flesh. Redd used her weight to hold down the beast as it struggled against her hold, but with each kick, it’s attempts began to weaken before it had no more kick left. A paw pressed down upon her kill as she heard the black wolf’s howl and she released her killing hold upon her prey, knowing that the beast at her paws was dead. Golden eyes sought out Torgeir and upon finding him, she lifted her blood covered muzzle to the sky in a howl of her own.​

fire.png

Acantha Malvern

L ᵢ ₜ t ₗ ₑ B ₗ ₐ c ₖ b ᵢ ᵣ d
FHSocial-Gala.png

Tags: Kyyrk Kyyrk
“Yes, I assumed that much.” She interjected when he spoke of the inaccuracies of records. “They were enough to pique my interest in you, and what you have to offer.”

Fela offered a nod of acknowledgement when he spoke of Alkor. More than pleased at the discovery that Voph put merit in Alkor’s actions, which in turn seemed to help bolster her position in the Confederacy. She had asked the same thing, when she saw him for the first time after he’d demolished the slaver ring. Why had he saved her? What did he see in her? She was just as much a slaver as her Master had been, even if she had been beaten and bloodied into doing it. Still, he had taken pity perhaps, or maybe he saw something that Fela had yet to see.

Her gaze stilled on the wrappings pressed against the section of his face where his eyes should have been. His words would have unnerved most, but not Fela. Before she had joined the Confederacy she was just a plain old woman, but her arrival had caused a stir in an ancient and hallowed race. The Sean-Olc. Theirs was a race of burden, and responsibility. Fela was no stranger to the words, nor did she let them phase her. As far as turning back went…

“Thank you, Lord Commander Voph. I can assure you that turning back will not be an option, even if it were. The burden and responsibility of knowledge, no matter how dark or haunting it may be, is always heavy to bear… But my life is far, far from over and I would be remiss if I allowed the years to continue on without exploring any of it. I am grateful for your warnings, and I can promise you they won't be ignored, but they are unneeded.” Fela looked him dead in the spot where his eyes were tucked behind thick cloth. “I want this.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom