Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Utapau Financial Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
NS2tBKm.jpg

The Utapau Financial Library prior to the fitting of transparisteel panes in the reading room

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide another location for RPing on the Fourth Moon of Utapau
  • ​Image Credit: American Conquest - screenshot by me
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Utai Magic Circle (the entity that paid for its construction)

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: Utapau Financial Library
  • Classification: A library
  • Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition
  • Accessibility: Since the Fourth Moon of Utapau is sparsely populated, the moon is still wild; nevertheless, it is located in the outskirts of the only town of the Fourth Moon
  • Security: Nominal security guard presence
  • Description: Built on an one-acre plot in the New Barkhesh district of Kessil, the Utapau Financial Library is a Georgian-style white stone building, which is just one of the many architectural styles represented in the district, that comprises a solarium on its southwest wing, with an octagonal clock tower above its main entrance, and two floors of offices, as well as a basement. It is also partially bordered by the nearby forest although there are other inhabited plots to the north and the east around the building.

POINTS OF INTEREST
The solarium of the building has a ceramic roof and is used as a reading room for the library, featuring furniture made from locally-sourced wood. The library houses a collection of accounting and financial literature on the ground floor, with the collections pertaining to all other business topics on the second floor, all of which are accessible to the public, taking up nearly all the space on the two above-ground floors. The clock tower, accessible from a hallway next to the main staircase, actually comprises the librarian's office, containing the staff's offices as well. In the basement of the building, there is a trading room where the patrons can even engage in financial transactions, such as money exchanges, securities trading and banking operations.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
In the wake of the Incursion, the city council of Kessil found that the city's public library system was deficient, but was not able to fund the construction of an additional library in full, ontop of funding the construction of its collections. In accordance to new construction projects of this nature, a due bidding process was launched, even though the Utai Magic Circle was footing its 2-million bill in its entirety. Even though the library's construction was privately funded, the public funding of the library's collections of nearly 20,000 holobooks forced the Circle to attempt respecting the local architecture as is usual of government-sponsored construction projects. However, since works pertaining to the management of investment portfolios and other business-related topics are not usually considered overly sensitive, security isn't the tightest.

I'll be reviewing this today, so if you have any questions feel free to tag me in a response to this thread and I'll respond accordingly. Give me a few minutes, and I'll respond!

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom