Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Upon this joyous day... (SJC/ Commenor launch) Open to All

Metis was nervous, and excited and a little giddy. It had been awhile since she had let her hair down. So to speak. In truth her hair was done up in a rather elaborate style She supposed that was both the literal and metaphorical opposite of letting your hair down. Still both occasions to style anything with your hair were meant to be fun and social events.

One thought, required something with elegance and grace. It was a simple white dress, but beautiful nonetheless.

emma-watson-attends-the-uk-premiere-of-noah-at-odeon-news-photo-1585825411.jpg

As much as Metis loved the Jedi, and learning with them, the adventures that she had been on with them. At times Metis missed the noble court in Naboo, Nubian and Echani Handmaidens in addition to their many duties were also required to be representatives of their peoples, including among social engagements. Even her last mission to Eshan had been rife with political intrigue it had been a political event not a social one.

Basically Metis missed how she used to party. Unfortunately, once again Metis lived up to her reputation among the teachers of the Silver Jedi. The one where she was perpetually late. Metis felt this time though she might be forgiven as being fashionably late.

Metis smiled and nodded politely to the other guests in attendance. Metis didn’t know anyone that well at the party, but a part of her couldn’t help but search out for interesting conversation, as she was walking around the room she overheard one such conversation.

After Senator Chandra had posed her question, Auteme added one of her own for Penelope. "Will the assistance to Nar Shaddaa eventually lead to the establishment of a legitimate government there?"

"Nar Shadda is a criminal hub even if a legitimate government was installed and given official control the criminal element would remain strong, and no doubt other criminal syndicates would vie for power. The Black Sun or Pyke Syndicate would try to use the situation to their advantage." Metis interrupted eager to share her opinion and knowledge of intergalactic affairs.

"Still the greater threat to Nar Shadda is currently the Brynádul. Nar Shadda could be a crucial strategic planet.” Metis grimaced in her rapid speech “As distasteful as the notion may be an alliance with Nar Shadda against our mutual enemy may be beneficial even necessary”

Metis paused in her rapid speech to look at who she was talking to.

“Oh pardon me… I’m Handmaiden.. Padawan Metis Athena Elpis.” Metis offered her hand before realising who exactly she was talking to. Once she had she blushed furiously.

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra
Silver Rose
Auteme Auteme

Last edited by a moderator:
Damian wasn't a stranger to Kyra's outbursts, although he often wasn't the target of them. Cool Uncle Damian became old man Damian so quick. Still the smile stayed on his face as the girl walked off and he looked at the others gathered around him. "I promise I’ve seen her well behaved on more than one occasion.”

He never really apologized for Kyra, it wasn’t really something he felt the need to do. You could only treat a young lady like a little girl for so long before she began to resent you and so he had resigned himself to treat her as adult as he was able.

“Anyways, I just wanted to know how things were progressing with Kyra? Is she a good student and all of that.” Of course his ideal of how to treat his niece and the actuality were often two separate things completely. Damian found himself doting far more than usual. His ears perked up and he concentrated on the conversation ahead of him as well as the conversation of the two girls. It was a skill one could learn, a way to ease drop during a party and track two different conversations.

“Kyra,” he said in a slightly elevated voice so both girls could hear him plainly. “With your arm you don’t want to mix alcohol with your medication.” His voice was perhaps sterner than he meant it to be.

And then without missing a beat he looked at the others around him, “I know she can be a handful but for me it’s always been worth it.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Caedyn Arenais Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda

Caedyn Arenais

C

Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron had thankfully introduced Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda to the rest of the small group, something that Caedyn was quietly hoping her wouldn't have to take the initiative of doing himself. Returning a warm smile and bowing his head to the Woman, he returned the greeting in kind; "Caedyn Arenais. An unfortunate victim of your partner's lack of humor" he grinned.

However, the Jedi Knight soon stifled a laugh under the cover of his left hand, saving grace and trying to make off that he had an itch upon his cheek so not to appear rude before such a formal occasion, yet in response to Auburn's remark about Kyra calling her a fairy, the Jedi Knight could so easily picture the scene and knowing just how likely that was.

It seemed that his Padawan was the talk of the group, and her Uncle Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser soon took fondly to the discussion, speaking much in the way that most loving families would do, and sugar coating the girl's tendencies to stir up mischief.

"We've had some up's and down's" Caedyn admitted, although not sounding too inconvenienced as he continued to elaborate, "Initially there were a few growing pains to be had, but she's quickly become the focal point of my service and duty as a Jedi. It's quite interesting how drastic a change taking on a Padawan can make, the impact on the way we see the Galaxy and how it can influence a difference in our planning assignments and field work...".

Truthfully, Caedyn was rather proud of how far his Padawan had come, although he wasn't so eager to show it as he didn't want to encourage her ego to get the better of her. He had learned quickly, just how easily Kyra's emotions could get away on her and so he had also learned that their training and progress together was best taken at a controlled and consistent pace.

A bit of the tension in her shoulders fell away hearing Castien's words. She was becoming increasingly pleased that he decided to approach her; she felt as though she could blunder her way through the conversation and not have to worry about much judgment from his end. Or is this just how all politicians are??

"If you ever do make it to Pantora, let me know ahead of time so I can tell you where all to visit! I... didn't make it into the city too often, but enough that I know about all of the delightful little hole-in-the-wall places that tourists don't know about!" She fell into deep thought for a moment as she glanced around the room, looking for anything of interest. "To be completely honest, I just came to see what it was like. I'd never been to this type of gathering before and had no idea what to expect, so I figured, why not dive right in and figure it out as I go? The food has certainly been a fine reward, though."

She brought her attention back to Castien, taking note of his attire. "What about you? I mean, I know you probably have a legitimate reason to be here, but are you campaigning or just... networking or something?"

Tag: Silver Chronicler

Silver Rose

S
Tags: Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Auteme Auteme Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

d4b1b918f4681035c32284da5716bda8166b9460.gifv

Chasin City, Commenor
Galactic Alliance Delegation
Adhira was keenly aware of the other members of the delegation as resolved to enter into the fray and mingle on their own. She acknowledged the presence of Sanjin Senator Jasol Dorsian as he separated from the others and set off in the direction Vonar Ardinn. Her dark brown eyes trained on them for a moment, trying to glean any information she could from their body language. She did not trust the Lord-Imperator. The way he was always champing at the bit to get at the Jedi annoyed her. The Balmorran just hoped he did not intend to cause a ruckus on this diplomatic visit to Commenor.

Mere seconds had passed when she drew her attention back to Penelope and Auteme Auteme . The young Jedi padawan was doing what she seemed to do best: being unintentionally flattering as a result of her habit to actually read the reports given to her. There was a genuineness to the way she so nonchalantly mentioned specific policy work and educational background that was often absent in the young, ambitious politicians. Adhira couldn't help but smile as the younger woman drew attention to her own supposed expertise.

It was actually quite an honor for Adhira to witness such a candor discussion about policy positions, particularly from Penelope. The rest of the galaxy was either speculating or left completely in the dark about what to expect from the newly formed government. It was clear from the ease with which she spoke that Coldwell was passionate about her beliefs and would likely bring them to fruition during her term. "I merely studied the basics during my higher education," she added finally with a coy smile.

"No, I'm afraid I never had a mind for the concrete sciences, it was in the social sciences that I found my call," it was true, from the beginning of her education she was hopeless at astrophysics, medicine, even general tech. She switched her focus within a few days to politics, speechcraft, philosophy, and diplomacy. "Alas, I cannot tell you how the hyperdrive works, but I can negotiate hyper lane trade route!" The Senator smiled as she took another deep drink.

"Representative Auteme, though," she smirked at the girl, "is positively remarkable. Very studious. Not unlike yourself Representative Coldwell, I'm sure." Adhira gave a respectful incline of her head to both of them. "Is that a project your new government hopes to implement across the Silver Sphere or is it merely in development?"

Silver Rose

And there she was, so proud of herself for talking, only to be reminded moments later that this was a real conversation and she'd need to keep talking to not seem weird or incompetent. Maybe she wasn't the best talker, but Auteme prided herself on being a good listener. There was no skill more important than listening. It was the basis for knowledge and communication, and she very much liked those things.

Water, Nar Shaddaa, using the sciences. All very important. After all, there were so many planets in the galaxy without widespread Holonet access or high-level technologies. Even basic necessities such as water could be scarce in the poorest places. As was the responsibility of any nation on the galactic stage, the wealthier member-states had to help improve living conditions for the less fortunate. How that help was given was a debate within itself, but it was good to see that one of the triumvirs had a mind for improving the lives of many through scientifically-proven means.

Even so, Nar Shaddaa was an ambitious project. There had been many galactic governments before the Concord to try and tame it. Still, the crime and squalor continued. Auteme was an idealist and even she considered changing the fundamental nature of a place such as Nar Shaddaa to be a monumental task. Coldwell had her work cut out for her. Given that the SJC's initial expedition to the moon was at the behest of a Hutt, would they even be able to oust the criminal empires that had kept the world poor for thousands of years? It'd be a bad look to turn on their allies, even if they were Hutts.

But everything began with little changes. Improving quality of life on Nar Shaddaa -- for those on the lower levels especially -- would allow more people to have more legitimate modes of employment. The installation of systems and institutions was the beginning of an official planetary government. With long-term support, perhaps even the Smuggler's Moon could shed its ill repute. Maybe she could be proud to call it the place she was born.

Anyways, talking. Adhira hyped her up a bit -- again -- and Auteme could almost feel the senator trying to inflate her head.

"Well, given how many new fields of science pop up every year... I do try to stay familiar. But I've only just begun my second year at Coruscant University's accelerated medical course. I'm far from having real qualifications," she said. Sure, she knew everything there was to know about the galaxy, but that didn't make her a real expert or make others take her expertise seriously. Maybe after a few doctorates.

After Senator Chandra had posed her question, Auteme added one of her own for Penelope. "Will the assistance to Nar Shaddaa eventually lead to the establishment of a legitimate government there?"
Metis was nervous, and excited and a little giddy. It had been awhile since she had let her hair down. So to speak. In truth her hair was done up in a rather elaborate style She supposed that was both the literal and metaphorical opposite of letting your hair down. Still both occasions to style anything with your hair were meant to be fun and social events.

One thought, required something with elegance and grace. It was a simple white dress, but beautiful nonetheless.

emma-watson-attends-the-uk-premiere-of-noah-at-odeon-news-photo-1585825411.jpg

As much as Metis loved the Jedi, and learning with them, the adventures that she had been on with them. At times Metis missed the noble court in Naboo, Nubian and Echani Handmaidens in addition to their many duties were also required to be representatives of their peoples, including among social engagements. Even her last mission to Eshan had been rife with political intrigue it had been a political event not a social one.

Basically Metis missed how she used to party. Unfortunately, once again Metis lived up to her reputation among the teachers of the Silver Jedi. The one where she was perpetually late. Metis felt this time though she might be forgiven as being fashionably late.

Metis smiled and nodded politely to the other guests in attendance. Metis didn’t know anyone that well at the party, but a part of her couldn’t help but search out for interesting conversation, as she was walking around the room she overheard one such conversation.

"Nar Shadda is a criminal hub even if a legitimate government was installed and given official control the criminal element would remain strong, and no doubt other criminal syndicates would vie for power. The Black Sun or Pyke Syndicate would try to use the situation to their advantage." Metis interrupted eager to share her opinion and knowledge of intergalactic affairs.

"Still the greater threat to Nar Shadda is currently the Brynádul. Nar Shadda could be a crucial strategic planet.” Metis grimaced in her rapid speech “As distasteful as the notion may be an alliance with Nar Shadda against our mutual enemy may be beneficial even necessary”

Metis paused in her rapid speech to look at who she was talking to.

“Oh pardon me… I’m Handmaiden.. Padawan Metis Athena Elpis.” Metis offered her hand before realising who exactly she was talking to. Once she had she blushed furiously.

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra
Silver Rose
Auteme Auteme

K9Bk7sNL.jpg

Penelope took the large swell of chatter in stride, interested to hear the opinions of all scattered about. It was always useful, to hear from others. You never know what beads of ideas you could gleam from the mouths of others opinions.

She took Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis 's hand easily, shaking it without any affair. "Penelope," she greeted, informal. It was clear she came from an informal upbringing, but she carried on unbashed.

"It's hard to say what we can hope for long term, Nar Shaddaa has a long, riddled past. But I will say providing basic resources always shows a marginal uptick for the quality of life of the native residents of any planet." Her eyes sparkled at this assertion, uncapped hope fueling her. Oh, to be green.

She turned to Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra , answer her with that same boost of excitement. Oh it's no where near the execution stage, but I'll see it through either way. Why? The Galactic Alliance isn't finding itself with a water shortage, is it? I could send over my plans." She had not yet learned the concept of loyalty when it came to knowledge.

Perhapse she never would.

Tags: Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield

Alva blinked and leaned to the side to get a good peek at the group Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had been conversing with. Hmm, mostly older people. As her friend came to greet her, she beamed – but arched a curious brow when she saw the pout on Kyra's face. Alva's blue eyes flickered from said pout to the group of adults and back again.

As Kyra grasped her forearm, she laughed at the comment. “Haha, yes – I made it!” The teen proclaimed it like a great triumph. And in a way, it was. She rarely left Midvinter, for she did prefer the colder climate. “It's balmy here,” she said, fanning herself with her free hand.

She already missed the cold and the snow.

“Oh,” Alva blinked again as Kyra produced a cookie from somewhere in her sling. “I'm good, thanks, but I could go for a drink. Is there ale here?” she asked, tilting her head. Then, she remembered that things were different here. “Or, well, can people our age even drink on this world?”

Her icy gaze flitted back towards the group that Kyra had left. “I hope I didn't interrupt anything, by the way,” she said, nodding in that general direction.

Caedyn Arenais , Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron , Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda , Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser
Damian wasn't a stranger to Kyra's outbursts, although he often wasn't the target of them. Cool Uncle Damian became old man Damian so quick. Still the smile stayed on his face as the girl walked off and he looked at the others gathered around him. "I promise I’ve seen her well behaved on more than one occasion.”

He never really apologized for Kyra, it wasn’t really something he felt the need to do. You could only treat a young lady like a little girl for so long before she began to resent you and so he had resigned himself to treat her as adult as he was able.

“Anyways, I just wanted to know how things were progressing with Kyra? Is she a good student and all of that.” Of course his ideal of how to treat his niece and the actuality were often two separate things completely. Damian found himself doting far more than usual. His ears perked up and he concentrated on the conversation ahead of him as well as the conversation of the two girls. It was a skill one could learn, a way to ease drop during a party and track two different conversations.

“Kyra,” he said in a slightly elevated voice so both girls could hear him plainly. “With your arm you don’t want to mix alcohol with your medication.” His voice was perhaps sterner than he meant it to be.

And then without missing a beat he looked at the others around him, “I know she can be a handful but for me it’s always been worth it.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield Darlyn Excron Darlyn Excron Caedyn Arenais Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda

"Uuuuugh, No. Nothing. Nada. Let g-"

“Kyra,” he said in a slightly elevated voice so both girls could hear him plainly. “With your arm you don’t want to mix alcohol with your medication.”

Kyra paused, her hand on her friends arm, halfway through leading her away. Her shoulders tightened for a spare moment, before the tension dispersed with an eye roll and Kyra ducked under an elbow! Alva was dragged along, their footsteps quick as Kyra made fast work at hiding them among the crowd. It was a talent, alright?

Everybody had one.

"Ignore them," she chirped, straightening up by a server's shoulder. She grabbed them both a fruity drink of glowing, blue nature and passed it off to her friend. "They just hate life." She gave a dramatic sigh, informing the girl with a shake of her head.

Pinky up, she sipped at her drink.

"So anyway, how are you? How did you get out here? ...You're not with your cousin, right?" She asked, on edge. Her hatred of Jawline was legendary. Little sis no like big sis boy friend. The grandfather was ok!

Silver Chronicler

S
tumblr_pz3t0tVMaF1uk8zpvo1_1280.png

“I will keep that in mind, should I get the opportunity! I much prefer to avoid most tourist traps when I can, vapid substitutes for what a culture truly has to offer. The experience of an insider is much appreciated.” Castien smiled at the Pantoran, himself relaxing at least somewhat as their conversation became more casual.

“Well, there’s certainly nothing wrong with that! I must say, I admire the confidence. Not everyone is so enthusiastic to throw themselves into unfamiliar settings, but I find more often than not it pays off in the long run. And I am glad to hear you share a similarly sophisticated palate.” He nodded, raising his confection for another bite.

Nandia’s follow-up question did elicit a somewhat amused response from the Sephi. “Well, it just so happens that this gala is in celebration of my inauguration!” Castien gave a soft, singular laugh before continuing, “I have been elected to represent the Concord on the galactic stage, alongside my fellow representatives Penelope and Vril.” His eyes began to wander across the room, spotting both aforementioned colleagues before returning his attention to the woman in front of him. Hoping the sudden revelation about his status did not affect the conversation too greatly, Castien quickly followed up in a stage whisper, “Just don’t tell any of the reporters. I suspect they might have lost me in the crowd, and I intend to keep it that way just a bit longer.” The politican laughed again, before changing the subject, "Are you yourself a resident of Concord space, then? We've people from all over the galaxy here tonight. If my recollection is correct, and I presume it is, Pantora itself is not a part of our sphere."

Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Chasin City, Commenor
  • Concordia Inauguration Gala
  • Wearing (X)
  • Lightsaber (X)
Watching the display put on by the padawan learner, Darlyn couldn't help but nod along at Caedyn Arenais's words. "It certainly seems like it, training an apprentice is already far more work than I'd usually care to give something. I could only imagine if she was a teenager like yours." Almost immediately, he regretted his choice of words as it outed something to his nephew alongside the news that he had been dating someone long enough to call them his girlfriend. Not even Auburn Sioda Auburn Sioda had been made aware that Darlyn took on a student, and yet here he was slipping it away at a party. Sober. Usually only drunken idiots spilled the beans so quickly.

Soon after, he moved onto a different subject entirely in an attempt to drown out the information given. "That said I don't have the same problem as you do with the ah, puddle ones. Mostly just administrative things, a different rocky road. I can very much now understand why Kay liked to sneak out all the time despite the constant headaches and heart attacks that gave me. Dull and boring, and it sucks up all the time to plan date nights." Nailed that discussion shift. Surely that would work...

Just in case it didn't however, he gave Caedyn a small nudge, not entirely concerned how Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser interpreted this purple suited man elbowing a jedi knight might tarnish either of their images. "Woes aside, you certainly still seem to be remarkably upbeat these days, quite the accomplishment. I don't usually get to see that from folks 'side from Auburn, right Your Highness?" He gave Auburn a wink, then nodded at Damian slightly. He wasn't really sure what to say to him honestly, and it was clearly driving him crazy. Crazier.

Alva straightened up – literally – as a man's voice interjected, saying Kyra Perl Kyra Perl should not mix medication with alcohol. Her wide eyes cast a small glance towards the group of adults, amazed that they were standing there having a conversation of their own, but also... listening.

But, next thing she knew, Kyra was leading her away. She laughed as Kyra pulled her along, weaving their way through the crowd. Until, they came to a stop, somewhere in the middle of the party. There were backs and shoulders all around, everyone else basically a shield for the two friends.

“Okay,” she said with a chuckle as Kyra told her to ignore the grown-ups. And Alva flashed Kyra a grin as fruity drinks were found. Alva held the glass up a little and inspected the glowing blue liquid. This was some refined stuff right here, and she sipped it as delicately as she could. Back on Midvinter, she wasn't exactly ladylike – neither were the tankards of mead and ale.

“Cousin?” she asked, squinting. But then she realized that Kyra must have been referring to Thirdas. “Oh! He's actually my uncle,” she giggled. “But no, I didn't come with Thirdas. Mom and Grandpa arranged the transportation for me.

“It's nice here,” she nodded. “Different, but nice.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom