Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upon the Bedrock [The Jedi Praxeum]

Cassus Stoma

C
​The cool sensation of the water rushing along his lower leg was calming, but the constant force of the stream continued to press against him- keeping him engaged in the moment. The slight grin remained creased upon his lips, unfaltering in it's fashion as it truly did express the feeling held in this moment. Some form of happiness that he could relate to being back home. He missed it, truly. Jace was nothing but a boy, but he knew larger things were at stake. Maybe he could return and ensure that everything was fine, watch over them until their last days. Still, the Padawan had such a long way to go, and perhaps if he fully committed himself to the code he couldn't return to his family. Attachment is forbidden after all. Only time would tell.

​He radiated a presence throughout the force, unable to wield such a power appropriately. He could not hide his presence, conceal his emotions- they poured out with him, creating that feeling of 'calm' so easily tangible. "I'm Jace." He mentioned, shifting his head to face the woman beside him. "Yeah, I found them on Nibelengun. Saying I've got potential." The last part seemed extra gleeful. "I don't know all too much." Jace honestly claimed, turning to face the water ahead of him, "Should be willing to accept any h-." His reply cut short as something far stronger than he tugged on the end of the line, tearing him from his sitting position and thrust into the water. "WOAH!" Was all he was able to make out before being submerged, dragged down stream with rod in hand, and hook attached to some thing.

Those Native children didn't seem all too surprised, even a bit excited.

"Think it got him?" One asked the other.

"Probably."

"C'mon, let's go find him."

Strange to see them so calm. They casually clambered up from the shallows, moving along the beaten track with a hastened walk, their eyes glued to the river itself.

[member="Nylea Apollodor"]

Anarielle Giala Mero,
Eira Pechal,
Jedi Praxeum

Holding a datapad in her hand Anari draws the attention of one of the local craftsmans' attention on the great stone blocks that are being cut for use in the Praxeum's construction. All around Anari craftsmen hammer and chistle away at massive blocks of beige rock sculpting them skillfully, she was pleased to see living men and women ply their trade and not rely exclusively on soullless automatons. "You're going to have to account for Waste management, the Praxeum's ceiling should have anywhere between a fifteen to thirty degree angle so that rain doesn't collect on the ceiling and cause a collapse. It's easier this way; you can externally route rainwater through downpipes into drains which is another issue we're going to have to tackle." Anarielle stands wearing some dark navy blue cargo trousers with a long-sleeved working shirt beneath a fancy fur-lined coat. Attire that was decidedly against what Jedi would traditionally wear but then again Anari didn't consider herself a Jedi both because she self-critically concluded that she didn't sufficiently adhere to the code and did not deserve the respect which came with the esteemed title as a result. Anarielle viewed her own sins during the Clone Wars with deep sadness and loathing though she tried desperately not to project them through the force though skilled telepaths could usually perceive the surface, the actions in question were known most intimately by Ach-Kay who retained many of his memories in assisting who was then General Mero. Ach-Kay stands in complete silence behind Anari and scans the workers and Jedi in the area; formulating targeting solutions for each of them even if he wouldn't execute them, Kay formulated them out of boredom as a result of his base programming as an Assassin Droid. Anarielle Prepares to lift a support column standing well over fifteen feet in height for the Praxeum's construction.

"When I put this pillar in the marked location your crew will need to quickly anchor it down with those heavy gauge masonry screws so it doesn't go toppling over." The Foreman nodded and watched with his crew in a mix of delight and awe as the tallish Woman focused on their recently finished pillar with a tenacious gaze bringing both hands forward Anari takes a sharp inhale and begins making a series of slow gestures raising the Pillar vertically off the ground and moving towards a square piece of completed albeit dust-covered floor. Anarielle appeared outwardly calm and maintained her focus long enough to softly place the heavy stone pillar at its' assigned resting place with four men scrambling quickly over it and locking it into place with their masonry-screw tipped power tools; drilling through the Pillar into the floor. "Many thanks Master Jedi." The Foreman's comment as he passes the Sephi Woman disturbs Anari and she spends a long pause thinking on what was otherwise an innocent expression of gratitude. "I'm no Jedi." She corrects him firmly and seems outwardly disturbed prompting the Foreman to stop and face the woman. "Oh, my Apologies if I've caused offence Ma'am, I just assumed." Waving her hand dismissively of his apology with a half-forced friendly smile. "Think nothing of it." Anari felt not slighted nor anger rather just a reminder that she failed the Order and deserted it, when at times she sometimes considered if it could have been a better existence if she had joined the force beside them all those centuries ago rather than persisting, shaking the thought from her head the Sephi re-focused, Samaria Heavy Engineering relied on her for leadership and this Jedi Praxeum might just be the source of her redemption and she had resolved to help them until they'd proven undeserving. Privately Anarielle had been quite inspired and impressed by what she'd seen, an ernest attempt to re-create the Order she'd known as a child when the Order was truly dedicated to peacekeeping and peacemaking where the Jedi acted as mediators to disputes not warriors at the head of Armies, though she viewed herself as becoming too much like the latter to ever truly walk again as the former.

[member="Jace Khel"] [member="Kol Varad"] [member="Nylea Apollodor"] [member="Aten Ramses"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Luca Jisard"] [member="Faeroth Uraan"] [member="Alm"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Chiara Viren"] [member="Odin Stormbreaker"]

Silently, almost like a shadow, a young man crept up among them. He looked clearly racially related to the teenager who had offered him food but the Jedi was surprised at the man's ability to roam so silently with such physique. Ember pondered whether he was simply too distracted with his thoughts to notice him initially or whether the man truly was gifted.

As Alm's blunt question came with a thick accent, Ember was about to respond when a foreign but friendly thought echoed in his mind. Automatically did his head shift to its source - the same man, Luca.

The Jedi Knight remained silent for a moment before nodding respectfully at both while trying to figu- Ah, the gestures made it clear. Luca was deaf.

"Ember. Ember Farseer." He introduced himself politely before a soft smile pulled at his lips. "Welcome to the soon-to-be Praxeum. Anything I can be of your help?"

The offer was pure as his intentions. The new, friendly faces of the two warmed him.

[member="Luca Jisard"] [member="Alm"]

Alm froze, startled by the voice that brushed her mind.

Among her people, both empathetic and telepathic bonds were rare but not unheard of. Typically they formed between close family members or lovers, not strangers. Dark eyes widened like that of a predator as her gaze shifted quickly over to the man now identified as Luca. He seemed lax enough and his message was friendly, but it had caught Alm off guard.

Ember seemed to notice as well which was something of a relief. It meant that Alm wasn’t going crazy.

“Oh.” Her face wasn’t exactly friendly and her body was rigid with nerves, but she was excited to be here. Some part of her was, at least.

“Nice to meet. Both.” She cleared her throat. “Yes.” Her voice cracked a little.

Alm had grown nearly a foot and begun to fill out a more muscular form since leaving her home world, but sometimes there was no hiding her anxiety. Once again out of her element, her stern façade wasn’t as strong as it had been with the Sith.

“You Ember and Luca—Jedis, yes—correct? Ember is Jedis leader? Is boss man?”

Really, all she wanted to do right now was venture into the forest and never return.

[member="Ember Farseer"] [member="Luca Jisard"]

She rolled her eyes before backtracking and pressing her hip now into the chair, "I'm alright...you and Gala worry too much." She brushed it off before returning with her own slick remark, "Since when do I ever ask for help?"

He sounded like Veiere...though when it came to her own Master, there was much more scolding; he worried too much. Now she was worrying about him.

She followed him out of the cockpit, "I promise I'm fine...just a bit banged up." She'd never been pushed physically like the way she had been pushed on Kintan. "I more tired than anything...nothing I can't deal with."

"How's Teynara?" She'd been thinking about her little sister as of late, and with Kahne around it made sense she'd ask since he was her Master.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

At first, Nylea smiled somewhat in amusement over Jace's reaction to getting a hook. It quickly shifted to slight worry however when whatever was on the other side of the line pulled him into the water and left him submerged, to which she reacted by quickly getting on her feet and shedding the cloak she wore. In contrast the the unworried children who simply walked along the river, albeit with a slightly hastened pace, casually looking for the man, Nylea was much more alert. She kept a close eye as she moved past the small group until she noticed a figure that simply had to have been Jace and at the sight she began running closer to the river itself, ready to leap after him when she saw him again.

When the echani's eyes locked up with the figure once more, she took a leap with no hesitation and landed in the water close to Jace. As she began swimming along the stream she caught up with him and hooked an arm around his midsection, trying to make sure he had something to hold on to. Slowly the duo would begin inching towards the side, slowly but surely closing in on dry land. Eventually Nylea was able to hold on to land and with some struggle she looked to bring the man to solid ground so he could pull himself up. Had he been able to do so, she herself would follow afterwards. Otherwise she would hold on to him as she climbed out of the river and then pull him up.

For a moment the woman had to catch her breath, but in the meantime still went to check up on how Jace was doing. "Are you okay?" she asked between heavy breaths, "Whatever that was had some serious strength." The children in the meantime seemed amused by the soaked appearances of the two. "At least the others got some entertainment out of it, I suppose," Nylea exclaimed with a chuckle while turning her head towards the natives, some of them giggling at the sight as they approached.

[member="Jace Khel"]

Smiling broadly at [member="Ember Farseer"], he nodded and extended his hand to shake, while at the same time his dark gaze fell lightly to @Alm. With a strange twinkle in his eye, he grinned softly to Alm, and the voice came through louder, as he used his own voice as well, tone-deaf and grating as he imagined it to be.

"Not Jedi, no. A seer. Use the Force, but not as they. I only come here because my family cast me out and so too did my work. I see things, things before they become things. This scares people, and so they blame me, as if I cause it to happen by knowing. Maybe they are right. And so, I leave so I don't cause them more hurt. Come here, because here my sight says good people help good people."

The statement echoed emotions and faint, misty pictures in the mind that were more sensed than saw. It was a strange blend of empathy and telepathy, but somehow from the young one it seemed quite natural for him, and wasn't terribly unsettling. His smile and affable nature certainly helped.

Cassus Stoma

C
In all fairness, it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do to remain a firm and determined grip on the rod once whatever was on the other end ripped from his seating, and into the water below. Then again, Jace wasn't always filled with the brightest of ideas. The water was rapidly washing over him with each passing moment, and he just couldn't seem to close his mouth- enough of it washed down his throat. It became harder and harder to breathe with each passing moment, a near panic almost setting in. Was he really to die because he was too stubborn to let go of a fishing rod, or was it that he was too stupid. Young? Sure. Inexperienced? Definitely. Stupid? Maybe?

It was then that he felt the grip of an Echani grasp at his midsection, raising him from the depths as his hands ultimately slipped away from the tool he once held so firmly. The feeling of a blowing breeze on his wet skin was freezing, but with it came a relief as it all seemed to funnel down his throat and revitalise him. Turns out he may of just been that stupid. His body crashed down onto the shore, laying on his back as he breathed out rapidly and heavily, almost struggling for a moment.

"F-fine." An exhausted voice spoke. A grin forming across his face as his hands swiped the water form his face off with a downward stroke. He even began to chuckle, and as he did the children chimed in only causing a full burst of laughter to escape him that was matched. Jace was too busy laughing to respond to anything that Nylea said, surely not out of rudeness, however.

[member="Nylea Apollodor"]

"Perhaps you should start." The Jedi master said as he gave her the smallest of smiles. Kahne entered the relatively small kitchen, while caf was already brewed and he reached for two cups and began to pour both. However when she asked about Teynara, he stopped pouring one of the cups for a brief second as his mind shifted to her and truly began to think about Teynara. Kahne finished pouring into the cup and he carefully slid one cup over to her.

"I don't know." Kahne said with a slight feel of sadness in his voice. She was indeed his greatest student. "She's gone..." Kahne put simply, while he knew that she wasn't dead, but just gone. He would still see her every now and again, not physically, but in his dreams. There was times he wondered if he would have been their more, she wouldn't have left.

Kahne let out a small sigh and then took a small sip from the cup. "We all need a little help sometimes, and it's okay to ask." Kahne voiced softly, not completely speaking in Romi's situation but just overall, that included the Jedi Master.

[member="Romi Jade"]

R6 beeped several times as it moved with Odin. "No, I can't say I know any of these people." R6 beeped some more. "You need more friends way more than I do. I have plenty friends." R6 and Odin continued to banter until they came near the group of people gathered. He said nothing to any of them as he just listened in on their conversations. It was how he determined the worthwhile people to talk to.

A child walked up to the pilot ad held up an apple for him. "Ah, is this for me?"

The child nodded and smiled, revealing several missing baby teeth.

"Thank you, little one." Odin took the apple and got himself a large bite of the apple. A crunch came with the bite, of course, as the apple was rather fresh. "Delicious. Thank you again, little one." R6 beeped happily. "Go on, R6. Show the kids that trick you do." The astromech beeped some more then rolled off to the group of children a few meters away. Odin continued standing there, enjoying his apple. Then, one of the Jedi caught his eye. A brown-skinned beauty with an issue speaking proper common. He didn't judge. Common was a hard language. Much harder on most than both. He made note of her for later.

[member="Alm"]

Mesmerized by the ripples in the liquid, she drifted away to avoid the awkward air she'd brought on. Her forehead scrunched up in a sort of despondent response, before she gripped the cup and cradled the heat between her fingers. He answered, and finally she was able to look up again.

"I apologize..." she nodded, "I didn't mean to kill the mood with such a serious topic. I was just curious...and thought you might know." Teynara was...perfectly capable of taking care of herself; she was smarter than you're average student. It was their near-death encounter on Hoylin that brought them together, and later the monitoring of the young girls progress that solidified their sisterhood.

She took a sip, as small at it was; it was the heat that would prolong the process.

And it was their sips that shifted the awkwardness over into something else. Though, she rolled her eyes at his remark before backpedalling and meshing with the solid durasteel wall behind her. She propped up, lining her bottom lip with her teeth in an effort to hold back laughter.

"Next time I'll be sure to ask you for assistance..." she shook it off, "Kahne..." she said before propelling herself forward and setting her cup down. "I never really got the impression you liked me much...so this whole dynamic is a bit surprising to say the least." She couldn't help but bring it up.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

This was a good start, right?

Quvox was more nervous about this than anything in his entire life. That wasn't saying much though, he supposed - he hadn't exactly lived a long one quite yet, though he hoped there wasn't anything he ended up having to worry about more than this. He'd been seeking out the Jedi for a while now, but has intentionally avoided the Republic, the Alliance...they just had a bad history with his people, and that was something he would need more time to get over. It was curious that his people somehow hated the Jedi even more, when he couldn't even see why. They were guardians of peace, right? Protecting the innocent, trying to do good, all of that? That was what he understood of it.

Meanwhile, what of his people? If they weren't fighting and killing each other, they were being paid to fight or kill somebody else at the behest of a Hutt or a government that didn't care for them anyway. He should try and avoid these thoughts, if he could - he was only going to get himself upset, and that wasn't going to help anybody. Least of all the meagre amount of apples he'd collected in this basket so far. Children had been trying to do it themselves when he'd come across them, and he'd been roped into helping due to being tall. Or at least, taller than most of them. It was still so..strange to see this, something he was still getting used to. To see trees with fruit growing on them, grass, plants and wildlife. None of it looked real.

Anxiety was setting in, even as he tried to distract himself with picking fruit. What was he going to say if they asked why he was wearing the mask? What if they asked him to speak up? Were Ubese even allowed? There shouldn't be any reason they weren't, other than pretty much every single thing his people had done throughout history to the Jedi. Still, they weren't hateful without cause, but - he almost caught himself wringing his hands again as he moved closer to one of the rivers, kicking himself mentally. Come on, don't be nervous. Jedi don't get nervous.

He was distracted from the apples by a small commotion nearby, a small group of native kids running over as a man was pulled out of the river, seemingly having been in some kind of trouble. Wondering if he was alright, Quvox moved away from the trees and closer to the small scene, blinking in confusion beneath his mask at what had actually happened, since the young man was now laughing his head off about something, along with the kids, the woman who had fished him out looking pretty amused too. "Are-" The Ubese quickly cleared his throat, his voice sounding like nothing more than a raspy whisper before he spoke louder, more clearly. "Are you alright?" He seemed alright, even if he was soaking wet. Quvox glanced down to the kids, only noticing now how they eyed the apple-filled basket he was holding.

[member="Jace Khel"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"]

"Oh it's alright. You were always quite the mood killer if I recall correctly." Kahne said then took another sip of his drink before setting it down and showing a small smile. "That was a joke by the way." Kahne added as he glanced over to Gala who had just entered the room.

While this by far was the longest conversation that he and Romi had ever had before the ice was broken even further when she inquired if he liked her much, or at all. Kahne chuckled lightly as he finished what little caf he had left and placed it to the side.

"Tell me Romi. What has given you the impression that I don't like you?" Kahne inquired as he looked her in the eyes. "I never not liked you, that must've been something implanted into your mind by someone else." The Jedi smirked and he really wanted to know who that was.

[member="Romi Jade"]

"You gave me quite the scare there. All is well that ends well though, I suppose." The adrenaline that had coursed through Nylea's veins during the rescue effort began to die down, and with that came not only the effects of suddenly jumping into action out of nowhere, but also the freezing cold sensation of the wet clothes she was wearing. She was sore all over and felt like she was burning up, but all she could do was tumble backwards from her sitting position and just lie down in the grass. The chuckling and giggling turned into laughter and the echani couldn't resist its infectious nature, which somehow made her physical condition more bearable. "Just do not blame me if I ever tease you with this in the future." She had never been the kind to make those kind of jokes, but the right was preserved nontheless.

"Are you alright?"

In her fit of laughter Nylea did not notice the approach of another, catching her by surprise as she shot up to see who this person was. "We are alright, or fine, as he said it." The sight of the newcomer was a bit of a curious one, a mask obscuring his face to paint the picture of a warrior, yet in his hand was not a weapon but a basket of apples. That same basket had also quickly gotten the attention from the children, although they did not immediately go after its contents. "He hooked something while fishing, but it was just a bit too big for him to land it." She showed no suspicion or distrust, but instead looked to make sure he felt at ease. His nervosity was not only present in the tone of his voice, but the Force that wrapped around him showed it too.

"I am Nylea. A pleasure to meet you. The one I just fished out of the water is Jace." Nylea's introduction was kept lighthearted. "I came here from the planet of Monastery. How about you?"

[member="Quvox"] | [member="Jace Khel"]

Without admitting any guilt, Zak just wanted to say...

FOOD FIGHT!

In mid-sprint, the small Nautolan dropped into a slide across the slick grass, as a hunk of mashed potatoes went sailing past where his head had been just a moment before.

It was a close call. Not only had it been a projectile, it had been a vegetable. That was bad the whole way around. Suffice to say, the life of a nine year old was not for the faint of heart.

Now, I know what you might be thinking. But this was totally not Zak's fault.

...yeah, who was going to believe that?

The only reason he was even here was because of those Coalition Judges. They'd heard that there was a Jedi Practi-somethingorother and that there would be other younglings there. Cue putting the Nautolan on the first transport headed this way. Ever since the Iron Empire had uncovered the One Sith cloning facility on Glee Anselm, it seemed as though Zak had been getting shipped all over the cosmos by people who didn't want to deal with him.

Anyway, there really were some other kids here. There was even a droid that had been showing them some tricks. But then one of the adults -- Zak was totally blanking on names right now -- had said that it was time for lunch. So the kids had sat around the droid, eating, and talking across to one another.

Well, it was communicating. Not necessarily talking. I mean, it was sorta talking. But it was the youngling version of talking. This mostly involved burping and fart noises. At some point, Zak had told the flying rancor piss joke, and then the boy named Gordo had laughed so hard that bantha milk had shot out of his nose.

The snot-milk spray (which was awesome) had hit a girl named Zandy. Which, in Zak's opinion, was a very good use for snot-milk by the way.

Anyroad, it was like the adults said. It was all fun and games until someone got blasted by snot-milk. Zandy had fired back by pointing her straw at Gordo and blasting him with a juice box and, the next thing he knew, he was sliding across the grass to avoid getting gravied by a handful of mashed potatoes.

Popping back to his feet, the youngling had a harshuun biscuit in his hand like a grenade.

It was dense enough, it might as well have been a rock. Seriously, who was the baker around here? And did Mandalorians know what they were doing to their cultural breads?

Cocking his arm back, the Nautolan had a girl in his sights and was ready to let the biscuit fly...

The Force took away but also gave. Such was the case with Luca - it had taken his hearing but given him a talent in the Force. The ease with which the man communicated through the Force was praiseworthy. Ember's own skills were below par and he'd trained in the ways of the Force ever since he was a child.

"Good to have you both. Luca and Alm." The Jedi Knight nodded, his eyes fixating at Alm for a bit longer sensing her uneasiness. He hoped to ease any tension both might have, Ember could only imagine what step this might've been for both of them. He slightly chuckled at Alm's observation. "Not exactly boss man, you could say the Force is the boss man. You will come to learn that on your way of becoming a Jedi. It's a long and hard path but it's certainly worth it."

He couldn't help but address the curiosity brewing with him.

"Do you two come from the same place?"

[member="Alm"] [member="Luca Jisard"]

Cassus Stoma

C
​Jace had simply clambered up from the bank, a grin still present upon his face as he dripped with water. His arms outstretched briefly, glaring at himself in a t-pose. Almost a if he couldn't believe in his own actions, but then again, he really could. A concept as stupid as this wasn't something unfamiliar to Jace, unfortunately. As Nylea introduced herself and and Jace, he offered a brief wave as if to confirm that he was Jace and that there wasn't an invisible figure hiding in the shadows somewhere.

He waded forwards, stepping up onto the dirt track, "I'll..." He paused momentarily, glancing between the to, "Go find something to dry myself with." Moving off back the way he came in the first place. There was surely something to dry himself with back at the Praxeum itself. He just had to get there first.

[member="Quvox"] - [member="Nylea Apollodor"]

Merrick Sato

M
Oh, sure, he'd travelled. A comfortable upbringing and a Jedi apprenticeship made sure of that, but ever since having the rank of Knight conferred upon him, Merrick had been tied to the affairs of Naboo. Tied to his family, and Evette. In part, it was possible that he went looking for things to do to get away from the sore reminders of what could have been with his erstwhile girlfriend, but the other side of it was that he wasn't a crucial piece of the goings-on of his homeworld or his family, not with the family heir being his older sister. That [member="Chiara Viren"] came into his life at the right moment, and in a way reminded him of his greater purpose, was exactly what he needed to float above what could have been far worse grief.

Still, it was all too fresh. He needed a little more time to compose himself to face new people, in his new reality. The one he hadn't planned. Tugging at his belt, making the heirloom rapier sit comfortably at his hip, the Nabooian swallowed, and jogged down the ramp of his ship; he hauled up the path at a fair pace, catching up to the redhead, catching his breath not so much from the effort, but from the much cooler clime.

"Yeah, peace," he agreed, "I'm," he gulped a breath, dropping into step beside her, "sorry to have kept you waiting."

He crossed his arms over his chest, and rubbed at his biceps through the layers of his coat and clothing. He glanced aside to Chiara as they continued on up the path.

"How are you not a little chilly?"

Now was the hard part.

Actually speaking and having a conversation with others around the place was where he'd probably struggle, but he was going to give it a try. After all, what was the worst that could happen. He'd gotten more and more of a hang on Basic recently, and he felt confident enough to try and talk with it for an extended period of time. He was glad he had the basket though. Something to keep his hands, or at least one of them occupied so he didn't start going off and making signals and symbols with them, being so used to the sign language that was native to his people.

He did quickly raise his free hand as Jace gave a wave, however. Alright, Jace. Easy name. He waved back as the human seemed a bit awkward at first, specifically about him being clogged with water from head to toe on the insides of his clothes, it looked like. It couldn't have been comfortable, and Quvox had to wonder how exactly he'd manage to find himself submerged down there. What could have been big enough to yank him down like that?

His attention was drawn to his side as one of the kids approached closer to the basket, and the Ubese had to hold back a sigh, instead letting out a whispery answer. "One each." The children greedily moved forward, each taking an apple from the basket. He was going to have to make up for those later, but it was fine, only three. Scarce resources or not, Quvox wasn't about to be wasteful, certainly not with food. They better eat those apples.

Quvox was far less nervous now, though he was still a bit awkward when she mentioned his homeworld and asked about his. Well, technically he had been living elsewhere recently. "Quvox. I'm from Jabiim." He paused, trying to think of what else he should say, what was a better way to make conversation in Basic. It was so much easier when he didn't have to think about using the right words. "Are you here to learn, too?" Maybe that was obvious, but she could have known a lot more than him or had other reasons, he didn't know. In truth, he didn't know a lot of things. It was why he was here.

[member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Jace Khel"]

Though [member="Luca Jisard"] could not speak, he seemed comparatively more comfortable than Alm. Perhaps it was age, experience or nature. Or the fact that he had not come here from the Sith. The mountain tribes of Manas were more insular and wary of outsiders, while the people who lived in the desert had welcomed off-worlders more readily. The fact that he was able to see visions was not out of the scope of what she’d learned of the Force on Manas. The fact that he’d been cast out seemed on track, too—the Nasvalo were very leery of how they handled the Force. The most widely known legend of their people depicted a vicious warlord who used the Force to burn over half of the planet with fire, turning lush forests and rolling planes into arid desert.

Alm’s dark eyes passed over [member="Odin Stormbreaker"] as he looked at her and her heart leapt. Her gaze lingered for not more than a few moments, wondering, paranoid if he’d recognized her from somewhere. From a confrontation where they stood on opposite sides. But he did not make any expression of disdain nor did he approach her, so she hoped that all was well.

Her attention tracked back to [member="Ember Farseer"], face a mask of concertation as she listened to his answer. She was much better at communicating in Basic now, but her nerves sometimes made it more difficult. This was also the first Jedi she’d actually encountered ever. Their ways seemed to be a stark contrast from the Sith, at least in scripture.

“Force is boss man, huh…” She let her thoughts trail until Ember followed up with a question.

“Ah…same place, hmm?” She looked over to Luca then back to the Jedi Knight. “Luca and Alm, both Nasvalo, yes. Nasvalo tall, dark skin. Nasvalo from planet Manas. Big desert, some mountain. My family is mountain.”

Her head tilted towards Luca. It was very possible that he was from Manas as well given how their people didn’t start traveling the galaxy until very recently. But that was his story to tell, not her’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom