Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Unwanted Homecoming

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Objective: Find clues to the past
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

div-red.png

Within enemy lines of the empire, a ship flew unnoticed through space. It had done well to keep out of sight as the planet Dathomir came into view, one that held significant importance to a passanger within the shuttle. Silas had been mostly silent beside Valery, only talking if his master asked him a question or order to carry out. He had mostly been stuck in his own mind, not just from the enormous task ahead, but how Silas had been feeling about someone in particular. He knew she had feelings for him, she only proved that at the gala. It was only a matter of how he was going to handle it.

Looking at the planet coldly, it was only a matter of time before they got into their mode. If he was ever going to ask his master a question that would help him in the long run, it was going to be now. Clearing his throat, he finally looked over to his master and asked what was on his mind "Master, can I ask you something?" the teen asked first, hesitantly slightly to try and word it in a way that didn't sound suspicious to Valery

"This may sound like a strange question, especially at this time but... it's about girls as a whole" Silas said, his cheeks almost going bright red from what he was saying "You know if I were to meet a girl one day, what should and shouldn't I do?" that was probably the way to go about it, as long as too many things weren't revealed it was going to be fine.

Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

The trip to Dathomir had been a rather quiet one. Silas seemed to be turned inwards to focus on his own struggles or whatever was on his mind, and Valery had a lot to think about herself. She had been quite stressed lately, and the workload was only getting worse. This trip was no exception — she knew how important it would be to Silas' path as a Jedi, and it was incredibly dangerous at the same time. There was no way back, so she had to keep herself focused.

The long trip deep into enemy territory provided her with the time for it. She meditated and calmed herself by looking out into the stars, and occasionally, she glanced in Silas' direction to see if he needed help or guidance. Soon enough, he finally spoke up when he pushed himself to ask about what had been on his mind.

"Of course, you can always ask me anything."

"You know if I were to meet a girl one day, what should and shouldn't I do?"

Valery blinked, clearly not expecting that question on this trip, but that only meant it really must be important to him. Perhaps it explained why he had seemed so distracted as well...

Her eyes narrowed a little and she tilted her head, "One day, hm?" she chuckled, "Well, we're all different too so it's not that easy to say what you should and shouldn't do. But as cheesy as it may sound, just be yourself — you'd want her to like who you really are, so you can be comfortable around her," Valery said before she gave it some more thought, "Be willing to take some risk as well. You have to be willing to be open about your feelings for her, and ask her what you want. Whether it's going on a date or to become something serious."

She paused again, her fiery eyes piercing into his, "Is there anything specific that concerns you?"

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

Silas quickly nodded once to Valery if it really was something for the future. He couldn't show any hints of something else right now, talking to Valery straight away about a girl he liked was going to be too fast, especially when they were about to start such an important mission. Leaning forwards he listened closely to what his master had to say on the matter. Valery had good experience with relationships over the years if anyone knew a few things it would be her.

After she had given some good points Silas was going to keep close to his heart, her eyes pierced into his which indicated she was slowly catching onto something he didn't want "Uh, no Master. I was just curious that's all" Silas said just before turning his face to hide his red blushing face "Like yourself, I do want to meet someone. I know being Jedi is my life, but sometimes I've got to have a person by my side to keep me grounded and remind myself there are other things other than being a warrior." he said thoughtfully back to her, his face looking more normal when he finally met his masters gaze again.

"Just looking to the future, Master. Nothing more, nothing less..." Silas finished, looking back to the window towards the task at hand "How do you purpose we find my ancestor's homestead?" he asked, side eyeing the amulet where it was being held on Valery

"I presume most of it would have turned to dust by now..."

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Uh, no Master. I was just curious that's all"

"Uh huh," Valery said, clearly not convinced while she listened to him talk about wanting to meet someone special one day. It was a feeling she understood quite well, and even though the death of her husband had really destroyed that part of her life for a while, she still felt drawn to it and knew that one way or another, she'd eventually grow old together with someone. With Silas, though, she just looked at him with a smirk.

"Are you really sure you haven't already found someone, Silas?" Valery asked to be a little confrontational about it. He could hide his blush all he wanted, but she could feel the emotional shifts her questions caused. He was hiding something from her, and as his Master, she should totally be aware of it. "You know there's nothing to be ashamed of, right? I'm not going to stop you from meeting people you're interested in."

Although she'd probably neutralize talk to them if they caused Silas problems.

Finally, she did let the conversation shift back to their mission, and answered his question, "We don't have any solid leads, but we can try to let the Force guide us. Or well, you mostly. With a connection to this planet, I'm quite confident that something will call out to you. We just need to make sure it's nothing trying to manipulate you."

"But that's part of why I'm here."

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

The way Master Valery replied indicated she had been on his case since the start. If his blushing didn't give it away, his emotions surely did "Uh... I-I'm not sure" he admitted honestly, giving a small bit away while at the same time keeping it in wraps for another time to talk about it "I know Master, but right now isn't the right time to dive deep into other peoples feelings. If there is something, you'll know about it soon enough" Silas ended confidently, glaring back into her fiery eyes.

Valery was going to know soon, he just needed to know his feelings were in the right place before the teasing and word of his partner could spread.

Once he had changed the subject, Valery seemed to believe something would call out to him when the time was right. Nodding at her claim he stared right ahead to the planet which was getting closer "I feel if that was to happen I'd need to be on the surface first. Only then will I be able to feel a connection" one way or another this place still had a link deep beneath his soul. It rested secrets that only he would know, that was only if Silas wished to seek them out.

With a rumble, their ship broke through the atmosphere of Dathomir, a place that was riddled with the overwhelming feeling of dark play. No spiritual warriors like them belonged there, so it was only wise to take as little time as possible "The planet is ripe with a permanent sickness, I can feel it" he muttered openly "Has it always been this way Master? even in your time?"

Weapons:
Lightsaber

She chuckled in response to his comments and raised her hands up a little, "Alright, alright, no need to get so defensive," Valery said before she let the topic shift away for now. She understood how difficult young love could be — when she was his age, she lived in a very traditional Jedi Temple where attachments were strictly forbidden. While that wasn't the case anymore, opening up to someone was never easy.

Perhaps he needed a little bit more time.

So until then, she focused on the mission and brought the ship down to the surface. A sickening, dark feeling immediately reached out to her, both because of this planet's long history with the dark side, but also something more recent. She was aware of the Empire killing the nightsisters here, and even those deaths still echoed in the Force.

"This is the first time I've ever been here," Valery admitted honestly, "But it has always been a dark place. Some things have changed, but the core is still very much the same..." she said, as she allowed her senses to expand in an attempt to keep herself alert for any threats watching them.

"Do you feel something already? A faint whisper? A strong call? Anything?"

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

Silas couldn't help but turn away and hide his blush when he called him out for being defensive. Right now, he just wanted to keep it between himself and Thelma until things were certain. Of course, when the time was right he'd tell Valery and the rest, even if it meant getting teased to death or being overwhelmed with unneeded questions. Master Noble was a mother figure to him, it wouldn't be right to hide it away from her forever. She needed to know more than anyone.

When the ship safely reached the ground Silas could feel the same sickening feeling as Valery. The atmosphere was thick with it, a stench that was filled with darkness and misery. For the two of them, it would be the first time feeling Dathomir's uncomfortable welcome "Yes master, it was almost as if the planet was made to feel this way all along. Whatever it used to be had all since gone through time and been replaced with something permanently sinister"

Along with that, something else seemed to be getting more apparent in his head. Silas felt like a mixture of emotions was trying to control his body when first breaking onto the planet. It felt friendly and warm, and even though it hadn't got him to lower his walls it still called for him to see them "I do... ever since we've broken onto the planet something has been calling me closer, almost as if I was a lost child who finally found his way home." it felt so much calmer and welcoming compared to the rest of the planet, and that alone brewed made Silas think of trickery.

"I sense it is not far from here, a short journey at most. We must be on our guard though, I feel whatever is reaching out is trying to lure me into a false sense of security..."

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"We'll be careful," Valery agreed after Silas explained his feelings through the Force and that they should be on their guard. "Dathomir is not a planet we can trust, so no matter what you feel, keep your barriers up and we stay close together." Whatever it was that called out to him, Valery believed it to be a sinister source tied to his family and past. So with her being an experienced Jedi unrelated to him, it only made sense that attempts would be made to separate them.

The call would become so tempting that he'd be provoked into leaving his Master's side.

"The Dark Side can be a veil that keeps you from finding what you're looking for, and it's very strong here. Try to focus and pierce your way through it, and let the Force guide you," Valery said and looked at him more seriously for a moment, "But listen carefully, and separate guidance from hostile intent."

"I'd rather not find out what twisted places we can be drawn into."

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

"Yes Master, I promise to stay close to you," he said with a smile to her momentarily, before reaching down to his seatbelt to unbuckle. If he was going to get through this, he needed to keep mentally strong, Master Valery was going to prove vital in supporting him in doing that. Silas jumped down to the floor of the planet and casually stretched off his arms "I won't let it guide me into a trap. As you said, there are some twisted places on this planet we don't really want to set foot into"

Looking back to Valery, he gave her another warm smile to try and keep up a positive attitude. It was probably for the best considering how depressing the atmosphere was. The feeling he felt was noticeable but not strong right now, the thing he could do was follow and see where it lead. Slowly, Silas began to set off with Master Valery in tow, his eyes keeping an eye out for anything unusual. For the time being, he needed to keep himself upbeat and on the ball. Talking to Valery about what was on his mind seemed for reasonable than the other options.

"Master... I've never really asked but how well have I done since joining the order?" he asked curiously "Do you think I'd be a capable knight if I become one?" Silas had known Valery for years now, which almost shocked him considering the days went fast. They had gone through a lot together, from Kahil dying all the down to Silas saving Vera from getting killed. She was more than a teacher to him, and her opinion was going to help with the task going forwards.

"And uh... thank you for joining me. I don't know if I'd be able to do this alone"

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Absolutely," Valery said in response to his question with a warm smile equal to the one he had offered. Silas had come a long way since they met on Ilum and had gone through both good and difficult times. This journey to Dathomir was going to be the ultimate test of character, and challenge him to draw on everything he learned. Valery believed he could be a fantastic Jedi Knight, but this was the time to prove her right.

"You're getting closer and closer to knighthood every single day, and as long as you remain true to who you are now, to the Jedi you've grown into, you'll be a very capable Knight."

She glanced away briefly to sharpen her senses and make sure that nobody was watching them or preparing to strike. But after she felt nothing of concern, her eyes shifted back to Silas, "It's good that you asked for help. We all have challenges we can't get through alone. The strength of having friends and family is that you never need to be able to do it alone, and that's nothing to be ashamed of."

Valery paused again and drew in a deep breath. They were in the thick of it now, and all that remained was finding the right direction to their destination. "Where are your senses guiding you?"

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png
"You're getting closer and closer to knighthood every single day, and as long as you remain true to who you are now, to the Jedi you've grown into, you'll be a very capable Knight."
"Thank you, Master Noble, I couldn't be as good as I am without you or Master Kahlil," He said back warmly, proud of how far he had become. It wasn't just the Masters, he had to put in the work too. Throughout his training, he had to mentally and physically dig deep to keep going on his path of being a knight. Although, without the Nobles gently encouraging and guiding him along the way he doubted he would have been able to entirely cope with the stress that came along with it

"You guys are more than teachers to me... you're like family"

Silas meant every word, and as he came towards the end of his time as a padawan he hoped he'd still keep close to Valery. He doubted she would let him go entirely anyway, Valery did after all treat him as one of her own "We've both helped each other through tough times, and I'm sure we will have each other for the ones that have yet to come" the boy smiled again, taking a deep breath at the same time as Valery when he felt a thick and suffocating darkness in the distance

"We're... we're here" he answered before slowly coming to a halt and looking ahead. His glare rested on an old stone archway straight in front of them, only a few minutes away at most. The stone was covered in a red, vine like plant that had been growing for generations across the ruin. Around it, there were the remnants of a large structure that had once been standing high and proud. Now it had crumbled into disrepair, long forgotten by those who still trod the planet's surface.

"I can feel it in my bones, my ancestors once walked the same grounds of this place..." he muttered as he began to walk closer, only to hear a deep and proud whisper in his head.

"Welcome home, son of Ituhir"

Silas's eyes widened slightly as he looked back to Valery, a look of concern crossing his face "Something know's we're here"

Last edited:

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Of course. You didn't think you'd get rid of me just because of a knighting, right?" Valery smirked. Her relationship with Iris had remained just as close after she was knighted, and there was no way in her mind that it would be different with Silas. It would perhaps be different, especially as they gained more experience themselves, but she'd always care about them and be willing to do whatever it took to protect or help them.

She knew they felt the same way in return.

Snapping out of that moment, Valery followed Silas until he stopped to look at an ancient structure not too far ahead of them. Its design reminded her of older Sith structures, so she wasn't at all surprised when he made it clear they had found the place. The Dark Side was strong here, almost alarmingly so, but she had taught Silas how to shield himself, and she would be with him to protect him if necessary.

"Something know's we're here"

Valery glanced down and placed a hand on Silas' shoulder, "I feel watched as well, but it's like a cloud is forming around you specifically. Try to resist and fight it, but tell me if you can't. I won't let anything get through to you here," she assured him. Then, after a gentle squeeze of his shoulder, she nudged him towards the stone archway and followed closely behind him to get inside and begin their investigation.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

Silas was doing his best to put into practice what Master Valery had taught him before coming here, and right now he seemed to be doing well against the strange darkness that was trying to find a way into his mind. Whatever was speaking to him was already in his head, but not to the point where it was deep. Thanks to his shield, it wasn't going to be reading his deepest and darkest secrets just yet "It's speaking to me Master, trying to lure me into something I can't get out of. I won't let it do that master"

If he did that, Silas was going to put him and his master in grave danger.

Feeling her squeeze his shoulder, he looked back to give her a calm smile before moving forward from her nudge. The structure before them was ancient and crumbling slowly to pieces. It was clear the whole thing had been left untouched for generations, abandoned to rot away and be a shadow of its former self. When Silas reached the front entrance, he curiously glared inside to see that pieces of the roof had caved in from the elements. However, one thing that kept the same was the putrid dark energy that swamped the very stone that surrounded them.

"I can sense it master, many of my family and walked these halls..." he said back to her, walking forward slightly to look up at a headless statue that looked high and mighty above the rest. It was the size of a Rancor and was detailed splendidly, but over time much of it had eroded "Whoever this was, they wanted to display their power" for now, he could only speculate who it could possibly be.

Suddenly, just when he turned his body back to Valery the echoing of footsteps began rapidly approaching. Although these weren't any regular creatures, four Lesser Nydaks ran towards his master in a mad fury, seemingly avoiding the boy altogether "Master! watch out!" he shouted to her, igniting his lightsaber to try and help her if necessary.

"We have waited many long years for you to come our boy. Yet, you return with the very thing that was our downfall!" this time, the calming voice seemed to show some resentment. Almost as if it had hated Valery all its life...

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I can sense it master, many of my family and walked these halls..."

"Then we've definitely found the right place," Valery said with a slight dip of her head as she looked around at the ancient stone walls and statues. She could swear that she'd never been here before, yet all of it somehow felt familiar to her. Perhaps it was just the recognition of Sith architecture, but that darkness that Silas referred to and kept out spoke to her as well with intense anger deeply rooted within.

As if the walls around her hated her.

"Sith always love to display their idea of power," Valery said after catching his follow-up comment. But before she could say anything more, the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps caught her attention. A tremor of danger went alongside it through the Force, and without wasting even a second, Valery had already drawn the hilt of her lightsaber into her hand. From up ahead, a group of 4 lesser Nydaks came rushing at... her? None of them seemed to focus on Silas at all, and that felt extremely strange to her. Beasts like this were hardly known to coordinate their attacks in such ways.

"I've got it!" She called out and with a powerful jump, she distanced herself from Silas with the goal to draw the beasts along. If they all focused too much on her, Silas would be able to catch them from behind. A violet blade then ignited, and after the first of them jumped up to claw at her, Valery stepped aside with great speed and rotated at her core to sweep the blade up and through its body.

The first was killed, but the remaining three moved after her in pursuit.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

Silas quickly reached for his lightsaber and swiftly ignited the saber while Valery was leading the mutts away from him. For some reason, they didn't seem bothered by him. They were only focused on ripping apart his master, who did well in striking down one of the beasts. He needed to help her, but there was something preventing him from moving forward.

"You do not need her, we are your family Silas. She will always hate you for who you truly are." the voice hissed, trying to convince him that Valery was his enemy instead of a friend. Although, a part of him was wondering if she did truly look at him differently after revealing the harsh truth. Gritting his teeth, Silas chose to push past the conflict and finally run behind the beasts with a burst of speed. Thrusting his saber forwards, he managed to cripple one of them with a stab to one of its legs. When it tried to stand, Silas sent it flying back first into the wall with a powerful force push.

"Promising..."

Suddenly, one of the two left turned to face him with a terrifying snarl. It almost seemed like it was being ordered from an outside power, like to test him in some way. Silas stopped and readied his saber, eyes narrowed to the creature that was stalking him eagerly. Suddenly, it lunged forwards to try and plunge its teeth into his leg. Luckily, he wouldn't get far. Snapping to the right with immense speed, Silas quickly swings downwards to send its head rolling across the floor.

Snapping his head to the last one following Valery he opened his hand to a piece of rock on the floor and swung it at the last monster following Valery, making it unsteady and skid across the floor towards the Jedi Master.

Last edited:

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Her tactics seemed to be working.

By jumping back and creating some distance, she kept the beasts focused on her and positioned them in the most ideal way for Silas to strike them down. There was a moment where he seemed to freeze or hesitate, but the soon-to-be Jedi Knight pushed himself through it all and quickly took down the first of the remaining beasts. Another turned around to attack him in retaliation, but it was dealt with just as quickly.

This left only one alive, and Valery used the opportunity to advance again. With the rock Silas threw distracting it, she exploited the gap in its reaction time to sweep her blade up and through its head, killing the beast instantly. Four of them had charged her, and now all four of them lay dead on the ground.

"Good work, Silas," Valery said with a proud smile in his direction.

"I have a feeling this is only the beginning, so let's keep this up. If we work together, it's a lot easier." With how far he had come, she didn't doubt for a minute that he would have been able to take out all four of them. She could have as well but their cooperation had saved them a lot of time and energy.

"I think it's your turn to lead the way now. I won't leave your side but this is your journey, so you should be leading."

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

Even though Valery could have taken down the beast by herself, he gave her some more breathing room to do what she wanted. Turning, she managed to sweep her blade upwards to the beast's head, leaving it in a heap on the floor to eliminate all those that had come after her "That was... strange" Silas remarked, choosing to keep his saber on just in case there were many more surprises "It was almost as if they were ordered to target you individually at first. Then, when I finally attacked one it was like as if it was testing me"

Valery was right, this was only the start of their uphill battle "Agreed master, I sense they'll be something even more sinister ahead" he muttered to Valery, calmly smiling to indicate he was doing alright "I'll get us moving again master, hopefully not into a trap" he said with a slight chuckle before beginning to walk forwards into a gigantic hall.

To the left and right of them were eroded statues of those who had long since gone. They faced looking down, almost as if they were alive, and watching them walk below. The roof above had also long since collapsed, which would explain why the ground crunched beneath their feet as they walked "I can tell this used to be grand back in the day, something that many would come to see throughout the lands" he explained in curiosity, looking at each one of the unique statues that surrounded them.

"I'd guess they were ancestors of those who were still alive," he said before coming to a halt in the middle, his eyes glaring at a stairway that led up to a stone black throne. There was something dark and uncomfortable about it. Compared to everything else it was pristine and untouched like it had never been affected by the elements.

"I know you sense it..." said the voice more proudly "The power feels good doesn't it? you can do whatever you wanted, even bring the peace you so desperately crave..." it whispered with intent "That necklace your master holds is the key. For those who wear and sit on the throne will become more powerful than they've ever dreamed" he explained as Silas looked back to Valery with an unsure look "You know what your is path Silas..." Silas shook his head and looked back to the unusual scene before them with a frown.

"Master... the dark power coming from that throne... it's-" but before he could finish, a loud roar echoed from behind them, followed by the stomping feet of a large rancor breaking down one of the rotted walls of the hall. Silas spun to face it and raised his saber to the intimidating monster, who was dead set on eating them both this time "I'm going to try and distract it master. Try and knock it over if you can!" he grunted before running to the right to gain its attention.

Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'll get us moving again master, hopefully not into a trap"

Valery snorted and held up a hand in the direction they had to go, "That would be lovely, so keep your senses open," Valery said before she followed after him. Much of the ancient Sith architecture was still intact and in surprisingly good shape, considering how long it must have been here. But it was still easy enough to tell that it had been far bigger a long time ago, and probably much darker as well.

Now they dealt with echoes of that past, and while not as dangerous as the Sith who once roamed these halls, she knew better than to underestimate spirits and corrupted places. Each hallway, each corner, and every staircase felt heavy to walk, and the beasts that had been corrupted by something lingering inside and manipulated to attack them were only the beginning. Far more threatening challenges awaited them.

"Hmm, I feel something..." Valery frowned and turned to Silas — a dark presence lingered around him, and she could feel the way it targeted him. She wanted to help him because of it but realized that this was an important part of his journey. He was keeping the Dark presence at bay himself, so until he needed her help, she was going to have to trust him to handle it. Once knighted, she won't be there for him all the time either.

A loud roar soon interrupted her thoughts, and after turning to face it, she spotted the Rancor charging at them. Her hand slipped down to her side to reach for her lightsaber, but before she could do or say anything, Silas proposed a plan. "Knock it over?" She blinked — it was a Rancor, so it wasn't going to be knocked over easily.

But if that's what he wanted.

Turning her fiery gaze to the side, Valery looked at one of the statues and reached out with her arm. The legs of the person it portrayed were crushed instantly, and using her telekinetic prowess, she lifted it up and flung it towards the Rancor to hit it from behind and hopefully knock it over for Silas.

"Never thought vandalism could be so much fun," Valery muttered with a grin.

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

div-red.png

The rancor charged at both of them rabidly, its large teeth menacingly getting closer with each rumbling step. Beneath its feet the worn stone below cracked, leaving it more unstable than it was. Kicking his feet, Silas broke away from Valery and went behind the statues. To gain its attention he threw loose pieces of stone into the monster's body "Over here!" he shouted until the Rancor switched his attention to him. Turning himself he stomped after him, its claws sometimes reaching in to try and grab him.

"You are strong boy... it's just a shame you haven't seen the truth yet" the voice in his head was starting to make him confused more and more, what did it mean by the truth? was there something that Master Valery had not told him?

Even with the voice trying to win him over he was able to duck and weave from the Rancors attempts and eventually jump back into the middle. Sprinting hard he started heading back to Valery, who already had something in mind "Don't get too carried away!" he smirked just before a statue slammed into the rancor. The creature stumbled and slammed its head into another statue, leaving it to fall to its side in a stunned state. Skidding to a halt, Silas turned around and ran up to the Rancor, stabbing his lightsaber into the brain of the beast to finally leave it motionless.

Silas breathed heavily and turned back to Valery, a small smile crossing his face "Good work ma-" but before he could finish the ground beneath their feet began to give way. The weight of the rancor broke the stone beneath their feet, leaving them to fall a few feet to the stone ground below. His ribs had the brunt of it, thankfully none of them seemed to be broken "Ughhh..." the padawan groaned as he forced his dust covered body to a standing position.

"Are you okay Master?" Silas asked first, checking to see if she was fine before he did anything else. The smell and heaviness were worse down here, they were clearly getting close to something. Igniting his lightsaber, he brought some light to their surroundings. What Silas saw was something he wasn't expecting to find, tombs

"We must be in the crypts, all these tombs have some kind of writing on them"

Weapons:
Lightsaber

Despite her earlier concerns about knocking over such a massive beast, Valery had luckily found a way to make it happen, and Silas didn't disappoint at all in how he followed up. Rancors could require a lot of coordination to bring down, especially if the environment couldn't be used against them, and nothing quite compared to a Master and Padawan working together. With a simple piercing strike of the lightsaber to the beast's head, it was over, and the two were left in silence once again.

"Well done, Silaaaaaa~" she couldn't finish her sentence as the ground beneath their feet crumbled, sending them into a free fall to the level below. Luckily, Valery was able to land on her feet and transitioned into a roll on impact. It wasn't the most comfortable, but she hadn't broken anything and that's all that really mattered.

"Yeah, I'm fine... you okay?" she asked while she dusted herself off and tried to wave some of it away from her mouth. Even the air, while breathable, felt ancient in here. Valery then ignited her own lightsaber to provide some additional light and joined her Padawan to take a closer look around. With dust and debris settling, they got their answer very quickly.

It was a tomb.

"Careful in here," Valery said when he mentioned the crypts. "These tend to be the most dangerous places in Sith structures." From spirits to Sithspawn and other alchemical monstrosities — they were often in places like this. "Do you see or feel anything down here? Something that... seems familiar?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom