Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UNPOPULAR CHAOS OPINIONS

Kestrel Dray

K
I use small font just for Tefka, because I've learned that when someone says they hate something over and over again, it doesn't really mean that they hate it.

People who dog Old Guard writers, slap labels on everyone and worry about being better than the next.

Be better than the Old Guard and be proud of your accomplishments.

What others did in the past on Chaos may not be important to you but it is to the ones who wrote it.

Old, new, does not matter. We are all here for fun.

Chaos is fine.

Get rid of Suggestions/Feedback. It is a breeding ground.

A little salt can go a long way.

Minor Factions should have more effect on the map game

Discord is the best way to destroy your muse for writing on Chaos

Rules can be broken if you're the right person

Removing the Map Game would probably do more good for Chaos than bad

Codex and Factory are pretty much pointless if you think about it

Major Factions are kinda pointless at this moment if you think about it

Superweapons should be more freely used

Events should happen more often

Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris and I should never be in a video chat when alcohol is involved

People should be temporarly banned from Discord while under the influence, stupid stuff happens (raise guilty hand)

Old Guard = Best Guard

Dev Threads should make a return in some shape or form

Invasions/Rebellions are the worse threads to join

Faction/Private threads are the best threads to join

I'm of the school of "speak softly and carry a big stick." Reputation is great. It has its merits. At the end of the day, Vince Lombardi's "Any Given Sunday" speech comes to mind.

It's not about what you've done, even if you've done some cool stuff. People do remember that kind of thing, and there's a lasting impression, certainly.

But it all feels sort of dry to dwell on accolades when we're all trying to write fresh stories. Wanna be a veteran IC? Wanna be Mand'alor? Bet. Do so.

Leave the good old days garbage to in character stuff and let everyone have their moment in the sun. We don't get many.

A big part of doing invasions and any sort of PvP-related thread is doing work before the event, whether that takes the form of submitting factory subs, learning PvP writing fundamentals, getting a feel for your character's strengths and weaknesses in low-pressure PvE/Spar threads, or even assessing the technology and/or capabilities of the opposition. In other words, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Alera Vangelis

A
  • Training threads actually encouraged people to work together more, and discouraged everyone from being the 'greatest', 'bestest', and 'prodigies'.
  • Factions voting in whether or not someone was ready to be given a rank incentivized writers and instilled a sense of accomplishment in what they achieved with their character development.

I N C A P A C I T A T E D
What people who thinks Major Factions should die are thinking when that thought of that:

9d2ef32260d82d445b5472cd4a42810b.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom