Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unfinished Business (Art of Movement training)

Veino nodded, taking deep breaths to match his pulse. It'd been a while since he had such intense work that concentrated both physical skills and the Force. He hadn't a safe chance to spend the time working on it. He walked back to the starting point, took another breath, and ran back towards the log, letting the flow of the Force carry him along. He jumped over the log and landed, dropping down to a roll, albeit a somewhat sloppy roll. He stood back up, swaying a little, and then dropped back down, dizzy.
[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra knew when someone had over worked themselves and this was then. Her feet carried her slowly over to him where she sat down and helped him sit up while keeping him steady, her free hand reaching to a water canteen to hand to him. "Here, drink and just breath, i think you are at your limit for now. Good job though, and nice try at a recovery with the roll, but as i said your body was just too tired."

@Veino Garn

Veino opened his mouth to argue, but then closed it, and nodded, taking the canteen and a slow drink, "Thanks." He took a few moments to quiet his breathing and regain his calm in the Force. She was definitely right. He had been pushing too hard. For now, anyways. In the future, he'd be able to do more. But for now, he'd have to train his humility to accept his limits. "Can I ask you a question? A personal one, I mean?"

Alexandra Feanor

"Go ahead, not many questions i dont answer so im sure yours wont really hinder me too much in my ability to answer you." She sat back and put her weight on her hands as she placed them on the ground behind her like supports. Out of habit though her head did tilt slightly as she tapped her fingers too. @Veino Garn

Veino nodded, pushing his hair away from his eyes, and took a deep breath, "When we first met, you mentioned..." He winced slightly and fortified the emotional barriers, not that they'd been needed too badly last time, but it never hurt to have them up, "You mentioned your early training and where you wanted to go, but how did you end up here, who you are now?"

Alexandra Feanor

"Hmm, very good question.... how did i end up here like this..." She tapped her leg as she sat there and watched the sky for a few moments before jsut shrugging at this questions before speaking. "To tell the truth, i found my path, teaching all those that want to be taught without a single order, affiliation, or person holding me back but my own. That is why i can train Sith, Jedi, or people like you and me, because we are free to do as we wish without such. So to answer your second question, i am nothing more than a teacher."

Veino nodded, listening, and picking at grass again, listening, and dropping the emotional shields, since there was no sudden change in emotion like there was last time. He was grateful for that, and contemplated her answer. "That's understandable, then." Or it seemed too. He'd have to think through it when he wasn't quite so exhausted. "Any luck on the hermit part I think you mentioned?"

Alexandra Feanor

"Give it about twenty or thirty more years before i become a hermit, otherwise ill miss all the fun in the galaxy and we cant have that now can we?" She smiled at him and stopped tapping her leg to lean forward and look at him closely, almost to close as she was in Veino's personal space, studying his eyes. "How come you want to know Veino? Something wrong with me not living in a leaf hut?" @Veino Garn

Veino nodded with a smile, "No, no we couldn't. And no, nothing wrong." He paused, trying to find the right words. "I'm just... lost and wondering how you knew where your path took you." His had ended up in the wrong places every time. First the Army of Light and then the Imperium. Every time he'd joined a group, it had ended up collapsing and he had to again find his own path. He just kept going off-trail and getting lost.

Alexandra Feanor

"Because you following the path of others and not your own, even now you are asking me as to how i found mine, but you wont be able to use that information in the least." She tapped her hand on the ground as she spoke. "My only advice is this, find who you are, find what it is you want to be, and then when you find that follow it until your death or you will be lost to the flow of time and the evils of your own creation."
@Veino Garn

Veino gave a wry nod. "Right. Know who I am or face evils of my own creation." What evils could he have created though? There weren't any he could think of. Perhaps he would create some he didn't know about. "I'll have to meditate on that then. Or write it out, I suppose." He wasn't sure why he hadn't done that before, but then he realized it was because he'd never considered it before.

Alexandra Feanor

"You are over thinking it Veino, be who you are and what you are, do not do something that you think is right. What you must do is what you feel is right in your path, even if that brings you to become no better than the Sith, as much as i hate to say that. But some people are just born that way, a lust for power is what they find themselves wanting which is why i say this now." She laughed and waved her hand. "Don't meditate on it, don't even think on it, just follow where your heart leads you, it is the truest thing in your body ironically even more so than your own mind."

Veino nodded slowly, thinking about not thinking, and trying to decide if that was a paradox, a fact of life, or if they were just the same thing that led into a spiral of confusion. So, he stopped. "Act on instinct then. Don't think. Just go. Am I understanding correctly?" That was probably correct. It had been one of the most difficult aspects of learning the Force for him, was learning to stop thinking and act. He still struggled with it. It's probably why he was struggling with this Art of Movement. "I did that once. It ended with me being sliced to ribbons by a Sith apprentice on Togoria."

Alexandra Feanor

"Well... i guess it doesn't apply to everything, but its a good philosophy for your path in life rather than your actions taken to get on that path... Im talking in circles now, sorry about that." She rubbed her neck as she sat back and laid down with legs still crossed out in front of her. "Hmm... how did your experience with this Sith end exactly, did he spare you, or was he routed?"

Veino nodded, "That would probably be true, it's nothing to worry about." He paused, thinking back to Togoria. "Neither. She was called off to assist her allied forces after taunting me for a bit." He gave a slow shrug. "And burning scars all over me." Not the most glorious, or even bittersweet defeat. It was embarrassing to be frank. "I ended up passing out and getting medevac'd from the injuries."

Alexandra Feanor

"No shame in passing out after or during a battle, i do it often lately, for some reason i just black out and then oddly barely remember what i did or what i was thinking. Only flashes and glimpses mostly, like looking through the lens of a camera, i only see that singular moment... but i always come out alive so i must have won right?" She smiled at him and continued to speak to him while he sat there slightly embarrassed. "Plus, trust me, i used to never win anything so don't worry about your one loss. Whats so great about winning anyways, it gets boring and you don't learn anything from succeeding."

Veino nodded slowly, concern spreading across his face, "That does not sound good. Have you consulted anyone about it?" He realized that may have been too personal, so he clamped his mouth shut, and then opened again, "Winning at least makes staying alive more likely." He had seriously doubted he'd survive that duel, which would have been unfortunate. It would have cut his career very short.

Alexandra Feanor

"Consulted about what, my black outs? Come now, if i was in any danger from them i would have been dead by now, or at least had a hand cut off. No, i always come out of it well so even if i do lose in those instances, that just means i impressed who or what ever i was fighting. Plus trust me, winning is boring, you dont get to improve if you win and that just gets sour after a while." [member="Veino Garn "]

Veino gave a slow shrug, concern written across his face. "If you say so. It's still very dangerous, I think." Losing memory of events and then winning a duel were not good. In fact, he had a feeling they were very bad. He twisted around, stretching out the muscles. "I think I shall run a few more tries, unless you think it's a bad decision."

Alexandra Feanor

"Go on, only top yourself if you are close to injury. I came by to help you, not stop you from improving yourself in the time that you have allowed me to do so in." She rested her chin on her hands as she sat there and watched him as he would continue, going back to studying ever detail that she could. @Veino Garn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom