Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unfinished Business (Art of Movement training)

Veino took a deep breath, calming himself, looking up at the rugged terrain before him. This could be a little more difficult than learning in the Imperium's training hall. But, he didn't have access to that anymore. So, the wild would have to do.
He started running, a light jog, reaching out to the Force at the same time, trying to channel it into his legs to move faster. The world began to blur past him, faster and faster. Then he tripped, sprawling onto the ground and skinning his knees. He let out a sigh. So close? Or not? He picked himself back up slowly.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra had been watching him, heck thats all she seemed to do with her current issue of pregnancy darn it. Stalk people and watch them train, at this point her bulge was more than noticeable, though not large yet so she still moved with ease. "You ok over there, i hear grass taste good, mind telling me if those people that told me were telling the truth?" She walked out into his view, moving towards him and waving her hand. "Hello there, been a while since we had a chat." @Veino Garn

Veino looked up, spitting grass out of his mouth, bitterness etched across his face. "They lie." He finished standing, and stood, "It certainly has." He paused, remembering. "Not even sure I remember which planet we were on. Dantooine, wasn't it? I was still fairly fresh from IK training, then."
[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

"Ya, Dantooine, you have a tendancy to fall when im around, dont you now?" She smiled as she stood there and held out her hand to him, waiting for him to shake it. Though there would be two noticeable differences between now and the last time he met her. For the moment her hair was Jet black, which if the man took the moment he could sense that there was something living that made her hair look that way. The second and more noticeable thing was that there was now a bulge in her stomach, a clear hint as to a new life growing. "Well, it is good to see you again." @Veino Garn

Veino nodded, and shook the leaves off before shaking her hand. "Yeah, I do. Not that I don't fall down when around others as well." He shrugged, "Maybe I'm just uncoordinated. And you've changed some, I think, since last time. Still planning on becoming a pile of dust?"

Alexandra Feanor

"Ya, didnt you tell, im already bloating so any day now i should start becoming much more skeletal." She smiled and took a seat on a nearby stone, careful to drop to the seat slowly as she looked on at @Veino Garn and waiting to see how this conversation goes. "What are you attempting to improve if i might ask?"

Veino nodded solemnly. "You are certainly on your way to achieving your ultimate goal then." He gave a half-smile and worked to stretch out his legs again so they didn't stiffen up. He hated when that happened. It always seemed so much more painful than it actually should be. "I'm trying to improve my art of movement." He surveyed the ground he skidded across with a glum look. "Never had a chance to finish that training."

Alexandra Feanor

"I could help you a bit if you dont mind, Force Speed is one of my mainly used augmentation powers... i mean im no master but i never got to see you in action on Dantooine so i am interested in how good you are." She rested her chin on her hand and smiled at Veino, waiting for his answer to her offer, wondering if he would accept and where she would start. She knew how to do it, but to teach it was something that is far harder than it sounds. @Veino Garn

Veino gave a small nod, "I would appreciate that, certainly. One defeat in a lightsaber duel with a Sith was enough for me." He suppressed a shudder. "I'd very much like to avoid that happening again." He could almost feel the scars, though they had all faded enough to be invisible. "Even if not a master, anything would help."

Alexandra Feanor

"I may not be a master, but i certainly am able to help you with your powers Veino." She remembered his name easily and sat down on her knees, her lower legs tucked under her while she waited for him to start. "Ill watch and see what you do, study how you move the force around you."

Veino nodded, and took a deep breath, slowing his thoughts and calming himself, letting the Force gush in like a river filling a new channel. It filled him, and he froze it with a goal in mind, giving the Jedi's serenity a harder edge. He started running, using that frozen determination to push himself to move faster, trying to keep the Force flowing at the same time so he'd be aware of everything around him as well. Ground began flashing by at faster and faster speeds as he ran, but he started to stumble in places.

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra watched intently, her eyes scanning over every movement, every flow of the force that he created or changed. Her hand resting under her chin as she sat there and studied the man as he began to pick up speed, he needed adjust slowly to the speed, hes running too fast too soon. She would wait for him to either stop or otherwise, letting her comments be to herself and silent. @Veino Garn

Veino widened his eyes. A log was ahead, even though he couldn't really see it. He just knew it was coming. He waited, continuing to run, and then jumped, the surprising amount of force sending him off balance. He began to rotate, and caught his foot on the log. He slammed into the ground and skidded to a halt.
It hurt. A lot. He coughed, or tried. No breath was left at the moment. The world was spinning, or rather, since most worlds spin, he could actually perceive it spinning. Except it seemed to be spinning the wrong direction. He gave a feeble smile. It was better than the last try.

Alexandra Feanor

She stood and walked over to veino, her eyes scanning over the area and looking at the log that he had hit before speaking up to him. "You know, youre not suppose to hit the log but go over it. You did roll quite a bit though." She reached down and held out her hand to him, waiting for him to take it before she helped him up. "It seems youre focusing on running more than the other part about it, that and you arent compensating for the speed."

Veino took her hand and started standing, slowly and a little unsteadily, buy still standing. He gave a vague nod. "Not supposed to hit the log? never knew that..." He paused to catch his balance again. "Compensate for speed? What's that mean?"

Alexandra Feanor

"You are moving faster in a single direction, making it harder to get up to the right height before your body propels you into the log and then your head into the earth below you. You will have to jump earlier than normal to get over such obstacles for the time until you grow accustom to the strain you are putting on your muscles." She stepped back and studied him for any injuries. "Are you going to go again or do you need help with something less... accident prone." She smiled, the joke meaning nothing more than just that, a joke.

Veino nodded slowly, "That makes sense now. I'll keep that in mind." He shook out his arms and rolled his neck, stretching it back out. "I'll do it until I accomplsih it, but healing might be the next thing I study." He gave a crooked grin and wiped some blood off a small scrape. He jogged back to his starting point, performed a few more stretches and then started running again, repeating the process with the Force, except jumping sooner this time. He soared over the log and landed, staggering slightly and swaying, but remaining upright.

Alexandra Feanor

"Good, keep doing that until you can jump from the normal place you would if you werent augmenting your speed, the goal is to become so accustom to the speed that it is like you had always ran with it, keep retrying it until you cant do so any more." @Veino Garn

Veino nodded, and pulled some grass out of his air. "Right." Just like Bastion again. Except without the strange liquid to wade through and expensive obstacle course. This was somehow better though. More valuable. He ran again, relaxing this time, and trying to flow with the Force, only half-guiding his feet, and letting them take the direction they were prodded. This left a tight knot of unease in his stomach though, as he never quite knew where to touch the ground. He jumped again, closer to the first spot, but not all the way there, and landed wobbily again, but not quite as much.

Alexandra Feanor

"Good good, try again, jump from the same place as before, but this time focus on the landing rather than getting over the log now that you can from that distance." She tapped her hand as she studied him, he wasn't fast enough that she couldn't yet but she would be interested to see the moment when he was that she needed the force to help her watch him move through the air and land. @Veino Garn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom