Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexpected Bonus (The Moross Crusade Dominion of Q-27)

[member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Crystal"]

"Governments are like kids with bugs. I'd conceal it because it's the way of governments to step on things before they notice'em, and to pick'em up to keep when they're shiny. Every now and again you find a bug that's worth, say, a fortune in aurodium ore. And it's the prettiest, shiniest, most harmless bug around. Maybe the first kid loves the bug for what it is, pins it in a nice glass box, but soon as the second kid sees what the first one's got, he pulls the wings off for fun.

"I'm the third kid. I'm the one that picks the bug up off the permacrete and puts it back in the tree. Now take that clumsy analogy, multiply it by bucolic acephalous pacifist utopia and also home, and you might start to get some idea of how I feel about what the nearest charts call System Q-27. Oh, and toss in the fundamental incompatibility of their religion with yours. This planet has never had war, warlords, government or deities, Ambassador. Not ever. It's not a place for crusades, or power, or gods, regardless of their benevolence."

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
"A home I can understand you should want to protect - a shield the Crusade can be, if this secret must be kept. Surely you have seen the destruction wrought by the Horde, a sad afair for all involved and of great concern to our Lords. It is why to Ceto we have made haste to go, and why now we return with seeds of security to sow. Would you not be relieved to have our might on your side? It is the least we can do to return the help of the allied."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Loxa Visl"]

"Your finding this system was a once in a thousand years kind of shot," he said. "But you start putting down roots, there's no tellin' what the Horde will notice, or the fething Feds on Svivren or Adarlon. So I get to balance your presence with its goods and its bads against the status quo, which is this.

"No traffic here. Nothing to draw the Horde's eye. And enough I.O.U.'s in my pocket to make the Horde vanish overnight if they came knocking. Oh, it'd be messy, and that world down there might even find out there's something more to stars than just their shine, but I've spent my whole life helping people, Ambassador. There's folks would come when I call. Alone, my wife and I could beat a Horde incursion, but we wouldn't be fighting alone.

"That's the status quo. Would I prefer you just...kept moving? No question about it. Can I stop you from making bases on the moons? Not without consequences for my people. Would I take a couple moonbases insystem over a single Crusader setting foot on Q-27? Oh yeah. But that's not something I'd call relief. I know sooner or later, no matter how strong your promises are, someone's gonna land there. Someone's gonna try to drill a nice obscure aurodium mine, maybe mindwipe a couple of sailors, play things..." He made finger-quotes. "'Subtle.' So if I'm coming on strong now, it's in hope that you'll put one fact at the top of every report, every document, every scan involving this world."

He leaned forward, planting his elbows on the table, and his eyes gleamed with hyperlight.

"It is defended."

[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Loxa Visl"]

Crystal wasn't entirely surprised to hear what he had to say. There was a reason that the world was primitive by the standard in the galaxy. She was going to listen some more before speaking, because this was not the time to be misunderstandings. Crystal would give it all time to process before responding.

Loxa in the mean time, did offer a response. She offered protection for the world, to help keep it secret. He argued that us finding the planet was a long shot and that we would attract the Horde. He made it clear that the world was not defenseless. The Sith Princess was curious as to how the singing priestess would respond, and so she waited a little longer before replying.

[member="Crystal"] [member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Anaudius"]

As Crystal and Loxa to meet up with their guest Siara left the mess herself, she went to her office to anyone who knew her well, which really wasn’t anyone she was obviously frustrated but she was being paid to see this missions’ success so she knew when to excuse herself. Those meeting with their guest had the interests of the Crusade in mind and she could get an update afterward, there wasn’t really anything she could offer in this meeting anyway. Unless of course their guest made a nuisance of himself, then she would be more than happy to vent him out the nearest airlock.

Sitting down at her desk the Kiffar woman tapped her comm unit. “Captain, I want the security feed from the conference room fed to my office, and begin scans of the system as a whole. I want to know if there are any other surprises out there before they happen.”

“Acknowledged, patching the feed through now, I will report anything we get on sensors.” The Captain replied.

Shutting off the comm Siara turned her attention to the security feed, quietly observing the discussions as she leaned back in her chair and kicked her feet onto her desk.

Blackthorne

The Priestess fell silent for several long moments after Jorus finished. Pensive, she gave her reply great consideration.

"There is another planet that we keep secret and safe. It is under the strict protection of our Aesir Inari," Loxa lifted her golden gaze, eyes like a hawk, and settled them upon those of the Gatekeeper that sat before her. The glint of his own was not missed, nor was his passion on the subject.

"The Aing-Tii. None are granted passage less they have direct permission and accompaniment from the Aesir herself. Would it please you to speak with her?"

[member="Loxa Visl"]
[member="Crystal"]
[member="Siara Vorru"]

Jorus was quiet then, for a long few moments, eyes flicking from Visl to Crystal. He leaned back, folding his arms.

"I know of Inari. I'd be happy to meet with her."

A slow grin spread over his face, the kind of grin that blended satisfaction and a certain proprietary awareness.

"As a matter of fact...this ship has, what, a class one hyperdrive? If she's available for dinner, I can get this ship to your god before the entree gets cold."

Not possible with a class one, unless she was nearer than Crusade space, or unless she was actually elsewhere on the diplomatic ship. Not possible with a class one...except they wouldn't be travelling at class one.

"Not an offer I make lightly."

Blackthorne

Beneath her hood, the Priestess' brows raised, curious as to the man's intentions.

"I am intrigued, Jorus Merrill, but this ship is not under my command. I cannot elect to send it anywhere, that decision remains with Crusader Vorru. I can speak to her and get in touch with the Aesir. Alternatively, I can send a request to the Aesir for a holocall, if that would suffice."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Loxa Visl"]
[member="Siara Vorru"]

Jorus glanced up at the security camera. "Vorru, eh? Well, let's ask her."

Having recently had his own ship torn up around him, he could well understand the average ship commander's twitchiness at having an unknown quantity aboard. Either she or an officer would be watching.

Watching the meeting proceed Siara was curious how their guest intended to get back to Crusade space that quickly. She considered the fact that he could just be boasting to inflate his own ego but something gave her the sense that was not the case and she knew better then to discount the possibility that he was some kind of force user, there certainly seemed to be a lot of them out here in the galaxy as a whole. At the very least her current occupation brought her in contact with them more regularly then she had been used to back home.

Anticipating that [member="Loxa Visl"] would want to place a request with her before proceeding with anything Siara opened a comm to the Captain again. "Establish a connection back to Crusade space. Tight beam and highest encryption please, we don't want to accidentally reveal our prize before we can establish our presence here."

"Understood, who should I be looking to establish a connection with?" The Captain asked curiously.

"Whomever can put us in contact with Aesir Inari, tell them it is not particularly high priority but mention we have made contact with a [member="Jorus Merrill"] so the Aesir can decide for herself if this needs her attention. Once we have a response I want it forwarded to me immediately." Siara stated plainly as she kicked her feet off her desk and stood up to leave the room. "Cut the video feed to the terminal in my office, I am going to meet our guest personally."

"Very well Commander." The Captain replied before cutting the comm to go about his assigned task.

Having now cooled down the Kiffar woman started down the hallway towards the conference room, she stepped into the room just as Jorus glanced up at the security camera and requested that she be asked something. Having not been watching the video feed for the past few moments she didn't know where the conversation had headed but she had a sense though she figured it was best not to create another incident.

"Ask me what exactly?" Siara asked, she was just outside the man's field of view and didn't much care if her sudden appearance startled him at all. She hadn't bothered to disarm herself, she was still carrying blasters on both hips ready to use them if the need arose. Her brief evaluation of this man through the security system gave her the sense that he wasn't aggressive, perhaps a touch arrogant and protective of this planet to be sure but she didn't feel he would cause them any harm unless they started something.

[member="Crystal"] [member="Amorella Mae"]

[member="Siara Vorru"] got a nod of acknowledgement, one ship captain to another.

"Whether you'd like me to get us back to Moross space so that the Aesir can join us for dinner. Assuming she's interested, of course."

[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Siara Vorru"] [member="Loxa Visl"]

Crystal continued to follow the conversation between Loxa and Jorus, and Aesir Inari was brought up as well. Well that would complicate things a little more than necessary, in her opinion. But, he'd already heard of her so that was a least slightly promising.

However, the Sith Princess raised an eyebrow at the suggestion that they return to Exocron to talk to her. That seemed counter productive. Wouldn't a holo call be sufficient? Still, she didn't interrupt. Loxa seemed to have the same thought that she did about the holo call, but he seemed determined that they would be traveling.

Siara returned. Involving yet another person in the conversation. She blinked then stood up.

"Let us contact Aesir Inari then, and see if she is available to speak with." The Sith said, looking to Siara, who had likely already put the call in. Hopefully they wouldn't have to delay discussions too long...

Aing-Tii

The message came through on a personal comm link kept by the Aesir during her time spent with the Aing-Tii. Though duitiful to tending her needs, the strange creatures had a wholly different way of communicating that didn't often work well for efficiency's sake. Inari was amidst a session of healing meditation surrounded by her devoted Aing-Tii when the call came through. The Aesir was still healing from her run-in with Mikhail Shorn and dealing with the lingering effects of the darkside star during the invasion of the Silken Asteroids.

She was surprised to learn of Jorus Merrill's presence on this newly discovered planet, but pleased all the same.

Inari responded with coordinates of a rendez-vous point just outside of the Aing-Tii system, one that hosted a moderately sized fueling station and served as a way-point during travels that kept Crusade non-essentials out of Aing-Tii space.

Taking up her robes, she communed with her alien hosts. Jorus might have his trick to quick travel, but so did the Aing-Tii.

[member="Siara Vorru"]
[member="Crystal"]
[member="Jorus Merrill"]

“The call has already been placed, we are simply waiting for a response, I am curious though, how do you intend to get this ship that far that fast without causing some kind of damage? I do have the safety of the crew and it’s passengers to take into account, I am sure you understand my hesitation.” Siara stated looking at [member="Jorus Merrill"] knowing full well that was what was expected of her.

As she waited for the response from their guest Siara received notification of the response from the Aesir giving them coordinates to proceed to. She would wait to see what their guest had to say before revealing that information though.

[member="Siara Vorru"]

"Some ships go point-seven-five; some very fast ones go point-five. Silk makes a starfighter that goes point-four. The tramp freighter on your screens has gone from one end of the galaxy to the other at point-two, peaking at point-one-eight. Your sensors should confirm higher-than-average Cronau radiation left over from its last jump, just like they'll confirm that the only structural stresses it's got are incidentals, from a Dark Lord getting uppity with my hull plating before I spaced him."

"I have yet to see a ship capable of traveling that fast, I would be most interested to see how it is done, and if that ship of yours has gone as fast as you say and survived it I am certain the Aurora can handle it." Siara stated. "We have received permission to join the Aesir, she has transmitted coordinates for us to meet her. What do you need access to to get this ship there that fast keeping in mind that if I even get a sense that you are going to try something that risks this ship or the crew I will shoot you."

[member="Siara Vorru"]

He closed his eyes throughout her commentary, and as she finished, he opened them. Though they hadn't jumped yet, hyperspace light danced in his retinas.

"You don't shoot the podracer while you're in the saddle, lady."

With a nod to [member="Loxa Visl"] and [member="Crystal"], he leaned back in the chair beside the dinner table, and put his mark on the Force in a way that only a highly specialized, Duinuogwuin-trained Master could do. The Aurora's hyperdrive did not engage but, sideways, the corvette leaped to hyperspace. Instinct was good enough for gross direction, for the initial move.

The sensors which would have registered a normal jump as class-one began reading point-seven-five.

Blue-white gaze focused elsewhere, beyond the bulkheads, Jorus half-turned toward Siara. "Mind showing me the coordinates?"

As [member="Jorus Merrill"] started his demonstration Siara couldn’t help but be skeptical but when the ship lurched sideways throwing her slightly off balance until the ship’s anti-gravity plating compensated for the acceleration. Her earpiece was a flood of confused and concerned sounding voices all at once. Looking out the nearest viewport and seeing the swirls of hyperspace took a moment to she regained her balance. She looked at their guest and then back out into space before activating her comm unit and drowning out the voices with her own.

“The ship is not in any danger, it would seem our guest has arranged for transport, record the readings of all sensors and feed them to my pad.”

As the comms quieted and the ship’s crew returned to their new assigned duties Siara down at their guest who was asking for her to show him the coordinates of their destination. She paused for a moment taking it all in before pulling out her datapad and bringing up the coordinates on the screen for Jorus to see.

[member="Siara Vorru"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Amorella Mae"] Loxa Visl

Crystal nodded to Siara in acknowledgment that Aesir Inari had already been contacted. And she sat silently as the Commander inquired as to just how the faster travel would be possible. She wasn't aware of technology, so perhaps it was the Force that could shorten the length of their journey.

In a few moments, her suspicions were confirmed. The Force was most definitely at work here. Good for him for mastering the method of travel, it certainly would save him a great deal of time and resources in the long run.

With their journey under way, she signaled for their refreshments. "Very impressive, Jorus."

[member="Siara Vorru"] [member="Crystal"][member="Amorella Mae"]

"What can I say. Some people swing glowsticks, some people chuck thunder, some people crochet. Everyone's got their thing."

Without the assistance of the ship's hyperdrive, getting this ship to his full speed over long distance wasn't an option -- but the coordinates were mercifully short. Which meant he could really push it. Bridge readouts began displaying odd, impossible, even frightening numbers. They hit point-three by the time the sideways diplomatic corvette dropped out of hyperspace outside the Aing-Tii system. The corvette skidded into realspace not far from that fuelling station. Hands shaking, eyes no longer glowing with hyperlight, Jorus sat up and stood. He moved to the nearest window.

"Sanhedrim ship. Pretty. Nice ride for a god."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom