Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexpected Bonus (The Moross Crusade Dominion of Q-27)

Aboard the Nexu-class Corvette Aurora in orbit of Q-27

A couple weeks later after completing their mission on Ceto the crew of the Aurora returned to the planet designated Q-27. Siara was still in command of the mission, their mission to Ceto had been fruitful. During their time there she had been in constant communication with the survey ship that had been dispatched to investigate the value of this planet to the Crusade. She had studied the star charts that now included this planet and by her estimation this planet had a great deal of value but the survey ship had revealed so much more than they had originally estimated, apparently this planet’s crust was rich in Aurodium. So rich in fact that once their mission was complete here Siara intended to negotiate a percentage of the profits from mining that would no doubt follow be included in her standard fee. The Crusade had been quite generous so far but they obviously had deep pockets so she didn’t see the harm in negotiating a better position for herself her pockets were deep as well but for the most part empty and she meant to change that with this contract with the crusade.

Returning to the mess of the Aurora which was becoming the informal meeting space for this mission team over the past couple weeks Siara acknowledged the entire group. “Welcome back to the planet designated Q-27. As you all know from your mission briefing our survey ship has discovered a great deal about this planet, we know it is inhabited though there has been no effort from the surface to make contact. We believe the inhabitants of this planet are stuck in a pre-space travel era of development they ought to be quite susceptible to the word of our gods.” Privately Siara was scoffing at the idea that these force users were gods but to a great many of those she worked with there was no greater sin then the suggestion that their gods were somehow false and she wasn’t about to start a fight over religion not with a mission on the line.

“The primary mission is to identify any leaders of this planet and establish contact with them, once that is done we will be negotiating the planet’s integration into the Crusade, we will be offering medical technology and resources in exchange for access to the planet’s surface to establish a permanent base here. Once we have successfully negotiated permanent access the force users amongst us will begin demonstrations of the gifts the gods have bestowed upon them. If these beings are as backwards as we anticipate it will not be difficult at all to establish our religion as the primary religion of this planet. That completed we will begin negotiating for mining rites. Our survey of the planet indicates it is rich in Aurodium. That is secondary though, it is imperative we establish this planet as a refueling station for transit to Ceto to bring the wealth of its trade routes to fund our military and economic goals for the entire sector.” Siara looked up from her datapad at the team leaders. “Questions?”

Mission Objectives:
  • Establish contact with inhabitants of planet
  • Offer medical technology and resources in exchange for access to planet and rites to establish the base
  • Dazzle local population with demonstrations of the force and higher technology
  • Establish the Moross Crusade as the primary religion of the planet
  • Negotiate mining rites with local population

[member="Crystal"] [member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Vascious Relens"] [member="Piraiba"] [member="Brill"] [member="Nero"] [member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Amorella Mae"] [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Aboard the Nexu-class Corvette Aurora in orbit of Q-27
In the mess hall...

[member="Siara Vorru"] arrived in the mess hall to give her briefing. Crystal on the other hand had been in the mess hall for hours, merely observing those around her. It amused her to read the thoughts of those unaware of her intrusion. It was like reading a novel with each one. Each with their own mystery and intrigue. But play time was over for now.

She felt that this planet would be even easier to dominate than the last. It was so primitive that it was almost too easy. But she wasn't counting her chickens just yet... When her companion called for questions, there was almost a sense of deja vu to those that were present at Ceto.

"Who will be meeting with the locals?" She inquired. Of course she intended to as well.

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
Loxa, seated across from Crystal, inclined her head from beneath her hood, "I will," she offered again, "Aesir Inari has provided us with a host of Doctors, Medics and Healers. I am not a skilled Healer myself, but a show of their blessed powers on the sick and injured would be a powerful form of persuasion."

Though intel on this newly discovered planet was vague at best, it certainly allowed them various tactics. If these people were as isolated as they believed, it may even be possible that they were not aware of the Force, which would only lend credit to the powers that be of Moross.

Q-27 had been isolated for, oh, a thousand years or so -- record-keeping was an imprecise art around here -- and in that time had seen exactly one outside contact, apart from the long-buried cryogenic Brodo Asogan mission. The Brodo Asogan base, isolated in a volcanic caldera, was shielded by a cloaking device. The Brodo Asogans didn't notice much these days.

Leaving responsibility for answering the phones entirely up to the YV-929 currently parked under sixty feet of crystalline lagoon on the planet's nightside. Once sensors verified that nobody was around to see, the ship rose, engaged its cloaking device, and slipped out of atmosphere. Only once it drew near the Moross ships did it disengage the cloak.

"This is Captain Jorus Merrill of the Gypsymoth to the Moross Crusade vessel Aurora. This world isn't ready for galactic contact and offers no net benefit to the Crusade. What are your intentions for this system?"

[member="Amorella Mae"] [member="Siara Vorru"]

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Aboard the Moross Crusade vessel Truth's Light, blue eyes like infinitely deep wells stared through a viewport at the ship which had just dropped a cloak. The owner of those blue eyes shifted, reaching up a hand to adjust his mask. The scar pained him today, more than usual, like acid eating through skin. He could almost imagine the hiss of dissolving flesh. Anaudius set his teeth against the pain. He would let others respond to the man with so many questions. Anaudius himself prepared... other measures in case the mysterious man did not like the answers to the questions.

The Leper of Liad could see in the man's questions a deep lack of faith. He saw alternative causes. The simple answer and the best, in Anaudius' mind at least, was to tell him that the Moross Crusade was here to spread the true religion and save thousands of souls. Unfortunately, he doubted such an answer would sate this man. He doubted it very much indeed.

Crystal nodded in acknowledgment of Loxa's offering. "I agree. I am glad to have you along once more." She could heal herself, and others, but not without cost. It wasn't something she did without great need. Draining the life from one life form for another was not the answer when there was more than efficient technology, and healers to repair damage instead.

A transmission came, and she wondered what the reply would be. It certainly would not come from her. Perhaps one of the Aesirs would answer, or [member="Siara Vorru"]...

Sitting in the back of the room this time, I smiled. The woman, a non force user from what I could tell, was leading this mission onto the planet designated as Q-27. hell of a name for a new planet. Different yes, perfect, no. I smiled as I was dressed for anything. Though I kept my armor at home, There was no need for it on a diplomatic mission. At least there shouldnt be.

I watched as [member="Crystal"] once again was the first to speak up. Followed by the Ambassador [member="Loxa Visl"]. it seemed as though these people that we would be working to sway, might need a little bit of a show. I smiled as there were wonders in the force in which someone can do. I even scared myself sometimes from holding so much power over those who could not jump over 20 feet in the air, or push an object with enough force to break through walls. Even summon lightning from my fingertips. If there was going to be a show, I wanted to do something fun on a mission for once.

Only as I was going to speak up, A voice broke over the Com systems in the ship. "This is Captain Jorus Merrill of the Gypsymoth to the Moross Crusade vessel Aurora. This world isn't ready for galactic contact and offers no net benefit to the Crusade. What are your intentions for this system?" I smiled as the Captain had worked with the Crusade once before. Considered an ally with his help on Manpha, The planet that I now Governed. I shook my head as I waited for one of the silent Aesirs or [member="Siara Vorru"] to answer the captain. I was not going to overstep my abilities on this mission.

As the team began to offer their divide off the task ahead of them Siara stepped aside hearing a chirping sound from her headset.

She pressed her earpiece responding quietly. “Go ahead Captain.”

“I am sorry to interrupt but a ship has just decloaked in front of us, it is transmitting addressing us directly. It doesn’t present any threat and they claim to be a representative for the inhabitants of this world. Shall I forward the message to your headset?” The captain waited for Siara’s response quietly.

“No put it through to the speaker in the mess, the rest of the team should hear this.” Siara replied quietly.

“Very well ma’am.”

Siara stepped back in front of the group and spoke up. “Seems part of our task is completing itself the Captain is forwarding a message we are receiving right now.”

With that said the broadcast from Jorus came over the speakers in the mess hall, as he finished his broadcast Siara got on her headset again. She instructed the Captain to pipe the ships comm to her headset and leave the responses played through the mess hall speakers.

“This is Aurora, we are here partially out of curiosity partially because unfortunately this world has a great deal to offer us. I think it would be best if we could meet face to face and discuss it in person.” Siara released her mic and looked at the team. “Anyone familiar with this guy? Our scans of the planet didn’t reveal this level of technology, anywhere on the planet, he can’t possibly be a local.”

[member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Crystal"] [member="Anaudius"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Loxa Visl"]

[member="Siara Vorru"]

"Aurora, you'll note I said net benefit. Nothing you could gain from exploiting my homeworld before its time could measure up to the disadvantages. Right now you're asking yourself a couple questions. Now, I can answer those questions, or you can find out the answers for yourself, your call. I've helped the Crusade in the past; your superiors know who an' maybe what I am. They can tell ya what you need to know."

Crystal listened to the transmission and exchange between [member="Jorus Merrill"] and [member="Siara Vorru"]. She was quiet until Siara inquired if anyone knew of this guy. It was time to speak up before things got out of control and spiralled downward.

"I know his name. He is an ally and friend of the Crusade. We should co-operate." The Sith Princess offered. "Would you like me to respond to him?"

As [member="Jorus Merrill"] replied Siara couldn't help but feel out of her element, the temptation to find him and shoot him was mounting, she was certainly no diplomat and she definitely did not like having her basic corrected. She sensed her anger boiling up and knew that would do nothing but cause issues. She nodded to [member="Crystal"] who offered to take over, she certainly welcomed the assistance.

"Yes, if we know him as an ally we should remain as cordial as possible. If we could convince him to join us here and discuss our intentions that would be best, I think it would be best if you and [member="Loxa Visl"] met with him in person. Nothing will come from an impersonal chat over comm systems."

[member="Zoey Marix"] [member="Anaudius"]

The comms went silent for a moment. As Jorus waited for a response -- this was probably a good sign -- he reclined his pilot's seat, pulled a baseball out of a little repulsor-secured alcove, and began tossing it and catching it. After many, many years of using this as his meditation, the ball's arc peaked less than a centimetre from the ceiling instrument panel, consistently.

Crystal nodded to [member="Siara Vorru"]. "I will see what I can do."

She turned her attention to the comm unit and spoke to the Captain. "Please transmit messages to my frequency."

It was a brief wait. When all the wires were properly crossed and what not, she spoke to [member="Jorus Merrill"]. "Captain Merrill, I apologize for the wait. This is Crystal Carter of the Moross Crusade. We have come to this system in hopes of negotiating the use of the space and planetary resources. We have no intention of harming this world or it's people. Would you join us for a meal and discussion?"

[member="Crystal"] [member="Siara Vorru"] [member="Zoey Marix"]

A step up the chain of command, then. Not all the way to the names of religiosity, but maybe equivalent to Vasc Relens, who he'd known since the Vagrant Fleet days. Jorus caught the baseball and sat up.

"Long as it's in space, I'll be happy to."

The Gypsymoth slipped alongside the corvette and wheeled to put the hatch level with its opposite number. A force cylinder bridged the gap, air hissed in, and Jorus stepped out into oblivion. Miktik, Beyyr, and the Iron Giant held the fort. He floated to the frosting airlock on the other side, rapped a hello with callused knuckles, and yawned against the pressure differential when he passed through. The Gypsymoth depressurized the force cylinder but remained where it was.

Only one Nexu-class had ever been made -- he was a man who loved his ships and who'd known the competition -- so this was either the personal ship of Tethis Aresis (of unlamented memory) or what the Republic called an Ambassador-class, with a fresh coat of paint. Either way...

"Nice place you got here."

He was unarmed save for the Tenloss Ambassador revolver strapped to each hip, as much a part of him as his boots, and worn in a similar spirit. Oh, and the cortosis knife in his right boot, but he'd actually forgotten about that one. Hadn't dressed up, hadn't dressed down. Mind on other things.

Crystal was pleased that he'd join them. "Agreed. I will meet you at the air lock shortly." She looked to [member="Loxa Visl"] and nodded. "Would you like to arrange a room for us to receive him in while I greet him at the air lock?" She waited for a response before heading toward the air lock.

Only minutes later she reached the airlock where [member="Jorus Merrill"] was arriving. She offered a smile. "We like it." The Sith Princess stepped closer and offered her hand. "We spoke a few minutes ago. I'm Crystal. Welcome aboard the Aurora."

She wasn't concerned about his weapons, since most of the people on board were armed anyway. Crystal was dressed as a noble woman of Tapani dressed, tastefully. Her lightsaber was not on her person, but she certainly didn't need it for diplomatic assignments.

[member="Crystal"]
Even by the standards of a galaxy brimming with pointlessly attractive individuals, the woman who greeted him matched her Tapani sector attire for elegance. As a younger man, a single man, that would have caught him flat-footed, but he was neither young nor single, and his wife and daughter lived on the planet below. For someone whose entire Force skillset depended on instinct, his senses were pretty limited on a personal scale. But his little sister was a Master-level Nightsister and Sith witch, and between her and the Sith Lords he'd kneecapped, nutshotted, hogtied, buckshot-blasted, flash-frozen, hyperspace-chucked, marooned, and just plain outfought -- including one of the Crusade's living gods, as it happened -- the hair on the back of his neck gave him a pretty good idea of when he was facing the genuine article.

He met her eyes, shook her hand, gave a nod. "An' I'm Jorus. Think your comms officer and I got off on the wrong foot." He pulled back his left sleeve for a moment, showed part of the tribal tattoos that wound their way from shoulder to wrist. "This world's my home, mine and my family's, and there's no-one else to speak for it."

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Crystal grinned. "Siara isn't really a people person. Nor is she the comms officer, she's taken the lead on this mission. I offered to speak with you instead since you've been a friend to the Crusade in the past." She gestured for him to follow her toward the room that they'd dine and talk in.

"We actually found this world by accident on our way to Ceto a few weeks ago, so we thought we'd return and investigate the possiblility of a partnership between our worlds. Of course now that you mention that your people aren't ready for the magnitude of change that could follow, I think we're going to have to come up with a more subtle solution."

[member="Crystal"]

The dining room was as well-appointed as you could get on a ship this small, and he settled into a chair like a man at ease with fancy surroundings, even if he preferred scuffed boots and a tramp freighter. Until last month, he'd been worth, oh, a few trillion credits. Majority ownership of arguably the largest corporation in the galaxy could do that, and he'd dined with kings, Sith Lords, and Chancellors.

He, and his wife, had hated it.

"If there's a world that could use a subtle touch, this is the one. If you're lookin' for an off-the-books staging point, the two little moons should do. Shallow grav wells, stable orbits. This is the system's only planet, of any kind, or I'd be suggesting some gas giant or hotrock or whatever."

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
"Jorus Merrill, what a name to hear," the Priestess entered the room, face shadowed by her hood, "one that evokes both intrigue and fear."

She watched him, momentarily, and considered his stance and the few things she knew of him. It had been an odd coincidence to find him out here, so far away from everything, on an uncharted planet no less. To learn it was his home drew a curious smile, and with it a desire to listen and learn. Loxa stepped forward, robes gently swaying with her movements, and took a seat next to Crystal.

"I am Loxa Visl, Priestess and Ambassador of the Crusade. Your concerns have been heard and concessions have been made. Bringing harm to this planet - it's not something we seek. Merely a foothold against those who consider us weak. A moon would work well, and two would be ideal, but we are curious as to why the galaxy you wish to conceal."

The woman, hands folded on the table before her, leaned forward with earnest curiosity. Perhaps the planet may not have much to offer Moross as a whole, small and isolated as it was. Likely the population wouldn't amount to much either - but these were all based on conjecture. Orbital scans could only reveal limited information. What more that Jorus could offer was of great interest to the Ambassador; a woman who followed many Gods and could appreciate the variety of societies and traditions the galaxy had to offer.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Loxa Visl"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Crystal took a seat across from Jorus and laced her fingers together before resting her chin on her hands. And she smiled as he spoke and as Loxa joined them. The moons would do just nicely. Loxa seemed in fine form, very poetic. But the Priestess did ask one of the questions that she was planning to ask Jorus.

She almost chuckled but managed to stay composed. "Yes, could you tell us more about the world?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom