Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underworld Credits, what's in a name?

How do you refer to the Underworld Credits?

• UC(s)

• Uck(s)

• Uuu Cee(s)

• Underworld Credit(s)

• Underworld Credits are no good here, I need something more REAL

Results are only viewable after voting.
tenor.gif

UC in non-RP, just credits in RP in the same way you'd say $'s when talking about transferring crypto IRL unless you're a massive tryhard who thinks crypto will ever have more staying power than a country's currency in that same country and refuse to refer to your currency in the way you'd use it. Can't spend crypto (on most things), I don't say I have X Polygon/Bitcoin/Tether/etc, I say I have X USD in cryptos. By its nature a cryptocurrency will fluctuate wildly over short periods of time (the other day bitcoin dropped 7.4% at one point, over the course of an hour or so, just as an example), so it is extremely difficult to create a notion, internally, of just what value you can assign to a given cryptocurrency unless it is profoundly stable.

It's also pretty much second nature to refer to currency in star wars as credits, so just shortening it to credits and then nodding to it being the underworld variant by way of context clues just makes it an easier and less cringe read. Also makes it age better in case UC stuff never takes off and/or gets forgotten about and the post is read in the future (though I admit that probably won't happen - I don't even read my own posts the days after I write them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom