Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TL;DR VERSION:
Scherezade deWinter leaves the Coruscant Docks and is making her way towards the Museum of Multispecies Sciences.

Coruscant. That was where they'd docked. Katrine had left to buy some slugs for her slugthrower, leaving Scherezade alone. She said it'd take her an hour or two, but it'd been three, and Scherezade started fidgeting around. She was too energized to sleep it off, and she'd been exercising her abilities with the Force all day, leaving her unwilling to continue for the moment. Besides, this was the planet! Her grandmother had a penthouse somewhere around here (if it still existed), her aunt had at least a branch of the Red Lady here (if it still existed), and overall, she wanted to explore and see what it was about this place that made some of her family members so crazy about a planet that had gotten rid of all of its natural resources in favor of building too damn tall buildings.

It wasn't too hard to locate the exit of the docks, but then the question remained, where to?

Maps of Coruscant unraveled in her mind. Her grandmother had made sure to give her that as well, and this was useful knowledge. The woman had, after all, spent much time here over the centuries. Scherezade scanned what she apparently knew, and the randomly chose to go to the Museum of Multispecies Sciences. Lacking credits, it was about an hour and a bit worth of a walk from where she was.

Time to get those legs moving.

Savoh Muska

S
Savoh had been in the Museum of Multispecies Sciences, and was a little disappointed with it. He'd come there to see what the Republic had to say about the Ubese. But as far as he could tell, him and his people didn't really exist in the galaxy as far as the Republic was concerned. Which he understood, it made sense to cover up a preemptive strike/genocide against them. Then again, forthe knowledge seeking Ubese he figured that was all he really needed to know. That him and his people were just a mysterious bunch of aliens that could hardly speak without a megaphone.

So Savoh, being as curious as he was looked around the other exhibits, leaning up on other races and species. finding out small stuff like where the mouth was on an Ithorian. Or what the anti on a Rodian were for.

Her walk had been uneventful. Scherezade remarked pleasantly though that her legs had indeed carrying her, as it had been the first time she attempted to walk more than a few feet at once. Her body was apparently developed sufficiently to accept certain amount of physical stress. She made a mental note to check exactly how much stress it could take. Walking was low-key. Could she run? Could she dance? Could she fight? Time would tell.

Gaining entrance to the museum, she had to admit that she was slightly disappointed. There wasn't enough the place had to offer in terms of actual interest. Most of the information presented as facts was already in her mind, and other bits she deemed as unimportant. Perhaps coming here wasn't the best of choices.

Turning around, her shoulder bumped into that of [member="Savoh Iaht"]. "I'm sorry," she mumbled automatically, pausing only a second later to realize she had no clue what she was seeing. And as was the usual case, that meant she was now open sparing at the person.

Savoh Muska

S
Savoh looked through the museum some more, leaning up and becoming familiar to some more of the alien races. Eventually he felt like he was through with this destination and was ready to head out. But, he bumped into [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and let out a bit of a gasp. However, it sounded more like some white noise coming from both his artificial vocal cords and his helmet.

Automatically he'd respond with, "I-I'm sorry, I did quite see you. Are you okay?" He asked, eyeing her through his helmet. He didn't know what it was but he felt like she was, different, or something. He has bumped into people plenty of times, but maybe it was something about her expression.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Managing to get a day off training from his Sensi, Rex decides to go to Coruscant to see why every one likes it so much, then making a plan to go to the Museum of Multispecies Sciences hoping to learn what the empire had known about all of the alien species. Walking into the Museum he goes straight to the chiss exibhit.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
As he is moving through the museum he sees his friend [member="Savoh Iaht"], standing with a strange woman that he had never seen before, this was not unusual for people to know people he knew and thus stood back decided to watch rather than continue onward towards the chiss exhibit, feeling something about this woman in the force and thus decided to mask his own presence in the force so she wouldn't feel him.
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Coruscant had been her unofficial home for a decent period of time. Whoever was tasked with watching over the clone likely knew she was here, but it didn’t bother the young doctor much. Even as a ward of the Sith Empire, she spent her time working as a civilian doctor in Alliance space. It was less of an attempt to spy on the gem of the galaxy and moreso for her to gain more…worldly experience. There was only so much you could learn in an incubation cradle.

Farah had decided to spend one of her few days off at the Museum of Multispecies Sciences, figuring that she could always brush up on her xenobiology. After taking thorough notes at a display dedicated to Twi’lek anatomy, the Zeltron headed towards the next exhibit, face illuminated by the light of the datapad she was glued to.

[member="Rex Taff"] [member="Savoh Iaht"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Continuing to watch people entering and exiting the museum, seeing a female in a doctor's uniform enter, Rex realizes he has no idea how healing is even done around the galaxy and perhaps it could be a good chance to learn something new, following [member="Farah"] he leaves [member="Savoh Iaht"] and [member="Scherezade deWinter"] to whatever it was they were doing.

"Perfectly fine," she answered with confidence. The same confidence she had when she neared her head to [member="Savoh Iaht"] and smelled him. "You don't smell like a Rodian. I don't know what you smell like. Why do you smell so... different?"

Savoh Muska

S
Savoh gave a perplexed expression behind his helmet. Was she a human, he didn't know they had such a strong sense of smell. Well he certainly wasn't a Rodian. Leaning back some from her. "Uh, I'm not a Rodian. I'm a Ubese." Then again he was also a cyborg, maybe that was it.

New word! New species! Scherezade seemed to beam with both interest and excitement. "What's an Ubese?" she asked, her eyes lighting up with a near child-like excitement, "where's your planet? Where are you spread? Do you go peanut-butter side up or jelly side up?"

[member="Savoh Iaht"]

Savoh Muska

S
He leaned back a little more from her excitement, but was kinda glad to see someone so interested in him. It didn't surprise him that she didn't really know anything about his kind. There was nothing about the Ubese in the museum. "Um, well the Republic classified us as a near-human species. I'm from Ubertica." He said, however that wasn't the home world of the Ubese, the old republic destroyed it. "There's also those on Uba IV." Savoh was begging to ease up some to her.

Ubertica! Okay, she had no clue where that was. Or Uba IV. But that was all right. New information was great. Her grandmother had dumped too much information in her brain just before getting Kat to remove her from the pebble, and Scherezade was probably going to spend years sorting through it all to make sense of it. But new information was new which meant she got to experience the forming of knowledge from scratch! It was one of the best things ever, even if the knowledge was unlikely to save her life or turn the tide of wars at any time.

"Why do you wear a mask?" she continued her questioning, still as enthusiastically as before, "can you breathe carbon dioxide? How do you guys mate?" she was asking fast now, almot rapid fire, when she suddenly stopped herself and facepalmed.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized, "where are my manners?"

Extending a hand to the Ubese before her, she gave him a warm and friendly smile, "I'm Scherezade deWinter. Pleased to meet you!"

[member="Savoh Iaht"]

Savoh Muska

S
Savoh listened closely to her questions until she raised her hand to greet him. He took her hand and shook it. She could feel that it wasn't organic, it was too harsh feeling, and with too many nooks and cranny felt under his glove. "A pleasure to meet you as well Miss deWinter. I'm Savoh, Savoh Iaht." he said, another thing she could note was that his voice sounded like he was a droid. The mask played its part, but so did his artificial vocal cords.

"This helmet has a breathing mask for me. Where we're from doesn't have a lot of oxygen in the air, so out lungs are kinda sensitive." He explained, he also wore it because it felt like people would get the wrong idea if they saw his head, or what there was of one. "Umm, I'd say that we mate like any other species." He hoped she understood, since some did have some weird ways to mate, but not from the Ubese. After all they were near-human.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Calling out to [member="Farah"] "Excuse me could I ask you a few questions?", "I was just wondering how is the medical field at the moment?" trying not to show to much interest about the topic.

Zee folded his arms against his chest, "No. I won't leave him here, these papers legally show his allowance planet wide." Over his shoulder popped up a little odd creature, looking to be made of water itself. It was quadrapedal, and flowing, as if it was made of a river or large whips of smoke. Both front paws lightly landed on his right shoulder, before propelling itself forward and around his neck, snaking around one last half to rest it's front on the right, lower half draped around to the left.

"Don't worry, Ax." He murmured, absentmindedly reaching to scratch the pet. It responded like a cat, nuzzling into the palm of the relief instrument. The Maximus Salafrander made soft chirps as it's long thin body moved in appreciation. It's because of his relations with the GodKing of Val'hala, Vokun, that the little guy had arrived his way. Much like any adorable pet, he couldn't deny loving it.

The next day though, while he had meant to call to a shirt from a nearby closet, Ax was near enough for his purpose to shine. The pull in the Force, only slightly more than would be physically required to move it, was heavily boosted. Instead of lightly landing against his outstretched palm, he was knocked clean over in surprise.

Salafranders produced a small boost in the Force, and it's uses. Not enough to, perse, change an acolyte to a Master, but enough to find hurtling pebbles was now so easy they sometimes broke the sound barrier. His teachers told him this was called Ballistakinesis. He was pretty proficient of late. Though it was his latent talent in Force Barriers that he found was now heightened to near Mastery ease. So it was that Ax never left him, and was at all times able to be protected by the powers of his master.

In moments, despite inspections, attempts to hastle, and more, Zee and Ax soon enough was moving amongst the Coruscanti people.

(I am sorry I'm late to the thread. Never noticed the tag, oddly. Anyone can bump into him if they like, mention him, whatever. If nothing happens, I'll pick someone next post.)
[member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Savoh Iaht"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Farah"]

Farah looked up from her datapad, a bit surprised to hear a voice directed at…her? She turned her head, tracking the request to [member="Rex Taff"]. A scarlet brow raised at his question, then lowered as she mentally shrugged.

“What would you like to know?” The Zeltron lowered her datapad and faced the Chiss who’d prompted her.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"I was just wondering what the medical situation in the galaxy is like, also what is the medical profession on Coruscant like?" He asked wanting to know more about the topic keeping his force presence hidden still.
[member="Farah"]

“In the galaxy?” She paused, wondering how to answer such a broad question. “I suppose it’s different depending on where you go. Most advanced worlds have good medical care while just as many poorer worlds lack.”

In pertaining to Coruscant, she sighed. “That depends on where you go as well. The upper levels like the senate district have some of the best medical care in the galaxy. But the further you go down the societal food chain, the worse it gets.” Farah almost grimaced as she remembered the disease outbreak in the lower levels she’d help treat. “Too many people and not enough clinics in some of the worst areas.”

She quirked a brow at the young Chiss. “Interested in becoming a doctor?”

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Maybe, Maybe unfortunately when I was with the chiss I only got basic medical training, would take me a while to become a doctor I'm sure" He replies to her "Are alien species given different types of medicament or is it all the same anywhere you go? He asks [member="Farah"] quite interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom