Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Ubisoft's New Star Wars Game

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
I honestly hope I'm not the only one that is cautiously excited about this game. I mean, on the one hand, I could finally get to play the Star Wars RPG 10 year old me always wanted after playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion. On the other, Im betting that this game might turn out the same way that Ghost Recon and Cyberpunk 2077 have: not complete failures, but also not the game we were being hyped up for.

I am aware that Ubisoft is still hiring for the game and hasn't made any progress on it, but I just wanted to get this out there because its been eating away at me for the past few hours.

Caedyn Arenais

C
I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I like many of Ubisoft's games but I'm also aware of the companies faults (at least to my mind), and I'm not sure I trust them to do Star Wars the justice it deserves.

I don't want to see a game like The Division painted with a Star Wars coat for example, and being Ubisoft, I fully expect there to be a tonne of microtransactions involved. We know so little about it at the moment that I'm neither for, nor against it. Just apprehensive I guess.

A new Star Wars game is always better than nothing, of course, I just hope they smash it out of the park, rather than leave us with something as disappointing as Breakpoint was.

Honestly a Star Wars style FarCry game set on one exotic world would hardly suck. Especially if you consider their writing. Ubisoft, particularly if FarCry is anything to consider, have some GOAT villains. So I think it'd be fun doing Viet Cong style hit and runs on either imperial/First Order checkpoints. I don't at all anticipate anything of great depth in regards to story, but hope for something great in regards to immersing oneself in a vast landscape.

If they could get the feel of Assassin's creed 1 -- the exploration, the set piecing and combat (really don't like the health bar RPG style combat the newer AC games do) I think it could be an amazing game.

Like literally does anyone else remember how much fun the sword combat was in Assassin's creed all the way up to Origins?

Honestly a Star Wars style FarCry game set on one exotic world would hardly suck. Especially if you consider their writing. Ubisoft, particularly if FarCry is anything to consider, have some GOAT villains. So I think it'd be fun doing Viet Cong style hit and runs on either imperial/First Order checkpoints. I don't at all anticipate anything of great depth in regards to story, but hope for something great in regards to immersing oneself in a vast landscape.

They haven't made a well written Far Cry since the third.

Eh, EA did a pretty good job with Fallen Order, being EA and all.

The two have potential to make great games, they just prefer to spit out bad ones at higher rates to get more money.

If Ubisoft learns from EA's mistakes, it will be at least decent, if they don't we will be in for another Battlefront 2.

EA did well with Fallen Order because Respawn was a great acquisition. They didn’t do what they did to BioWare to Respawn. EA left them alone and allowed them to create something amazing.

While EA lost its exclusivity to make Star Wars games I’m hoping to see a Fallen Order 2. The game was amazing and just shows that single player games are still heavily desired.

On another note, seeing that BioWare put their foot down and told EA no to multiplayer in DA4 just shows that there’s hopefully going to be a shift in game production from EA. Which will allow BioWare a chance at returning to its former glory.

Aw bro they cancelled that Tefka Tefka

giphy.gif

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
On the one hand ubisoft has it's cons, But I agree with Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber that if they went a farcry-esque route with this, This could be amazing!

I've been playing the chit out of AC: Valhalla too, And it's one of the first ac games to keep me legitimately interested in the gameplay itself since black flag!

I would love the game to death and back if we could mix and match with force powers or NFU character building and quest through various worlds, Raiding and assassinating imperial targets while slowly building up our own rebellion. I'm aware that we'd have some bugs and stuff initially, But they'd be ironed out and I am more than willing to play a game that is imperfect it means I can finally live my star wars rpg dreams.

Most importantly though, NO MANDO OPTION I RIOT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom