Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Tyrant of Tatooine

Darth Sarla

D
B09D45DA-66A1-49B1-B29E-A2C2051E0222.jpg

CB61B9DF-F0F6-4BF8-A7CC-49271153D21F.jpg

The Dune Sea had become home to Sarla. She found comfort in the nothingness, the sand stretching into infinity reminding her of her captivity. Tatooine was a world where one could get lost, no one cared if you traversed the sands leaving no foot prints.

Sandcrawlers with their great treads churned up the grains and offered shelter to the weak. Outside Raiders in sand robes fired at the behemoths of metal, the land sacred to them. Darth Sarlaac learned that these Bedouin tribespeople were ruthless, and that at any encounter they resortes to violence, especially towards outsiders.

The Sith Lord spent her nights in a cave, where she meditated, sharpening her rage, pouring bitter and charred leaves into her soul. She saw the face of the One who had scorned her, she tried to burn the image with the ire of the dark side. Levitating she opened her eyes and dropped a few feet to the sandy floor. Rising up she threw a rock with the invisible wind caused by the snap of her index and middle finger. She beat her hand agaiant the wall, and let out a cry.

She had to shed this weakness. To satiate this lust for blood. Throwing on her cloak, and clipping her twin horn shaped saber hilts to her belt, she went outside. The night sky was full of stars, so luminious as they twinkled from afar. All about the canyon and cliff side fires burned with their amber glow. Sarla moved upon one, a circle of warriors all barking and probably chatting about their kill which they cut with a knife and ate. She scanned to make sure no little ones or the women were about this pyre. Sarla was dark, but not so lost as to harm women and children, besides if she wanted future prey to hunt, you leave the females alone and the boys who will become warriors to grow into men.

With a snap hiss, her twin crimson blades ignited, she placed her black heel boot on a rock in front of the fire.

“Hello boys..”

She spun her sabers in a arching flurry, one Tuskan Warrior who reached for his rifle had the barreo torn clean off leaving molent orange ring that cooled, the second blade passing through his neck. Two other Raiders drew Gaffi sticks and let put their “art art” battle cry. Sarla dodged the clubs, and threw one into the air with a wave of her hand, he landing in the sand. The Sith Lord caught the other gaffi stick with her scissor blades, when she noticed it didn’t cut through, they held in a lock up. She was suddenly beset by a trail of flame, making her back flip. The Tuskan releasing Krayt fire prusued, he made his gaffi extended with a spear tip and thrusted, Sarla caught the shaft which almost ran her through. She then spun her blades screaming in a fury. She beat the Beskar ore with the twin teeth of burning energy, knocking the Tuskan down on his knees. Holding in a lock up, her edges pushing the pole in horizontal guard down in him.

“You are not a Tuskan..”

Kicking her boot up she knocked the spear into the air and with the Force she held it poised, her blades bathing this Imposter in red light. The other Tuskan who now recovered charged and she flung the spear into him, it piercing his chest and making him fall.

The Imposter shouted,

“Darjetti! Darjetti!”

She held the tips of her blades at his neck as he backed on the ground, his hanf diffing in sand for something, he plucked it out, a chrome ball with jade color lights. Arming it he tossed it in the air, the thermal detonator exploding and causing Sarla to fly backward, her legs kicking in the air as she landing on her back.

The Mandalorian sprinted for his spear, with a swift jerk he tore it loose from Tuskan flesh. His visor now reveled beneath the tab hood. He saw The Darjetti laying on the ground, walking with an air of victory, his steps heavy, he approached holding his spear in one hand, then once upon her, he held the shaft up to strike, as he breathed put he thrusted the tip down and Sarla came to with burning blades coming alive and rising in a somersault she cut him across the chest, making him collapse. Now on his back he was grabbed bu the helm ans tossed agaihst the rock wall of the canyon. The blow knocked him cold.

The Mando awoke to the bright suns, all blinded in white light. He was strung up, hanging from his legs over the edge of a small cliff. He looked below, and saw the Pit of Sarkoon, its worm tongue snapping, the circle of golden teeth that made the outer mouth.

Sarla grabbed his head with her hand. The Mando was stripped of armor, his flamethrower busted on the ground below.

“You are going to give me answers.. or you will be digested for thousand years.”

The Mando’s hands were tied to his back, she had combed him carefully, looking for hidden blades, he felt his teeth, several missing, blood dripping down to the Sarlaac.

“Why are you hiding among Raiders?”

He did not stir. She reached out with her hand and called to the power only sensitives knew. His windpipe stung with a sharp twisting, making him cough.

“I ask again.. why are you dressed as a Tuskan brut?”

He continued to resist. He seemed intent to suffocate or perhaps black out so he could give no answer.

“Very well..”

She took the Beskar spear and thrusted it into his lower abdomen, making him cry out. She then drew it back letting more red life drops fall down to Sarkoon, who started to frenzy from the taste, its sandy tan tentacles straining to reach the Mandalorian.

“If you will not speak.. you will feed Sarkoon.. goodbye.”

She snapped her blade alive and swung when the Mando shouted,

“Bounty! Bounty!”

She stopped the blade a hair from the rope.

“A bounty? A bounty on me?”

The Mando did not reply.

Sarla tapped the edge on the rope, sparking it and causing snoke.

“Yes! A bounty on Darjetti!”

Sarla knew a smattering of Mando’a, and knew that meant Sith.

“Who put the bounty on my head? Who?!”

The Mando shouted,

“Ni vaabir not kar'taylir!”

She did not understand that he meant he had no idea and so cut the cord, he began to fall, the tentacles rising to meet him, the beak squirming for its meal, when he felt a tug and he was pulled from the sand serpents that almost ensnared him. He flew upward and landed on the ground on a huff, a cloud of sand and dust rising, looking he saw Sarla kick off the two Tuskan corpses, dropping them into The Sarlaac’s mouth which let out a belch.

She then turned to The Mando, placing her leather hand on his throat, her bosom hanging above him in perfect round mounds, her eyes aflame as she spoke threw her black lips.

“You are going to help me find the Contractor. You will help me in this, and then you will die.”

He looked at her blankly.

“Shake your head if you understand.”

He nodded slightly.

Picking up his gear that she tethered in a net to her back she took the Beskar Spear, and grabbed the rope, pulling the Mando along like a rien.

Sarla would find who has placed a bounty on her, and cut there throat out.

Deserts were peaceful... sometimes they could be beautiful and after her master disappeared well she had taken the chance to return. The sun beating down upon her red skin while she stood there. THe lightsaber tonfa's in her hands with her breathing coming out evenly. SLowly she moved rotating in a small circle she had carved to dictate her movements. Facial tendrils twitching for only a moment to indicate discomfort. Her bare feet on the ground so she could connect more with the planet. Tantorus was far off... the jedi was a part of her as other purebloods made it difficult to get good traction among the masters.

History showed how hard it was but the Je'daii had purebloods among them. Her breathing came out when she spun and the blades activated with a snap hiss as orange blades gleamed. The sound coming to her ears and she slowly continued the kata as in the distance she could sense people at the markets of the world. THey gathered every few weeks in larger groups and it was usually an indication of being able to come and get supplies when she opened her eyes and started walking. The kata and meditation finished while she walked through the sand using some of it to scrub at the dried sweat and clean it off.

"Ah you are back." She heard the familiar voice and looked over at the woman with a bow of her head. Presenting her equipment sack of things scavenged from ships and some credits for supplies that were set to the side. No need to speak.. no unneeded interaction. Just the tall pureblood coming out of the desert for supplies and she would be able to go back as her tendril twitched again... she looked around for threats and didn't see anything but a few stares. Modesty was not important in the small threadbare shorts and top. Strictly for interactions with people like this. She was moving and her tonfa were on her back.

Darth Sarla

D
Sarla dragged the Mando like a Bantha behind her, she made it through the dunes and came across Scavangers setting up, as she passed by she saw a Gal of ruby skin, and felt it. Stopping in her tracks, she held the rope tightly and turned. Taking the rope she jerked and made the Bounty Hunter bow on his knees. She saw the others trading scrap, and eyed the Barefoot One, her white eyes like embers. She could feel it, the power that only the strong, the chosen, wielded.

She then noticed the Tonfas, something about them did not seem standard, she suspected sabers. Sarla had to decide if it was worth a stop on her hunt, and so she took a chance. Perhaps this was an assassin commisoned like the Mando to kill her.

“It is not every day I encounter a Sensitive at market and a Pureblood at that..”

She turned to look at the gal, who’s lack of modesty was not dissimilar to her own. In the desert it was sensible, to keep the sweat from soaking one’s clothes. And yet Sarla choose her revealing attire more to attract trouble, to weaken her foes, and to find the kind of suitors that could help her escape her pain.

“Are you here to kill me?”

She pulled on the rope making The Mando fall.

“This Mandalorian tried. I intend to find the one who has thing for me. For your sake I hope its not you, would be such a waste..”

Sarla looked at the Pure Blood with a smirk. She has no idea her persuasion, that mattered little to her, she was trying to unnerve the Pureblood.

“Nice outfit..” she said as she turned back to the Mando and walked away. She hoped if this was an assassin she’d attack. Of not perhaps follow her to civilization.

TAG: Remy Singh Remy Singh

Darth Sarlaac

Someone called out to her... a woman who dressed for the desert and had a mandalorian at her heels.... kill her she didn't even know her. "I do not even know you, killing is reserved for enemies." She said it and stood there crossing her arms while she was getting her pack of supplies. "I was merely coming here to get my supplies to return to the desert." She watched and her facial tendrils twitched with the display of brutality but... when one tried to kill you there was some leeway to how you could treat them. Most wouldn't think twice about say throwing them around a little. She looked at her though and tooka moment to look at her outfit and shrugged. "THank you, so the plan is to kill him and others who come after you?"

Darth Sarla

D
Dark Lady Sarlaac turned at the Pureblood’s words. She feigned innocence, that she did not know Sarla. Would an Assassin admit they were one? The Sith Lord doubted it.

“Why you you care what becomes of this Mando? Who is he to you?”

Sarla felt the paranoia come on her again, was this Girl in league with the Mandalorian? Was whoever placed the bounty on her head setting pieces, traps all over Tatooine? Perhaps their eyes were on her now, waiting, watching.

The Lady Sarlaac steadied herself trying to silence the rush of thoughts. The Pureblood was an odd encounter, most would think an Assassin, however, she had no proof. Opening her eyes once more, she looked at The Pink Skinned Gal.

“I intend to survive. If it means I have to break some skulls, and carve some hides, then so be it. I know what awaits on the other side..”

Sarla felt her mind drift back to it, the confined space and the flames. Her skin burning.. always burning. She shook it off.

“Your question reveals something about you. You care what happens to others? Are you a Jedi? They are suppose to care only about others. Though in my experience its words, empty words..”

The Sith Lord felt her mind drift to his face. The one she had braved so much for, ans he scorned her. For that reason she exiled herself to this desert world, to get lost and find all measure of pleasure, even at the tip of a saber.

She looked at the Pureblood, such a beauty, so rare. Never in her wildest dreams did she expect to see one of the race from which her title depended upon. Sarla wanted to sit with hr and ask questions, but the bounty called, and the Mando twitched.

Darth Sarlaac

Did she care for the mandalorian... generally not really. She tried more detachment and she shrugged. "Wasting a life means little. Brutality, violence without a purpose is just showing you are serving your emotions." She said it and the mention that she was a jedi or talked like one got another shrug as she walked around the woman. "Yes though I try to stay out of some of the temples. The Sith might have my peoples name but most I have met were petty and fearful. ANything they did had to be in a way they wouldn't have consequences or repercussions. Always able to blame someone else on why they did what they did."

It had been rather... boring. Tantorus was a desert and full of several billion purebloods.. Arcis had brought the sith but most of them were wanting to be the good guys. Shackling themselves to public opinion like others would with work or family." She was looking at the woman though and her facial tendrils twitched again. "I have no fight with you though but few venture out into the desert and know where to go. If you require it the canyons and caves where I train and reside can benefit you once you are done."

Darth Sarla

D

Darth Sarlaac found what was said amusing.

“Brutality is warranted when someone tries to kill you. If you knew what I have seen, beyond this plane of existence you would know emotion is all there is. Wasting one’s life serving causes means another minute you do not have before The Piper calls.”

She listened as The Pureblood related some history of her people, and Lords of the Sith who had made them slaves.

“I quite agree, most of my kind are petty and fearful. And they have good reason to fear, what awaits all devoted to the Dark is torment unending.”

She caught that The Pureblood admitted to being a Jedi. Her mandate as a Sith Lord would be to strike her down. Sarla however, did not want to. She did nor answer to a Dark Council. Here choices were her own.

Then the Jedi offered an invitation, to come visit her in caves and canyons. Curious. Sarla had been living in the same conditions. Perhaps the chasm between Jedi and Sith was not as wide as the two sides thought.

“I would gladly see where you train.. uh.. I do not know your name. You may call me Sarla.”

The Dark Lady tuged on the rope around the Mando. He was fidgeting.

Darth Sarlaac

She chuckled a little to that and amusement was in her facial tendrils. This woman might be of the sith but she seemed to understand more then some. "I am Remy." She said it with a bow of her head but she didn't take her senses off of the woman... polite conversation was one thing... a sith and a jedi could usually spark a fight but... not always. There was a difference between fighting for a cause or purpose and fighting blindly for an ideal... This one wasn't running around proclaiming her power... yet... she could do that when her back was turned or any number of other things... she didn't actually know who she was.

"Sarla." She said the name testing it out and looking at the mandalorian well she could guess bad things were going to happen... but he had broken most planets laws when it came to attacking people... you needed more of a reason then just because. A Bounty might mean anything and people appeared to put them on criminals as much as they do ones who might have slighted them. Hard to tell as she held her supplies in one hand and moved them to her shoulder. "THen when you finish your business I shall await perhaps. The desert is good for reflection on ones deeds and thoughts as it were but there is said to be a force oasis within the dune sea."

Darth Sarla

D

The Dark Lady of the Sith smiked as The Jedi shared her name. This was a good conversation. Then Sarla looked at the Mando and her face became sullen. She was weary of running. To escape The Void only to be a target of who she did not know who.

She sensed the Pureblood reservations. The call of a Dark Sider was to strike down Jedi. However, Sarla felt that wanton slaying of Lightsiders achieved nothing of value. To do something due to greviances of the past or out of prejudice seemed a poor path. If the Jedi had been hostile, drawn those Tofas and sought conflict, then The Dark Lady would gladly wet her burning blade with the blood of Ashla’s Disciple. In truth Sarla enjoyed Remy, her words were challenging, but not impertinent.

“The desert is the one place I have found a measure of peace. l know.. to hear that word from a Sith, it is anathema, ‘There is no Peace, There is Passion’ I believe that means not there is no tranquility, rather as long as the galaxy expands there will be war, that conflict will continue.”

Why Lady Sarlaac opened herself to Remy was puzzling. She should have her guard up, this was a Jedi. The truth is that she was lonely, and she feared the road to find who put a bounty on her head may end in her death. She had learned never take a moment for granted, or let a ship pass in the night. Her eyes were heavy with sorrow, the whites eclipsing in shadow.

“I will seek you out Remy, I promise you.”

She turned to the Mando, and taking a knife, cut the rope, he was befuddled.

“Give me the location of where you received the bounty, and you are free to go.”

The Mando spoke in broken speech,

“Anchor..head..”

Sarla took the netted sack on her back full of Mando armor, Mask, and weapons.

“Take this and go..”

The Mando was shaken.

The Dark Lady knew it was foolish, he could just as soon armor up and shoot her.

The Mando took the sack and bowed his head, placing his fist on his white shirt chest.

Lady Sarlaac walked over to a swoop bike that a Jawa was working on with a tool that sparked.

“How much?”

The Jawa responded,

“Pay dee, muwwaa awwaa..”

A nearby man with long hair and unshaven face said.

“400 credits. It has a bad belt, give my Jawa friend a minute and it will be fixed.”

Sarla handed the man the credits. These Scavangers had some honor, more than what she found among The Sith.

The Mandalorian had suited up, his beskar helm on his head in that iconic T-shape design. He snapped his gauntlets on and rolled them into place against his arm. Approaching Sarla he dug into his sack and handed her two thermal detonators.

The Darth took them as gifts and placed her hand on the Mando’s metal chin.

“Your alright Mando, Ijaat ast.”

With that the Mando stepped away and headed into the distance, disappearing into the sun.

“Alright the bike is ready lady.”

Sarla leapt on to the seat by throwing her leather clade thigh and leg over. Grabbing the handle bars she shifted, and the the bike hummed to life. Hovering she looked at Remy,

“Wish me luck.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth Sarlaac

SHe bowed and left the woman with a look... not turning back to see her as you should never look back that was how the things went wrong. The sands in the desert feeling different as she... didn't know what to call it. That wasn't friendship but she had interacted with someone and it hadn't been a long drawn out thing that grated on the nerves cause they were being obtuse.... and there was a chance she would visit... a different perspective in the force. Its will as some would say guiding their meeting maybe but she had learned the force if anything had a sense of humor. She didn't know why she had done it... there had been something there.

"Maybe." She said it walking int he sands as the wind picked up and covered her tracks. She slid down the one dune towards the rocks and it was a small crevice that went deeper down and into the canyon... most of it covered in sand but the parts she was able to go through served well enough and it was obscured from what few predators were there. The tuskans rarely ventured this close or looked that closely without a reason and she had discovered the strange black fruits they found. Full of moisture collected and were natural in the sands.... a strangeness but she didn't argue while she went into the cave that served to house her equipment.

The small shelter covered from falling dust over a bedding set as well as more equipment. She set it down and went deeper into another entering a pool of sand thatg she was able to use to absorb some of the sweat from the heat. A few rocks to run over her skin in places and a dust bath wasn't a terrible thing. She had supplies ot last her and there was the rest of her things here... she finished and stood there for a moment before climbing up to a ledge and the sun was higher overhead. Beating down while she sat there with her legs crossed allowing the force to whisper around her and through her. SHe was searching for the oasis and who knows she had heard visions on Tatooine could be pretty intense.

Darth Sarla

D

With that Sarla kicked the pedal and the swoop zoomed off, a trail of dust and wind followeee her as she rode on across the Sea of Sand, the Two Suns hanging above in yellow and orange, like eyes of the planet watching her.

The Dark Lady felt the rush of the acceleration, the front breaker and rod of the nose paving a path before her. She blew past a Sandcrawler, and joined a trail in a honeycomb of arches and minor caves, little did she know that once upon a time a Pod Race that would shape the fate of the galaxy had taken place there.

Making a turn, she headed towards the gates of Anchorhead, its great ivory walls tall and symmetrical. A great dark grey gate which was sealed. She brought the bike to a stop. Knocking on the door, a slit of metal shifted, revealing bright blue eyes.

“Anchorhead admittance times are from..”

He suddenly felt his throat clog and he began to choke. The lever next to him turned, three grey gears of different sizes, one giabt, another medium, and another small moved the gate ajar. Darth Sarlaac stepped in, her black robe draped about her, the hood shrouding her face. There was structures, some hewn into sqaures of bronze, others tall citadels of white with domes.

Seeing a sign that had the pelt a Wraid as the sign. Entering Sarla spoke with the Gamesman, who was cleaning a Wraid plate.

“How can I help you?”

The Dark Lady of the Sith placed some credits on the table.

“Where is the bounties office?”

The Gamesman wiped his mustache of black and grey clean.

“Lady, there hasn’t been a bounty guild here in a hundred years. We only have the Game Guild, which you are in.”

The Lady Sarlaac made a fist in her black glove. Had the Mando deceived her? She was half tempted to take the Wraid plate and jab it in his neck, but she could tell there was no lie in his eye.

Bowing her hooded head, she said, “thank you.”

As Sarla exited, a young kid came running out of the Game Guild.

“Lady.. Lady!”

She turned to see the rather dusty boy with misshapen blond hair.

“The Bounty.. the Bounty!”

The Sith Lady leaned down, she understood he knew where the Guild was.

“Take me..”

The boy led her to the space port of Anchorhead, there was a hrey crate that he ran up to and pointed.

Sarla looked at it.

“Uh..”

The Boy said, “Push.. Push!”

The Dark Lady conjuring her power pushed it and lo ans behold there was a ladder. Taking a gold locket she slung iy around the boy’s neck.

“Run along..”

She swept her jet black cape up as she descended the ladder in one bound, landing on her boots, and following the underground tunnels. She came to a bend, there a Bouncer, a very tall Gammorrean stood. The greeb pig face had his arms crossed, snot lose from his nose and his under bite of teeth like boar tusks. Sarla approached. The Pig held his hand out.

“No entry..”

Holding her hand out she pierced the mind of the Swine.

The door opened into a den of chatter, a bar of oval shape, strobing red and green ligjts over a fog of spice cloud that was pumped through the vents. Twi’lek twins of olive skin danced on tables before an assortment of hunters, their lekkus falling as they turned in iron fashioned bikinis and chains.

The Dark Lady made her way to the bar, she called through The Force to the Tender who said, “get out of my head Sith..”

She was suprised, his inner cortex had barriers.

“That mind stuff doesn’t work on me, I know the ways of the Force.”

He turned, his eyes silver and his hair jet black. His jaw was chiseled and a scar ran from his left temple to his eyebrow, the mark of a saber. He had a very consternated countenance.

“I left the Order to avoid the likes of your kind. Now get out of my bar before I resume old habits.”He reached under the table for a lightsaber hilt.

The Sith Lady smiled.

“I am half tempted to see what an ex-Jedi turned Bartender would do, but I have come about a bounty. Once I settle that business, I will leave immediately.”

The Man sighed.

“Who you want to see of Car Nune, he’s the guy over in tye den with four ladies on his srm. But beware, he is a Khaleesh, and if you arn’t careful he will seriously farrik up your perfect composure.”

Darth Sarlaac bowed her head and made her way through the fog of Spice. Sitting at a booth was a tall, scaly red figure with a skull face, two orange eyes with reptilian slits. Sarla stood at the end of his table. Car eyed the Dark Lady.

“Well.. looks like Zabra hired some new talent tonight, hahahaha.”

His laugh was raspy.

Sarla remover her hood.

“Oooh! Very nice! I like red skin.” Said Car.

Darth Sarlaac grimaced.

“I have come about a bounty.”

The Kahleesh eyed her with those amber orbs, the black double ended spike motioning back and forth to two men in his entourage, one was a Rodian, and the other a Zabrak.

“What bounty?”

Sarla pointed to herself.

“Mine.”

Car squinted.

“Yours?”

The Dark Lady of the Sith was growing impatient.

“A Mandalorian tried to kill me and mentioned a bounty.”

Car stroked the bottom of his skull.

“Hmmm.. strange, I have no record of a bounty for someone fitting your description, what is your name?”

The Sith ignited her crimson blade.

“Darth Sarlaac!”

The Khaleesh writhed in his booth.

“Careful.. I do not abide threats, out away your magick sword and we will talk.”

Car bid the group leave, and he eyes The Bartender who brough him and Sarla a drink, she having sheathee her saber.

“There is no bounty for a Sith. Such commisions are dangerous with the state of the galaxy.”

Sarla was perplexed, she sensed the Khaleesh was being truthful.

“That said..”

He drank some green liquid in a clear glass.

“Private contracts are sealed. To find the one who requested a bounty is impossible, the signal being encrypted.”

Sarla could not believe this. If someone would go to the trouble to put a price on her head it meant..

“Tsis’kaar..”

She spoke it aloud.

Car squinted.

“What is that?”

Sarla stood up and looked as if death had entered the room.

“Forgive me, I wish to convey my deepest regret at drawing my weapon in your establishment.”

The Khaleesh stood, his figure rising above hers in a slender frame.

“My dear, are you alright?”

The Dark Lady shook her head.,

“No..”

She walked away light headed. Of course, The Emperor had thrown down the die againat the Tsis’kaar and she had escaped his judgement. There would be no stopping the bounty, for it was not about money, but the extermination of her people.

The Bartender Jedi approached her, wiping a glass.

“Hey, hey! You alright?”

Sarla looked at him with those quaking eyes.

“I have to go.. sorry for darkening your doorstep..”

The Bartender stopped her.

“Listen, let me drive you home.”

Sarla looked at him as if in a trance.

“Its far.. in the Dune Sea.”

The Ex-Jedi took up his saber hikt and stuffer it in his belt.

“Its not far by speeder, come.”

On the surface the Bartender Jedi fired up a green covered speeder with four seats of tag leather. Sarla got in, her face pale despite her natural redness.

The Bartender snapped bis fingers.

“Hey! Snap out of it.”

He laughed as he fired up the engine and began navigating Anchorhead. Leaving the Esst gate they came across the sand, Sarla saw at the gate she entered a ball of fire and smoke where the swoop bike had been.

“I have never seen a Sith afraid. I thought your lot conquered fear.”

The Dark Lady turned.

“I..I.. I’m not with The Order.”

The Ex-Jedi raised an eyebrow.

“Excommunicated?”

Sarla starred, “What?”

“Did they excommunicate you! You know exile.”

She shook her head.

“No.. exterminated.”

The Bartender turned his head and stopped the speeder.,

“What?!”

The Dark Lady wrung her black gloved hands.

“My people served The Order as assassins, then the day came when The Emperor deemed us a threat and he laid siege to our last fortress..”

The Ex-Jedi sighed.

“Sith, you and betrayal go together like a blaster and a bounty hunter.”

Sarla looked at him.

“I can walk from here.. I appreciate your kindness.”

The Bartender placed his hand to stop her leg from stepping out.

“Listen.. you seem like a good gal despite your history and the fact you are a Darth. Let me drive you home.”

The Darth sat back down and tye speeder resumed. The shock of the revelation finally began to wear off and Sarla got the notion to ask, “how does a Jedi become a Bartender?”

The Ex-Jedi piloter the speeder across the dunes, his flood lights catching boulders to avoid.

“Its’s a long story. The Jedi life was not for me.”

Sarla almost chuckled.

“Well that is one thing upon which we can agree.”

The Bartender fought a smirk.

“I liked the whole moving things with your mind part and being a peace keeper bit, but.. I just couldn't handle my life being managed by a Council, that I would be sent to Force knows where on the whim of a bunch of old and crusty eldere.”

Sarla did not hide her smile.

“So I recanted my vows, tendered my resignation and never looked back.”

Sarla nodded. “I can understand that. I don’t like my fate being decided either.. that is why thau is hard to bear.”

They came to a cave system and canyon, where the speeder stopped. Getting out the Recanted Jedi helped The Dark Lady out.

“This is where you live?”

Sarla nodded.

“Thank you for the ride, and company.”

The Bartender brushed off some dust from his shoulders.

“Don’t mention it. You stay safe.”

As he got back in the Speeder, Sarla approached and asked his name.

“Its Jarrus.”

“Mine is Sarla.”

“Well you have a good night Sarla, May The Force Be With You.”

She replied, “And with you.”

His speeder took off in a jolt. She was alone agaij, nothing but the wind whispers and the sound of the lapping sand. The Sith Lady entered her cave, when she noticed a noise. There was voices. She inched on the wall, and saw Hunters standung in her room, one was Trandoshan in yellow and white armor. The other was Rodian sitting on her cot. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a chrome orb. Flicking a metal seirch she rolled it inside and ran out the cave, the pitch dark inside turned bright orange and great cliud of smoke came out as she jumped to the side. She heard the hum of a Speeder as up on the canyon cliff a figure set up Mark II Repeater Canon and began firing a non-stop stream of red blaster fire.

Jarrus shouted to Sarla, “get in!”

The Dark Lady jumoee into the back seat and it took off as the non-stoo stream of red energy followed ij a stream tearing up rock and leaving black trails as it followed. The beam of repeater fire tore through the front glass. Jarrus broke the rest of it, his hair blowing in the wind.

“We need somewhere to lay low! Any ideas?!”

Sarla shouted,

“Remy’s!”

The Ex-Jedi shouted back,

“Who?”

The Dark Lady leapt into the front seat beside him.

“Its that way!” She pointed out on horizon to a major dune in the distance.,

The Speeder bounded when two skiffs pulled along side. Sara took the other detonator which chimed and drooper it at Jarrus’ oeddled.

“Is that?! Holy farrik! Get it out of here!”

Sarla levitated it to her hand and tossed it, it exploder near one skiff causing it to burst into flames, it crashing into the ground in a heap. The Second Skiff prusurd, raining down bladter fire. Sarla ignited her twin sabers, and spun them to deflect the bolts, the crimson blades glowing in the night, attracting more fire.

“We have a bump coming up!”

The Dark Lady shoued back, m

“What?!”

Just then she was tossed into the sir, and landed on her back. Red bolts slung over exploding in puffs of snoke in front of the Speeder.

Jarrus shouted,

“This is why I am not a Jedi!!!”

He turned, the Skiff came overhead, two Weequays dropped down with Vivroaxes, Sarla cut the shaft in half of one, cause a spark and kicked one off. The other hit her in the back of the head, making her fall forward, her face into Jarrus’ lap.

“Hey! Easy! Not on a first date!”

Jarrus grabbed the Vibroaxe with his hand, he then called to the power he hd not tapped in many suns. The Weequay had the back blade fly into its neck and fall off the back. The Skiff pulled away, now only the pilot.

“That was good!” said Jarrus.

Then he felt a great bump. The Speeder shook all over, the Skiff was ramming them from behind. Sarla now upright again looked at the pilot, her eyes ablaze, taking her curved sabers she leapt into the air and swung her blades in a sweep across her shoulders cutting the Skiff Pilot’s head clean off. The Skiff then tilted and began to roll. She leapt on to back of the Speeder as it crashed and began to roll after them. Jarrus looked over his shoulder.

“Dank! Lady you are bad luck!”

He pressed the engines to max.

“We are gonna have to bail out.”

They were approaching The Great Dune which had a crevice on the other end.

“One.. two.. three!”

Sarla and Jarrus leapt off the Speeder and rolled across the great sand, the speeder passed and flew off the edge, the rolling Skiff following. The elongated skiff body nearly crushed them, an end pressed on Sarla’a arm and snapped the bone, she crying out. Jarrus faired better, he ducked as the thrusters came to bear and burned the sand with fire turning grains into glass that crunched as Jarrus rolled in it.

As the Speeder and Skiff went over the Great Dune, there was a crash and bang, then a cloud of black smoke rose. Sarla laid in the sand bath moaning as she gripped her left arm. Jarrus climbed out of the cradle of glass grain, his face and hands coverer in cuts. He came to Sarla, and rubbed his hands together, a piece glass embedded in his palm cut his finger. Drops of blood fell on the sand, he placed his hands on her arm.

“I can’t heal it, I never learned. I can however take the pain.”

He closed his eyes, and holding his fingers on her arm, he felt the searing pain fill his own arm, he dropping on his back grasping it. The Dark Lady felt it fade away and she lost consciousness. Sitting there grasping his arm, Jarrus said,

“That’s the last time I give s gal a ride home.”

He began to chuckle relieving the stress they had underwent. Sarla laid there, her bosom rising and falling. What a strange pair the two made.

Darth Sarlaac

Her meditations continued throughout the day.. she had already eaten after all and the best way to practice control of the mind and body was to be able to contorl how much you ate... that was inturrupted when she heard it off in the distance. The sound carrying over the sands and coming down into the canyon. First a speeder and then blasters firing... explosions and the sound of something crashing as she ascended to the top of the canyon to look out upon the Dune sea. She stood there in the cooler night air as she could see it... the sounds coming better across the dunes before she was holding a hand towards the canyon and pulling her tonfa up from the ledge they were on with her pack.

She moved quickly and allowed the force to guide her while muffling her footfalls. Her breathing even while she moved and crested one to look out at someone standing there in the sands. Her eyes narrowing when she saw the second one on the ground under the moonlight. "Sarla?" She said it to herself more and low while moving with her tonfa in her hands before she was checking around while she stayed there on the dune and crouched lower scouting it. THen she was moving down and looking at the crash to check on them with one up along her forearm but the blades remained deactivated. "What are you doing here?"

Darth Sarla

D
Jarrus watched, his head a little fuzzy from the crash into glass, his arm burned when he saw something stir in the sand. It was almost imperceptible, and had he not been a Jedi, he would never have noticed it. Then he saw someone near Sarla, her skin was red like the setting sun, and she had unusual weaponry. Jarrus reached for his saber hilt, he was not sure if this was one of the assassins that Sarla has mentioned earlier. With a snap hiss, he made the amethyst blade hum to life, and stood up holding the blade to his side. He bent his left arm to his side that throbbed.

“She is injured..”

He drew closer, his steps staggering a little, the transference and the impact of jumping from the speeder at such velocity had taken a toll. He came a few steps from the Red Skinned Lady.

“We came to find Remy Singh Remy Singh ..”

He fell on one knee, still holding the crackling purple to his side. Looking at her once more he said,

“Please do not hurt her..”

The words were soft with whimper, the Ex-Jedi fought the force making him want to collapse, sweat and blood dripping from his brow.

Darth Sarlaac

The snap-hiss she knew well and was prepared and she shifted the tonfa's into a defensive stance... one along her forearm and the other rotated upwards. She could direct and catch as needed but he barely seemed able to stand let alone fight when she moved her feet... then he was down and asking her not to hurt the woman as they were both hurt. Her eyes tracking around in case there was danger and she debated how to move both of them as she secured her tonfa... then there was going to be the whole get them down.... she could leave them.... She didn't really know either of them. Just walk away and go back to her cave.

"Tempting but she couldn't do that while moving and focusing the force into her limbs when she put what might be decent supplies onto a piece of metal. SOme fiber cord she could use to drag it and putting them over her shoulders as she was weighed down but she was reinforcing herself with the force to carry the two of them on her shoulders. "Do not flatuate." She said it too either of the unconscious beings... prepared to drop them should but doubted it... just always good to make sure all of your grounds are covered. THe trek back over the dunes and going to long way back to the crevice she could enter and walk out of was fine. Being careful with the two of them as she passed through not to strike them on the wall.

ONce she had them inside with the few supplies she had managed to get she went about what treatment she could. The medical patches and bacta was good enough but the temperature in the desert was dropping with the night and already she knew one needed some shelter. The caves stayed cool but dropped just as much when she was cleaning the wounds and using the brazier for warmth. It wouldn't make smoke or flames... she secured the one in her bedding with patches on him and some of the repair stims for the body. For the other she looked at Sarla and did much of the same but didn't have as much bedding left.

"Hmm." She said it mostly to herself as she laid there and worked to make sure the woman stayed both warm and wouldn't move with all of the medical patches on her. The injector drone sending some healing juice into her that would handle internal injuries. "Do not think more of this." Her facial tendrils twitched as she wrapped an arm around and focused the force to the surface to send it into the woman and providing a healing spoon until she could wake up and help herself... hopefully int he morning.

Darth Sarla

D

The Dark Lady laid there as the meds did their work. Her dreams were full of flames and Masked Presence that said,

480F94C1-264C-4206-B405-86AD47092EBF.jpg

Time is up!

A coffin rose and she was thrown inside, lapping waves of fire surrounding her as she awoke with a gasp. Sitting up she panted. This is why she hated sleep and often went 72hrs without a wink, these dreams of Chaos to remind her of what awaits her.

Coming to her senses, she looked about. She saw Jarrus in the distance fast asleep. Poor dear, he had broken his Bartender Oath and ended up n the middle of high speed chase that nearly claimed his life.

Sarla looked about for signs of Remy, she did not remember being carried to this lair, but she surmised it was the Pureblood that had rescued them. Sarla moaned as she rose, her arm mending, the bone set and a Becta needle in it. The Dark Lady stood there the shadows, tears dripping on her black robes. The reality of her predicament becoming clear, that as Tsis’kasr Survivor she would be hunted.

In life and death there was to be no solace, so she must drown the pain in the most primal ways, take the pleasures she could afford while there was still time.

Leaning against some rock, she thought of Anak Darkstar. Ahe could feel him, their bond not severed by his betrayal. Why had The Force bridged them? She no longer harbored amourous feelings for him, those died when he became a Jedi and looked at her as a stranger, after all they had shared. In truth she hated him, and had it not been for their bizarre bond, she’d have killed him at The Enclave.

It was then as she stirred up her angst, that she noticed that eyes were upon her.

“I suppose gratitude in order. Thank you Remy for patching us up.”

Darth Sarlaac

She could feel something.. there was unease coming from the woman as Remy laid there... allowing herself to breathe in and focus in the night. She slept some of it but when she got up quickly and moved the pureblood remained there. Not bothering to cover but she looked up and rose slowly bowing. "You are welcome." She said it and looked at the one under the covers with the medical patches. "I did not have a lot of supplies and do not have much training. You should be resting and allow the bacta to work its healing effects." She stood there though and rolled her shoulders letting her tendrils coil a little before going to a small area she could sit on the rocks. "There is some food that I have if you need it."

Darth Sarla

D

Sarla decided to join the Pureblood who was bringing out an assortment of foods. There was salted meats which to the tongue made the tastebuds crackle, assorted fruits so sweet they were one of those pleasure Sarla had been looking for, and bread so warm, a small puff of steam seemed to rise from it. She tore a piece off and felt tye warmth to her chest, it was soothing to her aches. Then she dipped it a sauce of yellow, and partook.

The Dark Lady had dined on the most refined worlds, and nothing had tasted we good as this. Could it have been the hunger? The desert and its capacity to test the body to the point that water was like wine and bread a fine cake? Sarla suspected ot could be the company, Remy was not a demanding presence, entirely different than those Sith she had to tolerate with their ego stroking. Here they could pass the meal in silence, and there was no transgression, just the pleasure of two souls enjoying a supper after a day of trials.

The Dark Lady dipped her a new piece of bread in the clear golden liquid. She pulled it to her mouth with a smile. Her eyes sparkling bright white in this home. For the first time since she could remember she felt at peace. Leaning back, she wiped her lips painter in charcoal with some cloth. Her gaze fixed on Remy for a moment, those tendrils and their movement. She wanted to ask The Pureblood about them, but felt that was impertinent and she did not want to disturb the peace of the feast.

Darth Sarlaac

The meal was welcomed and company wasn't terrible in many cases... her old master had tried to fill gaps like this silence with questions and conversation always seeking.. something. She was never certain... wanting to know about her and try and make it seem like she had some great things done to her. Jedi temples were wary fo the sith even purebloods... the darkside was strong with them at a genetic level... she didn't deny it would be easier to use but that was also the thing... testing yourself wasn't supposed to be easy. TO grow stronger in the force you needed something to resist and make you work to overcome. "I take it, hunting down who placed a bounty did not work in your favor?" She said it sitting there and as she took a bote her hands went to her hair moving it back into a tighter ponytail and up. A small band going to hold her hair before looking back towards the sleeping man then the sith with a shrug.

Darth Sarla

D

Sarla had taken another bite of bread when the silence was actually broken by Remy. The Pureblood curious about her? I suppose that was warranted after crashing on her doorstep.

“You could say that. I discovered..”

The Dark Lady adjusted her cloak. Her face painted with anxiety as she thought on ehat she was about to say.

“I know who hunts me.. and they will never stop till I am in a coffin. I was a fool to believe they would let me go..”

The Dark Lady felt tears well up behind her milky white pupils. She fought them, and took a breath.

“You will be in danger for harboring me. That is my great regret.. I didn’t think, simply went on instinct.”

Taking her twin sabers from her belt she placed them on the table pummels facing Remy.’m

“If yoy strike me down, you would ensure your safety.”

She bore her neck and knelt, her black hair falling like a waterfall of shadow.

“I will not resist.. I have been preparing for my end.. beat it be from a friend than them..”

Darth Sarlaac

She listened and then looked.. her expression remaining neutral when the sabers were offered and that... would be easy. 'You can die anytime, but living takes true courage.' She recalled the words that the masters on Tantorus said while she looked at the woman. Debating it in her mind... killing her would likely end a lot of suffering... but it would also ensure that anything in the future she could do good or bad wouldn't happen whihc could create further ripples and echoes stretching across the galaxy.. reverberating for years. Remy rose moving around and holding the saber for a moment as she looked at it. Finely crafted, she doubted there would be anything less.

She moved quickly... no blade activating but she knelt down and held it there for a moment. To look at her eyes before moving forward and speaking. "Just because you die... doesn't mean that the people after you will stop... Instead use this blade to save just one more life. USe it to stop them from harming the innocent." She wrapped her arms around the woman and just held her. "We all once fought an ideal with our blades. It wasn't for bloodlust or for fame, but to create a galaxy where people could live. And if you should forget about that, then what did you fight to come back for?" She looked at her for a moment.

"YOur dreams are vivid and I have seen plenty marked who have returned from chaos. The emperor of Tantorus did much the same and he was marked by mysterious attackers for decades." She said it and leaned back sitting there while just holding the woman. "Killing, dying is easy. Living takes true strength and courage."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom